Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216712 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back in the kitchen, Hoe!
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I told you to bake some cookies. You dumb @zz blond...
The above is what happens when you put your brain on faith-- you lose your mind, and become hate-filled.

Don't lose your mind. Don't become hate-filled.

Stay off of faith.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216713 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Animals don't "terrorize" humans, are you that ignorant of the world around you. They protect their young, they protect their territory, they attack when they feel threatened, and of course they are always looking to survive by eating. If the animal is big enough and hungry enough, and you're stupid enough to be in his territory, you just might be supper.
The only animal that terrorized humans are other humans.
I've seen pit bulls kill other animals from sheer blood lust and nothing more. They killed a bunch of rabbits until they couldn't stand up any longer, laid down panting to get their strength back and then got up again and killed all the remaining rabbits and then went to sleep. The rabbits were not a threat and, apparently, were not tasty enough to eat. Pit bulls try the same terrorizing of neighborhood kids. There is no distinction between rabbits and small humans to them. Many animals kill just for pleasure, you twit.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216714 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You are now required to give specific examples of these things you claim Harris is guilty of. Post the quotes and from which dialog they came from. You might even pick and example that occurred during a debate and paste it for all to see.
Show the evidence that he is "lusting" after the lives of those he calls liars. Provide evidence that he has attempting to control anyones mind.
Do this or I, and every one here, will know you're talking out of your azz. I'll wait.
i've already cited his books, interviews and youtube videos, numerous times on here. I won't do it just so your weaselly self can lie and deny the content that everybody can clearly see, troll.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#216715 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I told you to bake some cookies. You dumb @zz blond...
You should quit trying to think, it just makes us mad and you look stupid.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216717 Mar 4, 2014
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen pit bulls kill other animals from sheer blood lust and nothing more. They killed a bunch of rabbits until they couldn't stand up any longer, laid down panting to get their strength back and then got up again and killed all the remaining rabbits and then went to sleep. The rabbits were not a threat and, apparently, were not tasty enough to eat. Pit bulls try the same terrorizing of neighborhood kids. There is no distinction between rabbits and small humans to them. Many animals kill just for pleasure, you twit.
You really should not call your siblings "pit bulls". It sullies the names of these dogs, for one thing.

And it's not very nice to your siblings either...

... moreover, telling strangers on the internet about your wanton animal cruelty isn't a good idea.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216718 Mar 4, 2014
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>i've already cited his books, interviews and youtube videos, numerous times on here. I won't do it just so your weaselly self can lie and deny the content that everybody can clearly see, troll.
LOL!

Riiiiight.... you "cited" hate-groups, godbot-websites and Faux Snooze....

.... LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216720 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
That's better! Now who's your daddy!?
You ain't-- you christian moocher.

You really need to quit hitting that bong-- you seem to have got some bong-water in your lungs again...
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216721 Mar 4, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they are.
It wasn't that long ago, when nano was whining about the douchenozzle she was living with at the time-- then she went on and on about her previous live-in victim...
... and of course, who could forget her endless rants about her ex-husband, who apparently left her after she'd cheated on him for several years.
Yeah.
These christers are real lovely examples of how to be moral /end sarcasm
You pathetic little creep. If you had spent less time lying on Topix and more time in the real world you might not have had that babyshyt colored house of yours foreclosed on. Too bad Dawkins never offered to give back any of that money you donated to the "cause".
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216722 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
I prefer brutal honesty, so I call them insane anyhow.
But I get what you are saying, here.
Nobody at your church wants to share a pew with you because of your crazy eyes. Boo hoo, how sad.

I'm sure they all wonder when you'll end up bringing a machete to Sunday services.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#216723 Mar 4, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I believe psychology technically defines insanity as believing in non-real things - their larger definition includes the supernatural. So, yeah, insane.
For whatever reason we don't call religious people insane if they belong to a religion with widespread social acceptance. However, if they belong to a small group, we have no issues labeling them and questioning their beliefs, despite all religions have equal evidence to their claims.
Good to see you, Hiding.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216725 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
You really should not call your siblings "pit bulls". It sullies the names of these dogs, for one thing.
And it's not very nice to your siblings either...
... moreover, telling strangers on the internet about your wanton animal cruelty isn't a good idea.
If lack of wit was a crime you would be on death row right now.

It's clear to see why you fear seeking professional mental help; if they exterminated all worms in your brain there wouldn't be anything left to make your lips twitch.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#216726 Mar 4, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't tell them where!
You mean in Buck's basement? Buck already let that one out.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216727 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
LOL!
Riiiiight.... you "cited" hate-groups, godbot-websites and Faux Snooze....
.... LOL!
Nope, I cited your far left, prissy Salon.com and videos that Sam himself made. But you looneytoons still denied what everyone with eyes could see. As usual, truth doesn't serve your purpose, loser.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#216730 Mar 4, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you, Hiding.
Scar! Scar!!! Woohoooooooooooo!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#216731 Mar 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean in Buck's basement? Buck already let that one out.
There's so much to do in this basement. Just working and toiling away.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#216732 Mar 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Hello young man!
I've been hiding and hiding and hiding and hiding and hiding...
Come out, come out, wherever you are...

http://deremoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#216733 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
It clearly is evidence of how our belief systems affect our lives...
Smile.
Your claims for Christian charity are exaggerated. We see that every time we are able to look at the numbers.

No, your claims for yourself are not evidence of anything. Your posting is the evidence of how your faith has affected your life.

You don't seem to have any sense of what message you send with your talk of aliens, your insistence that your tepid prophecies be admired, your peevish disposition, and your mindless repetitive insults ("oxymoron" and "rational atheist" ) and smirking contained in most posts.

You were supposed to have received spiritual gifts for all of the time and money that you have invested in your faith, and hopefully a little poise, human kindness, and wisdom. All you got was coals. The evidence is that you've been lied to.

Fennario

#216734 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Your 'rational atheist' brain puked out ignorance. Smile.
This is the fruit of your faith.

Fennario

#216735 Mar 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The Affirmations of Humanism - A Statement of Principles
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/12
• We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
• We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation.
• We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
• We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
• We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

[snip]

• We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.
• We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
• We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
• We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.
• We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
• We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
• We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality.
• We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.
KiMare wrote:
Sounds great! But still can't give us a poster child example, can you. Wonder why the 'rational humanist' rubber never meets the road... Snicker.
Every liberal democracy in the West is the gift of secular humanism. Limited government, personal liberties, and a healthy middle class with economic and social opportunity are the hallmarks of humanistic government.

Look at that declaration above and compare it to your authoritarian tradition. Your bible has no interest in democracy or rights. It's all about commandments and submission. Humanists esteem education, autonomy and self-actualization. Christianity has no use for any of that.

“Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but—more frequently than not—struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God ... Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God." - Martin Luther

"The church doesn't like for people to grow up, because you can't control grown-ups. That's why we talk about being born again. When you're 'born again' you're still a child. People don't need to be born again, they need to grow up." - Bishop John Shelby Spong

"Religion is always in the control business and that's something people don't really understand. It's in the guilt-producing, control business.... and so they create this fiery place which has quite literally scared the hell out of a lot of people throughout christian history. And it's part of a control tactic" - Bishop John Shelby Spong

Fennario

#216736 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Ah, gotta love that 'rational humanist' math oxymoron. Snicker.
This is what your faith has done for you. Congratulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min American Independent 1,549,473
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min Trojan 33,193
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr weaponX 314,719
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web