Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683800 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194095 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you cheered these guys on son.
and you yuk yuked all damn day when Occupy Wall Streeters poo poo'd on police cars and raped chicks!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194096 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can convince me that China and India give a flying fig about anything that comes out of Obama's mouth - since they are the two biggest contributors to pollution - then you can defend him wanting to punish US by raising our taxes.
And unless Obama can push back the waters by decreeing it to be because he speaks it into being, there isn't much any of us can do about nature and what it's going to do all by itself.
That's why you liberals are much too clueless. You think you can control the actions of others and even nature by defending a president who is clearly out of touch with reality.
Can't get much more clueless than that.
lol!'Convincing' you is illogical son.

Because you are illogical.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194097 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new Public Policy Polling nationwide survey.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/320...
But that was in 2010.
More recently in January 2014:
35% of Americans say they trust Fox News more than any other TV news outlet, followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/...
You and sonic might have to stop considering Comedy Central as a news outlet.
lol! Ooooooooh! This is like saying Romney was 'proven' to be president on election night!

I get it!

The proof is your opinion.

Now that makes sense!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194098 Aug 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
and you yuk yuked all damn day when Occupy Wall Streeters poo poo'd on police cars and raped chicks!!!!
lol! Well gee son! I guess that means you ARE and ISIS supporter!!!!

Congratulations on your minuscule honesty!!!

Must be a new feeling for you, eh?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194099 Aug 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who are Mentally Challenges, Step Number One.. Secure the Border!!
When are you leaving son?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194100 Aug 29, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist....

'The Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed global warming regulations aren’t just about stemming global temperature rises — according to agency’s chief, they are also about “justice” for “communities of color.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/epa-chief-c...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1194101 Aug 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
Harry Reid’s Alma Matter Dumps His Name From Building I’m surprise he didn’t take to the Floor blaming Republicans/Conservatives for this!!
Why should Reid care if his name is removed? The school only attached Reid’s name to the Outdoor Center as a ploy to get donations from Reid and his friends. It didn't work. Republicans offered up $40,000 in donations if the school removed Reid's name. No big deal. Utah is, after all, a very conservative state and Reid's Alma "Matter" (sic) needs funds to survive. No one cares. Especially Reid.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1194102 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! "Proven?!?!?!?!"
You really are brain washed son....
Hah__more "Americans" watch Nickelodon__than FOX News.

And many who don't even have cable/satellite etc claim to be regular viewers. I guess they watch it at the VFW, AMVETS, Church of God and such.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1194103 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you posted the entire quote, you would have known Jefferson was referring to institutionalized religion, i.e. priests.
This quote is much more prophetic when it comes to progressive liberals today.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
~Thomas Jefferson, speech to Virginia House of Delegates, November, 1776
So tell that to your other liberal pals and Realtime. What people choose to believe takes no skin of yours or anyone else's nose. Unless they believe in beheading you.
So please stop trying to silence the freedom to express one's religious beliefs.
Jefferson assumed we'd never become so barbaric as to kill human life out of a selfish convenience. So don't go there. Killing human life was wrong then and still wrong today.
Liberals have just become more tolerant of barbarism and selfishness.
History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.

-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816

'mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus'

gee whiz carol, BillO thinks he's a priest of Jesus. and not a Priest of Jesus.

take another shot girl. cause It sure as heck says Freedom from Religion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1194104 Aug 29, 2014
Herman Cain took the conservative rhetoric of "impeachment bait" to the next level on Thursday by theorizing that President Obama is actually trying to get impeached in order to "laugh at the Republicans."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/herman-...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1194105 Aug 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking
....conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/27/colb...
dupes.
How many hundreds of people did they ask?

Conservatives don't watch Colbert.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194106 Aug 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah__more "Americans" watch Nickelodon__than FOX News.
And many who don't even have cable/satellite etc claim to be regular viewers. I guess they watch it at the VFW, AMVETS, Church of God and such.
They've been sniffing their own product....
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1194107 Aug 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194108 Aug 29, 2014
Gentle Giant....

'Breaking: Explosive lawsuit reveals Michael Brown’s juvenile record has charge for Second Degree Murder…'

http://youngcons.com/explosive-new-lawsuit-fi...
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1194109 Aug 29, 2014

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1194110 Aug 29, 2014
Republicans sure are eager to criticize Obama's foreign policy without presenting any sane solutions of their own.

Rand Paul's answer to Syria... "seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

That's right, let's just ignore international law and attack unilaterally. After all, that stategy worked out sooo well under the Bush administration. What's wrong with these people? Just makes me more and more grateful that we don't have a conservative sitting in the oval office.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194111 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should Reid care if his name is removed? The school only attached Reid’s name to the Outdoor Center as a ploy to get donations from Reid and his friends. It didn't work. Republicans offered up $40,000 in donations if the school removed Reid's name. No big deal. Utah is, after all, a very conservative state and Reid's Alma "Matter" (sic) needs funds to survive. No one cares. Especially Reid.
Reid is a megalomaniac...he SURE DOES f'ing care....

nice try though...
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1194112 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No son. It's you reich wingers who supported Syria and laughed at Obama and cooed for Putin who support ISIS.
Thanks for killing off the illusion of left wing intelligence once and for all. You and Colbert are just as dumb as the ghetto inbreds who desperately look to you.

Putin supports ISIS like he supports the Islamic nutjobs who are invading his country.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194113 Aug 29, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'U.S. Hikes Fee To Renounce Citizenship By 422%'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/0...
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1194114 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Republicans sure are eager to criticize Obama's foreign policy without presenting any sane solutions of their own.
Rand Paul's answer to Syria... "seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."
That's right, let's just ignore international law and attack unilaterally. After all, that stategy worked out sooo well under the Bush administration. What's wrong with these people? Just makes me more and more grateful that we don't have a conservative sitting in the oval office.
I swear you all get dumber and dumber every day.

How the hell can international law apply with ISIS around ignoring the sovereignty of 2 nations and attempting to genocide multiple religious and ethnic minorities supposedly protected by both national and international law?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min June VanDerMark 326,485
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr hojo 12,050
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web