Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403329 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188664 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She does the news/business news segments on Imus In The Morning Show. Way to early for left coast people. No offense.
no offense taken. Forces in California are pushing hard for free health insurance for illegal, so I'm aware if the loony bin I live in.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1188665 Aug 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I was recently stuck on the 405 heading to long beach (can take 2 hours to go about 40 miles) and I thought that if these damn cars could just talk to each other we could be moving alot faster.
"....if these damn cars could just talk to each other we could be moving alot faster."

The same applies to humans and sociopolitical progress.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Halstead, UK

#1188666 Aug 19, 2014
the last word with Barack O.

well, we all know Barack O. likes his back talk, or was that black talk; anyhow? NAP is the new NWO, that is the New Age Policy is to be frank, the new word and works program, instead, of the New World Order.

Now post- post-modernist society has begun or PPM SOC: society will secrete quite a number of pogroms; NAP is one of those. In fact PPM SOC NAP will be one of the biggest efforts made by western mankind to grasp if not grapple with the future.

PPM SOC NAP and is it a Program or is it a Pogrom? Answers on a postcard.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1188667 Aug 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they arrest Ted Kennedy?
They couldn't find him he was hiding out with Clyde Tolson. and Elizabeth Ray.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1188668 Aug 19, 2014
Fun with statistics...

'... 52,901 law enforcement officers assaulted in the line of duty.'

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/october/...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188669 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Anonymous posted the dispatch logs on this thread?
Check here___for yes
Check here___for oops wrong thread.
Officer Wilson fkd up__and bank that he knew he fkd up.before Brown hit the pavement.
check here ___ for there's life outside of topix. It was posted on several loony left wing sites. Ask sonic, he visits them often.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1188670 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lily can't handle her neighbor's dog without calling the cops......
hahahahaha...

Lapeer, MI

#1188671 Aug 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to get to the bottom of your posts just to see what loony left wing cite your are quoting.
That is funny.

I do the same thing:-)

mediamatters, moveon, mother jones, blah, blah, blah......sonic makes me look Ultra Left Wing so much that my neck is sore.
Mugsy

United States

#1188672 Aug 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters for America
RSS
About
Contact
Blog
Video
Research
Issues
Mythopedia
TAKE ACTION
Follow us on Google +
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
DONATE
Seven Surveys Make A Trend For Fox And Viewers
Blog ››› November 22, 2011 1:35 PM EST ››› ERIC BOEHLERT
Print Email
The release yesterday of yet another survey indicating the more you watch Fox News the less they know, has once again shone a spotlight on one of the unique features that defines Rupert Murdoch's cable news outlet - it is very, very good at misinforming people. And it's very bad at reporting the news.
In other words: Propaganda? Yes. News? Not so much.
It's true that the most recent survey, conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University, only polled adults in New Jersey and doesn't represent national indictment against Fox. Nonetheless, the findings created a media stir because they reinforce what pollsters and academics previously discovered; that one of the country's all-news channels consistently leaves viewers less informed.
What's stunning is how many different areas of the news and public policy Fox viewers are misinformed about. For instance, the Fairleigh Dickinson survey asked viewers about recent grassroots uprisings in Arab nations [emphasis added]:
For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all..... Fox News watchers are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government than those who watch no news.
That just means we can add the Arab Spring to the laundry list of issues Fox fans are less knowledgeable about. Here are some previously documented examples.
It's great to see you continually citing these obscure liberal sources as if anyone gives them any credence. I guess that's one way to compensate for the overt failures of liberal networks. The funny thing is you wouldn't continue to dwell on Fox if you didn't think they had any legitimacy nor posed a threat. After all, they are disreputable in your eyes, so why care what they say, right? Oh wait, most of you liberals still cling to chastising Fox, which means you know they are successful. Too bad, so sad!

Lapeer, MI

#1188673 Aug 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
me?
Nazis Can’t Do Math: Reflections on Racism, Crime and the Illiteracy of Right-Wing Statistical Analysis
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-...
sonic is skilled at finding every Ultra Left Wing Wacko website known to mankind..

He's also highly proficient at taking normal data from normal sources and turning it into a child's graffiti art show and is just as proud of it as a child.

but we still love 'em(pat on the head):-)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1188674 Aug 19, 2014
Fun with statistics and why would a cop shoot anyone....

in 2009...

the rate for assaults was 10.3 per 100 officers...

Dempsey, J.(2013).'Police'. Delmare,Cengage Learning: NY,

Lapeer, MI

#1188675 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
what kind of parent would allow their child to demonstrate in the street in Ferguson???...
A very ugly one.....the same kind that would encourage their child to rob party stores and assault police and call it black pride.
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1188676 Aug 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters for America
RSS
About
Contact
Blog
Video
Research
Issues
Mythopedia
TAKE ACTION
Follow us on Google +
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
DONATE
Seven Surveys Make A Trend For Fox And Viewers
Blog ››› November 22, 2011 1:35 PM EST ››› ERIC BOEHLERT
Print Email
Nice copy/paste job, dipsht.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Halstead, UK

#1188677 Aug 19, 2014
Barack O's PPM SOC NAP.

well it's a bit like mine, rocky but intuitive. Space exploration has been all but drained from the budget's forum. NASA is so poor, look and see whose next in at the food bank motel, might bring up a few surprises.

eternity is reciprocal without end. A Truth without doubt.
We are now have a thick highway of satellite created planets.

Much to discuss and to think about, when we think about a new age policy for 2014.

Location hidden

#1188678 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for that town to heal is for that cop to be fired; he'd have to be out of his mind to stay in that town anyway. It's over. He's trigger happy and incompetent.
Just close your eyes and imagine if that kid was a big fat white kid and a black cop gunned him down?
I'd think he was a really dumb, arrogant or high fat kid who was looking for a world of hurt robbing a store and then taking on an armed cop.

What's your excuse for believing you have the intellect to win what isn't even a real argument? Oh yeah, how could we forget, you're a deluded, radical racist with tunnel vision.

Lapeer, MI

#1188679 Aug 19, 2014
Homer wrote:
Folks, if you haven't got a clue, you're probably watching Fox News.
Hee, Hee.

So says the mighty cockroach that skitters when the lights are turned on:-)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1188680 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__let me take a guess__97.1FM's The Dana Show.
ROFLMAO
You couldn't find something by Jim Hoft? Bart Sibrel? Alan Caruba? Or Carol's butt pall from Temecula the mysterious Robert M Groome???
Bill Maher

Lapeer, MI

#1188681 Aug 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
one network nightly news show beats every FOX show. by a mile.
a fact often ignored by FOXbots.
There is Gold in them Ferguson Streets, Boy!

Black chillin' are lurnin' the Profit Motive in Ferguson.

Just be sure to wear a Hamas Mask when doin' it:-)
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1188682 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great to see you continually citing these obscure liberal sources as if anyone gives them any credence. I guess that's one way to compensate for the overt failures of liberal networks. The funny thing is you wouldn't continue to dwell on Fox if you didn't think they had any legitimacy nor posed a threat. After all, they are disreputable in your eyes, so why care what they say, right? Oh wait, most of you liberals still cling to chastising Fox, which means you know they are successful. Too bad, so sad!
I remember just a few short years ago the subject of having the FCC actually ¨ban¨ FOX.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/liberal-jou...

This is NOT as far fetched as some on the left would claim. They'd do it in a heartbeat if they could get away with it.

Location hidden

#1188683 Aug 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that at least one of the shots to the arm could have been while running away. That could easily be interpreted as being shot in the back.
Of course, you have already decided.
I was witness to the cops shooting a guy who was robbing a bank when I was 19. They shot him three times and he was still running faster than I'd ever seen any human run; his legs were a blur. On the news the next day the reporter said he was high on crack and they suspect that was what kept him on his feet, that, mixed with adrenaline was a powerful brew.

It probably took more lead to take Michael down because of his large girth; sometimes bullets lodge in fat/blubber and never make it to a vital organ or major artery. A little something to consider if you're ever assaulted by an immense person. I'd go for the neck or head first if all I had was a small caliber weapon. Or a knee. Fat people go down fast with only one leg to stand on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr _Susan_ 255,927
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr JackArmStrong 311,485
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr litesong 9,985
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web