Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#208954 Jan 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to prove or disprove the theory of evolution, Stepped-in-Shit.
I'm simply proving Sister Christine doesn't know what she's talking about.
I already finished doing that with you.
Unless you want to say something else stupid.
Go ahead.
Then you are doing a very bad job of it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208955 Jan 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I find it amazing that people can believe anything without sufficient evidence, and for no good reason. I'm very comfortable in having scientific observable evidence for everything I believe in, and I'm sure your comfortable in your delusions, not sure why, but hey it works for you, unfortunately.
Yeah, sure.

Will you now present your "scientific observable evidence" that diinosaurs had no DNA??

Bwahahahahahahah....

Yes, Barf Balloon. You rely on hard evidence.

Dinosaurs with no DNA. No wonder they went extinct!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#208956 Jan 29, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nearly forgot about YD ..
.. why did you remind me ??..
Another day of hard work for Catcher.

It's a tricky, quirky case.

Location hidden

#208957 Jan 29, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You most certainly have changed your story. Here's what you wrote, just 2 hours ago:
"Funny thing really that for the most part scientist did not even consider DNA it at all, certainty not prior to about 75 years ago when perhaps some few theorised DNA. It was not until Watson and Crick made their astounding discovery that it was known."
You said that Watson and Crick discovered DNA.
That's absolutely false.
You went to the googlers, discovered you were wrong and promptly changed your story.
Watson and Crick did not discover DNA, they simply furthered the research of DNA and described the molecular shape of DNA as a "double helix".
Chrissy and Darwin's Dog Turd know nothing about science, math, philosophy, or anything else.

They repeat stupid lines they have heard, then when proven wrong, try to google enough conflicting information to wiggle free.

They are nothing but an Atheist Idiot Caravan, rolling through the internet forums.

Sad, really.

Location hidden

#208958 Jan 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck's 1 man war against science continues despite obvious setbacks.
Wrong page, Shitbird.

If you can't use the handbook correctly, pass it on.

If they don't mind the drool-soaked pages.

Location hidden

#208959 Jan 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So many ambulances, so little time.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#208960 Jan 29, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You just vomited 100 guesses.
You've unwittingly helped me demonstrate that many things occur without the knowledge of science.
You still seem terribly confused over the initial subject of our conversation. It was how we verify if something is REAL, not if the real event can be understood. Pay attention boy!!!!

These were not guesses I gave you, science understands everything you mentioned. Your scientific knowledge is outdated, for example, science does now understand why the suns corona is hotter than the surface. Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) waves transport energy from the surface of the sun out through the chromosphere into the corona, making it hotter than the surface.

FACT....both the sun and all of the planets in our solar system where formed from the same accretion disk, hence the center of the Earth contains much of the same material as our sun.

FACT......Birds navigate using the earths magnetic fields, to that end they have tiny grains of magnetite in their heads to aid in detecting these magnetic fields

FACT......The flame is hotter near the tip of a fire or around its edges

FACT...There are many theories as to how the universe came into existence, or NOT

FACT....There are many theories as to how life came to be, abiogenesis is the front runner since amino acids have been created from non-living material, panspermia is also a possibility.

Once again, try your best, I know it's very difficult for you, to understand the difference between proving something is real, or understanding completely these things that are REAL.

Science doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop. Unlike religious beliefs, which claims to know all of the answers without question, science is a self correcting system that continually adjust it's stance on any issue as new information is discovered. That is how progress is achieved, not by assuming to already have ALL of the correct answers. In doing so, any journey of discovery ceases and you are locked in a dark age mentality.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#208961 Jan 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the cards will fall the correct way ..

Location hidden

#208962 Jan 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You still seem terribly confused over the initial subject of our conversation. It was how we verify if something is REAL, not if the real event can be understood. Pay attention boy!!!!
These were not guesses I gave you, science understands everything you mentioned. Your scientific knowledge is outdated, for example, science does now understand why the suns corona is hotter than the surface. Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) waves transport energy from the surface of the sun out through the chromosphere into the corona, making it hotter than the surface.
FACT....both the sun and all of the planets in our solar system where formed from the same accretion disk, hence the center of the Earth contains much of the same material as our sun.
FACT......Birds navigate using the earths magnetic fields, to that end they have tiny grains of magnetite in their heads to aid in detecting these magnetic fields
FACT......The flame is hotter near the tip of a fire or around its edges
FACT...There are many theories as to how the universe came into existence, or NOT
FACT....There are many theories as to how life came to be, abiogenesis is the front runner since amino acids have been created from non-living material, panspermia is also a possibility.
Once again, try your best, I know it's very difficult for you, to understand the difference between proving something is real, or understanding completely these things that are REAL.
Science doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop. Unlike religious beliefs, which claims to know all of the answers without question, science is a self correcting system that continually adjust it's stance on any issue as new information is discovered. That is how progress is achieved, not by assuming to already have ALL of the correct answers. In doing so, any journey of discovery ceases and you are locked in a dark age mentality.
Right. That's how scientists discovered dinosaurs had no DNA.

Where do you stand on the Pope being Atheist?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#208963 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
So who decides who has the correct moral position?
We do.

Rational ethics seem to elude you and many other people of faith. You ask the most elementary questions and never seem to understand the answers. I think that your window of opportunity to learn such things may have passed. The knowledge is self-evident to those who have matured seeking such understanding outside of faith. Faith in a god giving "absolute" morals seems to have made that understanding beyond your ken. Why else would you be asking the simplest questions ad infinitum?

It reminds me of myself as a child asking my father why I should take a wife and share my income with anybody. It didn't make sense to me, and neither did his answer. In the end, he just had to tell me that I would understand some day.

The difference was that I hadn't arrived at the window of opportunity to understand yet. When I did, the answers became obvious. But he could never have explained to my satisfaction before that, and neither can any of us answer your questions to your satisfaction. You will never understand, and should probably stop asking. Your questions provoke no thought except wondering what happened to you, which I'm sure is not your intent.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#208964 Jan 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure.
Will you now present your "scientific observable evidence" that diinosaurs had no DNA??
Bwahahahahahahah....
Yes, Barf Balloon. You rely on hard evidence.
Dinosaurs with no DNA. No wonder they went extinct!!
Pissoffyoufuckingloser!!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#208965 Jan 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being discussed was success or failure.
Did you think you offered something relevant?
By the way, the stupidity of your description proves you don't have the slightest clue about anything Osteen has ever said.
But thanks for the bile. There's never enough, huh?
How do you know I know nothing of Osteen? He is on TV you know there for the world to see. And you are the one talking about his book sales.

So do you think you are relevant or just an agitator?

Fennario

#208966 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
Ad hom is attacking the person not the argument.
That is incorrect. Attacking a person is merely insulting them. Ad hominem refers to a logical fallacy in which one attacks an argument by attacking the person making it. Saying that a person is an ahole is not an ad hominem. Saying that his argument is wrong because he is an ahole is what ad hominem refers to.

From Wiki:

"An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument"
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#208967 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, if morals are not absolute then child molestation is ok??
Straw man argument, show me a society where child molestation is acceptable and we'll discuss it. Any group of people, large or small decide what is harmful and unacceptable behavior. The well being of the individual is usually the focal point, the right to swing my fist ends at your nose.

There is now and never has been an absolute morality, and please don't even attempt to bring your immoral holy book as an example of morality.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208968 Jan 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It later became known as DNA. At the time it was not known as DNA as I have said all along
What mistake? You keep saying I have made a mistake but never seem able to show where. I have provided a pretty concise history of the discovery of DNA and then you try and top that by providing, yes your guessed it, a history of the discovery of DNA.
I will admit that I was wrong in not being pedantic enough for you. Other than that???
No, that's not what you've been saying, that's what you've changed your story into.

You said that DNA was discovered about 75 years ago. Then you specifically named Watson and Crick for their discovery of DNA, you called it an "amazing discovery".

Now you back pedal and change your story.

Pathetic.

Fennario

#208969 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
You are missing the point, to evolve morally means a destination. A destination requires a standard... Where do you get this standard from?
Mankind.

We appeal to the subset of people that appear to be working to maximize the greatest satisfaction for the greatest number. It's not only all we have apart from ancient religious systems that fail to generate that satisfaction, but it has been successful at extirpating some failed religious moral values from the culture where it has been allowed to do so.

We have already eliminated witch burning, genocide, rape, and slavery - all biblical values - and are now working to uproot Christian homophobia, atheophobia, misogyny, anti-intellectualism and antiscientism.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208970 Jan 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Christinemc^2 will counter you with a reference from The Huffington Post.
Lol

That would've been better than her lie.

"At the time it was not known as DNA as I have said all along"

Fennario

#208971 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
You are clearly labelling your own behaviour as you continually refuse to engage in any meaningful manner.
There is no engaging you. There is merely refuting your claims.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208972 Jan 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:

Nope, I have reinforced it with FACT
It isn't a fact that Watson and Crick discovered DNA.

Just stop.

Accept your loss with some dignity, geez.

Fennario

#208973 Jan 29, 2014
mtimber wrote:
So then, if morals are not absolute then child molestation is ok??
Not even close, and this is after weeks of trying to teach you. It's apparently not for you to understand. You should probably stop asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emeem 1,153,372
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 32 min Chosen Traveler 28,361
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr LonePalm 2,660
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Joe fortuna 201,151
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Phil Donahue 306,953
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web