Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213170 Feb 18, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Two girls kissing is an lesbian act, yes they were faking it.
Who knows? I do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =T3No8Oy3438XX
And does it matter if they were acting or not?

So long as they enjoyed it, who cares?

It's none of anyone's business, regardless.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#213171 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A lesbian act doesn't instantly turn a woman into a lesbian.
If she's acting, especially for money, she's not a lesbian at all.
If she kisses or has kissed men also, she's not a lesbian.
Hey, I got to thinking.

It would be quite an irony if, the next time you commit a crime, a black judge gets your case.

I'll bet you'll refrain from calling him a monkey, in order to save your ass.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#213172 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have fooled me...you look just like a lesbian...lol

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#213173 Feb 18, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And does it matter if they were acting or not?
So long as they enjoyed it, who cares?
It's none of anyone's business, regardless.
Unless you're a lesbian slaVE trader.
I think you will not be worth much on the market!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#213174 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>Women beaters, just like child predators and pedophiles, are proof enough to me, that there cannot possibly be a god who gives a ratfuck about people.

Any god who permits such things to happen?

Is not deserving of respect-- let alone worship or other things.

Such a god--if exists-- should be hunted down and destroyed.
I like debunking pedophiles as well, including christian ones.

People need to know that christianity is a vile disease upon humanity.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#213175 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So just because you blew andet for money,,,it don't make you gay huh? Mnmm Kay red nick.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#213176 Feb 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Nice.
Thanks.

If you recall, it was during a conversation about a post I'd made - a while back - along the same lines in which you coined "Mytheology" as an apt description.

Over time I've written and expanded(my personal musings) about the concept in more depth and that's a version that fit in this instance.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213177 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I do kind of pity your poor students.
It's appalling how willingly you shortchange them in the world of electronic music education.
I doubt you would reject medical advancements
Especially when the robotics replaced human parts.
Apparently you prefer to ignore these advances stick with the old take two aspirin call me in the morning attitude.
The imagined "purity "of the old way is better than the robotics.
Wow! Just wow
In a musical world of black tuxedoes you remain a pair of brown shoes.
I believe this is a trumpet song you might be familiar with especially if you know how to triple tongue, which I found the Tot tic Ka rather simple to master myself how about you?
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Still I admire your musical enthusiasm.
My student think I'm pretty wonderful and understand the problems with composing without humanity. As composers and performers, many on acoustical instruments, they understand the robotic and emotionless results of electronic music, and how writing on a computer diminishes their ability to internalize their music. Unless they are gong into the Music and Production end of the business they don't need to know anything about electronic music.

Medical advancements are wonderful and I fully support them, but we are not talking about an art form now are we? How foolish of you to try and equate medical advances with a human art form, a form that relies solely on individual creativity.

Even in the medical field some people would rather have an older experienced surgeon performing an operation manually than some young doctor using a joystick to perform robotic surgery.

Once again you're being extremely dishonest and just a bit desperate by accusing me of shunning medical advancements when that has never entered our conversation. You paint my opinion of electronic music with a broad brush that includes all technological advancements, it doesn't. I think we live in a wonderful age of technology, but as with any tool, we must guard against these tools infringing on our humanity. In my opinion, based on a lifetime of creative endeavors, I think electronic music, taken to the extreme, and you promote, infringes on our sense of humanity in music.

I have performed buglers holiday many times, as recently as last fall, it's not all that difficult and to say you have mastered the tonguing involved means you must play the trumpet, is that so? BTW

its not Tot tic Ka, were the hell did you get that, and it's NOT triple tonguing as the melody is a group of 4 sixteenth notes ta ca ta ca. so much for your knowledge of music, you can't even recognize the difference between a triplet and 4 note pattern.

You continue to demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge on just about any music subject. I think you once mentioned something about your expertise in music..........Really now!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213178 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that's enough.
umm...
Noah's flood really happened.
And the troll that lived under the bridge really did get his ass handed to him by the billy goats gruff.

Did you know that pixie dust is real? Lets you not only defy gravity, but fly into outer space completely unprotected.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213179 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Women beaters, just like child predators and pedophiles, are proof enough to me, that there cannot possibly be a god who gives a ratfuck about people.
Any god who permits such things to happen?
Is not deserving of respect-- let alone worship or other things.
Such a god--if exists-- should be hunted down and destroyed.
If a kind, loving, just and compassionate God exited, no child would ever die from cancer. Nor would thousand each and every day die a horrible death from starvation.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#213180 Feb 18, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So just because you blew andet for money,,,it don't make you gay huh? Mnmm Kay red nick.
he he he :) RR is a straight guy and married. He respects God, and he respects himself and his family. He will always be faithful to his wife and family. and he will forever be straight.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#213181 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If a kind, loving, just and compassionate God exited, no child would ever die from cancer. Nor would thousand each and every day die a horrible death from starvation.
and if no one dies, where are you going to find a space to live ? where are you going to find your next meal ? someone has to die to make the world a better place to live. death is not bad at all. it only means, that we have to balance the world population in accordance with earth's capacity to feed and maintain it inhabitants.

stop blaming God if someone dies. death is natural.

suppose nobody dies. the world will be over populated. there will be chaos, people fighting for food, space to live, etc.

be open minded Blacklagoon. be peaceful with God and nature. ok ?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#213182 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and if no one dies, where are you going to find a space to live ? where are you going to find your next meal ? someone has to die to make the world a better place to live. death is not bad at all. it only means, that we have to balance the world population in accordance with earth's capacity to feed and maintain it inhabitants.
suppose nobody dies. the world will be over populated. there will be chaos, people fighting for food, space to live, etc.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#213183 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he he :) RR is a straight guy and married. He respects God, and he respects himself and his family. He will always be faithful to his wife and family. and he will forever be straight.
Ugh huh, Whatever you say Miss Marie Antoinette Lilly.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213184 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dying is one thing, gratuitous suffering especially of young children is quite another.

See anymore dry spots on the ground?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#213185 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You took those quotes as "advocating of killing"? In what context, I wonder.
Well, you not liking him gives me even more motivation to read all his books, we can discuss your superior reading and comprehension skills once I've done so.
Cheers Bucky duck.
There really is no such thing as bad publicity.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#213186 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you offended again? How about if I help validate that claim. I don't see much difference between the religions, either.
Both religions embrace magic, mythology, superstition, dogma, the supernatural, and ritual.
Both require worship and submission.
They're both patriarchal, authoritarian, misogynistic, sexually repressive, anhedonisitic, atheophobic, homophobic, antisemitic, antiscientiific, use psychological terrorism on their children, and have violent histories including genocides and terrorism.
Each has an ancient authoritarian holy book filled with hatred, tribalism, violence, and failed morals that endorse slavery, rape, infanticide, and incest.
Each features a Semitic desert god that is an angry, petty, vengeful, jealous, judgmental, capricious, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, malevolent, panty sniffing bully.
Both religions believe in demons, angels, an afterlife and a system of reward and punishment after death.
Believers of both attend temples (Mosques or churches) and obey their paternalistic, misogynisitic clergy.
The similarities are striking. Is a Christian bomber for the IRA or a Christian abortion clinic bomber different than a Muslim suicide bomber - enough to be outraged that we would dare compare them? How are they different apart from the fact that the Muslim sacrifices his own life, while the Christians hide safely at a distance?
The main difference between the two is that Christianity has been subject to centuries of humanisitic influence since the end of the Western Middle Ages, and no longer executes adulterers, for example - the very differences that Christians point to when announcing their superiority to Islam.
Is that enough similarities for you? As best I can tell, Christianity is just a camel and a prayer cloth removed from Islam. I don't see what your objection to the comparison is based on.
Now that was a good essay.

When I read the Quran, what struck me was how many of the stories are similar to the ones in the Bible. Yet the 2 religions have been @ each others' throats, right back from the time of the Crusades...and it goes on.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#213187 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Lightbeamrider, like most of the rest of the church, is not taking the loss of this cultural war well. Their choices are to accept society's changing values with dignity as they have always expected others to do, as when they argue for "Merry Christmas" over "Happy Holidays" on the basis of their numbers, or to become antidemocratic when the majority opinion no longer suits them.
What they fail to see is that people outside of the church don't respect its homophobic attitudes, and that expressing them in this losing effort just accelerates its shrinkage and irrelevancy. I suppose that we should welcome that, but I hate to see it anyway. People like lightbeamrider and Clearwater, who are probably just trying to do the right thing as they have been taught it by those that they trust, have been sent out to do an impossible job that leaves people disrespecting them for it, just like Duckman.
No worries, certainly a lot less than they would like us to have. They just have to get with the times, but I'm not holding my breath.

If they won't question church propaganda, other people certainly will!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#213188 Feb 18, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So you haven't been following the news?
Micheal Sam...University of Missouri football player...All-American...came out as gay.
Kinda blows a hole in your contention that all gays are wimpy effeminate cross-dressers doesn't it.
I can't imagine him walking up to Ian Roberts and saying it to his face, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Roberts_ (rugby_league)
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coming-...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213189 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Such a compassionate worldview...NOT.

And wouldn't your all-powerful, all-knowing God be able to solve these problems...like having just enough babies born to replace the old people dying? Or is he not that all-powerful?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min American Independent 1,549,473
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min Trojan 33,193
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr weaponX 314,719
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web