Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254973 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213036 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
"Animals don't have Gods, they're smarter than that"
True, but they're immoral enough to eat their young.

Is that what the Topix Atheist! aspires for?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213037 Feb 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Or give it two neurons - at least not while he was out of bed or on his feet. His CNS would be spoken for.
Have you seen Honey Boo-Boo and her family?
I like the Robertson's because of their strong Christian and family values.

I've seen Honey Boo-Boo but never watched the show. I watched about 2 minutes of it on YouTube a few weeks ago and had to turn it off. Talk about ridiculous....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213038 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Eagle was correct. Coots died because he was Biblically ignorant.
Do we need to fuss over what kind of ignorant he was? He had great faith, and now he's dead.
Had you read past the first sentence, there'd be no fuss. You'd understand what I meant.
Are you familiar with the Darwin Awards?
Yes. And Coots definitely gets that award, along with every other nincompoop who tests God like he did.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213039 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>She had it comin.

I warned her over and over again to stop biting me. I begged her to stop.

She didn't.

Bitch got bopped on the head.

Then she stopped.

You see, if a woman is man enough to hit, she's man enough to get hit.

Never forget that.
I wonder what would push a woman to bite a lying, misogynist drunk of a man(?), over and over.

I know a thing or two about misogynist lying men who drink a lot.

I didn't bite one I was with though. I learnt to fight in the streets as a tiny teen girl, because I was beaten to a pulp daily, at home, by a grown man, until I was 13 years old.

I learnt Muay Thai, in a gym and had to fight guys because girls couldn't take me, even if they were twice my size.

I had to defend myself from would be rapists.

Two of my boyfriends hit me when I was older. They hit me first and they only got to do it once.

My ex husband backhanded me, years later, so hard my head smashed into the wall, we had a two month old baby at the time and I was recovering from a c-section. He was drunk and I yelled at him because we were having an argument.

I'm verbal, small and non violent but no man gets to hit me more than once, the one I married, was no exception.

There's a great big world outside of your village, with all kinds of people in it.

A man who hits a woman, is not a man at all, not even if he hides behind a "god" that doesn't exist and is protected by a church that harbours pedophiles.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213040 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>In our society, marriage is never deemed necessary. It's a personal choice.

I don't view marriage as a legal contract like you heartless Topix Atheists! do. I view it as a holy and sacred bond between a couple before God, a covenant.

To degrade marriage down to just a "legal contract" is ludicrous to me.
Says the guy who left his wife.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213041 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Here's the Scripture, buddy boy: Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well. Nowhere in there is a commandment to do anything.

Do you see a commandment or do you wanna just continue elementary school insults?
I see a challenge. How strong is your faith? Do you really believe? Do you trust your god and his promises? I don't, but do you? I sure hope not.
Of course I trust God. But I'm wise and learned enough not to test Him. Jesus said not to, so I won't.

That Scripture is not a challenge. The Bible is consistent that God will protect us according to His will. It is also consistent that we should not test God. See Exodus 17:2 and Matthew 4:7.

Apparently, neither you nor Coots ever studied the Bible very much...

1 Corinthians 10:9
"We should not test Christ, as some of them did - and were killed by snakes."

I can understand that you've probably never read that Scripture, but you'd think a supposed minister or pastor would've read that part.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213042 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Never forget that?
You're an idiot.
You'll remember.

I have faith in you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213044 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Says the guy who left his wife.
She broke her vows, her covenant between me and God.

There was nothing left.

Stop presuming. There's more to life and relationships than your one little story.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213045 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong?
You are already dead musically but don't know it!
Out of date out of touch living in the past
I doubt your musical expertise surpasses mine in anyway.
This is the future grandpa...
An immersive virtual musical instrument, or immersive virtual environment for music and sound, represents sound processes and their parameters as 3D entities of a virtual reality so that they can be perceived not only through auditory feedback but also visually in 3D and possibly through tactile as well as haptic feedback, using 3D interface metaphors consisting of interaction techniques such as navigation, selection and manipulation (NSM).
I forgot to ask are you also a virtuoso on the trumpet?
It is painfully obvious you know little of electronics.
You should perhaps tell the people who hire me to perform and compose that I'm" dead" musically, it might save them quite a bit of money, ha ha ha ha.

Yes I suppose everyone who enjoys music by the great classical composers are also "out of touch and living in the past"

Your argument fails on so many levels as to be laughable, you don't even realize that music is an art form, you approach it as technological advancements in electronics which has nothing to do with art.

Such impressive words, or so you think........3D entities of a virtual reality...auditory feedback......hepatic feedback........3D interface metaphors..........Doesn't sound very human to me nor anyone else concerned with music as a human creative process.

Once again the phrase, "Ever see an old diamond" comes to mind. You fail to understand that there is no such thing as outdated music, and living in the past as it relates to music is nonsensical, you realize none of these things because you know nothing about music or its history, most likely because you're a wet behind the ears pup, who doesn't realize what actually constitutes as music.

I can assure you that your expertise in music is most likely non-existance, and the phrase "I've forgotten more than you will ever know" comes to mind.

I play well enough to be in demand, and have made a very comfortable living in an extremely competitive environment. I have no other source of income like many "Weekend Warriors" who sell insurance during the week or run a car dealership.

You obviously live in a stark world of sharp edges, black, silver, chrome, the smell of electricity, you have not discovered, and probably never will, the world of subtle curves, and shapes, of a myriad of colors and hues, only things than can come from humans. Good luck with your world of 3D interface metaphors and hepatic feedback, I'll stick to breathing life into music where nothing played is exactly to same way no matter how many times it's played.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#213046 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanctity exists whether you use the word or not. You can't sit there and say "sanctity does not exist" and expect to be treated as a smart feller.
Respect exists, does it? Where's your respect for my views of the sanctity of marriage?
I see no reason to respect your views.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#213047 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
You don't know my belief system.
<quoted text>
There you go again. Assuming you can brush aside the quandaries I put before you if you can label me a 'faith based thinker'.
So you are stuck with lazy scoffing or finally coming up with a reasoned answer.
Oh, and you are 'hurt' by my barbaric mocking of your ignorant arrogance. You should be thanking me.
So here we are again. You divert from addressing the prophecies by assaulting my assumed belief system and character.
Smile.
your character cannot be assulted
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213048 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong?
An immersive virtual musical instrument, or immersive virtual environment for music and sound, represents sound processes and their parameters as 3D entities of a virtual reality so that they can be perceived not only through auditory feedback but also visually in 3D and possibly through tactile as well as haptic feedback, using 3D interface metaphors consisting of interaction techniques such as navigation, selection and manipulation (NSM).
So you think I'm "dead wrong" about the difficulty levels between the trumpet and the wersi? Really now?

I can teach a 6 years old to do the following on a wersi, and do it in a relatively short period. Find the bass notes with their feet of C-A-D and G and then repeat the pattern until they can do so without looking down, about 10 min. Next, play a C6 chord on the lower bank C-E-G-A, they can now hold those notes and move the bass to A since, as I'm sure your expertise will tell you, C6 and A-7 share the same notes, this would take no time at all, then voice lead the A-7 to the D-7 by moving only ONE note, the G down to F, and the last chord G simple move the bottom two note down to B and D, takes about 15 min to get comfortable with the voice leading. Coordinating the bass pedal wit the voice leading might take another 15 min. I add a simple diatonic melody on the top bank expressed a quarter notes and half notes and I now have a 6 year old playing a simple song on the wersi It has taken about an hour.

I now hand the 6 year old a trumpet, show him the basic fingerings for a three note melody involving only two of the three valves. Then I show him how to produce a sound by buzzing his lips..........He can't do more than make farting noises, no matter how hard he blows, he can't make any more than gross noises and can't even change the pitch from one note to the next. After 5 min. of this his lips become numb a he is dizzy from blowing so hard. He could do this for an hour and NEVER get beyond the farting sounds, meanwhile, he goes back to the wersi, and although makes a few mistakes plays the song he learned in an hour.

Your musical ignorance is astounding, you lose, now go play with your transistors.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#213049 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they're lesbian?
They might be bi.
They might be acting.
Ya never know.
Why label them?
The latest lesbo story in my neck of the woods involves a married lesbo seeking a divorce, from her wife (?) What does a lesbo call her married partner? Anyways she is having all sorts of problems getting divorced so she can marry some man. It just goes on and on and we watch in awe.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213050 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a direct commandment which invalidates your little hypothesis.
Jesus answered him, "It is said: Do not test the Lord your God."
Those folks that test God are as foolish as you.
Jesus most likely never existed, at least not the Jesus depicted in the bible, so why should I give a rats ass about what he had to say?

BTW it's NOT my hypothesis, it's the words taken directly from your holy book.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213051 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong?
I take great pride in the fact that I know little about electronics, just as you take pride in not knowing anything about music or its history.

I think so little of electricity I forbid my students from generating their music on a computer. As far as I'm concerned the only good machine is the ATM, and possibly my microwave oven.

Electronics and its relationship with music is meaningless, I have no reason to even consider acquiring knowledge about electronics.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213052 Feb 18, 2014
karl44 wrote:
I see no reason to respect your views.
How very Topix Atheist! of you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213053 Feb 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The latest lesbo story in my neck of the woods involves a married lesbo seeking a divorce, from her wife (?) What does a lesbo call her married partner? Anyways she is having all sorts of problems getting divorced so she can marry some man. It just goes on and on and we watch in awe.
That's not a lesbian. That's a bisexual woman.

Divorce, huh? Hmmmm

Maybe she missed getting dicked around lol.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213054 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
Jesus most likely never existed, at least not the Jesus depicted in the bible, so why should I give a rats ass about what he had to say?
Then why do you cite His words?!

I know. You're backed into a corner, realize that you've been wrong but are too prideful to admit it.

It's cool, man. I got your number....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213055 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:

Electronics and its relationship with music is meaningless, I have no reason to even consider acquiring knowledge about electronics.
Then you should either listen to your music live or on a phonograph.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#213056 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How very Topix Atheist! of you.
Where did you and your family go on vacation? You haven't mentioned it since returning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,375,395
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Three Days 311,019
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,250
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web