Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258481 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Miller Place, NY

#211239 Feb 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...this is one time too many.
You have been reported.
Keep it up, and I will continue to report.
why you flagrant wimp. Still got your Christian indignation do ya?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#211240 Feb 6, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. My bigger point is I know on many of these issues of faith we will never agree. But this nation has been built on prople being able to agree to disagree. For example a homosexual family member and I are civil and have no ill will toward each other. I would never dream of saying to ANYONE what the gov of New York said.
.. can you drag any Hispanics out of your family tree that you have a congenial relationship with ??..

.. how about a liberal Democrat? And, maybe for good measure, a few Jews ??..

.. and, of course, Mrs. CC was once an abomination; but, through the grace of the Lord, underscored by your tender love, she's now a good Christian lady who once enjoyed the flesh of women ..

.. durp ..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211241 Feb 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Bet you heard that one from the Grand Wizard, at your weekly local KKK meeting.
Why is there no Disneyland in China?

No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211242 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That Jewish law means nothing to a Christian.
I doubt it means much to Jews any more, either. How many Jews still own slaves?
blacklagoon wrote:
Thats great, so glad to hear that the bible means nothing to you {{{SNIP}}}
That ain't what I said.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211243 Feb 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
BTW...this is one time too many.
You have been reported.
Keep it up, and I will continue to report.
Go ahead.

I told Catch to quit posting to me....

This is what he gets.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211244 Feb 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When on person OWNS another human being, thats slavery. When that person can drive an awl through another persons ear and mark this person as his PROPERTY, thats slavery.
When you are allowed to beat this other person brutally, as long as he doesn't die within a few days, thats slavery.
When you are able to include this person you OWN in your will and you children may then inherit them as THEIR PROPERTY, thats slavery.
Slavery "back then" or now, or tomorrow, or 100 years from now is immoral. Your God fully endorses slavery and the Good and wonderful Jesus, never mentioned slavery as immoral.
I'm sorry you don't see owning another human being as wrong, it speaks volumes for your morals. So defend away you morally bankrupt Christard.
I bieve it's immoral, too.

Not all people do.

Certainly not the people that volunteered to be slaves...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211245 Feb 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Crass, ignorant racist, I went out of my way to register a complaint against you, I certainly hope your fellow Christians are proud of your ignorant racists behavior. I really had thought out species had outgrown such dehumanizing behavior.
Lol

Y'all are sooooo sensitive.

Funny that no one even commented on the redneck joke but y'all get in a tissy fit over a black joke.

Hypocrites.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211246 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Can you tell me how your religion has makes you a better person than you would have been without it, keeping in mind that you would likely have been more like the unbelievers posting here.
Yes, I can tell you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211247 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I leave that to you. You're doing a great job.
Like Catcher said, I suggest that you get used to intense criticism and learn to deal with it - not just of you for your racism, which really isn't my issue, but also of the church, which is.
I really, really, REALLY don't give a shit what you and Catcher suggest.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211248 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Your god commands taking various prisoners of war into captivity.
Taking POW's is different than kidnapping, like killing and murder are different.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#211249 Feb 6, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. My bigger point is I know on many of these issues of faith we will never agree. But this nation has been built on prople being able to agree to disagree. For example a homosexual family member and I are civil and have no ill will toward each other. I would never dream of saying to ANYONE what the gov of New York said.
Civility in the "Melting Pot", operative word 'civility'- something eroding in our modern day. Just walk in His Way...

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."(Romans 12:18)

Have a blest day...
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#211250 Feb 6, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Civility in the "Melting Pot", operative word 'civility'- something eroding in our modern day. Just walk in His Way...
"If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."(Romans 12:18)
Have a blest day...
You too my friend.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211251 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I'm pleased to see the number of people stepping up and saying in one form or another, "What this book teaches is bad, what it teaches is wrong, and those that are in its sway are made worse people for defending bad ideas"
What's the number? 7?

And it's just Topix Atheists!, you know......

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#211252 Feb 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly any of the books of the NT were written by the people whose names are on them. None of the gospels were written by the apostles who are attributed.
Agreed. The only ones accepted by most scholars as authentic are a few of Paul's letters.

Other than those letters, he entire Bible is anonymous and were written long after Jesus, Paul and the Apostles were long dead.

Note also that with all the Jewish followers of Jesus, not a single word of an NT manuscript is in Aramaic or Hebrew.
Imagine if the only surviving founding documents of the USA were French and Italian copies ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#211253 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And West Side Story was inspired by Romeo and Juliet. If you want to understand Shakespeare, "inspired by" is not nearly good enough. I would no more go to Broadway to see a play inspired by Romeo and Juliet to learn about Romeo and Juliet than I would go to a bible only inspired by a god to learn anything about that god.
Excellent point !

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211254 Feb 6, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. and, of course, Mrs. CC was once an abomination; but, through the grace of the Lord, underscored by your tender love, she's now a good Christian lady who once enjoyed the flesh of women ..
.. durp ..
Why? Why? Why?

Why do you have to mock and ridicule him for that?!

If Mrs RR "came out" today and told me she was a lesbian, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mock and ridicule her choice. You'd probably be pleased and be saying that she was always lesbian and didn't know it.

Why can't you think the reverse? Why can't you think that Mrs CC was always straight and just didn't know it?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#211255 Feb 6, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Civility in the "Melting Pot", operative word 'civility'- something eroding in our modern day. Just walk in His Way...
"If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."(Romans 12:18)
Have a blest day...
"Why are you friends with sinners and atheists ?"

"Who better needs salvation ?"
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#211256 Feb 6, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. can you drag any Hispanics out of your family tree that you have a congenial relationship with ??..
.. how about a liberal Democrat? And, maybe for good measure, a few Jews ??..
.. and, of course, Mrs. CC was once an abomination; but, through the grace of the Lord, underscored by your tender love, she's now a good Christian lady who once enjoyed the flesh of women ..
.. durp ..
More hateful crap to be ignored. Carry on in it.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#211257 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Why? Why?
Why do you have to mock and ridicule him for that?!
If Mrs RR "came out" today and told me she was a lesbian, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mock and ridicule her choice. You'd probably be pleased and be saying that she was always lesbian and didn't know it.
Why can't you think the reverse? Why can't you think that Mrs CC was always straight and just didn't know it?
Well, first of all, Clearwater talked about his wife's perversion, and

Oh hell, what's the use trying to reason with a stupid wiseass racist pig.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211258 Feb 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Excellent point !
Thanks, man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RoxLo 1,497,487
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 58 min Patriot 10,958
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr LongerPharts 32,752
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 8 hr LongPhartz 95
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr ThomasA 313,372
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web