Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563391 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191267 Aug 24, 2014
famous former poster wrote:
<quoted text>I'd spank the daylights outa that!
I'M SURE THE STAFF THERE THINKS I'M SOME OLD BEARDED PERVERT BUT ASK ME IF I CARE.... I JUST STAND THERE MOUTH OPEN AND FLY POKING OUT LIKE A PARTICULARLY VIRILE TEEN-AGER... I CAN'T HELP IT... IT'S JUST A PICTURE OF A NAKED WOMAN, NOT EVEN THE REAL THING! PLUS THIS IS SANDAL SEASON SO I'M PERFECTLY SCREWED... DC IS FULL OF BEAUTIFUL NEARLY NAKED WOMEN IN THE SUMMER... IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES IT BEARABLE.... AND, I'VE GOT THIS NIFTY LITTLE VIDEO CAMERA NOW.... HEP ME REMEMBER WHAT I'M LOOKIN' AT....

LOOKIT THE L'IL TUFTS OF DARK HAIR UNDER HER ARMS.... JUST SHOOT ME!...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191268 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Ferrerman !!!
IT IS, ISN'T IT!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1191269 Aug 24, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you can never stick to your original argument. Quit posting stupid things.
If a "NEWS" agency reports "unsubstantiated" rumors, they are no longer reporting the news. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Fox's vision is not truth in journalism.

Fox News: "Broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves."

Florida Appeals court: "It is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly."

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1191270 Aug 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you want Clinton to bomb for the attack on the USS Cole?
Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

In his final months in office, Clinton never retaliated against al-Qaida, frustrating some of his own counterterrorism advisors. Clinton later told the 9/11 commission he was never shown hard proof that Osama bin Laden’s operatives were behind the attack.

But two senior investigators — one with the FBI and another with the Naval Criminal Investigative Task Force — recently told NBC News there was actually compelling evidence that al-Qaida was responsible for the bombing almost immediately.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39622062/ns/us_news...

There were attacks previous to this in Yemen, Beirut and Saudi Arabia killing Americans.

Then there was the attack in February 1993 when a bomb in a van exploded in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.

Clinton wanted the terrorist responsible to have his day in court.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1191271 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The tensions are fueled by the very people who ignore the source of all these riots and the right message always seems to get lost in the shuffle of fueling the fire instead of putting it out.
In the meantime, we don't have the luxury of civil rights activists acting as President and Attorney General of the United States and putting this incident as their priority.
Not in the world in which we live. Our focus is being dangerously diverted. It concerns me greatly.
There's nothing like putting out a fire with gasoline to point out the hypocrisy coming from the white house.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/20/texas-g...

Like no white person has ever died at the hands of a cop? This crap wouldn't be going on if it had been a black cop that shot Michael. The violence isn't about police brutality.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191272 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL, IF WE UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECTLY, WE SHOOT HER IN THE FACE TWICE...
No Idiot’ Solution!!
She fled her country because she was being Oppress, now she’s Offended because of a Sign!! She’s ungrateful for her Freedoms send Her Back!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191273 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
know actual facts are anathema to conservatives but I'll try anyway
Here's some reading material for you about Nixon sabotaging Johnson's efforts to end the war for political gains
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/nixo...
"
In late October 1968 there were major concessions from Hanoi which promised to allow meaningful talks to get underway in Paris – concessions that would justify Johnson calling for a complete bombing halt of North Vietnam. This was exactly what Nixon feared.
President Johnson had at the time a habit of recording all of his phone conversations, and newly released tapes from 1968 detailed that the FBI had “bugged” the telephones of the South Vietnamese ambassador and of Anna Chennault, one of Nixon’s aides. Based on the tapes, says Taylor for the BBC, we learn that in the time leading up to the Paris Peace talks,“Chennault was despatched to the South Vietnamese embassy with a clear message: the South Vietnamese government should withdraw from the talks, refuse to deal with Johnson, and if Nixon was elected, they would get a much better deal.” The Atlantic Wire:
In the recently released tapes, we can hear Johnson being told about Nixon’s interference by Defence Secretary Clark Clifford. The FBI had bugged the South Vietnamese ambassadors phone. They had Chennault lobbying the ambassador on tape. Johnson was justifiably furious — he ordered Nixon’s campaign be placed under FBI surveillance. Johnson passed along a note to Nixon that he knew about the move. Nixon played like he had no idea why the South backed out, and offered to travel to Saigon to get them back to the negotiating table
From the nixon tapes
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/8...
Using language that has a painfully contemporary echo," Nixon and Kissinger talked tough on Vietnam in public while secretly preparing to withdraw, according to historian Robert Dallek.
"In Saigon the tendency is to fight the war to victory," Nixon told Kissinger as early as 1969, Dallek writes, "but you and I know it won't happen - it is impossible."
Nevertheless, the two agreed they should label the Democrats "the party of surrender" even as they maneuvered for a withdrawal, Dallek writes in "Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/nixon-k...
Brilliant-Interesting_Helpful.

With thousands of articles to select from__Flacko finds something from a Christian College in remote PA.

And__no discussion of our nation's Vietnam experience is legit or complete without the mention of Robert McNamara.

Now there was a guy who put out some dandy quotes.

Location hidden

#1191274 Aug 24, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless judgement calls are amusing ...
.....didn't Hitler had a dark side un 1945.......
Amazing
So you must think al Qaeda made sure Bush knew the exact day, time, targets and mode of attack and Bush ignored that information. Or that Clinton didn't pass it on to him. One or the other.

Not only were many Germans shocked at the depth of Hitler's dark side when the concentration camps were liberated but much of the civilized world. Many Germans were quite aware of Jews being harassed and then disappearing but not knowing their horrendous plight and probably others just not wanting to know. Other Germans were convinced Hitler was Germany's salvation to the bitter end and hated the Jews as much as he did.

Why do you find that so amazing?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1191275 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS, ISN'T IT!
Spanking is definitely his online legacy.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1191276 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'M NOT SURE YOU'RE GIVING SUFFICIENT CREDENCE TO THE "MAGIC NEGRO" CONCEPT?...
The L.A. Times was pretty prophetic on that one, huh.... what with his legislative legerdemain and the recent disappearing act he's managed to pull off.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1191277 Aug 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hamas stops firing missiles into Israel and blacks quit extorting from fellow Americans with riots , looting, Affirmative Action and Welfare then the world will become a better place.
See how simple that was?
"shinningelectr0n"
If hamas quits lobbing missiles into Israeli territory "uselesssinceforever000 " will be one pissed off individual. In her sick mind the only good Israeli is a dead Israeli.
Peace
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191278 Aug 24, 2014
Obama’s supporters Prime Candidates for ISIS, Weak, Submissive, and most of all… Cowards!!

Location hidden

#1191279 Aug 24, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing like putting out a fire with gasoline to point out the hypocrisy coming from the white house.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/20/texas-g...
Like no white person has ever died at the hands of a cop? This crap wouldn't be going on if it had been a black cop that shot Michael. The violence isn't about police brutality.
The Al's and Jesse's creating racial tensions have a stockpile of gasoline. Unfortunately, our two civil rights activists in the White House, Holder and Obama, seem glad to carry the fuel for them.

At least Obama sounded presidential for a change trying to put a lid on the violence. Much different tone than "the police acted stupidly".
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1191280 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a "NEWS" agency reports "unsubstantiated" rumors, they are no longer reporting the news. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Fox's vision is not truth in journalism.
Fox News: "Broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves."
Florida Appeals court: "It is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly."
Fox is the
"Fair and Balanced" network. At least they try to report the News. The rest of the mass media refuses to report the news,all they are willing to report is Obama propaganda. Since Obama lies 100% of the time,even if the mass media reported every thing that Obama said,they would still be reporting 100% lies. The real corruption "is" the mass media,they are worst than Obama himself. After all, Obama can't destroy our country all by himself,he needs the help to the masses. Take away the mass media , and Harry Reid,what does Obama really have--- just a bunch of lies and millions of idiots that will believe his lies.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191281 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The L.A. Times was pretty prophetic on that one, huh.... what with his legislative legerdemain and the recent disappearing act he's managed to pull off.
DUDE, YOU BEIN' AWFUL HARD ON THE MAN... HE ACTUALLY THOUGHT HE HAD A JOB TO DO AN' TRIED TO DO IT, NOW HE WORN OUT FROM ALL YOU NONSENSE.... REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS TAKE OFFICE KNOWIN' THEY NEVER GON' DO ANYTHING THEYSELVES... THIS GUY MAKE THE MISTAKE OF THINKIN' HE COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE... YOU BEGRUDGE HIM HIS TIME OFF? THAT JUS' MEAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HIS TIME ON LOOKS LIKE...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191282 Aug 24, 2014
FIRS' TIME I MEET THE MAN, HE HAPPY AN' KIDDIN' AROUN'... MICHELLE PINCH MY FAT ROLL TO LOOSEN ME UP... NEXT YEAR, HE GOIN' GREY AN' NO LONGER SMILIN' MUCH... THIRD TIME, HE BASICALLY DEAD INSIDE AN' MICHELLE LIKE A STATUE.. IT NOT A JOB ANYBODY WANTS AN', FRANKLY, YOU MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO... WHICH'D BE HANDY IF WE WERE LEMMINGS BUT IS NOT SO USEFUL WHEN WE IN TWO DECADE LONG WARS AN A RECESSION... OH WELL.. TIME FO' SOME PAYBACK...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191283 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Al's and Jesse's creating racial tensions have a stockpile of gasoline. Unfortunately, our two civil rights activists in the White House, Holder and Obama, seem glad to carry the fuel for them.
At least Obama sounded presidential for a change trying to put a lid on the violence. Much different tone than "the police acted stupidly".
UH-HUH... WELL, AT LEAS' YOU PEOPLE SEE THE FOLLY OF FOSSIL FUELS NOW, HUH?...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191284 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must think al Qaeda made sure Bush knew the exact day, time, targets and mode of attack and Bush ignored that information. Or that Clinton didn't pass it on to him. One or the other.
Not only were many Germans shocked at the depth of Hitler's dark side when the concentration camps were liberated but much of the civilized world. Many Germans were quite aware of Jews being harassed and then disappearing but not knowing their horrendous plight and probably others just not wanting to know. Other Germans were convinced Hitler was Germany's salvation to the bitter end and hated the Jews as much as he did.
Why do you find that so amazing?
Mindless drool! Check out some real good Hitler stuff at www.barnesreview.org
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191286 Aug 24, 2014
I DON' KNOW ABOUT YOU, TICKERS, BUT THIS WOMAN MAKES ME VERY GODDAM HARD.... WHY ELSE SHE NEED A MAN AT ALL?...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1191287 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol thinks the police taking a man downtown for breaking into their own home s good police work.

Why?? Because it was a black man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 315,165
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr The FACTory 11,281
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May '17 Into The Night 258,461
More from around the web