Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1785824 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Bluestater

Chicopee, MA

#1200591 Sep 11, 2014
Cut to the chase wrote:
<quoted text> That's why I tell these REPUBLICANS wait till after we take over the SENATE to pull the Impeachment department ,Oh shit wait till the Grand JURY in Ferguson wishes not to Indict, Knock out game should be a rollin in full SWING.
Sorry to burst your bubble but conviction in the Senate following impeachment in the House requires a two thirds majority. To get that the Republicans would have to run the table and not lose any seats themselves. There are enough safe Democratic seats up for election to make that numerically impossible.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200592 Sep 11, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waxturd, how did that big real estate deal work out for you yesterday? Was your trailer damaged in the move to your new lot?
I'm betting that he and his Moose have grown quite proficient at relocating that single wide.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200593 Sep 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realslime says the nightclub scene in Teheran is fantastic......
That must be real painful for a house bound lowlife like you to even think there are people actually having fun all over the world.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1200594 Sep 11, 2014
Post #1199910:- To ghost Tony Rome wrote: Where you goin' with this, paisan?....
ghost wrote: Hey Tony Rome, That is Waxmans Alter ego.
ghost admitting he is Waxturd, you sick bastard...

Busted again ghost and Not a Veteran...

ghost and his nasty sock Waxturd an illegitimate bastard, born to a prostitute, abandoned in an orphanage, you dumbass...

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1200595 Sep 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Luke Russert's--a Lib--opinion of the speech
"Obama was forceful tonight in his delivery and presentation so if you didn't process the words, it looked/sounded ok"
Magic Negro's speech could easily be summed up like this: "I screwed up the Middle East big time, folks, but now I'm going to act like a Big Boy and tell Congress I need a whole bunch of money to clean up my mistakes."
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200596 Sep 11, 2014
Jackie Lynch wrote:
"The NFL has lost its way. It doesn't have a Ray Rice problem; it has a violence against women problem," -- NAG president Terry O'Neill
O'Neill better be careful. Someone may construe her comment to be racist. Wait...who am I trying to kid? She's not a republican.
So when you hear of racism and women being abused you automatically think Republican....Good little Gunner...Just knowing how miserable you are along with most baggers on here is heart warming. Try as best you can to suffer through your misery in silence ..Dumbasses.

Lapeer, MI

#1200598 Sep 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a political puppet pulled by the strings of party hacks and now public opinion.
Yes, we're glad he's doing something - FINALLY - to show the enemy and the rest of the world he's not a complete wimp - and, therefore, the rest of us of whom he represents.
But had it not been for a public outcry turning on him after those two beheadings, he'd still be diminishing this threat and trying to ignore it on the golf course.
He's auditioning again for the role of president in this production he now thinks he's in.
If he actually listens to advise from anyone with any experience in warfare and defeating an enemy instead of Valerie Jarrett and his other stoolies who know about as much as he does about the real world, we might have a fighting chance to destroy this enemy who has nothing else to do but kill anyone in their path who stands in the way of their goal of an Islamic Caliphate.
But if he gave that speech and then disappears again to attend fundraisers and tee off on the golf course for the next few months without addressing the American people as to the progress of this campaign and reassuring us he is staying on top of it, we're still on our own.
We might as well have hired an experienced actor to give that speech.
"He's auditioning again for the role of president in this production......."

He needs to wear Suspenders. His pants keep falling down around his ankles.

Lapeer, MI

#1200599 Sep 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
This has gotten crazy. They have Mueller, ex-FBI head, looking into the NFL.
When government becomes a Soap Opera Nanny, it's time for a new government.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1200600 Sep 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic Negro's speech could easily be summed up like this: "I screwed up the Middle East big time, folks, but now I'm going to act like a Big Boy and tell Congress I need a whole bunch of money to clean up my mistakes."
09-09-14: Ward Churchill on Fox Megyn Kelly commenting on the half-million Iraqi children killed by the poison ordered by the Clinton administration against the Muslim people of Iraq, Clinton starting World War III..

The War Mongering sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism...
Bluestater

Chicopee, MA

#1200601 Sep 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Just in case some on the left want to argue against the success of austerity measures in some European countries:
"For years, Britain has had controversial austerity measures in place. Olivier Blanchard, the International Monetary Fund's chief economist, likened them to playing with fire. This past week, the IMF published its World Economic Forecast and concluded the fastest-growing economy of any rich country in the world is Britain's. Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, led the U.K.'s austerity measures."
http://www.npr.org/2014/04/12/302166456/after...
The problem is Carol, that there really hasn't been any austerity in the UK for two years. The British government has actually increased spending, that probably goes a long way to explaining why the IMF predicts that the UK will have the fastest growing economy in the developed world this year.
www.bondvigilantes.com/blog/2014/08/21/great-...

Lapeer, MI

#1200602 Sep 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
I haven't been this encouraged by the swift response of the American people in a very long time. It was the American people who forced this president into action.
(Maybe the number in the "dumb" and "dumber" crowd is actually diminishing.)
But it still saddens me it took the beheadings of two Americans for the majority to show any outrage when the brutality against thousands of others has been right under our noses.
When you have the power to stop the suffering inflicted on others and turn a blind eye to it, you are just as guilty as the perpetrators in my book.
If it means being labeled "the policemen of the world", so be it. Doing the right thing is never wrong. Doing nothing in the face of evil brutality is.
It is a sad day indeed when the American people have to force their President to put down his golf clubs to face the beheading of American Journalist and act like an adult male.

Lapeer, MI

#1200603 Sep 11, 2014
49ers suspend radio announcer Ted Robinson for Ray Rice comments: http://tinyurl.com/o9ckm7c

Has anyone else but me noticed how Free Speech is being increasingly muzzled during the Magic Negro era? Speaking your mind is now called Hate Speech, "Insensitive" or grounds for dismissal.

Bill of Rights?

What Bill of Rights? We've got a Magic Negro. We don't need no stinking Bill of Rights!

Lapeer, MI

#1200604 Sep 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad day indeed when the American people have to force their President to put down his golf clubs to face the beheading of American Journalist and act like an adult male.
"Americans need to search their hearts about how they treat black males" -- Magic Negro

Should've kept your mouth shut, Boy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200605 Sep 11, 2014
Poor Tea baggers, they have elevated the size of their violin to trombone status. Their whine is coyote like, their crying is reminiscent of a hospital nursery. Their mental state is that of...well Baggers. Robbed of the right for self thinking fueled by their hatred and racism with no respect for women or their personal rights only old fat white men know what's best for women, how dare women to act or even consider that they alone know what's best for them....THE NERVE. Now believe it or not they want equal pay???? Damn we knew all along that once they were allowed to vote we were making a huge mistake.

Hell it's got so bad that we can't even get them pregnant anymore without them wanting to have an abortion. We baggers alone know what's best for everyone. Now we have a president that actually thinks before he attacks, how stupid is that? What's next equal pay, and a living wage, after all he gave Americans who never had health coverage the opportunity and now we have millions of Americans that never had health care for their families that are fully covered..The hell with the poor and working class just who do they think they are???Everyone knows the future is in the very rich and the Koch brothers are our heros. FOX news is our biggest watering hole and their honesty and factual coverage is so inspirational, I must go now as my mental evaluation is due and waiting in the long line all day is so frustrating, but at least we pass the time whining and seeing who can be the biggest racist, while discussing idiots that want what they call responsible gun control...Can you actually believe that there are stupid people like that.. Ok come on Bubba and Billie Jo Bob, lets get this line moving.
Bluestater

Chicopee, MA

#1200606 Sep 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
(if this posts twice, it's twice as nice...)
It SHOULD have occurred to you that only liberals elevate an elected official to the level of messiah. An inept inexperienced one at that.
Reagan was already a proven leader and put the country first. He was respected and admired by many. He knew his role was to represent America - not just those who elected him.
Obama was not a leader before he took office and put himself and his ideology first. Yet, he was still labeled as some kind of "savior" by liberals desperate to be saved from themselves.
Conservatives don't need or want government or government officials to save us from anything. Many of us look to a higher power to govern ourselves.
George Washington knew the "great experiment" hinged on Americans governing themselves through the consciousness of a higher power.
Communists look to government and government officials as their collective conscience. They neither have to think for themselves or govern themselves and a higher power is seen as a threat.
That's the big difference between our respective ideologies.
If it posts twice, it's twice as clueless.
Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit. During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion,“roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether.” Reagan enacted a major tax cut his first year in office and government revenue dropped off precipitously. Despite the conservative myth that tax cuts somehow increase revenue, the government went deeper into debt and Reagan had to raise taxes just a year after he enacted his tax cut. Despite ten more tax hikes on everything from gasoline to corporate income, Reagan was never able to get the deficit under control.
Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented immigrants. Reagan signed into law a bill that made any immigrant who had entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty. The bill was sold as a crackdown, but its tough sanctions on employers who hired undocumented immigrants were removed before final passage. The bill helped 3 million people and millions more family members gain American residency. It has since become a source of major embarrassment for conservatives.
Reagan illegally funneled weapons to Iran. Reagan and other senior U.S. officials secretly sold arms to officials in Iran, which was subject to an arms embargo at the time, in exchange for American hostages. Some funds from the illegal arms sales also went to fund anti-Communist rebels in Nicaragua — something Congress had already prohibited the administration from doing. When the deals went public, the Iran-Contra Affair, as it came to be known, was an enormous political scandal that forced several senior administration officials to resign.
Reagan helped create the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. Reagan fought a proxy war with the Soviet Union by training, arming, equipping, and funding Islamist mujahidin fighters in Afghanistan. Reagan funneled billions of dollars, along with top-secret intelligence and sophisticated weaponry to these fighters through the Pakistani intelligence service. The Talbian and Osama Bin Laden — a prominent mujahidin commander — emerged from these mujahidin groups Reagan helped create, and U.S. policy towards Pakistan remains strained because of the intelligence services’ close relations to these fighters. In fact, Reagan’s decision to continue the proxy war after the Soviets were willing to retreat played a direct role in Bin Laden’s ascendancy.
By the way dimwit; you can thank liberals/progressives for the fact that you were able to cast your vote for Mitt Romney. Conservatives were against giving women the right to vote.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1200607 Sep 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Even sadder that over 4,000 American troops lost their lives in an unprovoked war in Iraq while Bush chopped wood and golfed in Texas and morons like you cheered him on.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200608 Sep 11, 2014
There’s a rule I’ve said we should follow for quite some time now. If you had anything to do with the absolute embarrassment that was the war in Iraq, you should keep your mouth shut when you feel the desire to give advice or criticism toward how others might be handling the situation over there.

Because guess what? If George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld hadn’t pushed for their illegal war, then subsequently botched it about as badly as any group of human beings possibly could, Iraq wouldn’t be the giant mess that it is right now.

And I don’t recall the phrase “indefinite occupation” being used back in 2003 prior to us going into Iraq. Though that seems to be the “plan” Dick Cheney wants us to follow now.

My biggest question is, why the hell is anyone interviewing Dick Cheney about Iraq? Why would anyone care about the opinions of the man who swore to the entire world that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and was aiding terrorists? Why would anyone care about the opinions of the man who swore to the entire world that we’d be embraced as liberators by the Iraqi people once they were force-fed his version of “freedom”?

Oh, by the way, literally none of that turned out to be true.

And can someone please explain to this buffoon that it was actually his good pal George W. Bush who signed the SOFA agreement setting the date that all U.S. troops had to be out of Iraq?
- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/dear-dick-...
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1200609 Sep 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He made a great speech last night. He said things Bush or Cheney would have said. A speech that if you or I said the same thing in a post, the clueless Obama worshippers would be screaming and posting reichwinger or fearmonger comments, right about now. The most challenging thing for Obama is Obama. Can he now walk the walk? He never has before.

Or was he just trying to save the Democrats this November.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200610 Sep 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Poor Tea baggers, they have elevated the size of their violin to trombone status. Their whine is coyote like, their crying is reminiscent of a hospital nursery. Their mental state is that of...well Baggers. Robbed of the right for self thinking fueled by their hatred and racism with no respect for women or their personal rights only old fat white men know what's best for women, how dare women to act or even consider that they alone know what's best for them....THE NERVE. Now believe it or not they want equal pay???? Damn we knew all along that once they were allowed to vote we were making a huge mistake.
Hell it's got so bad that we can't even get them pregnant anymore without them wanting to have an abortion. We baggers alone know what's best for everyone. Now we have a president that actually thinks before he attacks, how stupid is that? What's next equal pay, and a living wage, after all he gave Americans who never had health coverage the opportunity and now we have millions of Americans that never had health care for their families that are fully covered..The hell with the poor and working class just who do they think they are???Everyone knows the future is in the very rich and the Koch brothers are our heros. FOX news is our biggest watering hole and their honesty and factual coverage is so inspirational, I must go now as my mental evaluation is due and waiting in the long line all day is so frustrating, but at least we pass the time whining and seeing who can be the biggest racist, while discussing idiots that want what they call responsible gun control...Can you actually believe that there are stupid people like that.. Ok come on Bubba and Billie Jo Bob, lets get this line moving.
Not an officer...

Commissioned officers are educated...

Educated people do not use 'bagger' to describe another human being...

Epic ethics failure...
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1200611 Sep 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
No one has removed the self respect of citizens more than Democrats who have made multiple generations dependent on government handouts.

Democrats will defend multi-culturalism in the name of political correctness and won't be happy until Sharia Law is everywhere. How does that work for women's rights?

If you want to see inequality in salaries, look at how women are paid less than men in the Obama administration.

Equal pay is fine, but if you drop out of the workforce for years, you'll never catch up--no matter whether male or female.

Progressives are the ones who know what is best for everyone and won't be satisfied until there is no capitalism and wealth is redistributed, except amongst their own elite.

Living wage? Wages in a free market are determined by market value and not your Marxist theories. If someone is 30 years old and has an entry level, low-skilled job, why should a business have to pay them $15 an hour? Maybe tomorrow, progressives will decide that no one should make less than $50 an hour. Why stop at $15?

One percenters are the only ones who have seen more wealth in the Obama years. What has he done for the middle class besides increase taxing regulations, create more part time and fewer real jobs and a huge increase in food stamp and ss disability populations?

Racists exist in the black population too. It is the Democrats who will exploit that for their own political gain. Democrats in NYC are now busy making sure that criminals are free to have guns and kill other minorities.

Bubba? Leave Clinton out of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Build the wall 346,450
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Chosen Traveler 36,123
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4