Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234351 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191103 Aug 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Taking away people's right to vote... or giving Americans alternatives... changing the demographics... grid locking Congress by voting as one block....
Seems it's politics for reich wingers is what you people want son.
voter ID protects the right to vote by preventing legitimate votes from being cancelled by fraudulent voters.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1191104 Aug 24, 2014
San Francisco Chronicle reporter Will Kane reports firefighters struggled to control the blaze because of a water main break.

This was the largest quake to hit the Bay Area since the 6.9 magnitude quake hit Loma Prieta in 1989.

Leslie Gordon of the U.S. Geological Survey told the Associated Press the tremor struck at just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday. The epicenter was about six miles southwest of Napa, California, and about 50 miles west-southwest of Sacramento.

Jessica Turner of the U.S. Geological Survey told CBS San Francisco aftershocks of up to 5.0 are likely in the next week. There is only a 5 percent chance of a stronger quake during the next week. Already at least 25 aftershocks have rocked the region.

The USGS said the depth of the earthquake was just less than seven miles.

"A quake of that size in a populated area is of course widely felt throughout that region," Randy Baldwin, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Golden, Colorado, told the Associated Press. "The 6.0 is a sizeable quake for this area. It's a shallow quake."

Throughout the region, locals have reported the quake was felt as a long, rolling, shaking motion with several peaks of movement lasting for an extended time.

The California Highway Patrol reports some power outages.

The CHP is closing a bridge on Highway 37 in Vallejo while they inspect it for possible damage.

Widespread power outages are impacting Napa, and there are reports of minor damage across the region, mainly items falling off kitchen shelves and stores with broken bottles.

Callers to local radio stations and locals checking in on social media reported a significant shaking motion in the city of Napa, lasting for an extended time.

People as far away as the South Bay and Davis reported being woken up by the quake, which was centered 6.7 miles beneath Earth's surface.

Sonoma County also reported significant effects from the quake. The shaking was especially strong there because of the nature of the land being on alluvial gravel, sand and silt deposits, reports CBS San Francisco.

"Now that was a real earthquake," exclaimed San Francisco Sunset district resident Matt Wandell.

californiaquakelocator.jpg
Location of magnitude 6 earthquake in California on August 24, 2014 CBS NEWS
The White House said President Obama, who is returning from an often-interrupted two-week vacation today, has been briefed on the earthquake. A White House spokesperson said, "federal officials are in touch with state and local responders and the President will continue to receive updates."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191105 Aug 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
we know the truth, only self loathing race traitors like you deny it, another dead thug and you side with the known criminal and instigator.
Another rethug who looks in the mirror and projects what he sees onto everyone else. Pathetic cretin.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1191106 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you omit certain facts
The Clinton admistration wanted to brief Bush's national security team on what they considered the biggest threat, Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. of course the ideologes in the Bush administration knew better and refuse to hear the brief.
AG Ashcroft the evangelical shifted theFBI's focus from counter terrorism to the bigger threat facing America, drugs and prostitution. In fact on 9/10/01 40 FBI agents were staking out a whore house in New Orleans
FBI headquarters refused to allow FBI agents to follow up on suspicious behavior by Arabic men at flight school in Arizona. Seems they were only interested in flight operations after take-off and ignored landing instruction.
FBI headquarters refused to allow an agent to follow up on Zacarias Moussaoui investigation and refused to allow her to get a warrant to search his computer, sommething that would have revealed the 9/11 plot
Condi Rice was to get her first briefing by Richard Clarke, the terrorist czar on 9/12/2001 on the threat posed by al Qaeda.
Richard Clarke position was demoted from a primary advisor to a secondary by the Bush Administration
The CIA warned the Bush administration of potential attacks on the U.S. by al Qaeda in June 2001
While on a 30 day vacation after ony 6 months in office, the President received a briefing about Osama bin Laden determination to attack the U.S. on U.S. soil. Bush did nothing, well except for continuing his vacation
So you're saying that George W. Bush refused to listen to Bill Clinton when Bill Clinton said that there will be an attack on 9–11???

And and you're right he did because last night I took my spaceship over to the world of Zumba and the dogs of doom they told me that too ... I met the king and it's a big old dog he's probably 80 feet tall, barks very very loud and has one hell of a military and the dogs of Kings Oro told me personally that the Clinton did tell Bush... But what got me is king or oh well he told me the whole time that that he didn't understand what was going on very scary. Very very scary. So tomorrow told me to go see the Lions so I flew immediately took my spaceship right back to another world which I was iPad was confiscated they stole my shit up and it was the squirrels and they were very upset that the Bush did not listen to Bill Clinton... They blamed WW2 on bush, but thank god for King Oro and the dogs, because they got some bad ass weaponry and they rescued me and personally took me to the lions of lentas.... Let me tall you this!!!! Those lions and the dogs of doom have been friends for 700 trillion years and they told me that they knew Jesus too, but they ain't buying that clinton telling bush deal, so I asked to see Jesus and they said it's a few light years away,

Now that makes the same sense as your post did!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191107 Aug 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Rodney King wasn't even killed and look and the black murders, beatings of Korean shop owners, burning, looting....
You are so full of blind racism that your mental faculties are at low ebb, Babee.
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a free TV......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191108 Aug 24, 2014
Stop freaking out about ISIS

Now that Ferguson, Missouri, is not producing enough tear gas to keep CNN's attention, I couldn't help but notice Chuck Hagel bouncing in his chair, talking about how ISIS is a greater peril than anything mankind has faced since the saber-toothed tiger. Somewhere, just off screen, John McCain is preparing two lists: people we should have bombed, and people we should bomb now. There's a big CNN fear graphic on the screen right this moment asking "Does ISIS have cells in the US?" There's a queue extending out into the parking lot of politicos waiting their turn to shake a finger at President Obama for not rushing back to the White House to deal with this Urgent Threat of Unprecedented Proportion. While wearing a tie. As God intended.

You know how much threat ISIS represents to the United States? None. That's how much. Exactly none. If there was a value less than none, then it would be that, but there's not, so none is the answer.

You know what does represent a threat to the the United States, a bona fide danger to our continued existence as the land of the semi-free and occasionally bravish? Acting as if every person who says they want to turn the United States into dictatorial hell hole, is capable of making the United States their bitch. ISIS is a ragtag organization on the far side of the world, armed mostly with the discards we either sold to the last set of thugs (note: proper use of the term) who used the gear to cow their relatives, or the stuff we left sitting around because bringing the old stuff back threatened all those contracts for building new stuff. ISIS could no more threaten the United States than Lindsey Graham could punch God in the nose. The existential threat level is green. Or at least, it should be.

As the Deputy Undersecretary of Pogo might say, we have determined the source of the threat, and we're it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1323...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191109 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UMM... NOT QUITE... A POOR ANALOGY.... IT'S MORE LIKE SAYING... I LOVE THE CIRCUS BUT CERTAIN CLOWNS SCARE ME...
Just like you to come up with the perfect analogy!!! Thank you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191110 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT, NOW YOU SPAMMIN' YOU OWN SITE?
who, me? I know not what you speak of.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191111 Aug 24, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Corona has pretty buildings...
Corona may be nice, but for most people it's just the 15 and the 91 on the way to somewhere else....and stuck in the Corona crawl....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1191112 Aug 24, 2014
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

9 min ago

FOX contributor Erick Erickson....

I Increasingly Find Conflict Between My Faith and Some Conservative Discourse

Were I to recreate this site, I think it would have no comments section. Disqus is just horrible. I do not recommend it to anyone. And it just helps further what I see on so much social media these days. As much as the internet can bring people together of like mind, it also can help shrill minorities of people think their views are more mainstream than they are. That then emboldens them further.

I am heartened by this post; I hope the other false Christians on here read and think.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191113 Aug 24, 2014
SO, UM... WHAT HAPPENS IF GABRIEL GARCIA MISSED AN INSURANCE PAYMENT LAS' MONTH SO HIS 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER BY HIS FIRS' WIFE COULD GET HER ORTHODONTICS? HMMMMM?... SPOSE THAT'D MEAN HE NOT GETTIN SHOT HARD ENOUGH, HUH?...
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1191114 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
CAROL, I PRETTY SURE THE BLACK COMMUNITY RECOGNIZES ITS OWN PROBLEMS... THEY CALLED "THE WHITE COMMUNITY".... YOUR PROBLEM BEGINS HERE, DEAR...
Number one get rid of all the of the capitalizations.... that's ridiculous. It shows your stupidity. Now here's my point and no you will not be able to respond to it because it makes too much sense and you're too stupid to comprehend this. But here it goes. If the blacks recognize their own problems within their communities then why are they not doing anything about it?

If you look at the white communities we do not have the issues that you all do. Idle hands are the devils workshop so this basically is due to the fact that you guys do not work therefore you have all the time in the world to ponder up some stupid idea which results in criminal activity.

Yes we do have crime however it is nothing compared to the areas in which you all live in. It's nothing you cannot even compare it and we are the majority there are a hell of a lot more of us then there are you all I'm talking 150 million more of us compared to your 25 or 30 million and we do not have the problems you all do so you need to figure it out and figure it out fast, because we are getting very tired of this. We do not like to see our country being run into the ground by a bunch of worthless pigs... We are over it!!! Do something that benefits your community. Do something that benefits your society. Do something that benefits you. If you cannot do any of those three then please get the hell out of here and go to your homeland that you continue to call Africa, by all means pack up your shit and get the hell out
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191115 Aug 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just stuff this "common sense" crap Carol? It was once "common sense" that the sun revolved around the earth. It was once "common sense" that women didn't have the brains to vote.
Albert Einstein said it best;
“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18. It is also a result of some pervasive and extremely stupid logical fallacies that have become embedded in the human brain over generations, for one reason or another,”
common sense says that people will eventually tire of working to support slugs like you and your worthless parasite kid.....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191116 Aug 24, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
No I I can't imagine that. The reason why I can't is that they are clean. Unlike you guys who will screw a hole in a tree those girls are not like that. Most I'd say is 98% of white women are not like that but I would say 98% of black women are like that.. I mean look at most black women... Highest percentage of aids is black... STD's.... Black again... Fatherless children.... Again... Black.... I mean you idiots are your own worst enemy
uh-huh...

http://www.irnavigate.com/nu/entertain/cartoo...

Where I come from we call this a sperm bank...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191117 Aug 24, 2014
What's cute though, is that they're tryin' to take the images down...hahahahahahahaha...jus like l'il george... don' wan't the sordid past to interfere with his future, huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191118 Aug 24, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>You can stuff your stupidity Peedee-Islamic State came out of Syria, they were the Rebels, the Rebels that Obama insisted on financing. Your president needs to quit, I mean really quite like go to Hawai and vacate the White House, he doesn't want to be a President anymore. Ms. Rice did exactly what the liberals said would work, ding bats like you said 'give the Palestinians Gaza' and there will be peace. Stupid liberals every where agreed. Stupid.
racist Reid should resign immediately....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191119 Aug 24, 2014
TELL YOU WHAT... YOU NOT WEAR A CONDOM IN THAT GIRL YOU BES' AT LEAST WASH YOUSELF IN BOILING WATER....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191120 Aug 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So ISIS/ISIL is thanking Obama for sending airstrikes???
You right whiners are such pathetic sh*ts.
You seem to forget, it was your buddy GW Bush that declared Osama irrelevant. It is your ilk that claims killing OSAMA was a waste of time.
Now its a different story. Why is that?
bin Laden was irrelevant and his death accomplished nothing....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191121 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, a good percentage of them realized they were wrong too late.
One year after the 2012 election, all polls showed Romney would have won if the election had been held just one year later.
Obama's numbers only prove your hypothesis is outdated.
all you have to do is watch FOX for one evening to figure out that it's very far from outdated. or if you'd rather...go over to FOX Nation and read the comments about Ferguson. racism personified.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191122 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
common sense says that people will eventually tire of working to support slugs like you and your worthless parasite kid.....
I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD, "COMMON," DO YOU?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min ChristineM 239,378
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 48 min sick of em 5,639
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr momma chamberlin 309,948
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Hector Valente 201,810
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,767
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 May 24 Jeff 1
More from around the web