Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404249 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1194179 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you misunderstood and wasted a compliment. I undoubtedly and without reservation believe in the existence of the one true God. Through the one who was sent in His name.
The God Jesus claimed to be was not the same God described in Genesis who led the Jews through the desert and the ensuing books in the Old Testament through Judges. There are too many references to what now very much resembles extraterrestrial encounters.
In The New Testament, Jesus recanted some of the old Jewish laws and gave a new message of love, compassion, mercy and forgiveness and revealed a loving, compassionate, merciful and forgiving God. I believe that message.
jesus actually preached for stricter adherence to the laws of moses.
he clearly said he was not he son of any god.

so why did this supposed,(actually, proven false god) condone slavery? is this the loving kind of god you would kneel to? really? doesn't that say something horrible about your morals? and your supposed god's morals?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1194180 Aug 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
....woulda, coulda, shoulda..... Putin backed Obama clear off the stage a**hole. Every opponent he's encountered cows him down. He's everything an America President was never supposed to be. No wonder you get all goggle-eyed and wet your pants whenever you look at that poster of him above your bed.
There is a teenage boy wandering the halls of the White House.

--- in a Tan Suit his mamma gave him.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1194181 Aug 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mindless gibberish.
Laughable post for someone who pays squat in taxes__and took early SS benefits rather than deal with the pressure cooker of working from home.
What's laughable is you contradicting yourself in the same post.

And what I do is my business. Mind your own.

Orlando, FL

#1194182 Aug 29, 2014
You libs are gonna love this too. In a poll from Boston's Suffolk University in 2011, more than a quarter of the nation said Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-w...

O'Reilly came in on top in 2012 and 2013 as well.

Orlando, FL

#1194183 Aug 29, 2014
Just to be clear, I undoubtedly and without reservation believe in the existence of the one true God. Through the one who was sent in His name.

I also undoubtedly and without reservation believe that extraterrestrials interacted with ancient peoples and civilizations all over the world.

St. Croix valley

#1194184 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Just to be clear, I undoubtedly and without reservation believe in the existence of the one true God. Through the one who was sent in His name.
I also undoubtedly and without reservation believe that extraterrestrials interacted with ancient peoples and civilizations all over the world.
you seem to believe in lots of things that have not one shred of evidence to support them.(and one already proven false god...)

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1194185 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Putin is really beginning to remind me of that 1930's Germany guy for invading another country....
He's even using the same reasons. Is it still local matter or should somebody stop him?

Orlando, FL

#1194186 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria didn't spawn ISIS, Iraq did. Bush's invasion of Iraq did that.
Usually I just ignore you but not this time. The threat of jihadist Islamists began long before 9/11. Long before the Iraq War.

If we had not dropped one bomb in Iraq or put one soldier on the ground, the threat of jihadist Islam would still be a threat to the civilized world.

Infidels are the enemy. They are in a jihadist war against the infidels - all non-Muslims. Unless you are a Muslim, you, too, are the infidel.

Your liberalism can't protect you from this reality. And your being so easily misled just makes it easier for them.

St. Croix valley

#1194188 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually I just ignore you but not this time. The threat of jihadist Islamists began long before 9/11. Long before the Iraq War.
If we had not dropped one bomb in Iraq or put one soldier on the ground, the threat of jihadist Islam would still be a threat to the civilized world.
Infidels are the enemy. They are in a jihadist war against the infidels - all non-Muslims. Unless you are a Muslim, you, too, are the infidel.
Your liberalism can't protect you from this reality. And your being so easily misled just makes it easier for them.
you should keep ignoring me, dear, you aren't even close to my level of intelligence and knowledge.

what does this have to do with you posting incorrectly that ISIS was spawned in syria?

crawl back in your hole, fool...

St. Croix valley

#1194189 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
and once again, nothing i ever post would suggest i am a liberal, as i am not one.

again this is you being proved to be a fool by me, so you instantly think i must be who you were told your enemy is...your true enemy is the truth, dear. real conservatives like me will continue to point that out to you.

Orlando, FL

#1194190 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! "Proven?!?!?!?!"
You really are brain washed son....
Check out the ratings. They speak for themselves.

"To no one's surprise, Fox News was on top again in July."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/29/cabl...

July 2014 Ratings: Fox News Marks 151 Straight Months At #1.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/july-2014...

Orlando, FL

#1194191 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How about John McCain and his first wife son?
You are one confused individual. The only reason John Edwards was even mentioned was to point out the hypocrisy on the left of them pointing the first finger.

It wasn't an opportunity for you to keep doing it. Now put that pointy little finger away.

St. Croix valley

#1194192 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the ratings. They speak for themselves.
"To no one's surprise, Fox News was on top again in July."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/29/cabl...
July 2014 Ratings: Fox News Marks 151 Straight Months At #1.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/july-2014...
generally, ratings in the US public would indicate the worst show, wouldn't they? wasn't american idol the top show for years?

and the best news show on the air, the McNeil Lehrer newshour was consistantly rated the lowest by ratings...

but then idiot lemmings like you can't be bothered with truth and the facts, can you?

Orlando, FL

#1194193 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Republicans sure are eager to criticize Obama's foreign policy without presenting any sane solutions of their own.
Rand Paul's answer to Syria... "seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."
That's right, let's just ignore international law and attack unilaterally. After all, that stategy worked out sooo well under the Bush administration. What's wrong with these people? Just makes me more and more grateful that we don't have a conservative sitting in the oval office.
Obama doesn't understand the process of governing a two-party system and leadership. Never has. Republicans gave up after being demonized at every opportunity. Even set up to be demonized.

With Obama, it's party and politics first. Country second.

You should have figured that out by now.

Orlando, FL

#1194195 Aug 29, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Or putting you in a gas chamber and using Zyklon B, like a certain little Catholic boy did to millions
or commit ethnic cleasening and genocide like the orthodox christian Serbs did
or commit genocide of the native American Indians like those good European Christians did
or serve kool aid like Jim Jones
Just about every religion has its fanatics that commit artocities in the name of their god. That's the trouoble when you mix religion, politics and gov't. One can justify just about anything in the name of their god.
<quoted text>
Pray tell, where do you martyrs come up with this persecution complex. Only a christian can cry oh poor me, I'm being persecuted by the atheists wwhen the population is what 80% Christian and probably less than 5% atheists.
NEWFLASH: NO ONE IS TRYING TO PREVENT YOU FROM PRACTICING YOUR RELIGION, OR FRIGGIN EXPRESSING THOSE BELIEFS.
Just don't do it with gov't money, on gov't land, in gov't institutions, on public lands, in public schools and please
DON'T TRY TO IMPOSE YOUR RELIGIOUS DOGMA ON THE REST OF US.
<quoted text>
By what logic did you come to the conclusion that we liberals support ISIS and radical Islam.
Try actually listening to what we have to say, rather than what Fox News is selectively editing.
Ask yourself, why would an Atheist who want to keep Christianity out of our gov't support Islam or any other religion for that matter.
Heck its bad enough dealing with the wacko christian evangelical fundalmentalist here in the states, do you really think we would support even loonier tunes
conservative, only capable of binary logic, its the culture
Extremism is not what constitutes Judeo-Christian beliefs.

What Christian beliefs could possibly be a threat? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Loving God with all you heart, with all your soul and with all your mind? Forgiveness? Compassion? Mercy?

Or is it just about abortion and you are so hardened in your liberal self-righteousness that killing the unborn seems a perfectly normal human behavior instead of anything less than barbaric?

Orlando, FL

#1194196 Aug 29, 2014
DAVID CAMERON: This threat [ISIS] can not be solved simply by dealing with the perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. Nor can it be dealt with by addressing poverty, dictatorship, or instability in the region, as important as those are. The root cause of the threat to our security is quite clear. There is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faith and by all faith leaders. It believes in using the most brutal form of terrorism to force people to accept a warped world view and to live in an almost medieval state.

We have seen this extremism here before in our own country: We saw it with the sickening murder of Lee Rigby, the homegrown 7/7 bombers who blew up two trains and buses. The links between what happens overseas and what happens here has also always been there. Many of those who have sought to do us harm in the past have been foreign nations living in Britain, or even British citizens who return from terrorist training camps in Pakistan or elsewhere around the world. What we're facing in Iraq now with ISIS now is a greater and deeper threat to our security than we have known before.

...I want David Cameron to be my president.

Orlando, FL

#1194197 Aug 29, 2014
Guess I'll come back later. Starting to feel like I'm in a woodtick episode of the Twilight Zone.

St. Croix valley

#1194198 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
DAVID CAMERON: This threat [ISIS] can not be solved simply by dealing with the perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. Nor can it be dealt with by addressing poverty, dictatorship, or instability in the region, as important as those are. The root cause of the threat to our security is quite clear. There is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faith and by all faith leaders. It believes in using the most brutal form of terrorism to force people to accept a warped world view and to live in an almost medieval state.
We have seen this extremism here before in our own country: We saw it with the sickening murder of Lee Rigby, the homegrown 7/7 bombers who blew up two trains and buses. The links between what happens overseas and what happens here has also always been there. Many of those who have sought to do us harm in the past have been foreign nations living in Britain, or even British citizens who return from terrorist training camps in Pakistan or elsewhere around the world. What we're facing in Iraq now with ISIS now is a greater and deeper threat to our security than we have known before.
...I want David Cameron to be my president.
he runs a far more socialized nation than the US, fool.

it is fun to watch you make a fool of yourself...

St. Croix valley

#1194199 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremism is not what constitutes Judeo-Christian beliefs.
What Christian beliefs could possibly be a threat? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Loving God with all you heart, with all your soul and with all your mind? Forgiveness? Compassion? Mercy?
Or is it just about abortion and you are so hardened in your liberal self-righteousness that killing the unborn seems a perfectly normal human behavior instead of anything less than barbaric?
certainly it is. your proven false god condones slavery and the killing of those who do not believe the same as you do. even jesus would have wiped his land clean of all but the jews,(except for the slaves, of course) genocidal jesus, and you worship these freaks! what made you so immoral?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1194200 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Can guarantee all those men who were lined up and shot in the back by ISIS and all those women and children who were raped by ISIS and anyone who lost their head because of ISIS and all those people who were killed by Assad's WMDs could care less if we are "invited" to kill ISIS or think of it as an act of "aggression".
Have you lost your ever lovin' mind? "Coordinated with the government"?? "Considered as aggression"??
This isn't Sweden. Syria lost any rights to sovereignty when they spawned a new evil called ISIS.
By not respecting the sovereignty of other nations, we inflame the public sentiments of those residing in those countries. Haven't you figured that out by now? The United States isn't the only one with sovereign rights. As one "U.S. official" pointed out, the Syrians "are the ones who give final say on whether or not a mission gets conducted. That's how the process works."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min ChristineM 255,972
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr Brian_G 311,489
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 16 hr litesong 9,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web