Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460333 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Frank

Spokane, WA

#1191985 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If Brown were white(I know that's a little funny) you'd be screaming about 'militarized' police thugs and their overuse of power.
If Brown were not black this would have been ignored and would not be in the news. If Brown were not black,Obama would not have mentioned it and Holder would not have gone to Ferguson. If Brown were white,Holder might be pursuing civil rights complaints against Brown.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191986 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too stupid and filled with hate to understand anything that you don't agree with. Ever heard of a Warrant Officer dumbass. that's what I got from OCS if you wish to get technical it's called WOCS and when I volunteered for Vietnam after a year and into my second tour I was commissioned to 2LT.[ Only Warrant Officers are eligible for that..It had to do with Aviation weasel, I only tell you this because you are sadly lacking in knowledge along with obvious social skills. Why I even bother is kinda a sad reflection on a desire to rub it in on lowlifes like you who were afraid to leave the safety of their moms basement. LOW LIFE COWARD.
warrant officers are not commissioned officers....
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1191988 Aug 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Black cop shoots unarmed white man in Utah. Apparently not newsworthy. Although people have been concerned with militarized police for a while, no screaming here.
http://kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_...
Holder didn't go to Salt Lake and Obama didn't add his two cents.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1191989 Aug 25, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan was a success without the help of the media. If Obama didn't have the mass media on his side,he would have been considered a failure the day after inauguration day. Obama never would have been elected with out the help of the mass media.
Reagan also communicated with the American people as to his policies and getting more people on his side. He met frequently with Democrats and even befriended many of them.

However, all past presidents have communicated to the people important information about world and domestic events and crises and where America stands and any plan of action. All past presidents have reached out and included the other side in the governing process as well.

This president doesn't communicate much of anything to anyone. Half of his liberal base probably has no idea what ISIL is much less the threat it poses to them and the rest of the country.

They probably don't know about the Christian persecution epidemic either. Don't recall this president uttering one word of condemnation about it.

But his base knows exactly where he stands on Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191990 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too stupid and filled with hate to understand anything that you don't agree with. Ever heard of a Warrant Officer dumbass. that's what I got from OCS if you wish to get technical it's called WOCS and when I volunteered for Vietnam after a year and into my second tour I was commissioned to 2LT.[ Only Warrant Officers are eligible for that..It had to do with Aviation weasel, I only tell you this because you are sadly lacking in knowledge along with obvious social skills. Why I even bother is kinda a sad reflection on a desire to rub it in on lowlifes like you who were afraid to leave the safety of their moms basement. LOW LIFE COWARD.
even in the Vietnam era, it was relatively easy to get a direct commission (even as 1st Lt or Captain) based on receipt of a worthwhile college degree, prior to enlisting, and without undergoing basic training.....

too bad you had to suck off so many on your path to a charity commission....

maybe you should have gone to college.....

Location hidden

#1191991 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Republicans should pass a bill where cops can no longer shoot black men for practice. I hope every eligible black in the nation votes, bet you don't?
There you go again...you're becoming hysterical in your willingness to be so misled and passing judgment on false premises.

Take a few deep breaths. Maybe that will help.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191992 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"In Ferguson, in 2011, 31-year-old Jason Moore suffered a heart attack after he was repeatedly shocked with a stun gun, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch." So appears some officers carry tasers. That doesn't mean that Wilson did. However, it doesn't look like it makes any difference:
"If the Ferguson Police Department's account of Brown's death is accurate, a stun gun would be an unlikely option to handle a charging suspect, experts say.
"There has to be time to deploy the stun gun and it’s not always readily available," said Wayne Fisher, a professor with the Rutgers University Police Institute in New Jersey. "Secondly, in the example of an armed offender closing in on the officer, it's necessary at that point to use the level of force which has the highest opportunity for stopping the armed aggressor, and that would be a firearm.”
"The Chicago Police Department's use-of-force policy suggests officers deploy stun guns against people who are "actively resisting," but not necessarily assaulting an officer."
“Generally a stun gun is usable where there is discretionary time during which the officer has to make a decision about the best course of action. If the facts are such that deadly force is immediately called for, a stun gun is not a suitable alternative.”
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na...
tasers (stun guns) are used more often by police to punish suspects than to subdue them....

tasers should be used only once, but police frequently use them repeatedly, resulting in unnecessary deaths....

Galt's opinion is that tasers are an unacceptable risk....

Location hidden

#1191993 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
the usual....
Michael Brown Laid To Rest As Fox News Edits Eric Holder Video To Inflame Racial Tensions
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/25/michae...
Eric Holder is inflaming racial tensions just fine all by himself.

Obama has a direct line with Al Sharpton as his "go to guy" on the Ferguson tragedy. True.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191994 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you already seen the forensics and toxicology reports?
none of the other wounds, as described by the family pathologist, were sufficient to stop someone the size of the gentle giant.....

the shot to the top of the head was the only fatal wound, and was instantaneously fatal....

draw your own conclusions.....
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1191995 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Karma, talking to these baggers is a real lesson in futility. Keep up the good work.
Avoid the question is futility. I have never heard of a 92G receiving a direct commission.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191996 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
zero.
Media Matters has all the video that pertains to FOX stupidity. and the really stupid stuff usually ends up on the news sites. example.....
Fox News Wonders If Calling Michael Brown An 'Unarmed Teen' Is Biased
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/fox-...
seems bias is not instantly letting Wilson off the hook.
so, you admit that you get all your information from a Communist propaganda site, and never view FoxNews itself....

so much for any of your comments, asshat.....

Location hidden

#1191997 Aug 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully cognizant that some posters here regard my comments as being harsh and unfeeling regarding the Brown shooting. So be it.
Whenever the death of a thief, a bully or any generally criminal element of black culture is exploited unashamedly for political and financial profit by not only the Poverty Pimp Twins but also by the parents of the deceased, black religious leaders and the POTUS and his racist sidekick, I feel strongly that this is a no-brainer, folks.
These parasites exhibit more sincere feeling of sadness for a dollar bill blow into a storm drain than for the passing of Fatboy Brown or Trayvon Thug Martin.
The gloves are off and I will not pretend to be respectful towards a circus of insincere, perfidious opportunists. Counterfeit Emotions deserve only the harshest of responses.
Call a spade a spade.
You do go much further than I ever could in your "candidness". But I do agree with almost all of your sentiments and arguments - crux-wise.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191998 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
zero.
Media Matters has all the video that pertains to FOX stupidity. and the really stupid stuff usually ends up on the news sites. example.....
Fox News Wonders If Calling Michael Brown An 'Unarmed Teen' Is Biased
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/fox-...
seems bias is not instantly letting Wilson off the hook.
by the way, Galt watches MSNBC far more than FoxNews.....

MSNBC is the funniest stuff on TV.....
Joe

United States

#1191999 Aug 25, 2014
DOJ Attorneys: Lerner’s Emails Exist, But Here’s Why We Aren’t Turning Them Over

By Jennifer Van Laar 24 mins ago

Despite IRS officials’ sworn testimony and affidavits to the contrary, a DOJ attorney has learned there is a backup system where Lois Lerner’s emails are stored.
So why haven’t they been produced, pursuant to subpoena and court order?
Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton explained on Fox News this afternoon:
A Department of Justice attorney told a Judicial Watch attorney on Friday that it turns out the federal government backs up all computer records in case something terrible happens in Washington and there’s a catastrophe, so the government can continue operating. And they say it would be too hard to go get Lois Lerner’s emails from that backup system.

So everything we’ve been hearing about scratched hard drives…it’s all been a pack of malarkey. They could get these records, but they don’t want to.

And there’s no such thing as Lois Lerner’s missing emails. It’s all been a big lie. They’ve been lying to the courts, to the American people, to Congress. It’s outrageous.
Mr. Fitton goes on to say,“The Obama administration needs to get on the ball and start retrieving them [the emails], as opposed to stonewalling and continuing to obstruct justice.”
Judicial Watch will be asking the Court for relief on this issue, likely in the form of a court order to produce the emails from the backup system.

==========

Another BIG LIE....everything about Obama Administration is a bad joke! Eric Holder and Obama should be cell mates for a long long time.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1192000 Aug 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Hilarious:
Burger King Dares Obama To Stop It From Fleeing To Canada
Burger King’s plan to scurry across the Canadian border to avoid U.S. taxes could be seen as the corporate equivalent of flipping President Barack Obama the bird.The White House vowed earlier this month to use an executive order to curb tax inversions -- deals in which U.S. companies buy smaller…
Huffington Post
Burger King, that's a lot of tax dollars,Obama might have to cut one of his vacations short. Never mind the people,let them eat cake.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192001 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Holder is inflaming racial tensions just fine all by himself.
Obama has a direct line with Al Sharpton as his "go to guy" on the Ferguson tragedy. True.
oh sure you would think editing a video to inflame the FOXbots is all good.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1192002 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You white liberal faux anti-racists are so sensitive. Tar-Baby is a fictional character in the Uncle Remus stories published in 1881; it is a doll made of tar and turpentine used to entrap Br'er Rabbit.
It's not healthy to be so sensitive you make everyone feel like they're walking on eggshells. You know that feeling, right? It's not a good feeling.
Weren't you one of those criticizing Reid for his comment "One problem I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight?” I suggest you should look in the mirror when you say "It's not healthy to be so sensitive." Hypocrite

Here's Black columnist Eric L. Wattree's take on things:

"And it seems that White conservatives will never learn that by trotting people like Allen West, Herman Cain, or Dr. Ben Carson out before the public, they’re doing themselves a disservice in the Black community. Black people know and understand our own people. We warned America that Herman Cain had a flawed character. Then when it came out that he was a philandering pervert, conservatives were shocked, while the Black community walked away snickering, and asked, "What else is new?"
So you see, it’s not Black people who are out of touch. We overwhelmingly support the Democratic Party because we have sense enough not to reject the Bogeyman just to go out and support the Devil.

Black people understand that ANY Black person who aligns him or herself with the conservative agenda has to be either an idiot or suffer from a severe character flaw. Sound crazy? Okay, well, just ask yourself, how do you feel about Americans who align themselves with Al Qaeda? Well, why is it so difficult to understand why the Black community would feel the exact same way about a group where one of its representatives, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colorado), would say, being associated with President Obama would be similar to touching a "tar baby."

http://wattree.blogspot.com/2013/10/dr-ben-ca...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1192003 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your continued effort to be the the dumbest poster is about came to fruition, Simply calling you stupid is a drastic understatement. I have never bragged about anything idiot, the only mistake I made was thinking that you idiots had some resemblance of character. And you being the poor illiterate moron that you are have whined and obsessed ever since. Your daily whimpering for 4-5 years now is a sad reflection on your miserable life...You bragged about being a R O and when I questioned you about that on a few different occasions you ran like the wimp that you are. There is no such rank as a Corporal Captain dumbo you are as dumb as Flack.So obsess on you proven lying loser. I guess you will just have to read the book..Huh Idiot. By the way no one really cares what you think. This is the only place in life where you can even get someone to talk to you and you are forced to attack them to even make that happen.. You are one pathetic imbecile.
You can't blame Bush so you are blaming EasyEd because you lied. Why can't you simply tell the truth?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192004 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right USA whatever forces that are there aren't there in a combat role. But if attacked they have the proper training and arms to defend. Flack and most all of the righties on here are fanatical in nature and look for any and everything to paint the President in a bad light. But basically they end up showing their own ignorance and hatred.
what happens if they are overrun by a superior force???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192005 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Last weekend a 22 year old young lady who was visiting Orlando with friends for the weekend was killed by a stray OPD round. Another young person, Kody Roach had been kicked out of a respectable downtown club when he became unruly__he returned with a stolen 40 cal pistol and began waving it around. It was unloaded__but who can tell__two officers approached the crazed white mofo and one tried to tase him but his shirt blocked the darts and the other officer opened fire hitting Roach multiple times.
Ricochet's killed the young lady and wounded an OPD Lt.
She was just out with her friends having some fun.
The young lady's family will win the insurance lottery while Kody Roach, who survived, will go to trial where his parents will explain what a nice young boy he is__when he's not drinking.
this case shows the lack of logic in the use of tasers.....

tasers are supposedly used when the situation calls for less-than-lethal force....

when the taser didn't work, what justified gunfire???...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Bruin For Life 32,618
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 312,873
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Into The Night 258,047
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web