Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762741 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195255 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>none.
yet most people who call themselves deists usually take their concept of a god from one of the common religious practices and just tweak it a bit to call it their own...
funny how no two separated societies have ever come up with the same concept of what god is...if there were a real god he would be able to make his prescence known to all wouldn't he? maybe he got caught up watching the game on TV or something...
That's pretty much what I have always maintained. If there is a God why would the entire world be so confused about who, how and when? He would had to know of all of the confusion. Personally I believe God is the biggest hoax ever pulled on mankind. While religion in general is the scourge of the earth.I do not condemn those that believe otherwise, that is only my belief, and if there is a God then he or she knows my belief is real.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195256 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but FDR was never a "golfing President".....
the entire subject is trivial, anyway......
the problem with Obama's golfing is not the golf, but his lack of attention to important issues....
seems he is clearly able to do both, regardless of what you were told to parrot.

i've seen people do millions dollar business deals while golfing...i am sure if people even whisper while you golf you can't make it through the windmill or clown's mouth, huh? gives you a sense of your capabilities and place in the real world, dear...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195257 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect like the vast majority of golfers he plays for the enjoyment, please tell us what sport you are proficient at? Keeping in mind that bitching and complaining isn't really a sport. I'm betting my old lady could beat you at any sport you wish to name. Be sure and bring your crying towel.
Obama throws like a girl,so any lady can likely beat him in any sport.
If Obama is hitting between 95 and 115,I'm impressed because I don't think he is even the slightest athletic. Obama can't even throw a baseball or a football. My friend , Mark Rypien is close to the same age as Obama and he hits in the 70's. Rypien " was a star three-sport athlete at Shadle Park High School, and led the Highlanders to the state title in basketball as a senior in 1981. All three of his varsity numbers (football, basketball, and baseball) were later retired by the school."

St. Croix valley

#1195258 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much what I have always maintained. If there is a God why would the entire world be so confused about who, how and when? He would had to know of all of the confusion. Personally I believe God is the biggest hoax ever pulled on mankind. While religion in general is the scourge of the earth.I do not condemn those that believe otherwise, that is only my belief, and if there is a God then he or she knows my belief is real.
maybe there really are thousands of gods and we just have to pick the right one?!? if mythology has taught us anything, it is that backing the wrong god has baaaad consequences...kind of a cage match of the gods..

but then of course there would be at least one teensy weensy shred of evidence of some god, gods or goddesses existing,and there is not one shred.

St. Croix valley

#1195259 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Obama throws like a girl,so any lady can likely beat him in any sport.
If Obama is hitting between 95 and 115,I'm impressed because I don't think he is even the slightest athletic. Obama can't even throw a baseball or a football. My friend , Mark Rypien is close to the same age as Obama and he hits in the 70's. Rypien " was a star three-sport athlete at Shadle Park High School, and led the Highlanders to the state title in basketball as a senior in 1981. All three of his varsity numbers (football, basketball, and baseball) were later retired by the school."
my dad layed semi pro ball and easily could have made the show but chose business instead..good choice, ballplyers ddin't make squat back then.

he played golf most fo his life and never got out of the 80's i have played golf with Roy Smalley, world series winning baseball player, and while he is good at the game, he couldn't go pro. being good at one sport does not mean you will be good at another..
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195260 Sep 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush gave up golf because he was no good at it. Claiming it had something to do with supporting our soldiers was a convenient political opportunity. If he really wanted to make a meaningful gesture, he should have given up mountain bike riding...something he actually enjoyed.
If Obama cared about our country he would give up telling lies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1195261 Sep 1, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boston Bombers?
Benghazi.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195262 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Obama throws like a girl,so any lady can likely beat him in any sport.
I suspect in Obama's case his best game is Basketball, but he enjoys playing golf and so do I but I'm not really that good, so in a sense I think you are making an unfair assessment of him. I have won a National championship in Baseball, and three time I have been on a National championship softball team, also my college scholarship was on my ability to play Baseball, and now I have now won two different corn hole tournaments, so I'm betting I could make you look like a girl also. Frankie.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195263 Sep 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> BULLSHIT!!!
We asked SI Golf Group staffer to rank the top 10 golfing presidents based on their skill, passion and contribution to the game. Since no one was that familiar with President Taft's short game, we limited the poll to presidents since FDR. Here's our top 10..
1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Bill Clinton
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Barack Obama
6. Gerald Ford
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George W. Bush
9. Richard M. Nixon
10. Ronald Reagan
From all the video I have seen of Obama ,he must be a terrible golfer. Obama might just look like a bad golfer because he is left handed and it looks awkward. Considering that tax payers have been paying his way to golf for the past seven and a half years,he should have improved his game considerably more than what he looks now.

St. Croix valley

#1195264 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
why would he even run for president if he didn't care about this country?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1195265 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has been far more effective against terrorism than was the Bush- Cheney debacle.
Yeah, there's hardly any sign of them at all..... Sneak out of the rest home once in a while and watch some news. FOX, preferably.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195266 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my dad layed semi pro ball and easily could have made the show but chose business instead..good choice, ballplyers ddin't make squat back then.
he played golf most fo his life and never got out of the 80's i have played golf with Roy Smalley, world series winning baseball player, and while he is good at the game, he couldn't go pro. being good at one sport does not mean you will be good at another..
I am to old to play competitive sports today,but if I spent as much time practicing everyday as professional athletes I'm sure I could make a free throw.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195267 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems a tad hypocritical seeing as how many you have told on here, Frankie.
Tiger

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#1195268 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seems he is clearly able to do both, regardless of what you were told to parrot.
i've seen people do millions dollar business deals while golfing...i am sure if people even whisper while you golf you can't make it through the windmill or clown's mouth, huh? gives you a sense of your capabilities and place in the real world, dear...
Hi Lawnmower Boy,
I've watched you all buckled up in your handicapped mower while I was making million dollar deals on the green.

Tell me, do you feel this much angst watching the weed-whacker boy do his job on his feet while you sit all buckled into your special lawnmower?

Does it bother you that I make million dollar deals and weed-whacker boy has a real life too?

Are you pissed at your caretakers for not taking you out today to enjoy one of the biggest holidays of the year?

Very simple questions, please answer directly and honestly and I'll check back later...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195269 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> why would he even run for president if he didn't care about this country?
Obama has made it clear that he hates our country,he has spent his adult life trying to destroy our country. Romney was the candidate that only ran because he loves our country.

St. Croix valley

#1195270 Sep 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's hardly any sign of them at all..... Sneak out of the rest home once in a while and watch some news. FOX, preferably.
ow many thousands of americans have died under his watch to terrorists?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1195271 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mdbuilder…RealDave is a Prime Candidate for ISIS!!
No shit. He lost his head over Obama. Same ideology. Same religion. Why not?

St. Croix valley

#1195272 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has made it clear that he hates our country,he has spent his adult life trying to destroy our country. Romney was the candidate that only ran because he loves our country.
what an idiot you are...you are the exact same as the fools that said that about Bush for eight years.

mindless parrot is the best you will ever achieve in this world...hope you get a ribbon or something for it...

what a tool you are!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1195273 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I am to old to play competitive sports today,but if I spent as much time practicing everyday as professional athletes I'm sure I could make a free throw.
Could you make 70% of 500 plus FT opportunities?

Face it Frank you're a moron and the only person posting here who's dumber than Flack.

St. Croix valley

#1195274 Sep 1, 2014
Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lawnmower Boy,
I've watched you all buckled up in your handicapped mower while I was making million dollar deals on the green.
Tell me, do you feel this much angst watching the weed-whacker boy do his job on his feet while you sit all buckled into your special lawnmower?
Does it bother you that I make million dollar deals and weed-whacker boy has a real life too?
Are you pissed at your caretakers for not taking you out today to enjoy one of the biggest holidays of the year?
Very simple questions, please answer directly and honestly and I'll check back later...
sure pal...sure..

i hope this brief moment of fantasy will get you through your meaningless life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min susanm 341,329
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Max Nikias 35,956
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480