Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232438 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1186247 Aug 15, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
Sarah Palin gave an undeniably bizarre response to Elizabeth Warren's calls for a minimum wage increase three weeks ago. Speaking on her new TV channel earlier this week, Palin said the following:
"We believe?" Wait, I thought fast food joints, hurh. Don't you guys think that they're like of the Devil or somethin' I was. Liberals, you want to send those evil employees who would dare work at a fast food joint then ya just don't believe in, thought you wanted to, I dunno, send them to Purgatory or somethin' so they all go VEGAN and, uh, wages and picket lines I dunno they're not often discussed in Purgatory, are they? I dunno why are you even worried about fast food wages because...d...
Well, we believe an America where minimum wage jobs they're not lifetime gigs they're stepping stones..."
Some Democratic activists and left-leaning news sites have speculated that Palin was in fact drunk.
SPEAKIN' OF ELECTRIC CATS....
The left wingnuts are all over this making a mockery of themselves over a fake Indian
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1186248 Aug 15, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're in a fight for life, you're supposed to be exuberant is you live and your opponent dies. Why wouldn't a sane man be happy to win. Thugon was just another POS, not much of a loss.
Zim started it son.

But your point is the same ones others have made regarding abuse of the law... getting into a fight then claiming to have to use the weapon because you're losing.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1186249 Aug 15, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down with the parents? Really, Dave?
Is this is your solution to dealing with future alleged felons?
Why are dead ¨black kids¨ only important when killed by white cops?
Politics? Naturally.
My God you whiners are dumber than shit.

The problem in Ferguson is not so much the shooting but the reaction.

The Reaction happened & the protest started because no one knew anything.

My post was about the bad reaction & how it could have been prevented.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1186250 Aug 15, 2014
Hey...Obama Isn't Having Much Fun On His Latest Vacation, Gosh… I almost wanna Cry!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1186251 Aug 15, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
The left wingnuts are all over this making a mockery of themselves over a fake Indian
As if any proof was needed as to your fanaticism, damn man Palin is a total nutcase, Just think that bozo could easily have been Vice President one tick away, tell me that isn't scary?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1186252 Aug 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown's sidekick should shut his mouth and get an attorney real quick.....
possible felony murder charge.....
Nah__they cut Darien Johnson loose already. And he's got a lawyer.

No biggie__no wrongdoing on his part that can be proven so far.

Maybe they'll circle around and nab him after the autopsy report results are released and the community has settled down some. He definitely lied__but he lied to a news crew Hah! Lying to news crews is legal__encouraged actually because no matter what you tell a news crew they'll change it around to make their own point.

Chambersburg, PA

#1186253 Aug 15, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"holding the country hostage" is a political term invented by divisive libturds that has nothing to do with reality.
Did or did not Ted Cruz shut down government costing our economy billions of dollars to get his way?

We need stimulus job bills to help grow the economy & Republicans say not unless the ACA is repealed.

That is holding America hostage,

Location hidden

#1186255 Aug 15, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Did or did not Ted Cruz shut down government costing our economy billions of dollars to get his way?
We need stimulus job bills to help grow the economy & Republicans say not unless the ACA is repealed.
He did not, it was Harry Reid who refused to vote on bills passed by the House

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1186256 Aug 15, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
no its not, Dave.

Chambersburg, PA

#1186257 Aug 15, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't the libtards understand the majority of Americans don't want the federal government running their lives? They fail to understand that people wanted a historic moment and that blacks came out in force to vote him in while some Christens stayed home because Romney was a Mormon. The two will likely never happen together ever again. They have built the image on a false premise.
How does the federal government run your life?

Unless the fed sets the hours down at the local bar, I seriously doubt it could have any effect on your life.

I find this funny where the community in which you live is dependent on government spending.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1186258 Aug 15, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE SO FULL OF SHIT YOU MAKE GEORGE BUSH LOOK LIKE A GENIUS... WHAT LOAD? WHAT DISTANCE? WHO'S THE SHOOTER? WHICH 9MM? YOU'RE JUST FULL OF SHIT... WHY EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY DON' KNOW WHAT YOU TALKIN' ABOUT... OH... YEAH... TEXAS...
You're an idiot. Are you Black by chance? I don't care what load you're shooting when it is a nine. And I don't care if it is a hollow point of not. We have a 292 pound stack of fat and the bullet has to penetrate and in the excitement of his first shooting, the cops placement may not have been very good, hence 8-hits. A nine sub-sonic 147 gr HP in the shoulder of a 290 pound male delivered with 300 foot pounds of energy could be nothing if a through and through, yet a .357,.40, or .45 heavy bullet with 400 to 600 foot pounds of energy in the same spot is disabling and often fatal from Hydrostatic shock. Even a light and fast, 115 gr HP, 9mm would fly through at around 360 foot pounds and wouldn't do much to stop Brown. We know the range was probably fairly close, since the average, the normal distance of all shootings and gunfights is around 10 to 12 feet. I don't know much, imbecile but I know a lot more than you. I shoot once a week, I shoot competitively and I shoot a .22 mag,.38+, 9 mm,.357,.44 mag, and a 1911A1. I still load most of my own, but I have been buying custom loads from a small company out here.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1186260 Aug 15, 2014
TSM wrote:
Hey...Obama Isn't Having Much Fun On His Latest Vacation, Gosh… I almost wanna Cry!!
Why should today be any different???
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1186261 Aug 15, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not, it was Harry Reid who refused to vote on bills passed by the House
The way you baggers twist things you should be called the pretzel party.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1186262 Aug 15, 2014
This case is almost an instant replay of the Duke Lacrosse case (Rush To Judgment) same race baiters chiming in Jackson/Sharpton, we know how that case turn out, so let’s wait for all the Facts so this Time We Get It Right!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1186263 Aug 15, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the federal government run your life?
Unless the fed sets the hours down at the local bar, I seriously doubt it could have any effect on your life.
I find this funny where the community in which you live is dependent on government spending.
Good grief!!!!

Chambersburg, PA

#1186264 Aug 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>1)Only a liberal fool believes that it is fine for people to rob stores,break windows,throw fire bombs etc,that is not peaceful demonstration. Micheal Brown was guilty of strong arm robbery at a convenience store and of attacking a police officer. 2) Traevyn brutally attacked a block watch member. 3) Gates was breaking into a house (his own house) the security police showed up to protect Gates home. Gates should have provided the police his identification and thanked the police for protecting his home.
No one is condoning the looting & destruction of property. No one was made aware of any alleged robbery.

Treyvon was being stalked & reacted badly when Zimmerman failed to identify himself. Zimmerman created the situation, should not have been armed & should have stayed in his truck.

In Bioston, the home owner had already proved he was the home owner before being taken to the station. I see like most whiners, you are uninformed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1186265 Aug 15, 2014
TSM wrote:
Not like bushie boy eh? When all those troops were being killed by his command...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1186266 Aug 15, 2014
TSM wrote:
This case is almost an instant replay of the Duke Lacrosse case (Rush To Judgment) same race baiters chiming in Jackson/Sharpton, we know how that case turn out, so let’s wait for all the Facts so this Time We Get It Right!!
lol! You're such an idiot son.

The prosecutor was disbarred for his persecution of the LaCrosse players.

Talk about something you know a little more about... like taking a piss!!(Hmmm... even this I'm not sure you're clear on either!!!!)

Location hidden

#1186267 Aug 15, 2014
How to bankrupt a Nation...Thanks Obama.

Gov’t Spending Per Household Exceeded Median Household Income 3 Straight Years

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...

Chambersburg, PA

#1186268 Aug 15, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good grief!!!!
So you couldn't come up with that list of how government is running your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr mikeniceee 309,860
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 239,064
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr Earthling-1 5,561
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Hector Valente 201,809
Seeking financial and lending help or assistanc... (Jan '13) Fri Olsen Pole 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,760
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) May 17 tom wingo 84
More from around the web