Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659937 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1192069 Aug 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continually blame me and others for your party's government entitlement programs?
Neither of us had any say in the matter.
If SS and Medicare aren't reformed in the next decade, anyone under the age of 50 probably won't be getting the benefits from either program or the money back the government has taken from your generations' paychecks to pay for my generations' retirements.
But isn't that the progressive liberal way to achieve fairness and equality and big government knowing what's best for us?
Don't blame me. Blame yourself.
Nobody's "blaming" anyone for Social Security and Medicare you clueless twit! You "blame" someone for something that's bad; not something that actually helps seniors keep a roof over their heads, food on the table and provides medical coverage.
The Republican solutions are to privatize these programs giving Social Security over to Wall Street and Medicare to the vultures in the insurance industry. Anyone who thinks that trusting their retirement or access to healthcare to the private sector where profits are the primary if not only goal are fools.
Neither Social Security nor Medicare are going bankrupt liar.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1192070 Aug 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. What I can tell you is Obama doesn't give up golfing for any thing or any body.
God freakin forbid the President takes off for 5 hours once a week, if that.

I guess if he went biking or cut brush, that would be OK.
Patrick

United States

#1192071 Aug 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Shooting an unarmed person 6 times is safer?
She seems a troll

Chambersburg, PA

#1192072 Aug 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama does not get to make up his own definitions
That was not his made up definition and the definition he chose was clear in the context in which it was presented.

The dumbasses here are you & your buddy Flacktard.

Just another example of how you & our ilk have to lie to say bad things about our President. If was as bad you you whiners claim, the truth would be enough.

Instead all you got is lies & complaining about golfing.
WAKE UP VOTERS

Oxford, NC

#1192074 Aug 26, 2014
Obamacare mandates that substitute teachers cannot work more than 30 hours per week at the same district without being offered healthcare benefits. The Central Cambria School District is now faced with a serious dilemma- how they will deal with a teacher’s absence when a regular teacher cannot work and when a substitute teacher is close to exceeding their 30 hour threshold. Lisa Urbassik, a 7th grade Language Arts teacher at the school district is worried about how the Obamacare rule will affect students.“They’re (substitute teachers) going to have a limited number of days that they can work in each district. If you get a teacher that has to maybe be out sick for a whole week for some reason, then how are you going to have one sub in to cover that class, how are you going to have any sort of continuity for the students?”...Joe Klezek, a long-term substitute teacher in the district, said that substitute teachers rely on substitute teaching to gain experience and eventually get hired on as permanent teachers.“Pretty much all teachers had to pay their dues at some point,”[he said]. The school employs a system called “AESOP” to ensure that substitute teachers do not exceed 30 hours a week. Substitute teachers have not been a problem for them in past years, they said.

As Democrats have pushed for a minimum wage hike -- which would kill jobs and close off opportunities for entry-level workers by literally raising the cost of creating jobs -- Republicans have proposed reversing Obamacare's effective reduction of the standard work week. The House passed a bill in April to restore the 40-hour work week vis-a-vis the (twice delayed) Obamacare employer mandate; the Democrat-held Senate didn't consider the measure, which the White House threatened to veto. A recent rain-related grounds crew debacle at Chicago's Wrigley Field was also blamed on Obamacare's impact on hourly workers. The federal government is warning hundreds of thousands of Obamacare "enrollees" that they must submit additional information to verify their eligibility by the end of next month, or have their coverage voided. This is part of the ongoing mess created by the millions of "data discrepancy" issues that have dogged Obamacare's mechanics. A substantial percentage of people touted as "enrolled" by the Obama administration never paid their initial premiums, and major insurers have reported significant attrition among customers who had been current with their payments. The administration has also denied a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from the Associated Press regarding Healthcare.gov 's data security integrity. The nonpartisan Government Accountability Office released a report last month demonstrating that the federal health exchange enrolled 11 of the watchdog's 12 fake consumers who sought to buy coverage online or over the phone. The Cook Political Report's Amy Walter wrote an analysis last week confirming that despite some chest-thumping from Democrats, Obamacare is still a "huge liability" for the president's party:
WAKE UP VOTERS

Oxford, NC

#1192075 Aug 26, 2014
What is the alternative to the rule of law? We may be on the verge of re-learning that ancient lesson the hard way. Of course, those of us who is served in places where there was no law, where leftists and other aspiring totalitarians ignored the rules and norms of civil society, already know.

The alternative to the rule of law is the rule of power. And the rule of power is always the rule of men with guns.

The disgraceful indictment of Rick Perry in Texas is just the latest example of this trend, albeit one that carries the seeds of hope. The judicial lynching under way in Ferguson offers less reason for optimism – our disgrace of an Attorney General and that clown masquerading as Missouri’s governor are practically salivating at the idea of sacrificing the police officer on the altar of indignation, facts and law be damned.

Liberals are committed to destroying the rule of law because law, by treating all equally and recognizing their inalienable rights, frustrates their fascist impulses. This isn’t just another annoying manifestation of the left’s utter failure as functioning ideology. It’s a trend that should terrify everyone concerned with the state of our union.

History shows us where this leads. We now have a President, an alleged constitutional law professor, who believes that if the people’s elected representatives in Congress refuse to bend to his will he can just do what he likes anyway. At least when Caesar finally destroyed the Republic, ancient Rome ended up with a dictator who knew how to win wars.

This guy golfs while the world burns.

We have government agencies like the IRS and EPA simply ignoring laws, like the ones that that require them to maintain records so they can be held accountable to the people they purport to serve. Where are the consequences for their conscious failure to do so? The problem is that those sworn to uphold the law are the very ones undermining it. Can’t Eric Holder take a break from telegraphing to his progressive pals that his lackeys won’t be deterred from crucifying the Ferguson officer by obstacles like facts, evidence and law, and do his job?

He never will. Today, there are no consequences for those whose law-breaking aids the establishment.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192078 Aug 26, 2014
Cut to the chase wrote:
<quoted text> alternative to the rule of law? THE GUN.......... period
Live by the sword....Whiners are cowards.

Chambersburg, PA

#1192079 Aug 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
How Rand Paul spends his vacation or break.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/rand-pa...
Rand Paul did a great deed by helping these people.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192080 Aug 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he's not dipstick. Here's what he said about law enforcement which Fox edited out to make it seem like he was taking sides;
"Law enforcement has a role to play in reducing tensions as well. As the brother of a retired law enforcement officer, I know firsthand that our men and women in uniform perform their duties in the face of tremendous threats and significant personal risk. They put their lives on the line every day and they often have to make split-second decisions. The national outcry we have seen speaks to a sense of mistrust and mutual suspicion that can take hold in the relationship between law enforcement and certain communities."
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
"A Milwaukee County sheriff took aim at Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and Missouri Democrats on Friday, accusing them of demonizing law enforcement officers and fanning the racial flames in Ferguson.

Sheriff David Clarke, who gained national attention last year for encouraging gun ownership, accused Mr. Holder, Gov. Jay Nixon and Sen. Claire McCaskill of making “irresponsible” and “inflammatory” comments about Ferguson’s police force and its purported race issues, National Review Online reported.

Mr. Clarke said the three insinuated that law enforcement officers “engage in some nefarious or systematic and cultural attempts to violate people’s civil rights.”

“I thought that was a slap in the face to every law-enforcement officer in America who puts on the badge and the uniform everyday to go out and risk their lives in service to their community,” the sheriff said."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/...

You're an idiot Paul; you always have been and always will be!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192081 Aug 26, 2014
Eric Holder's Race-Based Justice

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192082 Aug 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Eric Holder's Race-Based Justice
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Go to bed Waa waaing wake up Waa waaing, what a life.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192083 Aug 26, 2014
RACE BAITERS wrote:
RACE BAITERS: Michael Brown Gets 3 WH Reps At Funeral, While US General Got None
Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/08/race-baiters-mi...
http://clashdaily.com/2014/08/race-baiters-mi...
Maj. Gen. Harold Greene receives full burial honors at Arlington

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel attended and met with the family.

http://www.stripes.com/maj-gen-harold-greene-...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192084 Aug 26, 2014
US drones reportedly begin flights over Syria after Obama gives OK

Obama on record:

"ISIS is the JV Team!"
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192085 Aug 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to bed Waa waaing wake up Waa waaing, what a life.
Is that all you do? I guess your life is over son!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1192086 Aug 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope Republicans pick Ben Carson as their presidential candidate. Please!!!
Here's racist for you:
"Now I don't want to even have to be associated with Obama. It's like touching a tar baby and you get, you get it, you know… you are stuck and you are part of the problem now and you can't get away." Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colorado)
what IS a tar baby in your pea head? Flame the stupidity of your self.

Prevented this

#1192088 Aug 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You white liberal faux anti-racists are so sensitive. Tar-Baby is a fictional character in the Uncle Remus stories published in 1881; it is a doll made of tar and turpentine used to entrap Br'er Rabbit.
It's not healthy to be so sensitive you make everyone feel like they're walking on eggshells. You know that feeling, right? It's not a good feeling.
Thank you, I am sure the ignorant liberal didn't know. I thought I was going to have to explain it again. Good job.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1192089 Aug 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The propagandists you turn to for information must have left you out of the loop about this unpleasant fact too.
Even liberal-leaning news outlets have no choice but to spill the beans because it's going to happen whether they like it or not.
The employer-based health insurance cancellations will be sent out this fall - sometime around October. Millions of Americans will find themselves paying a lot more for health insurance under Obamacare very soon. The deductibles are the real kicker. No deductible up front...no health care.
Really Carol? The rest of us are being propagandized but a Foxbot like you isn't? There is no "liberal" media dumbass; it's all corporate feeding the corporate line. Do you believe in unicorns too?
Where's your evidence that employer based policy cancellations are going to be sent out in the fall? You don't have any; you're just talking out of your ass.
Premiums have gone up for years dingbat and would continue to do so even if the ACA wasn't enacted. What you're forgetting is that if your insurance company doesn't use 80% of what you pay in premiums then you get a rebate. Also be aware that if you have a pre existing condition like diabetes, you can't be charged more in premiums.
A RAND study, published in August 2013 estimated there would be “no widespread trend toward sharply higher prices in the individual market,” in the words of the lead author. But rates would likely vary from state to state.
The research group looked at 10 states and the U.S. overall, estimating no premium change for the U.S. at large and five states, a decline in two states, and an increase up to 43 percent in three states, not accounting for tax credits. The study, which held age, tobacco use and actuarial value (level of coverage) constant in comparisons, said average out-of-pocket costs would be unchanged or decline for all states once tax credits are factored in.
You can bitch about deductibles all you want but the law limits out of pocket expenses which will actually save you money.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192090 Aug 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
US drones reportedly begin flights over Syria after Obama gives OK
Obama on record:
"ISIS is the JV Team!"
Might I remind you...Of all the lies that Bush and his band of chicken hawks used for illegally invading Iraq . It will be a cake walk, we know right where the WMDs are located, the war will last a matter of weeks not months, they will be handing us Roses and Chocolate, they will be easy to accept democracy, we will be greeted as liberators. I could go on forever with all of the lies and misconceptions about Iraq. One of the biggest blunders in our history fueled by record setting lies.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192092 Aug 26, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I am sure the ignorant liberal didn't know. I thought I was going to have to explain it again. Good job.
I suggest that morons like you and carol stick with your tar baby mentality.

Prevented this

#1192093 Aug 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once in a great while, I have the chance to listen to his show while driving. It is both humorous and chilling.
Humorous in that the format fulfills racial stereotypes about blacks to a T. When a black caller asks Brother Sharpton a scripted, softball question, Little Alvin will shoot back like one of the Amos n Andy characters whereupon the caller will begin screaming Hallelujah, Brother! Amen, Amen ,...can I get a witness?!!!!.....blah, blah, blah, blah. It's a Hand-Clappin' Gospel sermon from The Jeffersons and you can hear the organ keyboard poundin' an' screamin'.....
Chilling in that the racism is deep, hot and heavy. The audience gets whipped up into a racist frenzy about evil white America....and therein lies the danger. Imagine a white radio talk show format that incessantly degrades everything black. and promotes audience aggression against Black Power...
It won't happen. The FCC would get a call from the Oval Office. The Magic Negro Network would jump into action and Charlie Rose with Tavis Smiley would have a line of black "professors" expressing their horror about white racism raising its ugly head.
And that evil turd is in Ferguson, MO as Magic Negro's Point Man. ISIS is here.
A judge is looking at evidence, which he considers legit: Holder and the O'bama administration paid rioters to loot and act like monkeys. I know for a fact Jesse Jackass took at least two buses of well er let's just say 'unemployed' in the real world sense...road trip to Ferguson. Rainbow Push coalition never attends a march or rally or looting without being paid. Every time you see blacks and JJ Jackass, they are being paid. Good thing they took those bangers to MO, because it cut down the shootings in Chicago over the weekend, only 37 blacks shot other blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min ThomasA 322,333
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Anthony Ramon 35,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web