Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1616909 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1195763 Sep 2, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are now in a tie with Corporal Captain Ghostie and YEAH for dumbest poster on this thread!!!
Environmentalist Gore allowed zinc mine
I
In a valley next to Al Gore Jr.'s farm near Carthage, Tenn., ground limestone left over from zinc mining spreads out like a white blanket. Some of the lime is sold to treat soil that is too acidic.
ZINC MINING DISASTERS
CARTHAGE, Tenn. While area zinc mines have a good environmental track record, according to state officials and regulatory reports, abandoned zinc mines in the tri-state area of Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri caused one of the worst environmental disasters in the country.
Four thousand mines in the area operating from the 19th century until 1970 produced 23 million tons of zinc concentrates and 4 million tons of lead concentrates.
Near the end of mining, some companies mined the pillars of rock supporting the mine roofs. This caused 500 collapses in the area.
More damage was caused when the abandoned mines filled up with water creating an acidic stew that dissolved metals, some very toxic. This water then contaminated nearby ground and surface water.
Finally, the leftover waste rock from mining covered 4,000 acres in the area.
As a result:
• Sites in the area were placed on the Environmental Protection Agency's Superfund list after toxic levels of lead, cadmium and zinc were found in the soil and groundwater.
• A University of Kansas School of Medicine study found an unusually high incidence of cancer, particularly lung cancer in two Kansas counties.
• Several families had to be moved out of their homes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health advisory.
• Thousands were taken off well water, put on public water systems and had the soil in their yards cleaned.
Overall, the cleanup has cost millions, all borne by residents and taxpayers because the former owners had long ago gone out of business.
Tennessee environmental officials say, and Ronald Cohen, a professor at the Colorado School of Mines agrees, that the Carthage area mines are protected from acid runoff because the zinc ore is contained in limestone, which neutralizes acid.
Nobody will ever take your Crown as dumbest poster on this thread!!

Hell, you support murderers like Tony Scott in NASCAR!!

A zinc mine owned by the Jersey Minière Zinc Co.
Discovered in 1969.
In 2010, Nyrstar company is reopening the zinc mines in the Carthage, Tennessee area which includes the Elmwood, Gordonsville and Cumberland mines. The Elmwood is being operated through the Gordonsville #3 shaft and incline. The first ore from the Elmwood was hoisted in November 2010.

Has nothing to do with Al Gore, but you're such a liar, you'll lie about anything.

You conflate other zinc mines with this one, typical of a liar like you.

Location hidden

#1195764 Sep 2, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to believe, Nutcase... You've been consistent over the years haten on winners. You nutcase consistently ugly and hateful in Wethersfield, Connecticunt ....
Yet you've attacked Veterans and decorated war heroes you draft dodger....
What an idiot you are nuc!!
We don't have a strategy
The Blind Lead!!
It's the culture...
Waxman No Suprise!~!

Your personality is that of a sociopath. Hence your multiple socks.

No culture..........
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195765 Sep 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when it gets to the 4,000 plus dead that Bush left behind in Iraq..........
Bush opened the door for ISIS by backing th eShiites in a Civil War.
And you're too stupid to understand a word of it.
Let’s see JFK/LBJ war 55,000, Obama Indecisiveness in Syria created Obama’s JV team Known as ISIS and to deal with this Monster he has No Strategy!!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1195766 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Isn't that playing by the same rules son?
Or do you selectively change them because it doesn't fit your needs?
You didn't answer the question

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1195767 Sep 2, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO... Al Gore was taught to be a custodian of OUR natural resources??
At least Koch brothers and Bush's Ranch is greener then Al Gore's Mansion you igmnorant idiot.
The Pasminco Zinc Mine, is situated on Gore's plantation you big time dumbass...
You dumbass neglect to mention that in a recent study the Environmental Protection Agency found Tennessee's water pollution to be the second-worst in the nation because of Gore you moron. And Gore avoids mentioning that he is directly responsible for Tennessee's water pollution, you loser.
Al Gore, the most hated man in Tennessee, whom lost his home state running for President and the worlds first "Carbon Billionaire" you retard...
The "Pasminco Zinc Mine" owned by the Gore family and is situated in the middle of Al Gore's plantation...- Al Gore... forever polluting the Caney Fork river in Tennessee, a major drinking water tributary and polluting the Cumberland River in Kentucky...- AL Gore's Zinc Mine pollution spreads in 2 states...
Aerial of Al Gore's Zinc mine poluting the earth....
http://www.informationliberation.com/...
It's the culture...
Only a moron would equate the damage the Koch brothers oil industry does to the environment to ONE zinc mine Al Gore may or may not be involved with.
You right wing idiots have zero logic capability. No wonder you're so easily manipulated by your wealthy handlers.
Its the culture.....
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195768 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's pretty much the reich wing answer for anything they don't agree with.
Heil Obama!!

Location hidden

#1195769 Sep 2, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
September 11, 2001 - 911 - Twin Towers 3,200 dead civilians! Incompetent President George Bush sets the Middle East on fire.
It's the culture...
Bush was President for 8 months, and you blame Clinton??

You're crazy, Waxman!!
'

'""We Will, In Fact, Be Greeted As Liberators""'- Dick Cheney

From Meet the Press, March 16 2003

Waxman No Suprise!~!

Your personality is that of a sociopath. Hence your multiple socks.

No culture..........

Location hidden

#1195770 Sep 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The stock market set several records during the Great Depression, moron.
You really need an education.
You're idiot.
Yes, but the records were all for record losses, just like what Bush did in 2008. DUH

Obama has the stock market hitting hiastorical record highs in th eS&P and DOW!!

Stay stupid, Dweeb, it's all you're good at.

Keep getting drunk and talking to your TV.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1195771 Sep 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Between GWB's Crawford Texas home and Kennebunkport home his father owns, Bush spent 516 days of the "vacation" days.
These vacations were at his home - none of which required costly five-star hotel fees, restaurants and security every place he went.
That's kind of a big difference.
Later.
The Obama's habit of separate vacations, he with his gay lovers, and her with the rugby team have cost the taxpayers over $525 Million Yankee bucks since moving in to the WH and the projected final vacation total is in excess of $600 Mil. There used to be a term used for Blacks like them, but lets just say they are Black Trash Rich.

Location hidden

#1195772 Sep 2, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
The FED has kept the economy afloat by printing money, devaluing the dollar, and buying bonds at around $100 Billion a month. Not going to check whatever gibberish you put out, because the economy is not healthy and the market is inflated intentionally to make it look good. I'm not complaining because I had a lot invested and made a ton, now I've gotten 60% out and in gold, silver, and platinum, with some diamonds.
You're a liar. A very stupid liar.

Nobody who believes the economy is crashing would be invested.

Nitwits like you have been calling for an economic collapse since Obama was elected. Now you lie and say you were invested and made a ton??

You're quite obviously a liar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1195773 Sep 2, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text>Now sing after me mmm mmm mmm Barak Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm don't follow the bouncing ball mmm mmm mmm Barak Hussein Obama.
"We don't have a strategy".....

- Baraq Hussein Obama - 8/28/2014.....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1195774 Sep 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moron doesn't know that the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) is the ObamaKare Death Panel.
Sure there's a death panel. I'll bet its made up of those bearded Boston Red Sox Muslims you warned us about.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195775 Sep 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody will ever take your Crown as dumbest poster on this thread!!
Hell, you support murderers like Tony Scott in NASCAR!!
A zinc mine owned by the Jersey Minière Zinc Co.
Discovered in 1969.
In 2010, Nyrstar company is reopening the zinc mines in the Carthage, Tennessee area which includes the Elmwood, Gordonsville and Cumberland mines. The Elmwood is being operated through the Gordonsville #3 shaft and incline. The first ore from the Elmwood was hoisted in November 2010.
Has nothing to do with Al Gore, but you're such a liar, you'll lie about anything.
You conflate other zinc mines with this one, typical of a liar like you.
At least Bush's Ranch is greener then Al Gore's Mansion you retard.... Al Gore, the most hated man in Tennessee, whom lost his home state ruuning as president and the worlds first "Carbon Billionaire" you idiot...

The "Pasminco Zinc Mine" owned by the Gore family and is situated in the middle of Al Gore's polluted plantation you retard... Al Gore forever polluting the Caney Fork river in Tennessee, a major drinking water tributary and polluting the Cumberland River in Kentucky...- AL Gore's Zinc Mine pollution spreads in 2 states...

Aerial of Al Gore's Pollution

Gore and you ignorant liberals neglect to mention that in a recent study the Environmental Protection Agency found Tennessee's water pollution to be the second-worst in the nation caused by Al Gore you retard. Yet... Gore avoids mentioning that he is directly responsible for Tennesse's water pollution you moron..

What a dumbass and idiot you are nuc.

The Blind Lead...
It's the culture..
Patrick

United States

#1195776 Sep 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out, this New Yorker magazine satirist isn't to be taken seriously.
And, yet, you post it again without the source or that it was written in the satire section by a satirist. Instead, you dig up old skeletons which you refuse to let lie in peace.
read it agains ...it is satire, but in a way are not you the same?
We love the new skeletons you post daily

Does remind of your posts which are also jokes?
G.O.P. chief Reince Priebus ripped President Obama on Sunday
for consuming three meals a day while on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard.
“With international crises boiling over in Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine, it’s unconscionable that the President is having breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” he said.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1195777 Sep 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when it gets to the 4,000 plus dead that Bush left behind in Iraq..........
Bush opened the door for ISIS by backing th eShiites in a Civil War.
And you're too stupid to understand a word of it.
Sotloff was a freelancer for Time, Foreign Policy Review and others. Foley was employed by the Global Post an online news service.

Neither of the two journalists was in the middle East on official US business and were there at their own risk. It's unlikely that the US government knew of the two prior to their capture.

Daniel Pearl who was beheaded in Pakistan in 2002 was employed by the Wall Street Journal and likewise was in Pakistan at his own risk. I don't recall Bush facing the barrage of media stupidity after the Pearl murder.
Patrick

United States

#1195778 Sep 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of young people are refusing to sign up for Obamacare..........
Name 17 young people who did not sign up?
Patrick

United States

#1195779 Sep 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sotloff was a freelancer for Time, Foreign Policy Review and others. Foley was employed by the Global Post an online news service.
Neither of the two journalists was in the middle East on official US business and were there at their own risk. It's unlikely that the US government knew of the two prior to their capture.
Daniel Pearl who was beheaded in Pakistan in 2002 was employed by the Wall Street Journal and likewise was in Pakistan at his own risk. I don't recall Bush facing the barrage of media stupidity after the Pearl murder.
Take Down ISIS now !
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195780 Sep 2, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moron would equate the damage the Koch brothers oil industry does to the environment to ONE zinc mine Al Gore may or may not be involved with.
You right wing idiots have zero logic capability. No wonder you're so easily manipulated by your wealthy handlers.
Its the culture.....
Your wealthy handlers you dumbass. Fraud Al Gore, the most hated man in Tennessee, the worlds first "Carbon Billionaire" you idiot...

Tennessee's water pollution is second-worst in the nation you dumbass... And Al Gore and you idiots avoid mentioning that Gore is directly responsible for Tennessee's water pollution you dumbass..

Aerial of Al Gore's Pollution and Zinc mine for you retard...

The Blind Lead...

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1195781 Sep 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
I missed a lot of the Michael Brown discussion, but it's not that hard to understand. I know how the Michael Brown shooting could have been prevented.
Suppose there was no such thing as football, and the Missouri Tigers' offensive line owned and operated the store Michael Brown looted right before he was shot. Michael Brown would have been too much of a coward to try to steal from someone who would kick the shit out of him.
If Michael Brown had been taught to be an honest man instead of a thief and coward, he would never have looted that store, and would never have beat up the cop that blew him to hell.
Two cases where worthless shitbags got blown to hell by people they attacked. Two cases where Obama joins the shitbag side..... in both cases, the worthless shitbags were black.
The last thing Michael Brown did before he was shot was loot a store. The first thing the so-called "protesters" did was loot a store. What idiot still wonders what this is all about? Obama is telling you black people are special and can loot your store, and you can't do anything about it. Eric Holder showed up to drive that point home.
And I might add that this situation is not going to get better but only worse as long as the Racist Pig remains inside the White House fanning the flames.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1195782 Sep 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
War was declared on western civilization thirteen years ago on September 11.
When Defense Secretary publicly stated that ISIL is “beyond anything that we’ve seen” and poses a greater terrorism threat than Al Qaeda, doing nothing certainly means we have no chance of winning.
Is that something you don't understand or just don't want to understand?
Who says where doing nothing nitwit? Our airstrikes have allowed the Kurds to retake the Mosul dam.
And who can we thank for this stupid? Your hero George W Bush whose invasion set this whole sequence of events in motion.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr John-K 318,257
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Chosen Traveler 34,429
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,889
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web