Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254914 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#216635 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He advocates murder of people innocent of any wrongdoing.
If that's not evil, I'd say it gets you within hollerin' distance.
You're full of shit as usual.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216636 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I called a scientist and asked him about your Infinite Donut Theory.
The problem with this, Butt Cheeks? Is that you don't actually know any scientists.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216637 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, Blob.
I'd recognize your brand of stupid anywhere.
Nope, not me, Butt Cheeks.

You are some special kind of stupid, aren't you?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#216638 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming you are a blue baboon.
How is that different from you claiming to be a bad ass football player? A whimpy pig farmer I can believe!!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#216639 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, here we go then let's test your claim.
Please tell us "YOUR" argument that infinity exist in the material world.
What is the 'empirical' scientific evidence you base your assumption on?
I've never said that infinity exists in the material world. That is one of Buck's straw men.

I have always maintained that infinity is a mathematical concept.

Buck has disputed what that concept is. He has been very wrong. As in...
EXPERT wrote:
I pointed out the contradictions...

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#216640 Mar 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This expert guy is upset with your "ad homonym" attacks.
Hominy grits?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#216641 Mar 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you've been away from home now for quite a while.
What's up?
She misses your "touch".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216642 Mar 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
what faith? requires absolute idiocy to reject the verified account of Christ. you have to be a total moron to ignore the proof
What proof?

You don't have **any**.

Your "account" of christ is a legend, a myth-- not verified by **anything** outside of the bible.

That's circular argument, and is false.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#216643 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, how cute. Don't worry I'm sure AM knows he can count on you for a little @ss tickle from time to time...
We can expect garbage compactor explosions from.....Eggsquirt!

Since: Jan 11

United States

#216644 Mar 4, 2014
virtuanna wrote:
You prove what kind of idiot you are in defending a man who has evil intentions towards people who have never done him any harm.
Even Little Red Ridinghood could have recognized the fangs under Harris's lying lips.
I think I get it. You've got a crush on Sam Harris. You should send him one of these:

http://www.hollyandtheicing.com/wp-content/up...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#216645 Mar 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said that infinity exists in the material world. That is one of Buck's straw men.
I have always maintained that infinity is a mathematical concept.
Buck has disputed what that concept is. He has been very wrong. As in...
<quoted text>
NASA's been trying to break you in slowly to the reality though.

#216646 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where to start with this one? Wow.
First, why do you continue to use the word "concept" when referring to infinity?
Side note, since I got an 'A' in physics do you believe I should know everything regarding physics?
That would follow that is I failed English then I wouldn't be able to type any of this...
Do you ever take time to listen to yourself?
But I WOULD expect you to know the basics of physics if you got an A in the subject. For example, you should know that under constant acceleration the distance traveled in time t is given by (in a classical framework)...

V_0 t + 1/2 A t^2

If you couldn't even get close to understanding this, then I would have serious doubts about your claim to have even taken physics.

And that is the problem with Buck's claim about calculus. It is not that he doesn't know everything. It is that he has demonstrated no knowledge of ANYTHING about calculus.

And that last paragraph is just demonstrating you know virtually nothing about logic. Your conclusion does not follow from your premise.

I also see that you ignored completely the point that was being made. Diversion. Which seems to be your favorite tactic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216648 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
Side note, since I got an 'A' in physics ...
You?

An "A" in ... PHYSICS?

"bible physics" does not count, you idiot.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#216649 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
First, why do you continue to use the word "concept" when referring to infinity?
BTW...I refer to infinity as a concept because it IS a concept.

#216650 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you can do?
I realize, and I am confident most other readers realize, that this calculus path has nothing whatsoever to do with the concept of infinity in the physical world, and whether anything infinite exists.
We can use a path to describe a theoretical circular dick of infinite length.
Does one exist? Nobody would ever know from what you offer. But we do know what you blurted out is of no use whatsoever in answering any question that has ever been broached on this forum.
What was it then, exactly? It was you hoping you would convince someone you are smart.
Good luck with that, Crockthorton.
Buck is engaging in a straw man once again.

I have never claimed that infinity exists as something physical.

Buck is trying desperately to hold onto his narrative about "infinite donuts".

When it is pointed out what was really said, his only recourse is diversion.

Typical Buck. So predictable.(I believe I did say that pointing this out to Buck would be useless.)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#216651 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So this is your style, name calling and false accusations rather than intelligent conversation?

I don't think you can argue against either one of these guys, their arguments against religion and the tenants that accompany them are rock solid.

I would now dare you to offer your evidence for the creator of the universe. Follow that with any examples of why anyone should even consider reading the bible.

Now shows as how being religious and having a belief in God has its benefits over not having a belief in God.

I'll wait!!!
Well yeah. It's nano. Abuse is its marker.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#216652 Mar 4, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this, Butt Cheeks? Is that you don't actually know any scientists.
Isn it just me, or is this one of most childish things ever, posting a letter from an anonymous scientist and expecting anyone to believe it. Maybe he really believes everyone is just as stupid and as gullible as he is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216653 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn it just me, or is this one of most childish things ever, posting a letter from an anonymous scientist and expecting anyone to believe it. Maybe he really believes everyone is just as stupid and as gullible as he is.
If that letter was written by an actual scientist? I would bet you $1000 that the "scientist" got his "degree" from one of those internet things, for $29.95.

And even then?

He paid too much...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#216654 Mar 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
But I WOULD expect you to know the basics of physics if you got an A in the subject. For example, you should know that under constant acceleration the distance traveled in time t is given by (in a classical framework)...
V_0 t + 1/2 A t^2
If you couldn't even get close to understanding this, then I would have serious doubts about your claim to have even taken physics.
And that is the problem with Buck's claim about calculus. It is not that he doesn't know everything. It is that he has demonstrated no knowledge of ANYTHING about calculus.
And that last paragraph is just demonstrating you know virtually nothing about logic. Your conclusion does not follow from your premise.
I also see that you ignored completely the point that was being made. Diversion. Which seems to be your favorite tactic.
He also knows nothing about music or the Theory behind it, though he claims to have "expertise" on the subject. He couldn't answer the most basic questions. It appears as thought he is an "expert" in not much. Maybe a bullshit expert, but thats about it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216655 Mar 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah. It's nano. Abuse is its marker.
Correct.

She's an abusive bully. Likely she gets it because of a lifelong abuse at the hands of her godbot parents, and then the douchenozzles she goes out with.

I almost pity her... almost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,374,571
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 9,519
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 19 hr Ela 39
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu cpeter1313 310,940
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed Jesse 201,845
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web