Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383861 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197926 Sep 5, 2014
Nanomaly: "Sit STILL, Captain, so I can get this ham all the way up in there..."
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197927 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and find comfort in knowing we mortals know so little when it comes to the mysteries of life, the universe and beyond.
We can only try our best to make sense out of it. And we like to use metaphors to describe things that are outside our limited perspective.
I'm not lookin' for comfort, carol... I'm pretty comfortable right here, right now... wait... um, what sort of "comfort" are you offering?... Oh, Jesus, no... no... forget I said that...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197928 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words, you got me, no defense so I'll go on the personal attack
so again tell me how Michele Obama's war on childhood obesity is any different than Nancy Reagan's war on drugs, or Laura bush's war on illiteracy, which was obviously lost when it comes to you
Normally, I'd say it sucks to be you, but i don't think you have enough intelligence to realize how stupid you are.
urging people to control their weight is a good thing, but Moochelle's heavy-handed approach sucks......

just like kale sucks.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1197929 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
that the aluminum tubes could be used for a uranium enrichment centifuge, when our own DOE experts said no they couldn't-(that report was buried)
that he had stockpiles of sarin, a nerve agent
that he had mobile biological weapons labs and we knew where they were
that he had the ability to restart his nuclear program at any moment
that he attempted to buy yellow cake from Nigeria
that he was working with al Qaeda, jand that representatives of his gov't met with al Qaeda officials in the Czech republic
He alluded to Saddam's participation in the attacks of 9/11
That wasn't the question. The question was what did Bush lie about that the UN didn't believe either after threatening "serious consequences" if Saddam tried to flip them off one more time?

UNSCOM inspectors tried to investigate WMDs in Iraq and were denied access to certain areas and certain people. The resolutions were spread out over the course of several years, so Saddam was successful in stalling by continued noncompliance until he could get rid of them.

So what did Bush lie about that the UN didn't believe too? That was the question.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1197930 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking up Jonathan Turley, the liberal law professor at George Washington University, who stated publicly that Obama is grossly abusing his power as defined by the Constitution can be found anywhere on the Internet. The Age of Information is right at our fingertips.
Maybe that's why you're so uninformed?
Do you only read the New York Times?
Where do you get your information to form an opinion?
Do you not want to know what Jonathan Turley said about Obama?
Are you too lazy to find out?
Is it easier to resort to uninformed remarks?
Are you afraid the truth will threaten your insulation in having to accept it?
Do you have an aversion to any reality inconsistent with your ideology?
Seriously. What's the deal, Lucille? Jonathan Turley making this statement has been shown in the news numerous times. Are you watching black out news? Is this news being withheld on black out news? Doesn't that bother you? Shouldn't that bother you? Do you mind not being informed intentionally?
It would help to know what the deal is with the snarky remarks when it's something that can be proven so easily. Are you even interested in being shown the proof? Help me help you.
American Academia, though is rife and rotting from within with trash Like Bill Ayers and Louis Seidman. Professorships are handed out to just about anybody nowadays as long as they toe the Progressive Ultra Left Wing line.

Constitution-Bashing Georgetown Law Prof. Continues Battle to Make Americans ‘Give Up’ on Founding Document: http://tinyurl.com/a2mxxav

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has declared many times her disdain for the U.S. Constitution and very publicly. Having her on the SCOTUS is just as bad as having a Magic Negro inside the White House.

America is in danger of rotting from within .
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197931 Sep 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
government standards defining obesity are absurd.....
POTUS presents a terrible body image.....
who wants to look like a scarecrow like Obama???.....
Pretty much everybody.... Oprah, certainly... Chris Christie... Rue Paul or whatever that little guy's name is?... Boehner is certainly jealous of the tan.... GOD I don't even want to think about Mitch McConnell... Newt Gingrich?...

Lapeer, MI

#1197932 Sep 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
government standards defining obesity are absurd.....
POTUS presents a terrible body image.....
who wants to look like a scarecrow like Obama???.....
With his toothpick legs, he could step into a couple of olives to look like a presidential
Hors d'oeuvre.

Orlando, FL

#1197933 Sep 5, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lookin' for comfort, carol... I'm pretty comfortable right here, right now... wait... um, what sort of "comfort" are you offering?... Oh, Jesus, no... no... forget I said that...
It's forgotten. Trust me.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1197934 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the question. The question was what did Bush lie about that the UN didn't believe either after threatening "serious consequences" if Saddam tried to flip them off one more time?
UNSCOM inspectors tried to investigate WMDs in Iraq and were denied access to certain areas and certain people. The resolutions were spread out over the course of several years, so Saddam was successful in stalling by continued noncompliance until he could get rid of them.
So what did Bush lie about that the UN didn't believe too? That was the question.
Reality check: So what wmd's did bushie boy find since in your mind he didn't lie?

Lapeer, MI

#1197935 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words, you got me, no defense so I'll go on the personal attack
so again tell me how Michele Obama's war on childhood obesity is any different than Nancy Reagan's war on drugs, or Laura bush's war on illiteracy, which was obviously lost when it comes to you
Normally, I'd say it sucks to be you, but i don't think you have enough intelligence to realize how stupid you are.
Well, if you wanna get personal....your avatar does show us a lapdog:-)

That would fit nicely on your Voter ID Card, your Green Card or your prison Mug Shot:->

A War On Drugs has the goal of eliminating the horrors of a recreational drug society. The muggings, murders, B&Es, traffic deaths, ruined families, etc.

A War On Illiteracy can help Illegal Mexicans learn to read traffic signs and stop killing innocent Americans.

But when was the last time a fat boy sat on somebody to kill them?

Michael Brown got fat because of the Welfare mindset in black culture.
Tell the 1st Cow to direct her efforts their instead.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197936 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, carol... how come the U.N. is a good source to back yourself up with when it suits you, and the agent of the Anti-christ and his one world government when it doesn't?

Lapeer, MI

#1197937 Sep 5, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
Isn't the expression, "ham-fisted?" Which in electro's case means something entirely different than clumsy...
Your knowledge of meats only deals with the beating of it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197938 Sep 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
With his toothpick legs, he could step into a couple of olives to look like a presidential
Hors d'oeuvre.
unfortunately, government standards want everyone to look like an AIDS victim like Obama.....

most professional athletes are overweight by government standards......

Yasiel Puig at 6'-3" and 240 lb is a prime example, officially "obese"......

the idea that a 6-ft tall man is overweight at 184 lb is ridiculous......
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197939 Sep 5, 2014
Here you go, sweetie... U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix...

it's short.. it won't make your brain hurt too bad trying to follow it...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197940 Sep 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hors d'oeuvre.
At least he can walk, cripple...

Orlando, FL

#1197941 Sep 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
American Academia, though is rife and rotting from within with trash Like Bill Ayers and Louis Seidman. Professorships are handed out to just about anybody nowadays as long as they toe the Progressive Ultra Left Wing line.
Constitution-Bashing Georgetown Law Prof. Continues Battle to Make Americans ‘Give Up’ on Founding Document: http://tinyurl.com/a2mxxav
Ruth Bader Ginsburg has declared many times her disdain for the U.S. Constitution and very publicly. Having her on the SCOTUS is just as bad as having a Magic Negro inside the White House.
America is in danger of rotting from within .
It's not like we weren't warned.

Nikita Kruschev banged his shoe on the table and declared, "We shall destroy you from within" during the infamous "Kitchen Debate".

Most Americans would agree that our society has changed for the worst over the last 30 years.

The deterioration of patriotism and corruption in high places is similar to a communist-like immunity without accountability by the elite few and protected by a propagandist-like media.

Yeah, I agree. We're in trouble. Hopefully, it's gotten bad enough and the silver lining we were all hoping for in 2012 is becoming visible.

Orlando, FL

#1197942 Sep 5, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, carol... how come the U.N. is a good source to back yourself up with when it suits you, and the agent of the Anti-christ and his one world government when it doesn't?
Thought you liberals loved the UN as the answer to all our problems. I know Obama does. Seemed appropriate to remind a some of you that if Bush lied, so did the UN. That's a much harder pill for you guys to swallow than it is for me. I know Bush didn't lie about anything. But to say he did, liberals would have to say the UN did too. Horror of horrors.

Lapeer, MI

#1197943 Sep 5, 2014
I watched some business news this morning on TV and came away smiling. At least two financial experts expressed dismay that the economics numbers from the government aren't making any sense. They said that the time has come to begin questioning all economic data released by the Obama White House. They also complained about how the data is heavily "revised" later as the norm and not as they exception.

Nope, Azzholes, it wasn't on Fox, either:-)

People ....*some* people....are beginning to wake up about the Magic Negro.

Lapeer, MI

#1197944 Sep 5, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he can walk, cripple...
I run over you routinely. Go look in the mirror.

See those Nike Treadmarks across your cheeks?

That's me.

The one between your cheeks is also me.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1197945 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you liberals loved the UN as the answer to all our problems. I know Obama does. Seemed appropriate to remind a some of you that if Bush lied, so did the UN. That's a much harder pill for you guys to swallow than it is for me. I know Bush didn't lie about anything. But to say he did, liberals would have to say the UN did too. Horror of horrors.
lol! You never let facts get in the way of your lies... or reality.

No wonder all those American (an allies) death doesn't bother you. It meets your political approval....

"Diplomat Harsh on Leaders in Testimony for Iraq Inquiry
By JOHN F. BURNS
Published: July 27, 2010

LONDON — In the years Hans Blix has spent relating his struggle to deter the United States and Britain from going to war in Iraq, he has rarely spoken with the disdain for President George W. Bush and his top aides that he displayed on Tuesday before Britain’s official inquiry into the war.

Mr. Blix, the Swedish diplomat who led the United Nations body that scoured Iraq for traces of Saddam Hussein’s banned weapons program, used the word “absurd” on several occasions to describe American arguments for going to war. He also described Britain, the United States’ main ally in the invasion, as “a prisoner on the American train.”

Mr. Blix concluded three hours of testimony by saying that Iraqis had suffered worse from the “anarchy” that followed the invasion in March 2003 than it had under the Hussein dictatorship. Iraq was already “prostrate” under Mr. Hussein, he said, and the impact of economic sanctions, and the invasion and its aftermath, made things worse.

Mr. Blix, 82, is customarily courtly, in the way of the Cambridge-educated international lawyer he was before he became Sweden’s foreign minister in the late 1970s. But appearing before the British inquiry as the first non-British witness to speak in a public session, his quiet, detailed account of the weapons inspections — and the decision to go to war before inspections were completed — was punctuated by acerbic observations about the American role.

He repeatedly referred to the American president as “Bush,” without using his title or an honorific, while referring to Tony Blair, the British prime minister who joined the invasion, as “Mr. Blair.” He criticized both leaders, as he has before, for resting their case for going to war on intelligence about Iraq’s weapons programs that he described as poor.

“I have never questioned the good faith of Mr. Blair, or Mr. Bush,” he said at one point.“What I questioned was the good judgment, particularly of Bush, but also about Mr. Blair to some extent.”

After the invasion, American-led weapons inspection teams found no stockpiles of banned weapons or traces of continuing programs to produce them...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Talkin To daStupid 9,639
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,269
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) 20 hr Be Jesus like 36
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat ChristineM 255,314
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA Sat predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web