Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#219699 Mar 16, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you freely admit that the program ONLY WORKS FOR CHRISTIANS?
Yet, it is FUNDED by EVERYONE'S TAXES?
Wow.... even an idiot such as YOU can see the unfairness of THAT.
Said no such thing.

It receives no taxes. It is funded by donations.

See my last post to you.

Smile.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#219700 Mar 16, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EASY, you Fascist-f88ck!
So easy, it's no wonder you are too stupid to think of it.
SLAVERY MEANS PEOPLE ARE TREATED AS PROPERTY.[QUOTE] Yeah i get that Bob and i am not defending slavery. Treating people as property has plenty of historical precedent and we all dance to DNA according to Dawkins. So why is ownership of others wrong in all places at all times since these things have been historically determined by thoese in power.
[QUOTE] And that automatically separates people into two distinct groups: OWNERS and PROPERTY.
Exactly.
That is pure evil right there, that's what that is.
Evil based on what?
Once people become PROPERTY? Then it is easy to simply DISPOSE of them like you would yesterday's newspaper.
That would seem to be the case and if it is legal what is your problem. More to the point why is all that objectively wrong if man is nothing more than big brained ape like creatures?
And that is ALSO pure evil, that's what that is.
IF YOU CANNOT SEE THIS IS EVIL?
You are one sick f78ck, that what YOU are.
You are making it all about me. The issue is slavery and ownership. I wish you would stay on track and not get so emotional and hateful. Please explain why slavery is wrong at all places at all times for all people?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#219701 Mar 16, 2014

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#219702 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
RR is addressing exactly what Harris said and believes.
No.
Buck Crick wrote:
He said we have to consider killing people preemptively for their beliefs.
That's closer than RR has ever been, but it's still incorrect.

In the context of Harris' statement, "propositions" are more than just beliefs. A proposition is a belief structure, where certain beliefs are more firmly held and prioritized higher than others. Two propositions can contain the same beliefs, but be structured very differently, changing the resulting behavior of people who accept these propositions.
Buck Crick wrote:
And he admitted it is an extraordinary claim.
No, he says it may seem an extraordinary claim.

Does it not say that?
Buck Crick wrote:
Dance away.
I'm just going to go back to ignoring you again.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#219703 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such quote. You're lying.
It's as plain as day, Buck...

"We determined through public documents one science class is covering intelligent design in order to bash it. If they allow that, itís tantamount to state endorsement of an anti-religious view."

--John West

How could it be any clearer?

In West's opinion, bashing ID is an anti-religious view. That means ID is a religious view. Plain and simple.

#219704 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You reversed the order. You are a liar.
???

WTF are you talking about?

#219705 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the only phrase Judge Jones didn't plagiarize from ACLU shisters.
You forgot to mention Behe claiming astrology is science. If you're going to lie, Darwin's Dipshit, go all the way, man.
Buck...the way judges write their decisions has been explained to you...over and over.

It is a very common practice for a judge to use the legal briefs of the winning side to write their decision. This is not considered plagiarism.

Just one more example of you using "plagiarizing" the Discovery Institute.

#219706 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the only phrase Judge Jones didn't plagiarize from ACLU shisters.
You forgot to mention Behe claiming astrology is science. If you're going to lie, Darwin's Dipshit, go all the way, man.
I will also note that you once again are throwing up a red herring to avoid the topic.

ID lost. Plain and simple. As it should have.

Oh.

And.

"Cdesign proponentists"

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#219707 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I named the Topix Atheists! that say these crazy things.
You've made it to the list now...
[NEW] Killing people for beliefs is an ordinary claim.-Tide
Killing people for beliefs is an action, not a claim.

You really should stick to verbatim quotes.

You don't want people to think you're dishonest, do you?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#219709 Mar 16, 2014
2 Million Scientists Evangelical

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/febr...

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#219710 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes. Prison only makes people angrier and teaches them how to be better criminals.
According to the National Institute of Justice, the number of Americans behind bars has increased for 37 years in a row.
California's Expert Panel on Rehabilitation found that California spent less than $3,000 per year, per inmate, on rehabilitation programs, and that 50 percent of all prisoners released the year before had not participated in a single program.
The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that two-thirds of released prisoners are rearrested for at least one serious new crime, and more than half are re-incarcerated within three years of release.
However, rehabilitation does work some of the time, when implemented properly.
This is a very interesting read on prison stats and how certain rehabilitation techniques fail while others succeed:
http://nij.gov/journals/268/Pages/prison-bubb...
But keep in mind, rehabilitation only works if the person wants it to.
Okay.

Let's offer rehabilitation programs that work to those that want it.

#219711 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no Peppered Moth warmed on a car hood and glued to a tree.
So effing what? It still shows the camouflage given by the color pattern. Is this so difficult for you to understand? Must you parrot every piece of tripe put out by the creationist community?
Buck Crick wrote:
What West was addressing was people who want to have it both ways.
Sorry, but he says bashing ID is an anti-religious view. The only possible conclusion is he thinks ID is a religious view.

But then, you have never shown strong comprehension skills.
Buck Crick wrote:
Is ID "non-scientific"
Yes. ID is not scientific.
Buck Crick wrote:
when it agrees with mainstream science?
But it doesn't.
Buck Crick wrote:
I sense that it is only "non-scientific" when it departs from orthodoxy.
A stereotype is an uncritical judgement.
Buck, what you know about science could be written on the head of a pin with a 4" paintbrush.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#219712 Mar 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I think critics want to be able to bash Christians with impunity and then whine when Christians defend their beliefs, which is their right, and point out logical consequences of unbelief.
.. instead of living in the now, you fret and fret about the future, the consequences of unbelief ..

.. if a mountain lion stood in your path, there would be little time to fret. Instead, you would act, your entire body would go into overdrive, instinct would prevail ..

.. fear is always an attempt to control what might happen in the future. The idea of possible pain and misery in an afterlife drive the imagination, the fear, ever forward and stops humans from living in the now. Religious leaders know exactly how to manipulate this basic human emotion ..

.. you've been bamboozled. Try living in the now ..

#219713 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>They did wipe the floor with Dembski as he was attached. just because he didn't testify does not mean that his "ideas" were not eviscerated. This is not a courtroom, this is a chat room. There are no technicalities here. Dembski's IDiocy was eviscerated in that case.
I will agree Dembski's ideas were thoroughly bashed. "Breathtaking inanity" says it all.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#219714 Mar 16, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing people for beliefs is an action, not a claim.
You really should stick to verbatim quotes.
You don't want people to think you're dishonest, do you?
I've never killed anybody. I think it's more fun just to beat them up.

#219715 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Your concession speech has been logged. Kitzmiller v Dover was a slam dunk. You lose. Dear Leader is a figment of your drunken imagination, felon.
Buck has some eloquence in what he says, but he still argues like a 3rd grader on the playground.

"You're stupid"

"You're a liar"

That is what so many of his "arguments" boil down to.

#219716 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never quoted Darwin.
How do you accuse me of quote mining him?
<headdesk>

I guess you missed that word "like", as in "what you did with Harris is LIKE what creationists do with Darwin."

<facepalm>

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#219717 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
On average, an inmate in the US costs taxpayers $23,000 a year.
So if you figure some schmuck that murdered his wife for cheating on him gets life in prison, her life's apparent worth is determined on the man's age and how long his life is.
Assume he kills her at 25 and lives until he's 70, in prison.
Then the dollar amount for a life is $1,035,000.
Or we can go to Home Depot, but a rope for $19.99 and reuse it on every scumbag murderer like him.
Thank you for offering your opinion, Christian, but I disagree with capital punishment.

I wouldn't kill someone who is not an immediate threat to human life. I wouldn't be willing to kill the portion of innocents along with the guilty, even if I was willing to kill the guilty.

#219718 Mar 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Christians did not create slavery. The problem with Bible bashers is they somehow assume slavery is wrong at all places at all times under all circumstances. So they say but they only address the issue by select quoting Scripture. Well if slavery is wrong at all places at all time for all people then provide an objective source for that assumption apart from Scripture. Put up or shut up.
In a sense, it is true that Christians did not create slavery. It was pervasive in the world where Christianity arose, and Christians merely adopted the norm.

However, if one looks at the creation of slavery in the British colonies that became the US, it WAS Christians that created the institution. And it was Christians that insisted it be maintained when the Constitution was written, it was Christians that argued it be maintained despite rising abolitionist feelings, and it was Christians that went to war to defend it as an institution.

(Please note: I did not say ALL Christians held these positions. But those that did were overwhelmingly Christian.)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219719 Mar 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are assuming the world posses your intelligence.
But it does not so violent solutions are as matter of fact. IRL
Sadly, you are correct. Religion isn't helping, though-- quite the opposite, in fact.

So much for "the religion of peace" --(most claim to bring peace-- none ever do)

Even worse for the religions who claim to be loving-- they are, in fact, the opposite (christianity)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Ink 309,247
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,206,755
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr litesong 4,970
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 29,273
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sat Nine Ball 201,794
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web