Iowa to face Indiana State in NIT opener

Mar 17, 2013 Full story: thegazette.com

Iowa earned NCAA tournament consideration until the very end Sunday. But the Hawkeyes couldn't overcome several tight road losses and a weak non-conference schedule and missed the NCAA tournament for the seventh straight year.

Full Story
King Fish

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I just have a real problem with poor judgment by the selection committee's choice on those who qualify for the ncaa tournament. I really think the selection is flawed by political and preferential selections of teams who really have business qualifying for the NCAA tournament. The iowa Hawkeye's beat Iowa State, Iowa played some high ranked teams and nearly won. The Big Ten is the strongest league in the country therefore any team who ends up with 20 or more wins should be included. I have to admit that special privileges is being given to some of various reasons that I will not put in print, in my heart I know that the committee should be investigated and not by Obama, maybe Clint Eastwood he is fair and speaks the truth.
King Fish

United States

#2 Mar 18, 2013
I have found a very powerful means of getting the attention of political dead beats, and incompetent VIPS and community servants of We The People. I believe the selection committee has passed several better teams in there selection of the NCAA field. I do believe politics, pressure from certain groups interfere with sending the best teams to the tournament. I have to say that a BOYCOTT of college sports may need to implemented by the Fan's/Spectator's. I think people don't care about some of the justifications used by groups who are cheating others just so they can please a few squeaky wheels while allowing the rest of the wagon to quietly rot away. I won't be watching NCAA/College sports, I will add it to my list of Boycotting Hollywood violence and there double standards. I have now for 6 years avoided supporting pro sports, the players are over paid, the owner make to much and the tickets are to high. The players are poor role models, always fighting and show boating and sending the message they are above the good sportsmanship expectation of the fan's. I believe our entire leadership in all levels of fairness in American's lives has allowed certain practices and unjust reasons or excuses to lower the quality of every discipline of our society. The University of Iowa and several others should have been included in the NCAA this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 min IBdaMann 2,687
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min cpeter1313 306,998
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min fetch almighty 1,154,216
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 min Joe fortuna 201,175
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Eagle 12 232,906
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 50 min Bruin Nation 28,403
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 21 hr Roy the Boy 691
More from around the web