Hoyas fitness & finesse
Alan

Columbia, MD

#1 Jun 4, 2012
As an avid Hoya fan I continue to be concerned over the apparent physical fitness of the basketball team. The guys seem to lack physical strength which perhaps detracts from their inability to rebound aggressively. In spite of the length other teams seem to be stronger under the basket. Furthermore the team never seems to develop a steady flow through constant movement ala John Havlicheck and consequently tend to stand around rather continually breaking for the basketball.
I would love to read about how the team developed physically via an effective strength and conditioning program like the one recently alluded for the University of Kansas.

Furthermore it occurs to me that if the players were taught to use the glass more effectively it might increase their shooting percentages. To often the players go for the high risk shot rather than taking advantage of the angle is using the glass. Of course, that skill is taught and requires some dedication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,684,129
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min American Independent 326,565
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr Mothra 12,055
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
More from around the web