Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210437 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn’t it? how strange you said “All you've "explained" is that DNA didn't exist until it was named and E=MC2 proves God can't be omnipotent.”
You even put the word explained in quotes and it certainly reads like you have at last admitted that I have explained
But if you don’t want my thanks then that’s fine too.
I put the word 'explained' in quotation marks because inflection doesn't work with text.

I was mocking you and your "explanations".
Bongo

Miller Place, NY

#210438 Feb 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is with you stupid, angry ChristoWhiteSupremacists.
Dude? Exactly why?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#210439 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape involves sexual intercourse.
You know, where the peepee goes inside the jayjay?
You say God raped Mary?
So how did the peepee ejaculate the gods own baby making juice into her jayjay and plop a bun in her oven?

Considering artificial insemination was somewhat in its infancy back then it could only have been either rape or magic?

So you are opting for the magic option? Fair enough

Actually your story, mine is the one where Julius Pantera raped her and was consequently re-posted to the northern borders of Germania

#210440 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I put the word 'explained' in quotation marks because inflection doesn't work with text.
I was mocking you and your "explanations".
Ahh, yes good old christian mockery of anything they don’t want to understand, there is a lot of it about

Once again thank you for that.
Bongo

Miller Place, NY

#210441 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What animals (or other creatures – LOL) do you know of that have died for their god?- I don’t know about you but I can count that number on the fingers of one ear lobe.
Nice to see you cherry picked my response. Thank you for restoring my faith in you…
You need a strong stomach to see what science has done to people in its desire to learn. Animals are barbarically used till this day. Entire eco systems have suffered and been destroyed, coral reefs, forests, even space is littered and hazardous now . They were still doing lobotomies a few miles from here , by the thousands, less than 60 years ago. At nearby B.N.L. scientists have irreversibly polluted the entire area with radioactive waste, spending hundreds of millions annually in futility in an attempt to remediate. If you knew what went on at nearby plum island, You would think people should have been jailed. Cancer is epidemic, especially breast cancer. Does the end justify the means? No wise person would trust their soul to the results of science. Spiritual things are so far out of the reach of science, it doesn't even know where to begin, at explaining it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210442 Feb 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
The christian nation of America is full of starving children.
That's neither generous nor moral.
"full"?!

Actually, there are about 58,670,000 very well fed children in America.

Some overfed.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#210443 Feb 3, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Bongo wrote:
This is a lie made up to impugn.
Maybe, but why do you think so? I can't vouch that it actually happened, but it seems credible to me. If I were making the story up to impugn, I would have said that they didn't tell the server until after the meal, not before.

Did you have anything you wanted to say about the other two stories that you omitted? Do you think they're lies,too? You can read them at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... # if you like.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210444 Feb 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
My problem is with you stupid, angry ChristoWhiteSupremacists.
That's because you're bitter towards us, ignorant about us and racist to us.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210445 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

*pushes the IANS rope*
Catcher1 wrote:
Subtle reference to lynching now, eh?
That was a reference to the difficulty of explaining anything to IANS, not a reference to murder.

You have a very hateful mind.

Fennario

#210446 Feb 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I agree that the words are clear and simple. They refer to a day with a morning and evening, which specifies which of several possible meanings of "yom" (day in Hebrew) was intended. I find it odd that you would interpret them to mean an inexact but protracted period of time,then go ahead and call the words clear and simple.
It's apparent to others what you are doing even if it is not to you. It's done millions of times a day every day, and has resulted in tens of thousands of Christian divisions, each with thousands of individual that can't agree among themselves what their bible says, but each claiming that it his version is clearly and simply correct. The Christian bible says nothing if it can be used to say whatever you prefer.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You have to be willing to learn before you can learn.
You are unwilling. And I am unwilling to push your rope any further on this.
No problem. I think you probably already gave your full argument.

In any event, congratulations on accepting scientific concepts and incorporating them into your worldview despite your bible. Sagan wasn't referring to you here:

“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded,“This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say,“No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.” &#8213; Carl Sagan

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210447 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
So how did the peepee ejaculate the gods own baby making juice into her jayjay and plop a bun in her oven?
Considering artificial insemination was somewhat in its infancy back then it could only have been either rape or magic?
So you are opting for the magic option? Fair enough
Actually your story, mine is the one where Julius Pantera raped her and was consequently re-posted to the northern borders of Germania
You're not getting it. There was no penetration, no ejaculation and no semen.

God created the pregnancy as easily as He created to universe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210448 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Ahh, yes good old christian mockery of anything they don’t want to understand, there is a lot of it about
Once again thank you for that.
You're welcome.

If you can't take the heat....

Fennario

#210449 Feb 3, 2014
The church serves itself first and better.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
THE CHURCH!! THE CHURCH!! I said Christians, dude. You know ---^^^***people***^^^---
You're not the problem. The church is. You're just a vector for it.

In my opinion, unbelievers should focus on the church, which is their problem, not its adherents,many of which are good people. There is nothing good about the church.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210450 Feb 3, 2014
No problem. I think you probably already gave your full argument.
In any event, congratulations on accepting scientific concepts and incorporating them into your worldview despite your bible.
Congratulations are not in order. I told you yesterday, several times, that I've changed nothing about my beliefs. I've incorporated no scientific concepts into my beliefs about Creation.

The words in Genesis are clear, "Let the earth sprout forth"....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210451 Feb 3, 2014
You're not the problem. The church is. You're just a vector for it.
Which church?

Are you talking the Westboro Baptist church or the Bethel Christian Center?

They teach entirely different beliefs.
In my opinion, unbelievers should focus on the church, which is their problem, not its adherents,many of which are good people. There is nothing good about the church.
There are many things good about churches. To say there is "nothing good" is ignorance and hate. Where's the good ole Humanism compassion you espouse?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210452 Feb 3, 2014
“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded,“This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say,“No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.”; Carl Sagan
Ya, that's neat.

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid." -Carl Sagan

#210453 Feb 3, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You need a strong stomach to see what science has done to people in its desire to learn. Animals are barbarically used till this day. Entire eco systems have suffered and been destroyed, coral reefs, forests, even space is littered and hazardous now . They were still doing lobotomies a few miles from here , by the thousands, less than 60 years ago. At nearby B.N.L. scientists have irreversibly polluted the entire area with radioactive waste, spending hundreds of millions annually in futility in an attempt to remediate. If you knew what went on at nearby plum island, You would think people should have been jailed. Cancer is epidemic, especially breast cancer. Does the end justify the means? No wise person would trust their soul to the results of science. Spiritual things are so far out of the reach of science, it doesn't even know where to begin, at explaining it.
About the animals, very true and I am no fan of vivisection but in times past it was useful, now though, scientific methods surpass it in success stories. However thanks to vivisection so many illnesses/procedures that were once fatal are now simply a slight irritation. Many medicines and medical equipment are in use today are the result of the horrors that have been inflicted on animals.

Remind me next time you fall ill and need hospital treatment requiring MRI or CT scans etc, whether you would trust science or whether you would prefer a spiritual healer to magic you better.

Neuroscience has progressed considerably in the last few years and can now explain exactly how the imagination works. The problem now is that spiritual types like you are unwilling to accept that spirituality is imagination, they try to hype it up to the “un-understood” magic without the need for evidence when if fact it is just them who do not understand.

BTW - You are using the results of science in several fundamental forms, electricity, quantum mechanics, fibre optics, solid state programming, science of communications, computer science, laser manufacturing techniques etc just so that you can slag off science, do you not find that rather hypocritical?

#210454 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it. There was no penetration, no ejaculation and no semen.
God created the pregnancy as easily as He created to universe.
So magic then.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#210455 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
So magic then.
Unexplained phenomenon.

#210456 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
If you can't take the heat....
I got out of the crucible of christianity while you were still a child being battered across the head with your godbook

So reassuring that real christians have apologised for their behaviour and then there are others who think mockery of what you are too stupid to understand is the way to you gods heart.

It does separate the christians from the funnimental fukwit godbots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,481,224
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 41 min Patriot AKA Bozo 10,733
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Sammy Davis Junior 313,199
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,715
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 17 Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jan 17 louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,891
More from around the web