Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1785164 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1189393 Aug 21, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
PUDupont: Good for West. We have American Blacks and this African-American crapola is anti-American. West said he was American. PERIOD. John Kerry's wife, Teresa, is an African-American. She was born in South Africa, raised there, and eventually immigrated to here and became a citizen. Thanks to racist imbeciles like you, Blacks have not been able to escape liberal slavery.
Your response comes as no surprise considering the racist piece of fecal matter you demonstrate that you are on a daily or even hourly basis.
You're an idiot Paddy; you always have been and always will be!
Patrick

United States

#1189394 Aug 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am the Attorney General of the United States, but I am also a black man," Holder told Ferguson residents at a community meeting.
The Racist Pig begins his racist snorting. The flames will only get higher.
Turn on the hand dryer. Do you recommend a high speed hand dryer? Are they better for the user? Can you get more users through a busy bathroom day?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1189395 Aug 21, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
The last thing Michael Brown did before he was shot was loot a store.
The first thing the so-called "protesters" did was loot a store.
Does anyone need help figuring out what all of this is really about?
I remember the signs after a hurricane, "Looters will be shot", and everybody knew they meant it. Not much looting in the communities of Louisiana after a hurricane... until New Orleans and Katrina.
In our country we have laws and people have a right to a trial for their alleged crimes. Go back to Russia.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1189396 Aug 21, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Shinning, the word should be THEN not THAN--You and yours are complete losers.
The Smelling Police are back!

Doesn't that nose get in the way when you're love-making?

Lapeer, MI

#1189397 Aug 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton is white. Really.
Being of a certain sex has nothing to do with race. Neither is being Italian or fat.
There are degrees involved here.
Using racial slurs is well beyond telling a joke about a blond using white out on her Ipad.
Making a joke about women & shopping is not the same as calling women the "c" word in an ugly way.
Why do you defend Eed's use of a racial slur?
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, boy.

Feigning insult with every post you read is getting very boring, azzhole.

Find another cause celebre, Idiot.

Coats For Cocker Spaniels?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189398 Aug 21, 2014
Ferguson, MO and Our Neighbors’ Love

There is a lot that bothers me about all of this. I am bothered by the slow response from the Ferguson Police. Many facts could have mitigated some of the issues. I am bothered by so much of the media getting so many of the early facts wrong. I am bothered by so many people who wish to treat this as a binary situation. I am bothered by the Al Sharpton’s and Jesse Jackson’s of the world swooping in to fan the flames and fundraise.

But I am most bothered by the near gleefulness of some that the early facts were wrong. I do not wish to upset friends and friendships, but I have been flooded with emails and comments on social media to the effect of “see now, the thug got what he deserved. Will you admit you were wrong?” That bothers me most of all and on two fronts. First, because it distracts from but does not negate the issue of police over-militarization. That is still a separate and legitimate issue some conservatives suddenly want to casually set aside and not make eye contact with.

But most importantly, I am appalled at the people who think “the thug got what he deserved.” And that has been a common sentiment of more than one person driving around with an ichthys on the back of their car. I am appalled at the people who view this situation in terms of winners and losers: of arguments, of laws, of politics, etc. There are no winners here. There’s a dead eighteen year old, a community torn up, an injured policeman, and a hell of a lot of division upon which the usual vultures will feast.

But there are no winners.

Ferguson, MO is about 650 miles from where I am and they are my neighbors. They are American citizens. They are families. And because of a tragedy they find themselves at the center of a national political conversation where there are now sides trying to win an argument and a fight. I am not sure what the victory will be. But damned if it won’t be politicized.

After the jury rendered its verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, I wrote “There are no sides but Justice to root for, but a Justice that will leave one side unsatisfied and still empty. Both sides made mistakes in this awful mess.” It is true in Ferguson, MO too.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/20/ferguson-m...

before one of you nutjobs jumps me.....that's a right wing site, run by a guy who works for FOX. if you don't like what he had to say go to that site and comment.

Lapeer, MI

#1189399 Aug 21, 2014
Obumbles the Zero wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder is another one who like the media doesn't want this to die down. Maybe Professional Looter will become one of the jobs created in the Obumbles Economy.
Holder and Obumbles and their media lapdogs distort the facts to deliberately incite tensions and support their leftist agenda--similar to Obumbles making up lots of shit in his autobiographies,
Examples: In the Trayvon Martin case, so-called journalists published photos of Martin as a diminutive adolescent, not more recent pictures of Martin as a 17-year old who was much taller than Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was referred to by the New York Times as a "white Hispanic" (a term not usually accorded those of mixed ancestry).
ABC News was accused of airing footage of Zimmerman shortly after his encounter with Martin that concealed the severity of Zimmerman's head injuries.
NBC edited a recording of Zimmerman's 911 call to police in a way that suggested Zimmerman was a racist.
CNN falsely speculated that Zimmerman may have used the racial slur "coon" during his 911 call.
In the Brown case, the media has rushed to portray the victim as a "gentle giant" who was almost certainly gunned down by a racist, trigger-happy cop. Only days later it was reported that just minutes before his death, the 6-foot-4, 292-pound Brown had allegedly committed a strong-armed robbery, bullying and assaulting a store owner half his size -- and had been almost immediately been stopped not far away for walking down the middle of the road.
The media has never met a thug they didn't love--it's the cops they are indoctrinated in lib progressive schools to hate.
Liberal Media is a dangerous Fifth Column working OT for the Magic Negro and those snakes who follow him.

More riots at eleven.......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189400 Aug 21, 2014
Police Officer in Ferguson Threatens to Kill Protester

He is a cop. If you don't want to get hurt, don't challenge him.

Via NYMag comes some pretty shocking video from Ferguson last night. By all media accounts, last night was the first night of relative calm in several days and the crowd had settled in to peaceful protest. In the middle of this comes two astonishing videos of a police officer (I cannot tell which department he is with) threatening to kill protesters who were engaged in no obvious acts of violence at all, including aggressively pointing what appears to be a tricked out carbine, a police version of the Army’s M4A1 at the crowd.

I don’t know this guy’s story but I think it’s fairly obvious for the safety of all concerned that he should perhaps be pulled off crowd control for the immediate future. To say nothing of facing potential disciplinary charges, depending on the facts of the case. I can see nothing that occurs on the video that would justify an actual threat on the lives of these protesters but at least this time everyone escaped from this situation with their lives.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/20/police-off...

he's been suspended. indefinitely.

Lapeer, MI

#1189401 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>In our country we have laws and people have a right to a trial for their alleged crimes. Go back to Russia.
But a white cop is being hanged in public in the Liberal Media by a racist POTUS and his Boy Eric.

Stay in Russia:-)
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1189402 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>In our country we have laws and people have a right to a trial for their alleged crimes. Go back to Russia.
This man didn't get a right to a trial either:

St. Louis Police Release Video Of Kajieme Powell Killing That Appears At Odds With Their Story

But the newly released cell phone footage undermines the statement, showing Powell approaching the cops, but not coming as close as was reported, with his hands at his side. The officers began shooting within 15 seconds of their arrival, hitting Powell with a barrage of bullets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/20/kaji...

Lapeer, MI

#1189403 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn on the hand dryer. Do you recommend a high speed hand dryer? Are they better for the user? Can you get more users through a busy bathroom day?
Odd to hear Patrick talk about drying his hands in the Restroom.

Don't you normally just wipe them on your pants after you finish with a customer?

“Support Safe School Bill”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1189404 Aug 21, 2014
Obama has lost the Daily News.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/502291...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1189405 Aug 21, 2014
Statistics show that every 6 hours a rightwingers drowns attempting the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1189406 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
There is a lot that bothers me about all of this. I am bothered by the slow response from the Ferguson Police. Many facts could have mitigated some of the issues. I am bothered by so much of the media getting so many of the early facts wrong. I am bothered by so many people who wish to treat this as a binary situation. I am bothered by the Al Sharpton’s and Jesse Jackson’s of the world swooping in to fan the flames and fundraise.
But I am most bothered by the near gleefulness of some that the early facts were wrong. I do not wish to upset friends and friendships, but I have been flooded with emails and comments on social media to the effect of “see now, the thug got what he deserved. Will you admit you were wrong?” That bothers me most of all and on two fronts. First, because it distracts from but does not negate the issue of police over-militarization. That is still a separate and legitimate issue some conservatives suddenly want to casually set aside and not make eye contact with.
But most importantly, I am appalled at the people who think “the thug got what he deserved.” And that has been a common sentiment of more than one person driving around with an ichthys on the back of their car. I am appalled at the people who view this situation in terms of winners and losers: of arguments, of laws, of politics, etc. There are no winners here. There’s a dead eighteen year old, a community torn up, an injured policeman, and a hell of a lot of division upon which the usual vultures will feast.
Ferguson, MO is about 650 miles from where I am and they are my neighbors. They are American citizens. They are families. And because of a tragedy they find themselves at the center of a national political conversation where there are now sides trying to win an argument and a fight. I am not sure what the victory will be. But damned if it won’t be politicized.
After the jury rendered its verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, I wrote “There are no sides but Justice to root for, but a Justice that will leave one side unsatisfied and still empty. Both sides made mistakes in this awful mess.” It is true in Ferguson, MO too.
before one of you nutjobs jumps me.....that's a right wing site, run by a guy who works for FOX. if you don't like what he had to say go to that site and comment.
Clear thinking, thoughtful conservatives are getting harder and harder to find - Homer
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1189407 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
There is hope in the world that not all rightwingers are dittoheads. Overheard in a car wash yesterday that had a tv on reporting on the beheading of the journalist, a man went to the cashier to pay and said : "And Obama went golfing after that, he did!"
The cashier said nothing, just stared ahead, I stared at him too and when no one responded to his robotic dittohead comment, he just skulked away. I was phenomenal!
I wonder if they realize that they are programmed?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1189408 Aug 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Smelling Police are back!
Doesn't that nose get in the way when you're love-making?
Yes, she must have smelled your shyt again
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1189409 Aug 21, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Shinning, the word should be THEN not THAN--You and yours are complete losers.
BAM! Good shot Leo
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1189410 Aug 21, 2014
Obama check in/out in 2009!! Obama’s attributes (Fundraising/Golf) Liabilities (Governing) Obama is a Guy that loves the Perks but not the Work….Golf Anyone!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1189412 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
Statistics show that every 6 hours a rightwingers drowns attempting the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Laura waterboarded George; he loved it
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189413 Aug 21, 2014
TSM wrote:
Obama check in/out in 2009!! Obama’s attributes (Fundraising/Golf) Liabilities (Governing) Obama is a Guy that loves the Perks but not the Work….Golf Anyone!!
do ya think he'll beat Bush's record? he's got a long way to go to get to 879 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min Prune 346,425
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 36,123
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4