Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#219802 Mar 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Reflecting your arrogant bigotry with mocking is wrong? Excusing the murder of Christians by blaming all Christians for an African sect that polluted the Christian faith with tribal superstition? There goes that 'rational atheist' oxymoron morality... Smirk.
Somebody call an waaaaahhhmbulance for this guy. He's crying again.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#219803 Mar 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as plain as day, Buck...
"We determined through public documents one science class is covering intelligent design in order to bash it. If they allow that, it’s tantamount to state endorsement of an anti-religious view."
--John West
How could it be any clearer?
In West's opinion, bashing ID is an anti-religious view. That means ID is a religious view. Plain and simple.
No. If you bash something and call it a religious view, then you are expressing an anit-religious view, by definition.

He is not saying, nor has he ever said, that ID is a religious view. You lied.

You also took his quotation out of context, which is, according to you, "misquoting".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#219804 Mar 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a local hero. His image is frequently seen in murals, and every village has a street called Zapata.
Today is a holiday in Mexico, but it's not St.Patrick's Day. It's the celebration of Benito Juarez's birthday, another Mexican hero. He was a former president from the mid-19th century known for his defense of Mexican sovereignty, his democratic and egalitarian ideals such as his support of indiginous peoples and subordination of the military to civilian control, and his progressive reforms, especially his opposition to the excesses of the Catholic church, which included church-state separation and nationalizing church lands. Juarez also has a street named after him in every village, and appears on the 20 peso note.
His wife's name was Margarita.

That's hot.

I wonder if she tasted like strawberries or limes......

Location hidden

#219805 Mar 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck...the way judges write their decisions has been explained to you...over and over.
It is a very common practice for a judge to use the legal briefs of the winning side to write their decision. This is not considered plagiarism.
Just one more example of you using "plagiarizing" the Discovery Institute.
No, you are wrong.

That is not the way judges write their decisions. They do not copy 90% of a plaintiff's brief that is written before evidence in the trial is presented.

You know why? Because introduction of evidence often contradicts the previously-written brief.

And guess what? That is what occurred - Jones' decision, as written, factually contradicted events from trial.

He didn't even bother to correct the typos in the ACLU brief. He plagiarized typos.

You are a hell of a science man, DogShit. You want science decided by a hapless, dishonest judge in a courtroom in Podunk, Pennsylvania.

That's your scientific method. Very impressive. Pardon me if I demur.

Location hidden

#219806 Mar 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I will also note that you once again are throwing up a red herring to avoid the topic.
ID lost. Plain and simple. As it should have.
Oh.
And.
"Cdesign proponentists"
I acknowledge the fact that ID lost. Not avoiding it.

You should acknowledge the fact that the judge mis-stated evidence and distorted the facts of the case in order to arrive at the ruling he gave.

You should also acknowledge that people like Eugenie Scott and others, including you, have lied to smear a group of scientists who acted with integrity in the case.

Location hidden

#219807 Mar 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree Dembski's ideas were thoroughly bashed. "Breathtaking inanity" says it all.
Yep. It says Judge Jones didn't have a clue what he was listening to in court.

I liked the part where microbiologist Scott Minnich made fun of Jones from the witness stand.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#219808 Mar 17, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Im not sure why you are having such a hard time following what I am saying
Didn't I say several times I agree any abuse in the church should be reported and that what I take exception with is lots of other abuse goes without getting media attention at all and I want to see it all reported. Or at least as much as possible. Because victims of abuse in other places suffer just like victims of abuse in the church yet the media doesn't seem too interested in reporting it unless its a "juicy" news story. The news has become too centered around scandal and often ignites many other things that for the public good should ALSO get some coverage
And what I said the problem with the coverage being disproportionate is not only people think it happens much more in the church than anywhere else which isn't true but in addition because people think that they aren't looking in other areas as much as they should to be trying to stop all abuse as much as possible
I don't know why there is always a disconnect. It feels as if you try very hard for there to be one because this is not the first time I have had to explain something repeatedly when we are pretty much in agreement as you insist on trying to make it a "sides" thing even when you are the only one in the exchange doing it. I have explained it as much as I am going to now. Whatever you grasp of dont grasp after this is simply being deliberately obtuse.
And it seems that you are ignoring the facts of the matter as stated in my posts, it’s not just the church who the press have a downer on.

You are focussing on the church for you own reasons. To me it doesn’t really matter who the abusers are just so long as they are made an example of so potential abusers may at least think about the consequences and the abused can have the understanding that there abuses have been punished for there crimes.

Just because it is a church or a priest does not mean that it should be hidden, just the opposite in fact, justice should be seen to be done.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#219809 Mar 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You're weird.
Thanks, cupcake.

#219810 Mar 17, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Christine
Btw, if the UK was so much better than the U.S, at directing its resources towards stopping abuse and your media was so much better at covering it then there would be 200 paparazzi there to snap pictures in case someone in the Royal Family farts
Scandal and interest in famous people's trivial activities trumps more important things in societies all over the world. Including yours
What a load of bollocks, there are about 150 paparazzi hogging the royal family looking for farts
http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/117...

And of course it depends on which media you choose to access. The supermarket tabloids would be cram packed with Phillip farting on the balcony, more established (actual news) papers would have a more balanced view.

#219811 Mar 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
'Rational atheism' oxymoron...
Yes really, just because you don’t want to comprehend that people can have other belief to your own is no one else’s problem but yours.

So worshipping a diety is a ‘Rational atheism' oxymoron...

You must remember to tell jesus next time you are preying to him

#219812 Mar 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Stalin was a Marxist. As is the fundamental belief system of all Communism.
"Communism begins where atheism begins, but atheism is at the outset still far from being communism; indeed it is still for the most part an abstraction."
“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion”(Karl Marx)
Ah,'rational atheist' oxymoron again...
Wrong. Stalin was a nationalist and a christian.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#219813 Mar 17, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Stalin was a nationalist and a christian.
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/facebook...

#219814 Mar 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilderice and Christine say the Pope is an atheist.
I had the same assumption, that the Pope is Christian. I learn new things on Topix every day.
How many times must you repeat your lies before you realise you are lying

I said no such thing, you invented this abuse just to cover the fact that you had no frigging idea what you were talking about and that you were, as usual, soundly thrashed with FACTS.

And contrary to your inane believe that the more you repeat a lie then the more truth it will have is in reality just another fabrication to soothe your withered ego.

Honey, if you want to keep on lying about me then I feel it is my duty to ask you if your are still butt fooking your son? Or have you progressed to a$$ reaming younger chidden yet?

#219815 Mar 17, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't.
You're incapable of learning.
But extremely capable of lying.

#219816 Mar 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen Mikko's posts?
His face looks like a fat turnip.
I see you don’t use a mirror.

#219817 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I condone killing, in particular instances, for ACTIONS, not beliefs.
Yeah right, just so long as you are not the target – right?

You have condoned the IRA and you had no frigging idea what they were murdering for

hypocrit.

#219818 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And? Or are you on sales commission?
https://media.vocativ.com/photos/2014/01/Roge...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#219819 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they misinterpreted the Bible's meaning of slavery, thy thought it meant "Go ahead, own slaves". The Topix Atheist! still thinks that.
Those aren't lesbians, those are actresses.
These are lesbians...
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Well, since the Bible gives guidance on what is good and bad treatment of slaves, yes it does say "Go ahead and own slaves". For example, it was just fine to beat your slave to within an inch of his life as long as he didn't die within three days. Such a fine example of good treatment.

As usual, RR is making excuses for the inexcusable.

#219820 Mar 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You're very confused. You have the inability to remember what you wrote or communicate clearly. It must be alcohol abuse. Is that why you no longer work?
RR does that a lot. I don't think he gives much thought to the implications of what he says. When it comes back to haunt him, it is just easier for him to forget he ever said it.

#219821 Mar 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You see,...women produce an egg, men a sperm, then...
So what produced you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min DBWriter 1,125,174
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 18 min babynoelle 445
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Earthling-1 1,495
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 27,911
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr cpeter1313 306,214
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE