Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257159 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213297 Feb 19, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen a religious billboard with a message like this?
"With faith, anything is possible."
How intellectually constipated do you have to be to think that's a good thing?
Indeed.

You literally have to ignore all of reality itself, to be so mentally bankrupt.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#213298 Feb 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is not a medical mystery.
It's God's wrath on the sexual deviant and immoral.
There is only one cure for it; be sexually moral.
You'll never even worry about contracting it or any other STD.
This is a repulsive post and a horrible way to speak. Have you ever watched someone die from AIDS? A straight person? A child?
You are scum.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#213300 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a repulsive post and a horrible way to speak. Have you ever watched someone die from AIDS? A straight person? A child?
You are scum.
The Redneck indeed is a disgrace to humankind.

And he's a wiseass about it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213301 Feb 19, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yes-- that must really grate on their nerves, that they can no longer burn "witches" at the stake, or impale heretics.

So they sling feces instead.

It's kinda sad to witness, really-- the level of cognitive dissonance required to maintain such a warped view of reality.
Yeah it's sad, it's also very useful, if they're not going to wake up, the least they can do is provide marvellous examples.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#213304 Feb 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
We didn't cuddle so it doesn't count.
lol

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#213305 Feb 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck indeed is a disgrace to humankind.
And he's a wiseass about it.
.. do you know if SIX likes scarves ??..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213306 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>This is a repulsive post and a horrible way to speak. Have you ever watched someone die from AIDS? A straight person? A child?
You are scum.
That's the riversideretard for you.
OG Kush

United States

#213307 Feb 19, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you played the trumpet at all given you can't tell the difference between a triplet and four sixteenth notes. I'm sure your "musical expertise" could give me the fingerings for a Db lydian b7 scale starting on the Db above middle C, and you could also tell me the lowest possible fingered note on the trumpet, in concert and without using pedal tones, yeah I'm sure you could.
Yes, what would be the point since you have no passion for music. As you pointed out, you are a marketing and sales person, not a dedicated musician.
I never said I abhorred the use of electronics in music, the conversation was about using electronics to create music. Are you that desperate to make your point that you feel the need to not only twist my words but accuse me of a position I never had?
I guess you need to get out more, I can go and listen to many performances where there are NO electronic instruments, its call ACOUSTIC MUSIC. You know, horns, bass, piano, drums, maybe even like the band I play with on Sundays afternoons, to a packed house by the way, its a Big Band, all ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTS, not one electronic instrument on stage, not even a solo mic, as dedicated instrumentalists we pride ourselves on being able to project our sounds without artificial means. I can listen to live music every night of the week and never see an electronic instrument. The most I'll see is a vocalist singing into a mic and an electric guitar, and not a guitar hooked to a syth.
I'm sure most people who "dabble" in music would prefer an electronic piano over an acoustic one, the myriad of different sounds is intriguing I'm sure, and the'll sped all that time playing with the different sounds and forget all about technique, and more important about music.
I point to the movie industries over use of your beloved technology were computer graphics make anything visually possible, to the point that you feel like you're watching an animated movie. In doing so, you have robed the individual of his/her, imagination, thats why reading is so much more rewarding that watching the same story on the screen. When you read, your imagination conjures up the images, each person will be slightly different. I'm sure you have no idea what I'm speaking of since you have abandoned creativity and replaced it with a machine that does all your thinking for you pity.
Yes, I'm sure you could send me a "sample" of Arturo and Basie, but I'd much prefer to hear the real thing, who wouldn't? Oh, I guess that would be you!!
My sight reading and composing/arranging skill speak for themselves, they have served me well and allowed me to not only be involved in a highly creative environment, but live very comfortably, the best of both worlds as they say.
Yes, I embrace the new and reminisce the old - you prefer to live in the old and not embrace the new.

To each his own.

Sell that 8 track!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#213308 Feb 19, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Indeed.
You literally have to ignore all of reality itself, to be so mentally bankrupt.
Faith is the disease that hides the cure from its victims.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#213309 Feb 19, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask.
But, no can't stand em. Don't think they're functional or cute. Why are you interested to know?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#213310 Feb 19, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You and almost every other theist believes what they believe by faith. You and Snake Boy have a faith based belief about what the Bible says.
The Topix Atheists! don't have such faith based beliefs.
You are arguing, as is typical for a faith based believer, that your version is correct, while another is incorrect, with no justification greater than that of your opposition. You both believe by faith.
What does that tell you about faith?
*<Ar aR> "... UM..uhhh ... Sometimes Christians feel like a snake, sometimes they don't?...... PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY AND JESUS TOO! IT CAN BE ANYTHING WE WANT IT TO BE....! "

Message to Ar aR: From now on, I will be typing your name as such: Ar aR

You are welcome to emulate me in this respect as well. BTW, I'm flattered in advance. You're almost like my 6th younger sibling. Okay, but they have the ability to utilize logic and reason and quit the emulation thing around ten(10) years old. So you'd be like an infant 6th sibling.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#213311 Feb 19, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I think I like her already.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213312 Feb 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's talking about a pedophilic priesthood desecrating children.
True. The priesthood seems perfectly willing to support pedophile priests.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#213313 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are scum.
Yep.

That's Ar aR.

#213314 Feb 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is not a medical mystery.
It's God's wrath on the sexual deviant and immoral.
There is only one cure for it; be sexually moral.
You'll never even worry about contracting it or any other STD.
"It's God's wrath on the sexual deviant and immoral."

Then explain why it is a problem with newborns. Is your God punishing them for their immorality and deviance?

And why do people get it through transfusions? Isn't the fact they need transfusions bad enough without your God inflicting them with AIDS as well.

You are a doofus.

#213315 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are scum.
Welcome to Riverside Redneck, a sterling example of Christianity.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#213316 Feb 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck indeed is a disgrace to humankind.(...)
Agreed, and there's this...

I'm sure his employer is relieved - that Ar aR was able to keep up his average of 75 posts per day, even with vacations and days off~/.

That's an average of 1 post every 6.4 minutes during an eight - 8 - hour day.

Ar Ar claimed at one time he - only - posted from where he worked at, and that he didn't even have internet at his home.

If he works 5 days a week, that average post per day count goes up to 104, which works out to one - 1 - post every 4.6 minutes.

To be fair, I went ahead and averaged his posts across all days that have been available to post, based upon 24 hour days, and his join date(no gray box numbers). He clocks in at an average of:

Roughly 3 posts, every hour of every day, for the past 20 months. Or, 1 post every 20 minutes for about the last 1.75 years.

Ar aR spends more time on Topix than on his deity.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213317 Feb 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>*<Ar aR> "... UM..uhhh ... Sometimes Christians feel like a snake, sometimes they don't?...... PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY AND JESUS TOO! IT CAN BE ANYTHING WE WANT IT TO BE....! "

Message to Ar aR: From now on, I will be typing your name as such: Ar aR

You are welcome to emulate me in this respect as well. BTW, I'm flattered in advance. You're almost like my 6th younger sibling. Okay, but they have the ability to utilize logic and reason and quit the emulation thing around ten(10) years old. So you'd be like an infant 6th sibling.
Lol.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#213318 Feb 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
I first started typing his name as , "Ar Ar", so when he saw >RR< in a post, he wouldn't get confused and think someone was referencing the Rail Road, commonly abbreviated as: RR

I know that ((:word jumbles:)) can be a problem for Ar aR.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#213319 Feb 19, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The source does not matter if the information is correct. I don't know what you hope to accomplish by attacking the source and seeking to marginalize. Classified by who as a hate group? Pro homosexual groups regularly refer to dissenters as haters homophobes etc. In other words they name call. Resort to smear because they cannot defend nor promote their position through logical argument or even hard science.
You know it's a biased source, so the information is never going to be anything but biased, only propaganda.

Nice try playing the victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,433,994
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 10,136
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr zach 311,926
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,407
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web