Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582530 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194642 Aug 30, 2014
Reich wingers should be happy now.

Oh wait,... they support ISIS....

Ok, they should be REALLY upset now!!!!

"Australia to fly guns and ammunition into Iraq

By Associated Press

POSTED: 01:39 p.m. HST, Aug 30, 2014
LAST UPDATED: 01:39 p.m. HST, Aug 30, 2014

CANBERRA, Australia >> Australian military aircraft will fly guns and ammunition into Iraq to help fight Islamic State militants, Australia's prime minister said on Sunday.

"The United States government has requested that Australia help to transport stores of military equipment, including arms and munitions, as part of a multi-nation effort," Prime Minister Tony Abbott said in a statement.

"Royal Australian Air Force C-130 Hercules and C-17 Globemaster aircraft will join aircraft from other nations including Canada, Italy, France, the United Kingdom and the United States to conduct this important task," Abbott added.

He did not say when the air drops would begin, but News Corp. newspaper reported in Sunday that the transport aircraft based at al-Minhad Air Base outside Dubai could fly their first mission within days.

Australian C-130s had previously made humanitarian air drops including food and water to thousands of people stranded by fighting on Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq.

"Australia's contribution will continue to be coordinated with the government of Iraq and regional countries," Abbott said.

"The situation in Iraq represents a humanitarian catastrophe," he said.

"Australia remains in close contact with the United States and other international partners and we will continue to work to alleviate the humanitarian situation in Iraq and address the security threat posed by ISIL," he added, referring to the al-Qaida splinter group leading Sunni militants in Iraq, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which now calls itself simply Islamic State.

The Australian government has said it is open to the prospect of launching air strikes against Islamic State militant targets, subject to invitations from the U.S. and Iraq governments.

Australia estimates 60 of its citizens are fighting for the Islamic State group and another al-Qaida offshoot Jabhat al-Nursa, also known as the Nusra Front in Iraq and Syria. Another 15 Australian fighters had been killed, including two young suicide bombers...."
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194643 Aug 30, 2014
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194644 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> You had to be on something DEVIL talking the way you do, either drugs or that cigar.
Funny. I suspected you were off yours, speaking the way you do son.

Or it's an inherent mental disorder.

I won't ask you to pick since I know it's beyond your abilities!!!!
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194645 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> You had to be on something DEVIL talking the way you do, either drugs or that cigar.
WHATEVER, DUDE.. YOU WASN'T THERE... THANK GOODNESS...
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194648 Aug 30, 2014
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194649 Aug 30, 2014
Oooooo! This should make Easyeed mad... they're using drones!!!!

"US launches air strikes on IS rebels near Mosul dam: Pentagon
AFP
7 hours ago

Washington (AFP)- The US military launched fresh attacks on Islamic State forces in Iraq, using fighter aircraft and drones to carry out strikes near the Mosul dam, the Pentagon said on Saturday.

"The strikes destroyed an ISIL armed vehicle, an ISIL fighting position, ISIL weapons, and significantly damaged an ISIL building," a US Defense Department statement said, referring to the IS forces also known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

"All aircraft exited the strike areas safely."

The statement put out by US Central Command, based in Tampa, Florida, said the strikes were conducted to support Kurdish and Iraqi troops, "as well as to protect critical infrastructure, US personnel and facilities, and support humanitarian efforts."

The statement said that US Central Command so far has conducted a total of 115 air strikes across Iraq.

The United States earlier this week also used aircraft and drones to strike targets in northern Iraq to try to rein in Islamic State militants, who have seized a large swath of territory in the region.

Iraq is struggling to regain significant parts of the country after a lightning militant offensive led by the IS seized second city Mosul in June and swept through the country's Sunni heartland, as security forces fled.

US air strikes on Sunday also targeted the Mosul area, as Iraqi and Kurdish forces endeavor to wrest back some of rebel held territory.

The latest US air support came as Iraq launched a major military operation Saturday to oust the rebels from the town of Amerli, after a two-month-long siege by the jihadists...."
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194650 Aug 30, 2014
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194651 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> I was never good at contractions, let me try again, YOU'RE A SOCIALIST none of your cohorts refuted that post I wrote you' re the only one, you best change your name.
THA'S TOO BAD, DUDE... I WAS ALWAYS AN EXPERT AT CONTRACTIONS...
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1194653 Aug 30, 2014

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1194655 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> I was never good at contractions, let me try again, YOU'RE A SOCIALIST none of your cohorts refuted that post I wrote you' re the only one, you best change your name.
what cohorts do i have? why would e feel a need to refute such bullshit but me? i think everyone here knows i need no defending. you n the other hand, could use some serious help here. you got yourself up to your nostrils in your own shit...

so how has socialism always failed, stewie?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194656 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> What is Obama gonna fly into Iraq to help fight ISIS, a Titleist golf ball from the fifth hole?
lol! awwwww.... poor baby.

You must have missed the other article I just posted.

That's ok son. It's not like REAL information interests you anyway....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194660 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> Why the fk would you give the enemy secrets? Even the patriots dressed up as Indians, when they dumped that tea in Boston Harbor to throw off the enemy.
Because they can't do a damn thing about it?

wow.... that was easy......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194662 Aug 30, 2014
Dang! It blisters me that Galt can actually be right....

"Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 1:38AM EDT - US Markets are closed

Police Officer Will Not Be Charged For Killing Napster Exec While Texting And Driving Because It's Apparently OK For Police To Do That
Business Insider
By Jim Edwards August 29, 2014 5:59 AM

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy Andrew Wood will not be charged for fatally running over former Napster COO Milton Olin Jr. in his patrol car while the officer was typing a message into his computer.

We first saw the news on Valleywag, but there is good coverage in the Daily News and LAist.

The instance exposes the different way that law enforcement officials are treated versus civilians in cases where a person is killed because of texting while driving.

It's illegal to text and drive in California; the state has a specific law against it. Civilians caught doing it can expect to face charges. But a report from the Los Angeles District Attorney's office shows that the rules may be applied differently to cops.

The incident involving Olin and Wood happened in December 2013 in Calabasas, California. Olin, a key figure at the peer-to-peer music-sharing company that pioneered the online music download industry, was cycling in the bicycle lane when he was killed instantly by Wood's patrol car.

Wood drifted into the bicycle lane while typing a reply to a colleague who wanted to know whether any other officers were required to attend a fire reported at a high school he had just left. He was trying to tell the other officer that no further backup was needed.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's report into the incident says that even though it is illegal to text and drive, Wood was not negligent because police officers are expected to respond quickly to messages from colleagues:

Wood had also been texting his wife from his personal phone minutes before the crash, but those texts were not thought to have contributed to Wood's inattention while driving, the DA's office said.

In a statement taken at the scene, Wood claimed that Olin had veered into his lane. The DA reported that the opposite was true."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194663 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the son part dad?
Who cares, son?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1194664 Aug 30, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Dang! It blisters me that Galt can actually be right....
"Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 1:38AM EDT - US Markets are closed
Police Officer Will Not Be Charged For Killing Napster Exec While Texting And Driving Because It's Apparently OK For Police To Do That
Business Insider
By Jim Edwards August 29, 2014 5:59 AM
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy Andrew Wood will not be charged for fatally running over former Napster COO Milton Olin Jr. in his patrol car while the officer was typing a message into his computer.
We first saw the news on Valleywag, but there is good coverage in the Daily News and LAist.
The instance exposes the different way that law enforcement officials are treated versus civilians in cases where a person is killed because of texting while driving.
It's illegal to text and drive in California; the state has a specific law against it. Civilians caught doing it can expect to face charges. But a report from the Los Angeles District Attorney's office shows that the rules may be applied differently to cops.
The incident involving Olin and Wood happened in December 2013 in Calabasas, California. Olin, a key figure at the peer-to-peer music-sharing company that pioneered the online music download industry, was cycling in the bicycle lane when he was killed instantly by Wood's patrol car.
Wood drifted into the bicycle lane while typing a reply to a colleague who wanted to know whether any other officers were required to attend a fire reported at a high school he had just left. He was trying to tell the other officer that no further backup was needed.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's report into the incident says that even though it is illegal to text and drive, Wood was not negligent because police officers are expected to respond quickly to messages from colleagues:
Wood had also been texting his wife from his personal phone minutes before the crash, but those texts were not thought to have contributed to Wood's inattention while driving, the DA's office said.
In a statement taken at the scene, Wood claimed that Olin had veered into his lane. The DA reported that the opposite was true."
and no rioting and looting by white cyclists.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194666 Aug 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and no rioting and looting by white cyclists.....
That maybe, but Napster isn't exactly a 'loved' company by the entertainment industry.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194667 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't some one say earlier Laura Bush was a killer? Look up the word MALICE dad.
Why son?

You have a point?

Spit it out. Actually show you're a real reich winger for a change and do the work yourself instead of demanding others do it for you.

It simply makes you look weak... as usual....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1194668 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't some one say earlier Laura Bush was a killer? Look up the word MALICE dad.
texting while driving is just as dangerous as driving slightly above the legal alcohol limit and should be treated in a similar manner....for police as well as civilians....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1194671 Aug 30, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> Just like a LIBERAL making us Republicans do the WORK for you.PS This shit is to easy.
lol! Of course son.

You take the easy road out... no brains required!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1194673 Aug 30, 2014
"We don't have a strategy".....

- Baraq Hussein Obama - 8/28/2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Times pharts 33,688
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr susan9828 316,354
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web