Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278936 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1187790 Aug 18, 2014
A worthwhile read...

NBA legend writes 'The Coming Race War Won't Be About Race'

Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul Jabbar has, in recent years, penned some of the most thoughtful and balanced op-eds about race, class, and other cultural issues I've read.

Jabbar takes aim in Time Magazine at both sides in the Ferguson story and points out that the issue isn't race - it's class, and the helplessness felt by the poor and angst ridden Middle Class is a deliberate attempt by a corrupt power structure to remain in control.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/n...
Waxman

Miami, FL

#1187791 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a disconnect somewhere in her brain that misinterprets just about everything she reads and hears. By the time she repeats a story, it is all gobbledygook.
Like all of your posts?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1187792 Aug 18, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations loser! It looks like you hit the 28,000 dumbass post landmark.
Looks like you still can’t shake this compulsive addiction of yours to spending hours a day whining about any news topic and blaming Obama for your miserable life.
thank god you keep track of my post count. Don't know what I would do without you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187793 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying he shouldn't be arrested because the kid he murdered was black??
go it. just the right wing usual.
no evidence of any crime....except strong arm robbery of a convenience store.....

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1187794 Aug 18, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny! Agree !Brilliant!
Thank you, the skank stole the comment from ME!

Like you, she's dull as dirt and hasn't an original thought in her brain.
Ray Donovan

Middlefield, CT

#1187795 Aug 18, 2014
Monday was supposed to be Michael Brown's first day at technical college. Instead, his parents were planning his funeral.

The 18-year-old was shot by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb on Saturday, sparking a federal civil rights inquiry, local protests and national debate.

"He was funny, silly. He would make you laugh. Any problems that were going on or any situation, there wasn't nothing he couldn't solve. He'd bring people back together," his father, Michael Brown Sr., told reporters.

"He was a leader. He knew what he wanted out of life," his father said. "He was a good kid."

Then comes the video...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1187796 Aug 18, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
thank god you keep track of my post count. Don't know what I would do without you.
You'd probably lose your second wife without me. While you were ignoring your first wife she was out blowing your buddies. Could you tell which one she was with when you kissed her goodnight?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187797 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I wonder how many shots were made in total; seems that the cop was wildly shooting and shooting and finally shot him in the head twice. Sounds like overkill to me. He could have shot him in the legs to stop him, the shots in the arms were probably meant for the chest; the cop was shooting to kill.
ludicrous....

the only kill shots were the last two, after the gentle giant refused to stop.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1187798 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I wonder how many shots were made in total; seems that the cop was wildly shooting and shooting and finally shot him in the head twice. Sounds like overkill to me. He could have shot him in the legs to stop him, the shots in the arms were probably meant for the chest; the cop was shooting to kill.
They keep saying he was unarmed. To me a 6' 4" 294 pound male is a weapon unto himself. I've heard that he had already punched the cop in the face during the struggle at the car. If he was charging the cop then he would have feared for his life, making the shootings justified.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187799 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. IF Brown was charging at the officer, it could very well take six shots to stop him. He was 6'4" and almost 300 lbs. Four shots in the arm are not going to stop him.
Remember, this entire incident happened in the span of three minutes.(The officer encountered Brown and Johnson at 12:01 a.m. and by 12:04 a.m. the second officer arrived...after the shooting.)
Dr. G said this morning on TV, "Justice takes time". "It is too early to make a determination." "It will take a long time to sort out." She then went on to say that people who are calling for the arrest of the police officer before the facts are known are absolutely wrong. "That's not the way it works."
Unfortunately, letting out snippets of information to appease the public gives an incomplete picture and feeds speculation. BOTH sides deserve justice.
who the hell is "Dr. G"????....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1187800 Aug 18, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>certainly you must realize Albert Gonzalez was protected by the liberal machine that controls Kenosha.
And certainly you must realize O'bama, because of the happy ending mission accomplished Iraq war, is the one that decided to give military equipment to cities. It has never happened before in history, but under the O'bama administration, police departments all over the country, are militarized. Get it? Good.
The law that allowed this was passed in 1990 .

My God you are dumber than sh*t.
Waxman

Miami, FL

#1187801 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Prove that it's a myth that white cops are killing black kids. How many cops have been charged with murder for killing people?
Ho many blacks kill cops? Why don't you prove something instead of flappin your old sagging jowl lips.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187802 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Prove that it's a myth that white cops are killing black kids. How many cops have been charged with murder for killing people?
only those where there was evidence of a crime....

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1187803 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself. I have been using "badges of honor" for years to describe those judgits. If anyone is "plagiarism" anyone, it must be you. I have never been on any "atheist forum". You really are a nutcase.
You lying sack of shit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187804 Aug 18, 2014
scirocco wrote:
A worthwhile read...
NBA legend writes 'The Coming Race War Won't Be About Race'
Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul Jabbar has, in recent years, penned some of the most thoughtful and balanced op-eds about race, class, and other cultural issues I've read.
Jabbar takes aim in Time Magazine at both sides in the Ferguson story and points out that the issue isn't race - it's class, and the helplessness felt by the poor and angst ridden Middle Class is a deliberate attempt by a corrupt power structure to remain in control.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/n...
Lew Alcindor was a great basketball player....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187805 Aug 18, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C.– The school teachers lounge is a respite from more than just bratty kids. It’s a safe zone from the long arm of Michelle Obama’s food police.

Students are already revolting against the newly-implemented school snack regulations that affect what is sold in vending machines.

They will probably be equally upset to learn the vending machine just across the hall – in the teachers lounge – is exempt from the regulations.

In the Spring 2014 issue of School Nutrition News, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction rationalized school employees can continue to get candy bars and Fritos from the vending machine in the teachers lounge. They’re exempt from the new rules because “they aren’t accessible to students.”

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1187806 Aug 18, 2014
If the police have become too militarized and are being trained to think the safety of citizens is no longer first and foremost and comes after the safety of officers above all else, we have to address this problem. Everyone wants the police to be safe and have the necessary weapons to protect themselves, but a militarized police state is when innocent citizens are considered nothing more than collateral damage if the police get it wrong or become trigger happy.

It's the fear of this happening in the minds of many ordinary law-abiding citizens that heightens the anger when it's a race-related criminal incident and creates such hysteria.

There's going to be more fatal shootings in black neighborhoods by the police because the dissolution of the family in black neighborhoods has created crime-breeding environments.

Which is the first problem that must be addressed or the hysteria surrounding race-related police fatalities is never going to end.

That's my opinion anyway.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1187807 Aug 18, 2014
The more TRUTH gets leaked out the worse everything from this WhiteHouse is.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1187808 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying he shouldn't be arrested because the kid he murdered was black??
go it. just the right wing usual.
7 blacks murdered in Chicago in less than 3 days, no one cares? no one was arrested.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187809 Aug 18, 2014
gentle giant reported to have been high on drugs....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 min Patriot AKA Bozo 6,976
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr -Stray Dog 247,812
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 310,236
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr tom wingo 29,964
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web