Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247230 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#213960 Feb 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your faith has had a horrible effect on you. We all have a duty to object to your church generating people that think like that, and to do whatever we can to mitigate the church's influence.
Incidentally, in the UK, they refused to let a zealous, homophobic Christian couple to foster any more children.
"British court says Christian couple can't be foster parents due to beliefs"
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/britis...
The church has long enjoyed the assistance of governments in enforcing its values. Now it seems that government will increasingly be used to enforce humanist values, which do not include Christian homophobia. I'm sure that you feel imposed upon.
Well no surprise there. Seems the loons are in charge of the nut house in the UK. Referencing a Catholic website? That is interesting since you rant against other doing it. Given your jaundiced view of Christians in general along with your browbeating and name calling, I question whether any of that is truly humanist, at least I hope not. Recently you have been getting your behind kicked with some excellent responses to your posts. It must be frustrating for you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#213961 Feb 22, 2014

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#213962 Feb 22, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
Atheists are dumb asses with nothing to do in life but belch out there vile disgusting , foaming at the mouth, HATE.
We all aspire to the Christian example of love that you set.

More of the bungled and botched from Jesus Inc.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#213963 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll concession.
Good, maybe next time you'll actually think before you proffer magical theistic claims with biased evidences that are only convincing to another theist of your ilk.

It's nice to see you admit to being a troll, too.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213964 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
We all aspire to the Christian example of love that you set.
More of the bungled and botched from Jesus Inc.
Meanwhile, a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian has sunk the knife of reality to hilt into the belly of atheistic denial and twisted it with a smirk.

Smile.

Location hidden

#213965 Feb 22, 2014
"MANY clever men like you have trusted to civilization. Many clever Babylonians, many clever Egyptians, many clever men at the end of Rome. Can you tell me, in a world that is flagrant with the failures of civilisation, what there is particularly immortal about yours?"

~G.K. Chesterton:'The Napoleon of Notting Hill.'

SMirk.
OG Kush

Orlando, FL

#213966 Feb 22, 2014
“Imagine there's no heaven; it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today ...
Imagine there's no countries; it isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace....”
~John Lennon (Imagine)

“The man hates superstition but he believes in God.
I think that's inconsistent, I think that's really odd.
When you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer.
Superstition ain't the way.”
~Stevie Wonder (Superstition)

“The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, we should worship the Romans.”~Earle Jones

“Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe.”~Isaac Asimov

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours.”~Stephen F. Roberts

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213967 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
"MANY clever men like you have trusted to civilization. Many clever Babylonians, many clever Egyptians, many clever men at the end of Rome. Can you tell me, in a world that is flagrant with the failures of civilisation, what there is particularly immortal about yours?"
~G.K. Chesterton:'The Napoleon of Notting Hill.'
Common to all civilizations, although not immortal - delusional theists.
KiMare wrote:
SMirk.
You said you were old, was that a shart?

Here.
http://www.qualityhomecareproducts.com/wp-con...

Don't worry, my great Uncle had to use them too.

Maybe you should pray?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213968 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
And there you have it folks.
A near senile old jackass completely exposes the atheistic facade of reason and relegated the bunch to a bumbling, mumbling, whining pile of sissies.
Smirk.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Fennario

#213969 Feb 22, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
People are physically human and psychologically dogs and cats. If they are physically hetero then that would take precedent over psychological.
What do you do for a living?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213970 Feb 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
lol

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#213971 Feb 22, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m just wondering why you would even ask that question if you were a Christian for 40 years. Here is just one of many prophecies that was fulfilled.
You said you were a Christian for 40 years. Why do I have to teach a former Christian?
Just one of many.
Old Testament Prophecy:
“Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign, Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel–God with us (Isaiah 7:14).
Fulfillment:
“Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place under these circumstances: When His mother Mary had been promised in marriage to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be pregnant (through the power) of the Holy Spirit”(Matthew 1:18).
You had to go to the easiest one to refute first? The deficiencies could fill pages for the day - the Christian mistranslation of "almah", the incongruity of an alleged "prophecy" couched in a larger narrative having nothing to do with the alleged "fulfillment", the obvious ability of the 1st century author to craft any old story he wants from "prophecy", the fact that no one at any time ever called Jesus "Immanu-El", the fact that there's nothing whatever unusual in OT times for a child's name to include some derivative of the deistic "El" - the list goes on and on.

I challenge anyone without a preconceived bias to read the entire narrative in Isaiah 7-9 and see where a Jesuine prophecy "pops out". It falls apart on it's face.

Interesting sidenote - on the CARM webpage, if one goes to this question, you will find a user discussion in the "Comments" where the apologist moderator finally concedes that it is a "difficult" one on it's own, and relevant only in the total body of prophecy. In other words, a typical apologist cop-out.

If this is your lead-in, we can only imagine what Sunday School level "proofs" you'll disgorge next.

Fennario

#213972 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Ss marriage is a mating behavior oxymoron. Then why are they trying to impose an imposter religion on marriage and family?
More than a few of us are confused by your preoccupation with mating. Panty sniffing is as unbecoming in you as it is in your god.

Fewer and fewer people care what you dinosaurs think any more. As time passes and your numbers, credibility and social clout wane, you become increasingly marginalized and disregarded. You now appear ridiculous.
KiMare wrote:
And there you have it folks. A near senile old jackass completely exposes the atheistic facade of reason and relegated the bunch to a bumbling, mumbling, whining pile of sissies. Smirk.
Yeah, just like that.

“The future begins”

every moment

#213973 Feb 22, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the fifth century B.C. a prophet named Zechariah declared that the Messiah would be betrayed for the price of a slave—thirty pieces of silver, according to Jewish law-and also that this money would be used to buy a burial ground for Jerusalem's poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13). Bible writers and secular historians both record thirty pieces of silver as the sum paid to Judas Iscariot for betraying Jesus, and they indicate that the money went to purchase a "potter's field," used—just as predicted—for the burial of poor aliens (Matthew 27:3-10). www.reasons.org
LOL! I see you completely avoided "explaining" why the anonymous author of Matthew attributes this to Jeremiah, NOT Zechariah. Simple error? Well, so much for the "inerrant Word of God", hmmm?

I'd sure like to know what "secular historians" acknowledge the Jesus betrayal story as historical fact? Lacking that, what we have is yet another author combing Hebrew scripture for disparate words excised from context and woven into their false Messiah narrative.

“The future begins”

every moment

#213974 Feb 22, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah's death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion (Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10). Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead. www.reasons.org
NO where in Hebrew prophecy will you find their belief that God can be a man, much less be killed. This is one of the most blasphemous notions in all Christendom as far as a Jew is concerned.

So, what you have is a post-Jesuine author again combing Hebrew scripture to weave into his story and finding "Messianic prophecy" that even the Jewish author(s) didn't know was there. Amazing.

I get it - you're just going to spam cut & paste from an apologist website, which contains no attributions? In other words, you have not independently studied the material, namely your Bible.

Fail. Anyone else actually read their Bible? One unequivocal prophecy that requires no "Spirit" interpretation or indoctrination to believe - that's all I ask.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#213975 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, ss couples can never measure up to marriage let alone be equal.

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there it is folks !!..
.. homosexuals are not the equal of heterosexuals ..
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Um, honey, never said that.
In fact, many homosexuals marry. It's always been legal.
Determined to be a victim?
Smile.
.. careful. When a person thinks they have found the perfect victim, they sometimes become the prey ..

Location hidden

#213976 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
More than a few of us are confused by your preoccupation with mating.
No, thank goodness there are only a few of you so arrogantly stupid to not know that mating behavior is one of the strongest animal instincts, not to mention your claim that science has nothing to do with marriage. Your silly, gay attempt to divert by trying to be clever is only further exposing your idiocy. You just keep digging the hole deeper.

Your whole post reverted once again to angry rants about God and bully trolling. I suspect you are a bitter, angry gay. Do you understand your focus on God undermines your claim of atheism???

Smile.

Location hidden

#213977 Feb 22, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there it is folks !!..
.. homosexuals are not the equal of heterosexuals ..
<quoted text>
.. careful. When a person thinks they have found the perfect victim, they sometimes become the prey ..
That's the lesbian in me you are attracted to.

Smirk.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#213978 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with stupidity...
What an idiotic claim. Science is the understanding of all things.
The opinion of social science about marriage is this: At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
What childish reasoning, how old are you??? Why are you asserting things you clearly know nothing about? Evolution gives us genetic mutations, some good and some not.
I am a perfect example of that fact. A genetic chimera (hence my name), and a hermaphrodite. Scientists have been unable to provide any explanation for homosexuality, leaving it a defect of mating behavior. The best theory to date is a epi-genetic marker MISTAKE.
Here is another question you will be unable to answer:
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man TO ATTRACT ANOTHER LESBIAN???
One more question:
Why don't you concede like a man when you lose?
Smile.
Hush, tard.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#213979 Feb 22, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush, tard.
I tried to warn everyone that engaging KiMare was a mistake...he's completely unhinged.

If you ignore him, he will most likely go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,274,600
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 59 min Jeffery Bodefus 310,473
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,804
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,908
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web