Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#212474 Feb 14, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of expected evidence of RR is evidence for the absence of RR.
And there's a lot of it.
Funny, I don't miss Dave at all.
Did Dave leave? I'll let my scroll wheel know.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#212475 Feb 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I must confess to a personal fondness for 3.1415926...
Herhehe.
3.14159265... doesn't hold a candle to 2.718281828...

#212476 Feb 14, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right along with people who have had an accident and are minus a few bits and pieces.
Maybe the polydactyls and those with missing fingers can get together?

#212478 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
"Before camels were available" what?
Were they on strike or something?
Camels were not native to Palestine. They were imported. The oldest known archeological evidence of camels in Palestine postdates their mention in the Bible...assuming the dates given in the Bible.

This is an indication that the books, or at least the passages about camels, were written much later than they claim.

Like you, the writers would just assume..."Oh, the camels have always been here."

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#212479 Feb 14, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Shem was Larry and Moe's brother. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#212480 Feb 14, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Did Dave leave? I'll let my scroll wheel know.
He disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Location hidden

#212481 Feb 14, 2014

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#212482 Feb 14, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
3.14159265... doesn't hold a candle to 2.718281828...
I'm partial to 1.618

Location hidden

#212484 Feb 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have an argument or you just like copy and paste?
Evidence speaks for itself.
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#212486 Feb 14, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm partial to 1.618
You are all heathens the number shall be:-
2.7182818284590452353602874713 527

The one true number. Those who do not follow this number shall perish by the mighty slide rule the fountain of all knowledge.
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#212487 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have an argument or you just like copy and paste?
So let me get this straight. It is OK for godbots to C+P pages and pages of bibull quotes but we can not post a few links.

Is that correct?

Location hidden

#212488 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, cupcake. So the fact that we have evidence in the form of saddles (1200bc) for the camels that you are saying didn't exist, shows you will fall for anything, snack shack!
In what region were those saddles developed?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#212489 Feb 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>In what region were those saddles developed?
lol
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#212490 Feb 14, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to him?
Dave Nelson

Since: Sep 08
Location hidden
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#208575Tuesday Jan 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch ...

That was my swan song. Dave is going offline.

:-)

This was Dave's last post. Kinda cryptic, huh? Maybe he built a Wayback Machine and can't return,

#212492 Feb 14, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all heathens the number shall be:-
2.7182818284590452353602874713 527
The one true number. Those who do not follow this number shall perish by the mighty slide rule the fountain of all knowledge.
Yes. We humans may count in base 10, but nature counts in base e.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#212494 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I can see you don't do your own research just parrot others.

Just to make sure I am reading you right, you are accepting the idea that camels were not domesticated before 900bc?
Or do you want to add some caveat to this claim?

Not only will I show you where and when the saddles were discovered, I can show domestication as early as 3000bc.

So, lets see what you got skippy...
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>When you can develop a rational argument instead of junior high tactics you can't be taken seriously.
We all know you only can spew hate, no substance!
"Expert" on what? Be specific.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#212496 Feb 14, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm partial to 1.618
I'm partial to 192.168.1.1

I can be almost, see almost, do almost...anybody with that number. It's a trick I learned from Lucifer.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#212497 Feb 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
In what region were those saddles developed?
Made in China

Location hidden

#212499 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I can see you don't do your own research just parrot others.
Just to make sure I am reading you right, you are accepting the idea that camels were not domesticated before 900bc?
Or do you want to add some caveat to this claim?
Not only will I show you where and when the saddles were discovered, I can show domestication as early as 3000bc.
So, lets see what you got skippy...
I never said, or even suggested, what you are attempting to assert I presented in the links. You asked about evidence. Which is what was supplied - 4 links - that spoke about that very thing, evidence.

For instance:

New archeological evidence is throwing cold water on the biblical image of Abraham, Jacob and Joseph riding camels through the desert.

A team of Israeli archaeologists has studied the oldest-known camel bones from this ancient period and the results are in — camels reportedly started plodding around the eastern Mediterranean region centuries after the Bible tells us they did.

After analyzing the facts from radioactive-carbon dating, Erez Ben-Yosef and Lidar Sapir-Hen of Tel Aviv University claim the domesticated animal arrived on the biblical scene near the 10th century B.C. Scholars believe Abraham lived at least six centuries before that(...)

Stories about camels in the Bible “do not encapsulate memories from the second millennium,” said Noam Mizrahi, an Israeli biblical scholar,“but should be viewed as back-projections from a much later period.”

Still, stories about the Jewish patriarchs contain more than 20 references to the domesticated camel, according to The New York Times. In Genesis 24, Abraham sends his servant to find a wife for his son Isaac. The servant traveled on his master’s camels.(...)

The research suggests that camels were introduced to the region suddenly, perhaps as Egyptians traveled along the Mediterranean trade routes.

But Bible defenders claim that even though the findings challenge the ancient text’s time line, they do not detract from the overall spiritual message.

If the biblical writers are not interested in the facts, but rather in getting a message across, then people of faith can concentrate, instead of trying to verify every last item in the Bible, on what the overall message of the story is, not whether it is historically true,” said Carol Meyers, a religion professor at Duke University."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/archaeo...

"The discovery is actually far from new. William Foxwell Albright, the leading American archeologist and biblical scholar who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls, argued in the mid-1900s that camels were an anachronism. Historian Richard Bulliet of Columbia University explored the topic in his 1975 book, The Camel and the Wheel, and concluded that “the occasional mention of camels in patriarchal narratives does not mean that the domestic camels were common in the Holy Land at that period.”

Biblical History 101 teaches that the texts themselves were often written centuries after the events they depict."
http://world.time.com/2014/02/11/the-mystery-...

That is an accurate overview of what the links presented.

Maybe you'd be better off sticking to the biblical myths, sugartits.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#212500 Feb 14, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that?
Try reading, you feckin' moron.

HereL: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/archaeo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Julia 1,640,375
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Eddie M 319,837
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 34,794
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,798
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web