Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
209,341 - 209,360 of 225,603 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you call it science and history.
In as much as public funds pay for a lot of private school tuitions, it should not be allowed in private schools either.(IE: School Vouchers) They don't pay taxes but want taxes to pay for their schools.
A pack of thieves and nothing more.
Then we have to stop teaching evolution. It's materialism breaches religious neutrality.

And Charles Darwin's only degree was in theology.

Stop this religious indoctrination!

I forgot which amendment prohibits public funds for religious activity in schools. Do you recall it? Could you quote it for me?

Thanks in advance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the designer look like?
What does the cause of the Big Bang look like?

What does dark matter look like?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, I'll state my view, but won't belabor it: Religion has no place in our public schools. English, history, math, science, physical education, woodshop, yes. Religion, no. I don't consider creationism to be science and it doesn't fit into any of the other categories. I don't consider Intelligent Design to be science and it doesn't fit into any of the other categories--it's religion, thinly masked.
"Neutrality," whatever you may mean by the term, has nothing to do with it for me. My view is that there should be no government entanglement with religion, and to permit religion to be taught in the public schools is indeed entanglement.
I'm all in favor of what you propose, but only in private schools. The government should not interfere with the teaching of religion in private schools.
No, you are happy to have government entanglement with religion.

You simply have a different choice of religion.

And, from the indications, you don't know what religion is.

Also, people don't have to give you what you want. Do you always get what you want?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Thought it was the infinite doughnut hole?
I'd rather not speculate.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Where does this "thought crimes" stuff come from? Who used that phrase or made any similar claim?
"Some propositions are so dangerous that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/ ...
"North Korea tyrant Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered that 33 Christians believed to be working alongside South Korean Baptist missionary Kim Jung-wook be put to death."
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Only 33,,dude needs to do better then that!!
LOL
There's that Topix Atheist! love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that--
I don't care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Then you lose.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Nope.
It is you who is losing -- every time a poll is taken in the US?
The number of unbelievers grows.
And the number of Genuine Christholes™ takes a sharp decline.
I call that winning.
What?

You claimed there are 100s of verses in the Bible commanding me to kill you and you refused to post even one.

You lose.
OG Kush

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Found a bunch of old Tales From The Crypt episodes on line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wlNG5rWNokkXX
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/27/arts/des...

EC comics of the early 50s were once vilified - now original copies of these are worth thousands of dollars.

HBO to its credit chose to air a number of these great stories. I've always enjoyed the laugh of the crypt keeper!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.comicvine.com/the-crypt-keeper/400...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Should the materialism of Darwinism, as it rules out a god, be forced out of public schools on the grounds of violating neutrality toward religion?
It does violate neutrality, obviously. What to do?
We have the predominant religions in America saying God created Adam and Eve, and all foul of the air, beasts of the field.
Darwinism says no, it didn't happen that way. The beasts came first, millions of years before Adam.
So it has to go, right Counselor? That proposition cannot possibly be neutral toward religion.
Science belongs in the public schools; religion does not.

Stop with the materialism and neutrality bullshit.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are happy to have government entanglement with religion.
You simply have a different choice of religion.
And, from the indications, you don't know what religion is.
Also, people don't have to give you what you want. Do you always get what you want?
It's not about me.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>What does the cause of the Big Bang look like?

What does dark matter look like?
So no answer.

Figured as much

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Science belongs in the public schools; religion does not. Stop with the materialism and neutrality bullshit.
Which parts of science belongs in schools and who gets to decide that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the materialism and neutrality bullshit.
So you don't have an answer.

Numerous courts, including the Supreme Court, have said Atheism is a religion, or can be considered a religion.

Materialist theories and dogma, as in Darwinism, is atheistic and obviously breaches the requirement that government schools be neutral toward religion.

Do you deny the courts have insisted on this neutrality?

So evolution has to go. You should be standing up for civil liberties! Where's the ACLU?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So no answer.
Figured as much
If you are not obliged to tell me what an implication of one scientific theory looks like, I'm not obliged to tell you what another looks like.

You somehow view this as a weakness on my part, but not on yours.

That's irrational. But then, you are also not required to be rational. So carry on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which parts of science belongs in schools and who gets to decide that?
The people with the deepest pockets.

In the case of the Intelligent Design controversy, it's the ACLU and various science organizations who are religiously and philosophically materialists, which means they are atheists.

Materialism has assumed the role of an Establishment of Religion.

Of the deepest irony,....and this is the clincher that will make you light your head on fire:

** They achieve the Establishment on the basis that there can be no Establishment !!**

This bears reiterating...to put it another way...

**Materialism is the exclusive State Church, and achieved it by insisting there can be No State Church !!***

[Write this down and pass it to your grandchildren. When they find that they no longer have a sovereign nation to live in, they will be able to know you warned them.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The people with the deepest pockets.
In the case of the Intelligent Design controversy, it's the ACLU and various science organizations who are religiously and philosophically materialists, which means they are atheists.
Materialism has assumed the role of an Establishment of Religion.
Of the deepest irony,....and this is the clincher that will make you light your head on fire:
** They achieve the Establishment on the basis that there can be no Establishment !!**
This bears reiterating...to put it another way...
**Materialism is the exclusive State Church, and achieved it by insisting there can be No State Church !!***
[Write this down and pass it to your grandchildren. When they find that they no longer have a sovereign nation to live in, they will be able to know you warned them.]
You weren't supposed to answer. My questions were that of rhetoric and designed to help Feltcher think.

Oops did I say they were designed? I meant to say that my questions were spontaneous and random...

Have you seen the atheist mega churches? I wonder what their sermons are about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

That is your belief. Why do you think you have the right to impose your belief on others?

Why should taxpayers have to support your belief in public schools, but not others?

Are you not embarrassed that your belief is so lame that you must try and prohibit any rival being seen on the same stage?

Is weakness embarrassing for you?

Wouldn't the honest thing be to try and get laws passed or constitutional amendments saying that religion is not allowed in public schools?

Have you thought of that tactic? If the majority is inclined to agree with you, such an amendment could be accomplished.

Wonder why no one has thought of that before?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

"Some propositions are so dangerous that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them."
No, but he's not talking about killing people for believing something. Hiding told me.

It's one of those cases where someone's real meaning is totally different than the plain words they write down, but it requires a third person who never met them to explain what that different meaning is, though it contradicts the plain words.

It happens all the time. There should be a linguistic term for it. I mean,...other than bull shit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he's not talking about killing people for believing something. Hiding told me.
It's one of those cases where someone's real meaning is totally different than the plain words they write down, but it requires a third person who never met them to explain what that different meaning is, though it contradicts the plain words.
It happens all the time. There should be a linguistic term for it. I mean,...other than bull shit.
It's like IANS telling us that the Bible means whatever the reader interprets it to mean.

I guess these freethinkers have learned to interpret Harri's words into something less criminal and vile.

Well, that's how I imterpret it anyway...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aphelion 1,095,562
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Love Lost 305,387
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 26,967
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••