Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564060 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191245 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
One year after the 2012 election, all polls showed Romney would have won if the election had been held just one year later.
Don't know how the liberals on here can reconcile this with their incessant reminders Obama won.
Americans just woke up from their Obama-induced slumber a little too late. But there's always the silver lining - if we can just survive the rest of his second term while watching him play golf.
That's twice today for that rubbish girl.

Are you being remunerated for your participation here babe?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191246 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Devil is like a comedian who can hit it out of the park on a rare occasion but is so offensive the rest of the time, everyone gets up and leaves. You're the only one left in the room who is still even remotely amused.
Son, you shouldn't talk about others hitting "it out of the park" when you can't even get an at bat.....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191247 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You represent every liberal being the problem.
The Bush administration was on alert because al Qaeda had been sending the same threats long before Bush took office. Unfortunately, they didn't give anyone the time, the day, the targets, or the exact mode of attack.
It was precisely because Clinton took no action against the USS Cole or any other attack on our military overseas which emboldened al Qaeda. They claimed the U.S. was weak - again, long before Bush took office. Bush "inherited" it...since you liberals like that word so much.
The USS Cole was attacked on 12 Oct. 2000, why didn't Bush take action when he took office 2.5 months later.

You also conveniently forgot that everytime Clinton ordered stirkes, the Republicans cried that he was trying to distract the American public from really important issues, like a stained blue dress.

Actually al Qaeda didn't make threats, they just attacked. It was our intelligence community that was screaming aboutand impending attack
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191248 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS...
no ID, no vote...simple as that.....
There's nothing in the Constitution for that son.

And there is no law that required people to have ID's.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191250 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the idea that the death of one man in any way provides comfort to the victims of 9/11 is absurd.....
the enemy responsible for 9/11 is radical Islam, not bin Laden....
and radical Islam is alive and well....
since you are not related to any of the victims of 9/11, you won't mind if I ignore you ill informed opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191251 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless Little Johnny. Wish there were a whole bunch of real life Little Johnny's. The hope of all our future even if these Little Johnny's had to save Obama fans from themselves.
lol! It's amazing at you people accept as 'factual' and 'truthful' when you want to believe it.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1191252 Aug 24, 2014
- Starting at minute 17:30 the speaker shows that the World has been divided into 10 regions (as GOD has revealed to us would happen)- http://biblehub.com/revelation/17-12.htm , and are these the "contractors" the speaker mentions?- http://guardianlv.com/2014/06/isis-trained-by... , https://public.isishq.com/public/SitePages/Ho...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191253 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bush administration was on alert because al Qaeda had been sending the same threats long before Bush took office. Unfortunately, they didn't give anyone the time, the day, the targets, or the exact mode of attack.
It was precisely because Clinton took no action against the USS Cole or any other attack on our military overseas which emboldened al Qaeda. They claimed the U.S. was weak - again, long before Bush took office. Bush "inherited" it...since you liberals like that word so much.
Really son?

Tell me... when did the USS Cole incident take place?

Let's see if you can reconcile facts with your personal opinion....

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191254 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet, your hero LBJ set up 500,000 Americans as targets in Vietnam, while refusing to attack the enemy in its sanctuaries......
far better to have bombed North Vietnam back into the Stone Age.....by any means necessary....
I se your reading comprehension skills are about as good as your memory. I never said LBJ was my hero. Quite the contrary there feeble minded one, I have repeatedly stated LBJ should have been impeached for his false flag operation called the Gulf of Tonkin incident

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191255 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
One year after the 2012 election, all polls showed Romney would have won if the election had been held just one year later.
Don't know how the liberals on here can reconcile this with their incessant reminders Obama won.
Americans just woke up from their Obama-induced slumber a little too late. But there's always the silver lining - if we can just survive the rest of his second term while watching him play golf.
lol! You mean if Romney just kept his mouth shut and didn't say a word at any given time?

So tell me son, is that the strategy the next go 'round by your reich?
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191256 Aug 24, 2014
I WAS IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND, ON MY WAY TO THE MATISSE I RAN INTO THE MODIGLIANI.... I'VE NEVER BEEN AN ADMIRER OF MODIGLIANI, BUT HE CAPTURED MY ATTENTION THIS TIME... I COULD FEEL THE WEIGHT OF HER BREASTS... THE FIRMAMENT OF HER LOINS.... SHE TOOK ME....

http://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/Collection/...

THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1191257 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>

Who did you want Clinton to bomb for the attack on the USS Cole?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191258 Aug 24, 2014
This owner’s action Offends Me they remove this AD “Yield Sneakers Bacon” citing opposition from a Muslim Woman!!

Saturday morning the restaurant posted to Facebook,“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety (emphasis added). Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere!”

What if this same Person says she’s offended by your Face would you cover it up in Fear so not to offend her….What’s next you’ll Liberal PC Cowards!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191259 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Vietnam was a great success until you libtards gain power and cot off funding to the South Vietnamese. Typical libtards, claim defeat from victory.
know actual facts are anathema to conservatives but I'll try anyway

Here's some reading material for you about Nixon sabotaging Johnson's efforts to end the war for political gains
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/nixo...

"

In late October 1968 there were major concessions from Hanoi which promised to allow meaningful talks to get underway in Paris – concessions that would justify Johnson calling for a complete bombing halt of North Vietnam. This was exactly what Nixon feared.

President Johnson had at the time a habit of recording all of his phone conversations, and newly released tapes from 1968 detailed that the FBI had “bugged” the telephones of the South Vietnamese ambassador and of Anna Chennault, one of Nixon’s aides. Based on the tapes, says Taylor for the BBC, we learn that in the time leading up to the Paris Peace talks,“Chennault was despatched to the South Vietnamese embassy with a clear message: the South Vietnamese government should withdraw from the talks, refuse to deal with Johnson, and if Nixon was elected, they would get a much better deal.” The Atlantic Wire:

In the recently released tapes, we can hear Johnson being told about Nixon’s interference by Defence Secretary Clark Clifford. The FBI had bugged the South Vietnamese ambassadors phone. They had Chennault lobbying the ambassador on tape. Johnson was justifiably furious — he ordered Nixon’s campaign be placed under FBI surveillance. Johnson passed along a note to Nixon that he knew about the move. Nixon played like he had no idea why the South backed out, and offered to travel to Saigon to get them back to the negotiating table

From the nixon tapes

http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/8...

Using language that has a painfully contemporary echo," Nixon and Kissinger talked tough on Vietnam in public while secretly preparing to withdraw, according to historian Robert Dallek.

"In Saigon the tendency is to fight the war to victory," Nixon told Kissinger as early as 1969, Dallek writes, "but you and I know it won't happen - it is impossible."

Nevertheless, the two agreed they should label the Democrats "the party of surrender" even as they maneuvered for a withdrawal, Dallek writes in "Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/nixon-k...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191261 Aug 24, 2014
TSM wrote:
This owner’s action Offends Me they remove this AD “Yield Sneakers Bacon” citing opposition from a Muslim Woman!!
Saturday morning the restaurant posted to Facebook,“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety (emphasis added). Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere!”
What if this same Person says she’s offended by your Face would you cover it up in Fear so not to offend her….What’s next you’ll Liberal PC Cowards!!
WELL, IF WE UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECTLY, WE SHOOT HER IN THE FACE TWICE...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1191262 Aug 24, 2014
Patriot wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0jFtXG4fC5AXX - Starting at minute 17:30 the speaker shows that the World has been divided into 10 regions (as GOD has revealed to us would happen)- http://biblehub.com/revelation/17-12.htm , and are these the "contractors" the speaker mentions?- http://guardianlv.com/2014/06/isis-trained-by... , https://public.isishq.com/public/SitePages/Ho...
Giving any crediblity to the speaker is like paying attention to the homeless man on the street who is talking to invisible demons.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191263 Aug 24, 2014
famous former poster wrote:
<quoted text>I'd spank the daylights outa that!
DUDE! IS THAT YOU? GENIUS!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1191264 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Since when did being bias mean reporting lies? It is one thing for Fox to have a conservative bias and quite another for them to claim, as they do, that they have the right to lie. Not surprised you can't see the difference.
I love how you can never stick to your original argument. Quit posting stupid things.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1191265 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I se your reading comprehension skills are about as good as your memory. I never said LBJ was my hero. Quite the contrary there feeble minded one, I have repeatedly stated LBJ should have been impeached for his false flag operation called the Gulf of Tonkin incident
All Republicans are heros to Galt. Therefore, he makes the assumptions that all Democrats are heros to liberals. It's a consequence of harboring a closed mind.

As Thomas Paine said, "To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1191266 Aug 24, 2014
famous former poster wrote:
<quoted text>I'd spank the daylights outa that!
LOL. Ferrerman !!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 47 min Eagle 12 - 258,470
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Electric Blues 315,205
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 11,288
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web