Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 10,285)

Showing posts 205,681 - 205,700 of223,142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>... Even the most honest of Christian apologists attribute their authorship to "tradition", which in scholarly terms, is synonymous with "legend".....
You are too kind. It is called 1700 years of bullsh!t.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You may have been out of the loop, but you got the overview spot-on.
Politicians of all stripes have been marching out healthcare reform in every election cycle since at least Nixon. Then, after every election, it was set back on the campaign shelf. Finally a politician was willing to fight for it, although his follow-thru left something to be desired.
The original proposal included some kind of universal coverage, marginally subsidized. On it went to committee for "reconciliation". Every single item in dispute today, inc. the individual mandate, were conservative conceptions. The result was the mongrel we have today, which in one sense, is the hallmark of democracy, you might say - mongrel legislation that no one likes. Interestingly enough, no sooner did it leave committee but conservatives fought against it. It was almost like it was staged, yaknow?
Did you ever notice that when people talk about losing jobs overseas because "those people" work for less than fat, lazy American workers, they rarely mention that "those people" very often enjoy universal healthcare?
You cannot blame conservatives in any way for this trainwreck reform.

It was passed without one republican vote in either house, and still required bribing of democrats in conservative states with kickbacks, and then still required breaking the rules to allow it through the Senate under reconciliation, then still required a Supreme Court Chief Justice to lie about it being constitutional, so much so that the swing-vote, Kennedy, openly ridiculed him.

Nope. This new unconstitutional, job-killing welfare entitlement is a liberal democrat baby. Hope they choke on it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote: I've been reading responses to his posts.
I only catch a few smiles and smirks from him/her as I scroll past.
We need some new theists. The ones that haven't retreated into the closet yet are the ones who aren't bright enough to know better.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've been reading responses to his posts."
Now that's a rational evaluation for an atheist... Smirk.
For someone who's never engaged me, who appointed you to judge?
A coward and an idiot. Join the troll hate and bully brigade in the ditch.
Smile.
Smirk
Smile
Bazinga

.. I've been asking myself why you always end your posts with degrading adieus even when you haven't been insulted or belittled ..

.. do you realize how aggressive that is? Do you think everyone who disagrees with you is a dishonest reprobate and deserves such treatment? Does it make you feel better about yourself ??..

.. for me, it's your way of looking down on people to elevate your position and prove your superiority. Prove me wrong ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_comp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Crusades, The Inquisition, The Holocaust.
Isn't tens of millions of innocents murdered at Christianity's hands enough for you ?
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.

--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.

--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
[QUOTE] And you speak of selectivity? If anything, Israel testifies to >Hebrew prophecy<, which, if it were truly a "prophecy", invalidates the Christian usurper which subverts and perverts Hebrew scripture at every turn.
It is you who distorts Hebrew prophecy, not me.
In more practical terms, Israel testifies to the enduring persistence of a people in the face of 2 millennium of cultural larceny and genocidal persecution by Christianity. If we were looking for a god's provenance, I'd say the Jews trump Christianity by several million martyrs.
Well it is no big deal according to you. Look at what you wrote above. Reprinted below. Lets not talk about genocide or slavery as far as non Hebrews are concerned since the history of Israel is full of examples. One of my favorite examples is good ole Solomon. According to 2 Chr. 2:17-18 there was 153,600 non Hebrew slaves. 70,000 carried loads, 80,000 quarried stones and 3600 supervisors. Solomon used whips according to his son Rehoboam.

The rebirth of a nation in it's former place is nothing whatever new in the annals of history. The Eurasian continent is rife with nations come and gone and back again, with legends told in their eclipse of the mighty day in which they will again become a nation. How many examples do the historically illiterate require? Will it matter?
I appreciate your frustration, which is evident when respondents resort to dismissive surrenders like yours above, but in other words, you know of no prophecy either that is self-evident to believer and unbeliever alike?
You pretend you know what you are talking about but your knowledge is superficial at best on the subject. You come out with all this contrived outrage but that only goes so far. The ancients knew who wrote the Gospels for example and wrote about it but once again it is some modern scholars who seek to cloud the issue. Once again we are expected to believe the moderns know more than the ancients who were far closer to the events at hand. Once again we are expected to ignore all the times the moderns were proven wrong.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiders !!!!
Now we're talking.
I have one on my shoulder, wait, on my arm.
I try to keep them in my hair but they seem to have a mind of their own.
http://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/photo/2...

Since: Feb 14

Koronadal, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

I am looking for a MAN that will love me for me as much as I will love him for him. I would like to find a person that is honest, loyal and trustworthy, enthusiastic, energetic, open minded, and not afraid to communicate with me when there are things that need to be talked about. I believe in communication, honesty, trust and respect are very important in any relationship. I am a very romantic, affectionate, sensuous and very passionate woman. I would never make you feel unappreciated. I always cherish the man that I am with, nor would I take you for granted. I will always be willing to compromise, and treat my partner with the respect HE deserves...

FACEBOOK PAGE---> nora lawsonoo
skype----> overnightlove69

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Crusades, The Inquisition, The Holocaust.
Isn't tens of millions of innocents murdered at Christianity's hands enough for you ?

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Yeah it is all a sham according to you and the rebirth of Israel at the same spot is
Yep.

"Christian Zionism is a belief among some Christians that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, and the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, is in accordance with Biblical prophecy. The term Christian Zionism was popularized in the mid-twentieth century, following the coining of the term "Zionism" in 1890. Prior to that time the common term was Restorationism(...)Christian advocacy of the restoration of the Jews arose following the Protestant Reformation[1517CE].

Some Christian Zionists believe that the "ingathering" of Jews in Israel is a prerequisite for the Second Coming of Jesus. This belief is primarily, though not exclusively, associated with Christian Dispensationalism.

The idea that Christians should actively support a Jewish return to the Land of Israel, along with the parallel idea that the Jews ought to be encouraged to become Christian, as a means fulfilling a Biblical prophecy has been common in Protestant circles since the Reformation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_of_t...

Nov. 10, 1945, President Truman, in a meeting with American diplomats from the Middle East, urging Truman to not succumb to Zionists plea's that Israel be made a nation/state within the Middle East, stated:

"I'm sorry, gentlemen, but I have to answer to hundreds of thousands who are anxious for the success of Zionism: I do not have hundreds of thousands of Arabs among my constituents."

Go here http://tinyurl.com/kxjwung and source the quote yourself. Google lists around 945,000.

I think the craziest thing about you and other Christians asserting such vague prophecies as - "Israel being restored" - being fulfilled, is that you will then turn around and point to the failed prophecy the Jesus! made in Matt 24 >> as not failed, "it just hasn't been fulfilled ...yet", or claim the Jesus - did - meet the prophetic Messianic requirements of Judaism - the Jesus! character didn't, btw.

You'll jump through linguistic hoops, twist and massage non applicable verses and undergo all sorts of mental sleight of hand in interpretation, in order to try and make it all seem legitimate, but if someone points to anything the bible purports and clearly show that it just didn't happen the way it was prophesied to happen...

\~It's them - not you - that's not being realistic~/.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are not looking for anything, let alone the truth of the matter. Like most unbelievers you have your head buried where the sun does not shine. Blind in biblical language.
See?

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Christianity is laughable.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

nora69 wrote:
I am looking for a MAN that will love me for me as much as I will love him for him. I would like to find a person that is honest, loyal and trustworthy, enthusiastic, energetic, open minded, and not afraid to communicate with me when there are things that need to be talked about. I believe in communication, honesty, trust and respect are very important in any relationship. I am a very romantic, affectionate, sensuous and very passionate woman. I would never make you feel unappreciated. I always cherish the man that I am with, nor would I take you for granted. I will always be willing to compromise, and treat my partner with the respect HE deserves...
FACEBOOK PAGE---> nora lawsonoo
skype----> overnightlove69
KiMare?

WAIT... Never mind.

You've already admitted to lying to your close friends, and I'm pretty sure this woman doesn't want that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems to be your stock rebuttal.
<quoted text>
Some people predicted that AIDS would be gone by now, too. So what? Literal viruses and memetic viruses can be difficult to eradicate from a culture
True. You can still find believers of global warming.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,...but you get to drink wine at communion.
Don't forget the edible poker chips...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

River Tam wrote:
RR said he doesn't go to the churches.
He's a Free Christian
He's a Merican Christian
We don't need no stinkin subsidies.
I do enjoy the free nachos they give out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

scaritual wrote:
And by the same token, since religion is said to be free, and a simple belief, why do taxpayers have to subsidize it by giving it tax exempt status?
Because they're the only places that give out free nachos.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

There's no such thing as an "accidental pregnancy" when the two people aren't using contraceptives, just like there's no such thing as accidentally contracting an STD when found the same.
Tide with Beach wrote:
There is a such thing as an accidental pregnancy. It's when you get pregnant unintentionally. If you get an STD unintentionally, that's an accident too. Accidents are unintentional effects. Pregnancies are often happy accidents.
I think you made this error accidentally.
Hmmm...

"OOPS! Sorry, somehow my sperm just happened to land in your vagina. Dunno how that happened..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
IANS: "You should throw out your bible, preferably after burning it."
<quoted text>
Even though he says to burn it before throwing it out, I don't think he's saying that you should burn it inside without proper ventilation.
Safety first.
<scroll>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:

"Christian psychologists are not objective."
I know you'd label that statement as a 'fact', but an objective person would label it as bigotry.
Good point.

Imagine the Topix Atheist! crap I'd get if I said "Gay psychologists are not objective."

Oh boy...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:

Nope. A vow is words announcing a choice.
Please explain that to Tam.

I can't convince her that a vow doesn't require a signature....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Have you pooped yet?
Hope everything comes out ok.

;)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot blame conservatives in any way for this trainwreck reform.
Just like they can't blame conservatives for the train wreck which is Detroit. Although they still try.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 205,681 - 205,700 of223,142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min TheIndependentMajority 1,072,311
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Forum 304,912
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston 1 hr a onlooker 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,612
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 23 hr Sophia 7
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••