Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345965 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196252 Sep 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you know i'm not black.
sure, everybody is a Cherokee....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196253 Sep 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...they've been beheading for 1400 years. They chose a reason du jour to suit their fancy.
pretty easy for US Muslims to start beheading people here in the US, in the name of Islam.....

wonder if that would get Obama's attention....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196255 Sep 2, 2014
President Obama announced Tuesday he is sending approximately 350 additional military personnel to Iraq to protect U.S. diplomatic facilities and workers in Baghdad.

The White House said in a press release that the personnel will not serve a combat role, and are fulfilling a request from the State Department for more protection as the country fights an insurgency from the Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIS or ISIL.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1196256 Sep 2, 2014
j rocker wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me the difference between the 1930 guy and Mikey in Ferguson
lol! YOU tell me son.

It's your comparison.

But I don't expect you to since it requires some rudimentary intelligence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196257 Sep 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're either stupid or very stupid. The most recent executioner directed his hateful comments directly at Obama saying he is the reason Americans are being killed.
Evil can only be destroyed by an even greater strength. Simplifying this kind of evil as "they don't like it very much" is very stupid. Weakness emboldens them. You are also very weak.
why would Sunni Muslims direct their hatred toward the world's most powerful Sunni Muslim???.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196258 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ISIL has it's basis in Assad leaving them alone in Syria.
mindless gibberish.....

debunked.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196260 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ISIL has it's basis in Assad leaving them alone in Syria.
its, not it's.....

even your grammar is mindless gibberish......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1196261 Sep 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
mindless gibberish.....
debunked.....
Not really.

Which is why it makes the situation interesting.

BTW, I'm still waiting for reich wingers to cry about the killing of an American citizen if they fight for the enemy. They're awfully, awfully quiet on it now.

I wonder why?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1196262 Sep 2, 2014
j rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
fk u jane fonba
lol! That's what I like about reich wingers... a limited vocabulary.

And no knowledge of how to use what they do know!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1196263 Sep 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
its, not it's.....
even your grammar is mindless gibberish......
lol! Ah! A challenge!!!
Obviously

Mesa, AZ

#1196264 Sep 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, everybody is a Cherokee....
Shhh! Hey keep it on the low.
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196265 Sep 3, 2014
SO HERE''S MY ULTIMATE QUESTION, CAROL, OLD BRICK... IF REVELATIONS IS RIGHT AND THE LAST ACT WAS FORETOLD IN GREAT GORY DETAIL SOME 1700 YEARS AGO... THEN WHY DO WE NEED TO GO THROUGH IT AT ALL? WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS... THE JEWS MOSTLY DIE AGAIN... DUH.... SURELY THEY'RE NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT? THEN JESUS COMES DOWN, THE BATTLE'S OVER, YOU WIN... AND IT'S PAR-TEEE TIME, RIGHT, SWEETIE?.... SO... UM... WHY DO WE NEED TO SHOW UP FOR THE GAME IF WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS? TRADITION?... IS THERE A CHANCE THAT YOUR "EVIL" MIGHT YET WIN THIS THING?
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196266 Sep 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're either stupid or very stupid. The most recent executioner directed his hateful comments directly at Obama saying he is the reason Americans are being killed.
Evil can only be destroyed by an even greater strength. Simplifying this kind of evil as "they don't like it very much" is very stupid. Weakness emboldens them. You are also very weak.
OH GOD, FORCING ME TO REASON WITH THE RETARDED AGAIN, HUH? OH WELL... CAROL, THESE SANDAL CLAD BOYS, THEY ARE ALL BOYS, PERCEIVE THAT THE 500 LB BOMBS DROPPING ON THEM OUT OF THE SKY ARE SOMEHOW CONNECTED TO PRESIDENT OBAMA AND THEY WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR IT TO STOP. AMUSINGLY, IN THIS THEY ARE CORRECT, CAN WE AT LEAST AGREE ON THIS ONE SEEMINGLY OBVIOUS POINT?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO "DESTROY EVIL" SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH THING. THERE'S PLENTY OF HATRED, RAPING, KILLING, AND BLIND IGNORANCE GOING ON A DAILY BASIS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO WRAP YOUR TINY MINDS AROUND THE CONCEPT THAT BORED, UNEMPLOYED, INTENTIONALLY PSYCHOTIC BOYS YOU JUST SOLD SHINY NEW GUNS TO, MAKE TROUBLE WHEREVER THEY GO. PARTICULARLY WHEN FUELED BY SOME SELF-AGGRANDIZING CHARISMATIC LEADER LIKE, SAY, PASTOR HAGEE, SOMEONE LIKE THAT WHO FUNNELS HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FROM HIS DELUDED FOLLOWERS INTO THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACE WITH APPARENTLY NO CLUE THAT THE MONEY IS BEING USED TO KILL PEOPLE. THESE PARTICULAR FOLKS, LIKE YOU, CAROL, HAVE BEEN PREPARING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD FOR SOME TIME NOW AND THE GOOD PASTOR AND HIS ILK KNOWS THE PARISHONERS'LL BE REALLY DISAPPOINTED IF HE CAN'T PULL A RABBIT WITH A HALO OUT OF HIS FAT SOUTHERN ASS. NOBODY WANTS TO SPEND A DAY, STIFF AND COLD, ROTTING IN THE GROUND WAITING FOR JESUS' 2ND COMING IF THEY DON'T HAVE TO.. RIGHT?

THERE ARE ABOUT 60,000,000 EVANGELICALS IN THE U.S. AND MILLIONS MORE SCATTERED LOONILY AROUND THE WORLD. THEY ARE ALL WAITING FOR THE SAME THING AND IT AIN'T THE BIG GAME. BY SPEAKING AND THINKING IN TINY LITTLE INBRED CIRCLES, IN ABSOLUTES IF YOU WILL,(I JUST LOVE THAT EXPRESSION..).. ANYWAYS BY ENGAGING IN THIS SORT OF RHETORICAL MUMBO-JUMBO, THEY ARE.. YOU ARE... FOMENTING THE VERY THING YOU ARE MOST SCARED OF: YOUR OWN DEATH. THAT, MY OLD DEAR IS THE DEFINITION OF EVIL NOT SOME RAG-TAG, SANDAL CLAD HEAD-HUNTERS WITH A GRUDGE AND A SEEMINGLY ENDLESS SUPPLY OF US DOLLARS.

WHEN YOU DROP BOMBS ON SANDAL CLAD HEAD-HUNTERS, THEY DIE, OF COURSE... BUT NOT ALL OF THEM... NEVER "ALL" OF THEM, CAROL, BECAUSE, AS I JUST POINTED OUT, THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES... THEY DON'T EXIST. SO THE ONES THAT DON'T GET BLOWN UP, AND THAT WOULD BE NEARLY ALL OF THEM, NOW ARE OUT FOR YOUR HEAD. SEE HOW IT WORKS?

NOW, THIS CREATIVE TENSION IS A RESULT OF THE ABSOLUTE FAILURE OF ABSOLUTISM: WITH EACH "GOOD".... COMES A "BAD" THE "BAD" NEVER QUITE CONQUERS THE "GOOD" AND VICE-VERSA. I BELIEVE OUR SOON TO BE NO. 1 ENEMY, COMMUNIST CHINA, DESCRIBES IT AS THE YIN AND THE YANG OF THINGS... NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR WHO YOU WORSHIP SOME LITTLE YELLOW PERSON OBSERVED THAT THE BALANCE ALWAYS REMAINS BASICALLY THE SAME. THE CONCEPT OF "WINNING" ANYTHING DOESN'T EXIST IN NATURE, ONLY IN CHILDREN'S SPORTS. EACH TIME YOU TRY TO PERFORM WHAT I'VE JUST POINTED OUT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE, YOU RUN THE RISK OF CREATING A VACUUM INTO WHICH WILL BE SUCKED... WELL.... HEAVEN KNOWS WHAT? THAT IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE IN THE MIDDLE EAST, SPECIFICALLY IN IRAQ; YOU CREATED A VACUUM AND NOW THE HOLLOW SPACE IS FULL OF NASTY CRITTERS WHO GOT SUCKED INTO IT AS YOU WITHDREW YOUR BENEFICENT HAND. IS THIS TOO LONG AND COMPLICATED FOR YOU, HON? I KNOW, I KNOW YOUR LITTLE HEAD IS STARTING TO HURT AGAIN ISN'T IT? YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH A 15 MINUTE DETAILED ANALYSIS OF THE PROBLEMS AND THEIR LIKELY SOLUTIONS ON LAST NIGHT'S NEWSHOUR BECAUSE, OBVIOUSLY, YOU ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWERS... MAGIC!
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196267 Sep 3, 2014
HMMMM.. WELL, I'M CERTAINLY NOT DOING ALL THAT TYPING FOR NOTHING.... WAIT... IT'S CAROL....
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
OH GOD, FORCING ME TO REASON WITH THE RETARDED AGAIN, HUH? OH WELL... CAROL, THESE SANDAL CLAD BOYS, THEY ARE ALL BOYS, PERCEIVE THAT THE 500 LB BOMBS DROPPING ON THEM OUT OF THE SKY ARE SOMEHOW CONNECTED TO PRESIDENT OBAMA AND THEY WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR IT TO STOP. AMUSINGLY, IN THIS THEY ARE CORRECT, CAN WE AT LEAST AGREE ON THIS ONE SEEMINGLY OBVIOUS POINT?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO "DESTROY EVIL" SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH THING. THERE'S PLENTY OF HATRED, RAPING, KILLING, AND BLIND IGNORANCE GOING ON A DAILY BASIS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO WRAP YOUR TINY MINDS AROUND THE CONCEPT THAT BORED, UNEMPLOYED, INTENTIONALLY PSYCHOTIC BOYS YOU JUST SOLD SHINY NEW GUNS TO, MAKE TROUBLE WHEREVER THEY GO. PARTICULARLY WHEN FUELED BY SOME SELF-AGGRANDIZING CHARISMATIC LEADER LIKE, SAY, PASTOR HAGEE, SOMEONE LIKE THAT WHO FUNNELS HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FROM HIS DELUDED FOLLOWERS INTO THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACE WITH APPARENTLY NO CLUE THAT THE MONEY IS BEING USED TO KILL PEOPLE. THESE PARTICULAR FOLKS, LIKE YOU, CAROL, HAVE BEEN PREPARING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD FOR SOME TIME NOW AND THE GOOD PASTOR KNOWS THEY'LL BE DISAPPOINTED IF HE CAN'T PULL A RABBIT WITH A HALO OUT OF HIS FAT SOUTHERN ASS. NOBODY WANTS TO SPEND A DAY, STIFF AND COLD, ROTTING IN THE GROUND WAITING FOR JESUS' 2ND COMING IF THEY DON'T HAVE TO.. RIGHT?

CONT.
Donnie

United States

#1196268 Sep 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I'm confused, all right. On Bush's last day as President the only visible existence of Al Qaeda was in the caves along the Afghan-Pakistan border. Since Obama started his ... smart war?... Al Qaeda is threatening to take over Algeria, is threatening to take over Libya, invaded Syria, invaded Iraq, invaded Lebanon, is capable of fighting multiple wars on multiple fronts, conquered enough territory to declare their own Islamist terrorist state, and we're fighting a "smart war".
It looks like Obama is part of Al Qaeda.
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama has ordered about 350 more troops toBaghdad to protect the U.S. Embassy in the Iraqi capital and is sending top officials to theMiddle East to "build a stronger regional partnership" against Islamic State militants, the White House said on Tuesday.

Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby added that the move would bring the total number of U.S. military personnel responsible for bolstering diplomatic security in Iraq up to about 820.

Obama left Washington on Tuesday to visit Estonia and then attend a NATO summit in Wales.

The White House said Obama would be consulting this week with NATO allies on additional actions to take against Islamic State forces and "to develop a broad-based international coalition to implement a comprehensive strategy to protect our people and to support our partners" against the group. The Sunni Muslim militants have captured parts of Iraq and Syria.

As part of that effort, the White House said, the United States would send Secretary of StateJohn Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Obama’s counterterrorism adviser, Lisa Monaco, to the Middle East "in the near-term to build a stronger regional partnership."

The White House announcement came on the day Islamic State released a video purporting to show the beheading of a second American hostage, journalist Steven Sotloff, raising the stakes in its confrontation with Washington over U.S. airstrikes on its insurgents in Iraq.

"The President has made clear his commitment to doing whatever is required to provide the necessary security for U.S. personnel and facilities around the world," White Housespokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.

"The request he approved today will allow some previously deployed military personnel to depart Iraq, while at the same time providing a more robust, sustainable security force for our personnel and facilities in Baghdad," Earnest added.
----------

Obama was warned about ISIS (ISIL) over a year ago. Military brass has been extremely concerned over this president's lax attitude for national security threats and these are the military brass Obama hand picked if you remember he got rid of so many of our top echelon generals, admirals because they didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. Well it's happening again when the golfer-in-chief said we had no strategy to handle ISIS the Pentagon publicly stated otherwise which is not the normal M.O. for the Pentagon. They quietly go about doing their jobs and keeping all contingency plans updated and operational and they never counter a sitting president's press statements....but they did this time!

Obama always a day late (over a year on this issue and 6 years on many other issues) and a dollar short (trillions). Funny thing about Obama he could probably tell you all the golfing scores of Tiger Woods, the song placement on billboard top 100 for JayZ and Beyoncé, the stats on NBA teams and their rosters, but hell don't ask him to do that boring national security stuff....yawn....."is it vacation time yet?"
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196269 Sep 3, 2014
YOU SEE, MUDDY? SOMEBODY "IS" WAITING AND HOPING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD... A "LOT" OF SOMEBODIES... IN FACT, THE WHOLE DAMN CULT IS HOPING AND PRAYING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD AND ACTIVELY WORKING TOWARDS IT.

THE "WORLD" IS NOT PEOPLE... THAT'S JUST A DISEASE THE PLACE HAS GOT.. A MOLD OR A FUNGUS..NO ONE NEEDS ANY MORE OF THEM... LEAST OF ALL ME. WHEN THE SHOOTING STARTS I KNOW WHICH ONES I'LL BE SHOOTING...
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196270 Sep 3, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
"The request he approved today will allow some previously deployed military personnel to depart Iraq, while at the same time pty force for our personnel and facilities in Baghdad," Earnest added.
----------
Obama was warned about ISIS (ISIL) over a year ago. Military ass has been extremely concerned over this president's lax attitude for national security threats and these are the military brass Obama hand picked if you remembeal and they never counter a sitting president's press statements....but they did this time!
Obama always a day late (over a year on this issue and 6 years on many other issues) and a dollar short (trillions). Funny thing about Obama he could probably tell you all the golfing scores of Tiger Woods, the song placement on billboard top 100 for JayZ and Beyoncé, the stats on NBA teams and their rosters, but hell don't ask him to do that boring national security stuff....yawn....."is it vacation time yet?"
MORE SPAM FROM GALTY BOY... TOO MUCH OF A HACK TO WRITE HIS OWN MATERIAL... KIND OF A USELESS COWARD TOO... ALMOST LIKE A U.S. SOLDIER?....
THE DEVIL

Great Falls, VA

#1196271 Sep 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty easy for US Muslims to start beheading people here in the US, in the name of Islam.....
wonder if that would get Obama's attention....
YES, WELL, WE PUT UP WITH THE MORMONS BAPTIZING OUR DEAD I SUPPOSE WE CAN LEARN TO LIVE WITH SOME OTHER GOOFY ASSED QUASI-RELIGIOUS CLOWNS.... YOU DON'T THINK THEY'LL BEHEAD ALL OF US DO YA?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1196272 Sep 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
ISIS Leader, Baghdadi, when released by Obama in 2009 said, "See You In New York."
September 11 is eight days away. Hope and pray ISIS won't be anywhere near New York this anniversary. Hope Obama isn't playing golf.
Fox's Pirro: Obama set ISIS leader free in 2009

Pirro said that Obama released the current head of ISIS from government custody in 2009. The Defense Department said that the man now known as Baghdadi was released in 2004. The evidence that Baghdadi was still in custody in 2009 appears to be the recollection of an Army colonel who said Baghdadi’s "face is very familiar."

Even if the colonel is right, Baghdadi was not set free; he was handed over to the Iraqis who released him some time later. But more important, the legal contract between the United States and Iraq that guaranteed that the United States would give up custody of virtually every detainee was signed during the Bush administration. It would have required an extraordinary effort to have held on to Baghdadi and there is no evidence that he was on anyone’s radar screen, assuming that he was in custody at all in 2009.

The U.S.-Iraq agreement drove the release of thousands of detainees in 2009, but Obama had nothing to do with that.

We rate the claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statemen...

do you ever get anything right? and you can stop fear mongering. you're a FOXbot; no one will listen.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1196273 Sep 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
ISIL's only goal is to engage and destroy us by their own admission. But we're on our own and our military has no real direction and we have no leadership. So I've all but tuned out and hope we somehow land on our feet and survive the next two years.
Our military has plenty of direction you delusional twit. The successful bombing campaign has allowed the Kurds to retake control of the Mosul dam. Air support from the United States has managed to break a two-month long siege of the town of Amerli in northern Iraq.
A Bush sycophant like you doesn't have any business commenting on leadership. Was it leadership when your hero after receiving warnings from the intelligence community of an imminent attack on US soil did nothing to stop it but stayed on his faux ranch to cut more brush?
Was it leadership when hurricane Katrina was bearing down on the Gulf Coast and Bush decided to continue his vacation, visiting the Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort in El Mirage, Ariz., to hawk his Medicare drug benefit plan? Bush will spent one more night in Crawford before flying back to Washington.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min Conor McGregor 310,644
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 42 min Russell797 8,545
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe Fortuna 253,321
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Bruins 31,883
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 3 KeS 201,847
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb 3 Fart news 89
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Feb 2 Sonny 2
More from around the web