Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#211613 Feb 8, 2014
mtimber wrote:
A rock created everything, including various conflicting worldviews that are all just the result of chemical fizzes and therefore equally valid... Think about it... I don't think incredulity is an argument you should be championing...
It's the argument you just made. You find the naturalistic perspective unbelievable as your oversimplified representation of it indicates.

Presumably, you find the universe, and probably the living cells in it, too complex to exist uncreated. Is that correct?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#211614 Feb 8, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheism is not a 'faith'. It's 'spiritual cowardice', where men try to run and hide from the Lord that they might continue to embrace the sins they love.'Where can I go, that You are not there, o; Lord?!'
Sorry , we don't believe in doc bull ship either.

Fennario

#211615 Feb 8, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
Would you lie to save someones life? Would you lie to save someone from harm? Would you lie to save yourself from death? Would you lie to save your child from death or harm?
mtimber wrote:
I asked if lying was absolutely morally wrong.
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software

He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.

Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.

You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.

Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.

We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.

Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.

Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#211616 Feb 8, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
A rock created everything, including various conflicting worldviews that are all just the result of chemical fizzes and therefore equally valid...
Think about it...
I don't think incredulity is an argument you should be championing...
This is just as logical as a invisible man, made a talking snake that tricked the wife, into eating a magic fruit that makes you see ya naked, so he drowns them in a flood, so he can finally appear as himself , praying to himself so he can forgive us for killing him, so he can become the king of zombies in your dream come true.

Fennario

#211617 Feb 8, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheism is not a 'faith'. It's 'spiritual cowardice', where men try to run and hide from the Lord that they might continue to embrace the sins they love.'Where can I go, that You are not there, o; Lord?!'
Do you consider yourself a spiritual person because you believe in unseen spirits? Is that how you define the term? If not, what is your definition?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#211618 Feb 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software
He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.
Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.
You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.
Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.
We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.
Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.
Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability.
Don't know what you are talking about and really don't care but the question asked to get my attention. Is it always wrong to lie? I would say not always. Most times yes. Please don't speak for me as you don't have a clue.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#211619 Feb 8, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>A rock created everything, including various conflicting worldviews that are all just the result of chemical fizzes and therefore equally valid...

Think about it...

Tell me more about your rock theory.

Looks interesting.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#211620 Feb 8, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Is the lawd there when you threaten to rape women?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#211621 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what you are talking about and really don't care but the question asked to get my attention. Is it always wrong to lie? I would say not always. Most times yes. Please don't speak for me as you don't have a clue.
Yet you just proved his point, beautifully.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#211622 Feb 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Many of us skeptics don't get to see the faith based mind at work in meat space because it simply is unwise if not impossible to have protracted conversations of this nature with the faithful there.
.....Interesting

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#211623 Feb 8, 2014

Clearwater and Honolulu

#211624 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you just proved his point, beautifully.
I really doubt that. I've read his postings and yours enough to know where we stand. In this life sometimes its not the what we do but why we do it that defines us.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#211625 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I really doubt that. I've read his postings and yours enough to know where we stand. In this life sometimes its not the what we do but why we do it that defines us.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what you are talking about and really don't care but the question asked to get my attention. Is it always wrong to lie? I would say not always. Most times yes. Please don't speak for me as you don't have a clue.
In that instance, even without knowing what he was talking about, you proved Teddy's point beautifully.

Seems to me that lying is perfectly acceptable to the church, its foundation is built upon lies and blood shed.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#211626 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
In that instance, even without knowing what he was talking about, you proved Teddy's point beautifully.
Seems to me that lying is perfectly acceptable to the church, its foundation is built upon lies and blood shed.
Wouldn't say that but nor did I. What I said was I can see certain times when it would be ok. For example, someone comes into a private home a makes a threat against another person's life. As for the rest carry on in it. Its what you guys do day in day out.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#211627 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Tell me more about your rock theory.
Looks interesting.
It's funny.

They set up a straw man using their own worldview as a template, then attack it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#211628 Feb 8, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
A rock created everything, including various conflicting worldviews that are all just the result of chemical fizzes and therefore equally valid...
Think about it...
Christianity; The result of an imaginary screw with an imaginary virgin and an imaginary deity's - "proxy ghost self" - which "fathered" itself, just so it could sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.

What were you saying about Christian credulity, again?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#211629 Feb 8, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny.

They set up a straw man using their own worldview as a template, then attack it.
Yeah, hilarious.

It's still my new favourite meme.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#211630 Feb 8, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity; The result of an imaginary screw with an imaginary virgin and an imaginary deity's - "proxy ghost self" - which "fathered" itself, just so it could sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.

What were you saying about Christian credulity, again?
Yeah, it reminded me of yours.

It's one of the many things I love about logic, it's straightforward and honest.

Hi scar :-)

Fennario

#211631 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Don't know what you are talking about and really don't care
OK. Thanks for that.

Fennario

#211632 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Please don't speak for me as you don't have a clue.
Why do you think I did?

And why do so many of you think that we don't know what you think? Are you unaware that your posts, which are each opinions you hold, are read and understood?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Anton Ciguhr 1,173,922
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min Trojan 28,739
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Quantummist 3,171
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr ChickBrilliance 308,034
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr HitMan 201,321
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Jan 27 Pinoyboyguy 734
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web