Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#216107 Mar 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Christians are the most charitable people on the planet.
Charity and forced wealth distribution aren't the same.
I thought you knew.
Never assume River knows something.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#216108 Mar 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"We do not consider you accursed"
Thanks, man.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#216109 Mar 2, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
The conservative meme on this has been that CBO reported that ACA would destroy 2 million jobs.
Even conservative members of the CBO have come out saying this is a lie.
The report says that 2 million people would leave the work force.
This is not the same as 2 million jobs being destroyed. The jobs will still be there. 2 million people currently without jobs will then take those jobs, becoming employed. The number of jobs will remain the same. The number of employed will remain the same. The only change will be who has the jobs. And the people leaving those jobs will be leaving voluntarily.
This has been explained before to RR. Either he doesn't have enough smarts to understand or else he is lying.
This, BTW, is one of those stories Fox News has been pushing as a "fact", that 2 million jobs would be destroyed. Just another example of why not to trust Fox News.
(All news shows get some things wrong some of the time. However, the shows with integrity will offer retractions when they are wrong. Fox News doesn't.)
That's pure bull shit.

There is no guarantee that the decreased hours of employment are going to be filled by someone else taking the jobs. If the people who left or cut back their hours did so because it was financially advantageous to do so, there is no reason to assume it is financially advantageous for another worker to pick them up. The other worker also has the same calculus to consider whether they should work less and take the taxpayer subsidy for their health care. It is not an individual calculation, but a collective one.

Then you couple this with the employer mandate applying to workers over 30 hours, and that is an additional incentive toward reduced hours.

The estimate of 2 million jobs lost is too low.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#216110 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You also don't have to have comp and collision. Only liability - as a protection against harming another party.
You are also not forced to buy a car.
You didn't have much choice on being born.
Liberals aren't too bright on distinctions.
What *are* they bright on?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216111 Mar 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I live in L.A., man. Driving is mandatory here!
No you don't and no it isn't.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216112 Mar 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Off to the gym.
Thank ms for letting us know. Now we won't be all worried about you. Enjoy your multicultural, all male shower.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216113 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy who wanted to launch a business in "Rapture Insurance".
You pay him an annual premium, and he contractually agrees to take and care for your pets if you are raptured away.
I bet there would be takers.
I would like to get in on it, and offer to provide for the sexual needs of wives left behind.
Somebody has to do it.
Some of those wives aren't sponge worthy.

Just sayin.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216114 Mar 2, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Ever hear of radical Islam? 9/11 ring a bell?
Yes.

Yes.

That was easy.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216115 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Nobody knew what was in it.
Not one living person on the planet knew all the provisions of the bill.
And the bill, as huge as it is, is dwarfed by the administrative regulations drafted, and continuing to be drafted, to operate the provisions of it.
The expansion of power at the federal administrative level is huge - you know - the people we don't get to vote for or against - like at the IRS - you know - the agency that inquired about the content of prayers said by certain 501C3 groups.
Spot on.

The ACA is a disaster. Let's just hope the republicans can muster up a worthy POTUS candidate.

The last thing we need is a Hillary in office.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216116 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Never assume River knows something.
She can do the one-legged doggie paddle.

Gotta give er credit for sumpin.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#216117 Mar 2, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should consider the degrees of "no". Obama has actually tried very hard on a number of issues to find a compromise with the Repubs. The only answer he has gotten has been NO.
Now admittedly, there are some things the Dems are not willing to compromise on, but it certainly isn't every...single...issue.(Or near enough to every single issue.)
And I consider it a bad thing "Thats how these games work now-a-days". But "compromise" has become a filthy word in the Repub lexicon.
And ACA was modeled after Mitt Romney's Massachusetts health care plan. It is also very similar to the Repubs' counter proposal to Clinton's health care plan. So, yes, it was a Repub plan initially.
More bull shit.

Mitt Romney slapped that lie down Obama's throat in the televised debate. You remember? The debate where Obama looked like he wanted to cry and run off stage?

RomneyCare was 70 pages. No employer penalty. Contained no new tax. Bipartisan consensus between democrats and republicans in the legislature. Affected one state, allowing all states to work differently, whereas Obama care is one-size-fits-all.

Obamacare built in $500 billion in new taxes. Entirely partisan - not one republican amendment was allowed, not one republican vote was attained, and still required bribing democrats in certain states - "The Cornhusker Kickback"; "The Louisiana Purchase"; Bonuses of over $2 billion dollars were put in for Democratic senators from NE, VT, MA, MI, CT, MT, SD, ND, and HI.

You need to hit "Refresh" on you liberal lies, Stepped In Dog Shit.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#216119 Mar 2, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of radical Islam?
9/11 ring a bell?
Yeah. The Christians warned us about them.

The liberals frowned on that, wanted to get along.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216120 Mar 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
ALL humanist regimes are corrupt and authoritarian. Which Christian theocracy are you referring to?
<quoted text>
Your value to this thread is limited to the example you make of the damage faith does.
It's much more personal than that. And your response is a perfect example.

I expose the 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

You expose the moral deprivation and cowardice of atheism.

Location hidden

#216121 Mar 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
We are a Republic.
<quoted text>
Did you have a point?
Christianity is dictatorship, and Jehovah is its dictator, with his earthly representatives more than happy to tell you what he wants. Democracy is alien to the bible.
Yes, America is a republic, not democracy.

Christians are to exist in any country as a moral republican.

The 'rational humanist' oxymoron promotes democracy if it agrees with their position.

The difference between the American and French revolutions.

Smile.

Location hidden

#216122 Mar 2, 2014
The most basic fundamental of Christianity is submission and obedience. Christian doctrine loathes free will, which it repeatedly warns us must be defeated or else. Choice? Your god doesn't make suggestions. He issues commandments, and you are ordered to obey them. There are no appeals to its judgment, and no hope of mercy if found guilty..

KiMare wrote:
Be specific. Where does the New Testament say that?SMile.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Between where it says that there was original sin and that there will be a rapture.
Ah, and there it is again, the 'rational humanist' oxymoron response.

Damn, I'm embarrassed for you.

Smirk.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#216123 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see me forecast any kind of victory? No.
Do you have a question about something I DID say?
Yes, the tea party view is the majority view on most issues. The leap from there to political victory is a wide one, particularly in light of how democrats and their PR wing called "the news media" lie their asses off to portray the tea party as the Boogie-Man.
Remember the "report" of them spitting on the black congressman?
Remember the "report" of them holding the Confederate flag at the WWII memorial Obama closed down?
Both lies.
By the way, you might not want to mention, specifically, "Tea Party". Unless you want your federal tax returns audited.
People who are willfully paranoid annoy me.

So stop it.

If you feel persecuted, watch Faux News for a while.

And don't forget to vote.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#216124 Mar 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by government mandate.
Driving in L.A. is mandated by a higher authority.

Some sort of god I think.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216125 Mar 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
People who are willfully paranoid annoy me. So stop it. If you feel persecuted, watch Faux News for a while. And don't forget to vote.
There's that good ole Topix Atheist! empathy y'all talk about. Such kindness in the humanism liberal...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#216126 Mar 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Driving in L.A. is mandated by a higher authority. Some sort of god I think.
What is the punishment for not driving in LA? Can you get jail time? A fine? No? Then shut thefuck up and don't compare it to Obamacare.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#216127 Mar 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on.
The ACA is a disaster. Let's just hope the republicans can muster up a worthy POTUS candidate.
The last thing we need is a Hillary in office.
it would be a step down from the great man you now have.

but

certainly where the safe money is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,704,482
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min cpeter1313 330,134
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 min Into The Night 12,198
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,538
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,803
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web