Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244948 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215992 Mar 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The page numbers?
Nope. The original manuscripts are unnumbered folios.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#215993 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's actually coming from the CBO, the Congressional Budget Office. "The CBO estimated that by 2017, there would be the equivalent of about 2 million fewer workers than there would be in the absence of the law [ACA]."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Maybe you should have actually read your link. You won't like what it says if you do. It explains how Boehner is being dishonest with the statistics in the CBO report and misrepresenting what they mean.

He's not a Christian, is he?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#215994 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were the naked ladies questionable?
I prefer the classic term "ladies of negotiable virtue".

Was that RAH?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#215995 Mar 1, 2014
<quoted text>
I tried to read that, but it was so painful that the pain continued after I stopped. I considered sticking a hot needle in my eye and twist it as a distraction, but managed to wait it out anyway. Frankly, I'd rather attempt to hurriedly saw off my leg with a rusty hacksaw in the middle of a desert while chained to a car leaking gasoline that was slowly running towards an open flame than to read theology.
This is a nice article.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/28/the_dying_rig...

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#215996 Mar 1, 2014
Sorry, Buck, but you don't seem to know what secular humanism is. We have no god. You've been listening to the Christians.
There is nobody that I would rather read on morality than Harris.
I was thinking about Harris' controversial comment while walking today, and considering it in the context of the Dominionists, who are far more threatening to our lives and liberty than the Muslims held in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. They walk the streets of America freely and (as far as I know) without surveillance.
How do you feel about the way that those prisoners were treated?
Here's a video of Harris talking with Joe Rogan. They cover a lot of topics. I watched about half of it last night.

Location hidden

#215997 Mar 1, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to warn everyone....
Most people ignore the freak.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#215998 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
They were probably laying with each other in an abominable way.

“Whispered Tales of Immortality”

Since: May 07

The Sacred River Alph

#215999 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
The major problem with ACA is that conservatives are trying to make it fail any way they can.
I agree with you on 'conservatives trying to make it fail'. But I don't think its the major problem. I dont think its a bad thing either that conservatives are trying to make it fail, even though I believe that ship has sailed. This law has plenty of issues, and I don't believe we've touched the surface of those problems yet. It was poorly written. I would argue the major problem was its oversight. You had a President who, in my opinion, wanted a signature piece of legislation that would exalt him through history. He got it done.

If you recall they (congress) didn't know what was in the bill. They had a rough draft of how it was going to work. They passed it and Obama handed it off. There was no oversight and what we got was about a 15,000 page conglomerated mess.

This was suppose to bring health care costs down. Now I'm not gonna sit here and tell you, or act as if I know its accomplished that, but I highly doubt it. What I can tell you is it seriously inflated health care insurance costs, and thats what consumers are concerned about.

The Sacred River Alph

#216000 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

The really bizarre thing about it, to me, it that it was a Republican plan...at least originally. Once it was adopted by Obama and the Democrats, however, the Republican disowned it.
I have heard that also. At the time it was a Republican plan it was rejected by Democrats. Thats how these games work now-a-days. Republicans aren't the only party of no.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#216001 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Here's another:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25689...

laud: praise (a person or their achievements) highly, esp. in a public context.

That's going too far. Any self serving politician would have done the same thing. She waited to see what was going to happen before she decided.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#216002 Mar 1, 2014

There is nobody that I would rather read on morality than Harris.
Of course you do. Harris hates Christians as much as you and Hitchens and a lot of atheists. Hatred to the point of genocide and murder. So much hatred that, given the power, you'd be just like Stalin and kill people for their beliefs.

“Some beliefs are so dangerous that it may be ethical to kill people for believing them”
Sam Harris, The End of Faith, pp.52-53.

Or on page 193 of the sane book, your oh-so-moral hero talks about the medieval torture device, the strappado.

"there would be no harm in dusting off the strappado and exposing this unpleasant fellow to a suasion of bygone times"

Sam Harris says morality is human well-being, that morality means to advance human well-being.l and that human well-being is a function of the brain.

You wanna see liberal, anti-everyone-but-liberals mentality and "morals"?

The really scary part of such liberal ideology is how Harris proposes to solve our moral problems:

"We must build our better selves into our laws, tax codes, and institutions. Knowing that we are generally incapable of valuing two children more than either child alone, we must build a structure that reflects and enforces our deeper understanding of human well-being." -Harris

He's a hate filled mongrel that hates emphatically anyone that has a different thought than him. Sounds a lot lot the typical, hate-filled Topix Atheist! to me.

Location hidden

#216003 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They were probably laying with each other in an abominable way.
Hopefully, RR didn't spank anything while looking at that.

The Sacred River Alph

#216004 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

A great many Republicans have such a hatred of Obama that if Obama says, "The sky is blue", they will call him a liar and argue it isn't.(Hyperbole. But not that far off the track.)
I would blame Obama for that. He is the leader. He has to find a way to work with Congress and he's failed. He likes to blame. Leaders lead and take responsibility, losers blame others. I think if you look back at history you'll find Presidents who are looked at as successes, found a way to work with there congressional leaders. As a President you give direction and you sign bills into law and you make sure things are getting done. He barely got the ACA passed with a majority House and Senate. His own party, who are up for reelection are distancing themselves from him.

I have a feeling history will not be kind to this President.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216005 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It contradicts it.
Luke says the purpose of the parable was so they would NOT understand what he was saying.
Learn to read you imbecile.
"that seeing they might NOT see, and hearing they might NOT understand." - Like 8:10
You're an idiot. And you cherry picked it.

Jesus is speaking to His apostles, explaining why He talks normally to them but in parables to everyone else.

He said,“The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand."

Jesus understood that most people can't handle the truth. In other words, there are people that have neither interest or regard in what He is really saying. He spoke in parables as a memorable way of conveying Divine truth.

It worked. Here we are, 2000 years, later still talking about it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216006 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I have seldom run into a person as subjugated as you are. You lack freedom entirely. You believe in total obedience. You are truly a slave. And you are beyond repair. Even a move to Texas can't help you.
Aw, the psycho liberal loon attempted a smear.

Cute.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216007 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Their bewbs were too small.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#216008 Mar 1, 2014
Hmm, ancient cheese , those Chinese may have broken a cheese record here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/01/worl...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216009 Mar 1, 2014
Maybe you should have actually read your link. You won't like what it says if you do. It explains how Boehner is being dishonest with the statistics in the CBO report and misrepresenting what they mean.
He's not a Christian, is he?
Nope. The CBO figured that many workers will lose one to two percent of hours worked.

The CBO estimated that Obamacare would "reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024, almost entirely because workers will choose to supply less labor — given the new taxes and other incentives they will face and the financial benefits some will receive." This would equal a "decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024," the report continued.

Did you get that or did you choose to gloss over it?

Oh, you glossed it?

a "decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024,"

Obamacare is bad news for America.

You're not an atheist, I mean humanist, are you ?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216010 Mar 1, 2014
JohnnyComeLately wrote:
<quoted text>
I would blame Obama for that. He is the leader. He has to find a way to work with Congress and he's failed. He likes to blame. Leaders lead and take responsibility, losers blame others. I think if you look back at history you'll find Presidents who are looked at as successes, found a way to work with there congressional leaders. As a President you give direction and you sign bills into law and you make sure things are getting done. He barely got the ACA passed with a majority House and Senate. His own party, who are up for reelection are distancing themselves from him.
I have a feeling history will not be kind to this President.
Obama will be heralded as one of the wrist US presidents ever.

His average approval rating is just 48%. You know who was lower? Nixon.

Go figure.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#216011 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, the psycho liberal loon attempted a smear.
Cute.
No smear.

Just the facts, Redneck.

Just the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,263,744
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Earthling-1 6,482
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr feces for jesus 310,344
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
More from around the web