Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396592 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192130 Aug 26, 2014
Flacks schedule for the day....Wake up as stupid as when he went to bed.. Start copying and pasting mindless posts from far right web sights, [it inforces his very low self esteem] followed by 20 reminders that Liberals are libtards. All the while collecting money and perks that some liberal made possible, [it's a hypocrisy thing] does this for about 7-8 hours or until another poster infuriates the whiney wimp, then he hurls a few expletives and vanishes into flake world. Only to appear again the next day.
Dix

United States

#1192131 Aug 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX= Fanatical Obsessed Xenophobes. It's the only watering hole for the old obsessed Wildebeest. So in your senility enjoy loser.
Shame on you. Only Moochelle and Valerie Jarrett can called Hillary "Wildebeast"...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1192132 Aug 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
yep but try to convince half the loony tunes on here of that.
I have always said it was the Republican's fault Obama got elected.

If they had not taken us from a balanced budget to near complete economic destruction, they might have won.

If in 2008, we had a balanced budged, completed the Afghan mission, not invaded Iraq, not doubled the debt,. not created the worst recession in 80 years, any Republican would have won.

Heck, McCain could have picked his buddy Lieberman for VP & won in a landslide.

Obama won because Republicans sucked. End of story.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1192134 Aug 26, 2014
We as Republicans/Conservatives do understand and acknowledge why Liberals/Democrats are either Misinform or simply Uninform the Evidence is IN!!

Fox news continues moving UP…. FOX NEWS Hits Ratings Highs, MSNBC Sputters in Busy News Week, Bloodbath at CNN, HLN: Axing of 550 Jobs 'Imminent!!' WOW
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192135 Aug 26, 2014
flack wrote:
With everything going on in the world here is the President's scheduale for today!!!
9:50 AM
The President departs the White House
South Lawn
Open Press
10:05 AM
The President departs Joint Base Andrews
Travel Pool Coverage
11:20 AM
The President arrives Charlotte, North Carolina
North Carolina Air National Guard Base
Open to pre-credentialed media
12:00 PM
The President delivers remarks at the American Legion’s 96th National Convention
Charlotte Convention Center – Hall A, North Carolina
1:10 PM
The President departs Charlotte, North Carolina en route Washington, DC
North Carolina Air National Guard Base
2:20 PM
The President arrives Joint Base Andrews
Travel Pool Coverage
2:35 PM
The President arrives the White House
South Lawn
Open Press
4:50 PM
The President and the Vice President meet with Secretary of State Kerry
Oval Office
Closed Press
9:50 am till 4:50 pm What a guy!!!!!!
Hows that stack up against your schedule Junebug?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1192136 Aug 26, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
"THE BIMBO EXTRAORDINAIRE OF TOPIX," HUH? I KNEW IT! YOU DO POST WITH NO PANTIES ON!...(...HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT ONE WONDERS?...)... MY SENSE IS, YOU THREATEN HIM, 16... THAT SOUNDS LIKE FEAR TO ME...
Well, at least he didn't tell me to go kill myself like he did Dupont (and others). Just another pathetic cretin who feels a need to put others down to build himself up.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192137 Aug 26, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again…CNN POLL: Americans wish they'd elected Romney... ALBRIGHT:'THE WORLD IS A MESS', even the Left is starting to Get It!!!
My advice to those Americans is to wish in one hand, sht in the other and see which hand fills up the fastest.

The only poll that matters is the election.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192138 Aug 26, 2014
Dix wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you. Only Moochelle and Valerie Jarrett can called Hillary "Wildebeast"...
Hey Waxturd, another sock I see.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1192139 Aug 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot Flack is. Do you think he has meeting prior to 9:50 & do you think he has anything scheduled after 5? Talking about the VA situation is important to our veterans.
This one reason right whiners get so upset, they are just too f*cking stupid to get it.
That is taken from the White House Presidential Schedule. If you don't like the fact that he doesn't do squat before 9:50 and after 4:50 take it up with them. They report his SCHEDULE for the day. If there were meetings before and after it would be on the SCHEDULE!!!! Asskisser!!!!
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1192140 Aug 26, 2014
Another Lie for an Excuse to attack Syria that 'they' have now planted in the minds of Americans?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1192141 Aug 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What would baggers do if they didn't have access to FOX, would they then be cured of extreme stupidity????
If liberals weren't trapped and ensnared by propaganda, you wouldn't be posting this kind of stupidity. Chances are you don't even know why you posted this. Except it's what you've been told to parrot.

After you've watched at least one, preferably two, of the four primetime shows all the way through - Greta, O'Reilly, Hannity or Kelly - the truth just might rock your world.

Have you ever watched any of them? Because, if not, you should be asking yourself why you're repeating what you've been told to parrot without even knowing what you're talking about.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1192142 Aug 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hows that stack up against your schedule Junebug?
I'm not the president of the United States!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1192144 Aug 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's "blaming" anyone for Social Security and Medicare you clueless twit! You "blame" someone for something that's bad; not something that actually helps seniors keep a roof over their heads, food on the table and provides medical coverage.
The Republican solutions are to privatize these programs giving Social Security over to Wall Street and Medicare to the vultures in the insurance industry. Anyone who thinks that trusting their retirement or access to healthcare to the private sector where profits are the primary if not only goal are fools.
Neither Social Security nor Medicare are going bankrupt liar.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
I watched FOX yesterday for about two hours and it became very clear why anyone who watches them on a regular basis would be braindead. I have never heard so much negativity and lying in one place. It's systematic brainwashing and nothing else.

Listening to FOX for only a short while was enough to make me understand why these weak lemmings are rude, openly racist and blame the poor, Mexicans, blacks and feminazis for everything. THAT is what FOX news tells them and they swallow it hook, line and sinker.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192145 Aug 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched FOX yesterday for about two hours and it became very clear why anyone who watches them on a regular basis would be braindead. I have never heard so much negativity and lying in one place. It's systematic brainwashing and nothing else.
Listening to FOX for only a short while was enough to make me understand why these weak lemmings are rude, openly racist and blame the poor, Mexicans, blacks and feminazis for everything. THAT is what FOX news tells them and they swallow it hook, line and sinker.
And the more they watch the more addicted they become.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192146 Aug 26, 2014
Awwwww..... how normal.... Personal gain before the country.

I love this comedy channel....

Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 11:24AM EDT - US Markets close in 4 hrs and 36 mins

Boehner Joins Camp in Profiting From Corporate Effort to Escape U.S. Taxes
Bloomberg
By Richard Rubin 11 hours ago

Two top Republican lawmakers profited from a corporate tax-avoidance maneuver that the U.S. Treasury Department is seeking to curb.

While U.S. House Speaker John Boehner and Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp have resisted calls for a crackdown on companies adopting overseas addresses to pay lower taxes, both have made money off one of the deals. They also have investments at risk of losing value because of government action.

More from Bloomberg.com : Islamic State Now Resembles the Taliban With Oil Fields

The two lawmakers reported the sale of stock in Covidien Plc within nine days of Medtronic Inc. saying it was planning a takeover, an announcement that sent Dublin-based Covidien's shares near a 52-week high. The deal, one of several that have sparked a national debate over U.S. corporate tax policy, would put the combined company's headquarters in Ireland and reduce its tax rate.

Boehner, the top Republican in Congress, and Camp, whose committee controls tax policy, haven't backed a proposal by President Barack Obama and Democrats for a retroactive law that would penalize the Medtronic-Covidien deal and seven others.

According to an analysis of public disclosures, the lawmakers still hold Medtronic shares -- and Camp bought additional stock after the medical-device maker announced the transaction. Those holdings, though only a small part of the two multimillionaires' stock portfolios, give them an interest in the deal's completion, along with their ability to influence the outcome.
‘Beyond Suspicion'

Their actions are legal, and spokesmen for both say the congressmen weren't involved in the financial decisions and that the trades were made by their investment advisers. Still, the two lawmakers, who have more sway over tax policy than any other House members, are invested in deals that Obama and other Democrats say are wrong and unpatriotic.

More from Bloomberg.com : Napa Quake Seen Costing Up to $4 Billion as Wineries Shut

A Bloomberg News review of public filings of congressional leaders and members of the tax committees found at least five other lawmakers with investments in companies involved in inversion deals.

"The opportunities for being swayed by that are legion," said Miles Rapoport, president of Common Cause, a Washington-based group that advocates for open government. "This is not a small issue where we wonder whether legislators are acting entirely in the public interest or whether somewhere in their mind it's about how they will fare themselves." ....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192148 Aug 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I remind you...Of all the lies that Bush and his band of chicken hawks used for illegally invading Iraq . It will be a cake walk, we know right where the WMDs are located, the war will last a matter of weeks not months, they will be handing us Roses and Chocolate, they will be easy to accept democracy, we will be greeted as liberators. I could go on forever with all of the lies and misconceptions about Iraq. One of the biggest blunders in our history fueled by record setting lies.
Obama - Lie of the Year!

Pants on fire!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192149 Aug 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What got Obama elected to his first term was the clown show of McCain-Palin__what got Obama elected to his second term was that many voters believed Mitt is too slippery for the oval office and didn't vote.
lol! That's what I like about reich wingers.

It's always someone else's fault for their loss. It's never about them fielding anyone viable or reasonable.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192150 Aug 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If liberals weren't trapped and ensnared by propaganda, you wouldn't be posting this kind of stupidity. Chances are you don't even know why you posted this. Except it's what you've been told to parrot.
After you've watched at least one, preferably two, of the four primetime shows all the way through - Greta, O'Reilly, Hannity or Kelly - the truth just might rock your world.
Have you ever watched any of them? Because, if not, you should be asking yourself why you're repeating what you've been told to parrot without even knowing what you're talking about.
I have watch Fox plenty of times, as a matter of fact up until a few years ago I watch them quite regular until they became way to fanatical, I love it when people like John Stewart and Bill Maher would make Oreilly look like a fool. Hannity is one of the dumbest on TV, a total nut case and when Beck was on there they became disgusting and only fools like you become absorbed by idiots like that who totally deprive you of the ability forself thinking.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1192151 Aug 26, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I am sure the ignorant liberal didn't know. I thought I was going to have to explain it again. Good job.
Your ignorance is showing, as usual.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines "tar baby" as "a derogatory term for a Black (U.S.) or a Maori (N.Z.)".

"The Dark Legacy of "Tar Baby", "Boy" and other Racial Slurs":

"Through the years, the phrase (Tar Baby) became known as a slur, particularly against blacks of a darker hue."

"As such, to many blacks,“tar baby” is as much a fighting phrase as the “N” word. Despite this fact, some whites remain incredulous at the thought that such words are often used among some blacks, but the same becomes patently offensive when uttered by whites."

"As for other racial slurs like Tar Baby, Coon, and any references to apes and gorillas, for generations, these words were used by whites to dehumanize blacks."

http://politic365.com/2011/08/04/the-dark-leg...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192152 Aug 26, 2014
TSM wrote:
No outcry after black cop shoots kills young white man!!First there’s no money for the Hustlers to Make!!
Secondly… If it doesn’t fit the Liberal Media narrative which is,‘It’s not Racist if its Black on White it’s only Racist when it’s White on Black!”
Oh! Oh! Is this from the 1920's? Or 1930's?

Oh wait... did they have black cops then?

What year are you talking about son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,574
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin For Life 32,293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Into The Night 9,892
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr ThomasA 311,364
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web