Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1189281 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd be so happy in Cuba, N. Korea, China, i'm sure yur particular set of skills[snicker] are in demand there.
Ah! You're still looking for houses there?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1189282 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
an atheist, a hater and a liar.
lol! I agree you're at least all three and a lot more son!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189283 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
do you deny it, Run a Mug?
Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson was beaten, had ...
www.wjla.com/.../ferguson-police-officer-darr... ...
WJLA&#8209;TV
3 hours ago - FERGUSON, Mo.(ABC News)-- The Ferguson police officer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager suffered “a serious facial injury” in the ...
Ferguson Cop Had 'Serious Facial Injury,' Source Tells ABC ...
abcnews.go.com › US
ABC News
5 hours ago - The characterization about Officer Darren Wilson being injured in his confrontation with Michael Brown emerged on the day that a grand jury ...
BREAKING REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../breaking-report-... ...
1 day ago - Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the ... the shooting that the police officer involved suffered facial injuries.
deny away, dumbazz.
the video of the aftermath shows no injury.

and why wait a week? you'd think one of his colleagues would have punched him before now.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1189284 Aug 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather we lead off with a story about an uprising on a completely different continent than one right here in the United States?
looters and unemployed cry baby criminals aren't an uprising.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1189285 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd be so happy in Cuba, N. Korea, China, i'm sure yur particular set of skills[snicker] are in demand there.
hardly, my experience in democratic forms of governance would not be appreciated there...

what have you done to serve your community, state, or nation?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1189286 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
an atheist, a hater and a liar.
and since you still cannot show one single post of mine to be a lie, that makes you a liar...and a hypocrite..and a fool.

i have never claimed to be an atheist, in fact, i have clearly stated on several occasions i do not consider myself one...

do try to keep up, dear...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1189287 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Good one Real.
Actually, much better at chess than checkers. Don't know why.

Orlando, FL

#1189288 Aug 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Check Mate
The whole problem is you and RealDave believe the government actually cares about giving other people's money to the poor.

Money has been thrown at the poor in the War on Poverty since the Johnson era - probably in the billions.

Helping the poor is giving them a hand up to stand on their own two feet.

The question is why don't you and RealDave get that?

Orlando, FL

#1189289 Aug 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone been watching those interviews of refugees fleeing Islamist Terrorists in Iraq?
I's heart wrenching. One women cried as she described their running through the mountains seeing bodies of their relatives being eaten by insects. Another guy told of seeing Islamists firing automatic weapons into the beds of children as they slept. Torture, mutilation everywhere the Islamists go. One lady wept as she talked about how they've lived side-by-side with Muslims for generations while protecting each other through wars and famines but now suddenly they are our enemies.
And the children. My God, those poor children.
"Islam in a man is like Rabies in a dog" --- Winston Churchill
And America is supposed to mourn the death of one of Magic Negro's fat-azz sons who robbed a store and attacked a police officer?
Allah Akbar, Baby:-(
Afraid we're in a lot bigger trouble than any of us want to realize.

While focusing on a local problem without knowing any of the facts yet, we've lost sight of a developing storm that will make the civil unrest in the black community seem like a summer shower.

Our focus is on blacks convicting a policeman before knowing the facts in what could eventually be proven as self defense while we wait for heathens to threaten our own shores and millions of
Americans wait to receive health insurance cancellations this fall...and no one knows who's steering the ship.

We're in big, big trouble, shinning. I feel it in my gut.
Natty Bumppo

Kalispell, MT

#1189291 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
do you deny it, Run a Mug?
Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson was beaten, had ...
www.wjla.com/.../ferguson-police-officer-darr... ...
WJLA&#8209;TV
3 hours ago - FERGUSON, Mo.(ABC News)-- The Ferguson police officer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager suffered “a serious facial injury” in the ...
Ferguson Cop Had 'Serious Facial Injury,' Source Tells ABC ...
abcnews.go.com › US
ABC News
5 hours ago - The characterization about Officer Darren Wilson being injured in his confrontation with Michael Brown emerged on the day that a grand jury ...
BREAKING REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../breaking-report-... ...
1 day ago - Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the ... the shooting that the police officer involved suffered facial injuries.
deny away, dumbazz.
The only thing the officer did wrong was to pump only 6 rounds in this fat ass black unemployed POS who was and is a thief. I would have pumped 15 rounds of 9mm in his fat ass to take down this 300 lb. popeye chicken eatin' MFer. Do the job right, that's all I ask.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1189292 Aug 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i voiced no opinion, i stated facts, as always.
Hee, Hee.

Right. Facts.

Just like your "proven" false god routine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ......

Lapeer, MI

#1189293 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiney is an Einstein compared to a quacking , hating, duck street sweeper like you, Daffy
If Wooddick walked into a Catatonic Ward, there would instantly be hundreds of Einsteins around him:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1189294 Aug 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
While focusing on a local problem without knowing any of the facts yet, we've lost sight of a developing storm that will make the civil unrest in the black community seem like a summer shower.
Our focus is on blacks convicting a policeman before knowing the facts in what could eventually be proven as self defense while we wait for heathens to threaten our own shores and millions of
Americans wait to receive health insurance cancellations this fall...and no one knows who's steering the ship.
I believe that optimism is the fundamental Default Mode of humans beings. Hope springs eternal, every cloud has a silver lining, The Sun Also Rises, The darkest hour is just before dawn, etc.

But it is also dangerously unhealthy to act Pollyanna-like believing that Magic Negro has a plan, that Islam is truly a religion of peace and that if we all just learn to hold hands that everything will be alright.

When Something Evil This Way Comes, it is time to go to Home Depot and Walmart to stock up on flashlights, water and ammunition.

With a smile on your face:-)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1189295 Aug 20, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, Wooddick, we get it. You're a religious bigot and a hater. Just go pray to your mirror or the pile of dog crap in your back yard. Whatever..... You're sounding like a broken record.
And here I thought you people hated Muslims.

Oh wait! You do!

Lapeer, MI

#1189296 Aug 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When I watch blacks rioting in the streets carrying and wearing their stolen loot, I am reminded of the critical importance of understanding just how dangerous cultural stupidity and ignorance can be to the larger whole.

We often laugh at those stupid people and cultures and understandably so but it is also a danger sign when these Ferguson events occur and we let it slide by so as to not seem "racially insensitive".

But then there comes another Ferguson and another and we once again twiddle our fingers nervously, hemming and hawing about the "white guilt" Magic Negro and the Jesse Sharptons so cleverly try to instill in us. Meanwhile, black profit soars with stolen goods and more Affirmative Action giveaways to placate the primal beast.

....until the next Ferguson.
Patrick

United States

#1189297 Aug 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When I watch blacks rioting in the streets carrying and wearing their stolen loot, I am reminded of the critical importance of understanding just how dangerous cultural stupidity and ignorance can be to the larger whole.
We often laugh at those stupid people and cultures and understandably so but it is also a danger sign when these Ferguson events occur and we let it slide by so as to not seem "racially insensitive".
But then there comes another Ferguson and another and we once again twiddle our fingers nervously, hemming and hawing about the "white guilt" Magic Negro and the Jesse Sharptons so cleverly try to instill in us. Meanwhile, black profit soars with stolen goods and more Affirmative Action giveaways to placate the primal beast.
....until the next Ferguson.
Still hating America ?
Patrick

United States

#1189298 Aug 20, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Some of them pick the radical islamic terrorists over Obama and the United States.
Can't figure out why they want to live in a country they hate so much.....
Traitors are supporting the enemies of the USA
Patrick

United States

#1189299 Aug 20, 2014
Good Coffee in the Morning -Jamaican Blue Mountain
-
Sally Perk Your Coffee Pot

Please don't ask for coffee
when only a few will buy.
I'd rather not put on a pot
than leave it to burn dry.

So Sally won't perk coffee now.
It's not the time of day.
And me a patient gentleman
asks for tea this way:

"Sally; put the coffee on"
Sally will say "No"!
And then I'll take a cup of tea
and on my way I'll go.

Sometimes I will get some luck
and Sally serves my wants.
After all; there's too much tea
than this whole world flaunts.

So Sally perk your coffee pot.
I see it's getting busy.
The time has come for you to shine
and free me from this tizzy.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1189300 Aug 20, 2014
Haz Mat wrote:
<quoted text> You are an Atheist is that correct?
"Haz Mat"
"woodendick000" is a phoney. He offers nothing. He has one goal, to pester others. He is by his own words a "dyed in the wool conservative, a conservative who kisses nobama's fanny at every opportunity. He has one accomplishment he is mocked by all no matter where they stand politically.
Peace
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1189301 Aug 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Traitors are supporting the enemies of the USA
The fifth column...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 238,375
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 309,755
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web