Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1186438 Aug 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Two hundred school age youth were killed so far this year in Chicago and none of them made the national news or received attention from Obama. http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/08/14/...
A 6'4" , 292 pound young man hard armed and robbed a 5 foot tall convenience store clerk then brutally attacked a police office who was doing the duty he was called for and you think the police officer should have let the criminal steal his weapon and kill him and let him and his accomplice leave the scene so that they could rob someone else or kill someone else? Why?
Short Answer: Because he's black and we have a "black" President with a black AG.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186439 Aug 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks USA and well said, crazy Ray is the deaf, dumb and blind person that you speak of.
I haven't seen anything on the news about Jewish people beheading Christian children or threatening to kill any one in the world who didn't convert. I don't remember the news reporting that any of the people that highjacked airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center or other targets were Jewish. The only thing standing between radical Muslims in the Middle East and a threat to our sovereignty is Israel. It is sad that the world is the way it is ,but it is more sad that the occupant of The White House is on the wrong side and thrives on the divisiveness.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1186440 Aug 15, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The chief of police said the officer had no knowledge of the incident at the store. The two men were in the middle of the street, he attempted to make them move.
The point of the photos of the store incident is an attempt to depict him as a criminal therefore justifying the shooting. It is blaming the victim for his own death. Like blaming a woman's attire fir being raped
It's painting a clearer picture of the character and potential violent and criminal nature of that young man.

Whether the police officer should be tried and convicted for shooting him will be determined.

But Brown was not an innocent "young kid" or a "regular guy" as he is being portrayed.

And the officer had a sterling record after being on the force for six years.

Again, the truth will be come out soon enough about the officer's innocence or guilt. But any and all relevant information about this young man and the circumstances leading up to his death is fair game in the meantime considering the one-sided hysteria it has caused.

Location hidden

#1186441 Aug 15, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Short Answer: Because he's black and we have a "black" President with a black AG.
Even shorter answer: Obama and Holder aren't able to politicize thousands of blacks killing each other in Chicago.

It's only worthy of the federal government's undivided attention when it's a white on black sensational local tragedy.

(well...guess it really wasn't a shorter answer...)

Location hidden

#1186442 Aug 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen anything on the news about Jewish people beheading Christian children or threatening to kill any one in the world who didn't convert. I don't remember the news reporting that any of the people that highjacked airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center or other targets were Jewish. The only thing standing between radical Muslims in the Middle East and a threat to our sovereignty is Israel. It is sad that the world is the way it is ,but it is more sad that the occupant of The White House is on the wrong side and thrives on the divisiveness.
Me neither. And, yes, it is...sad.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1186443 Aug 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen anything on the news about Jewish people beheading Christian children or threatening to kill any one in the world who didn't convert. I don't remember the news reporting that any of the people that highjacked airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center or other targets were Jewish. The only thing standing between radical Muslims in the Middle East and a threat to our sovereignty is Israel. It is sad that the world is the way it is ,but it is more sad that the occupant of The White House is on the wrong side and thrives on the divisiveness.
in fact, the Jewish sect of that cult has historically been the least violent and nasty of the abrahamic cult...

go figure...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186444 Aug 15, 2014
<quoted text>
No one shot Cliven Bundy dead in the street, it's irrelevant if the boy stole cigars. The police had no right to kill him, arrest him if he committed a crime and give him a trial, not the death penalty on the spot. We, as a society have got to completely reject this premise, white or black.
After Brown and his accomplice committed strong armed robbery,the convince store clerk called the police. When the police approached Brown,Brown brutally attacked him and tried to take his gun. What part(s) of that scenario should be changed? How about don't commit robbery and assault , don't attack a police officer and don't attempt to murder a police officer? I someone tries to steal a police officers weapon,isn't the purpose to attempt to murder the police officer. The accomplice could be charged with accessory to attempted murder?

Location hidden

#1186445 Aug 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...or perhaps the mob should have waited for an investigation before burning down the town.....
The looters were from out of town and were about 12 in number - all arrested - or so I heard.

Most of the protestors who live in that town are protesting peaceably. They have a right to do that even though it's not going6 to help the investigation or the process.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186446 Aug 15, 2014
<quoted text>
The chief of police said the officer had no knowledge of the incident at the store. The two men were in the middle of the street, he attempted to make them move.
The point of the photos of the store incident is an attempt to depict him as a criminal therefore justifying the shooting. It is blaming the victim for his own death. Like blaming a woman's attire fir being raped
Wearing revealing clothing is not a crime,robbing a store is a crime. Assaulting a police officer is a crime.

Lapeer, MI

#1186448 Aug 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>When my son was 18 years old I would have told him not to attack police officers. When my son was 18 years old I would have told him not to rob convenience stores. I would have told him,except that he already knew that he should never put himself into that spot.
How many black kids are missing a father to tell them these things?

84% of black households are minus the man.

Black women prefer it this way because....???

Fill in the blanks. It's easy as hell.....

St. Croix valley

#1186449 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Even shorter answer: Obama and Holder aren't able to politicize thousands of blacks killing each other in Chicago.
It's only worthy of the federal government's undivided attention when it's a white on black sensational local tragedy.
and how has the federal govt been involved in this?

Location hidden

#1186450 Aug 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if you weren't such a political hack you would know that the Republicans have contributed absolutely nothing in the way of helping clean up their many messes, or to help Obama in any way. They have hindered his ever move. After all as you morons ignore daily this is the very worst Congress in our history with the very worst approval, yet that doesn't concern you and your fellow morons.Now as far as crying, are you really that stupid as to no be aware that is all you people do every hour of every day is whine, bitch and moan, interrupted only to cry and pretend. You baggers are disgusting and Americas embarrassment, only concerned with greed and power. You couldn't care less about helping fellow Americans in any way.
Obama made it very clear to them very early on that "he won" when they respectfully asked to be included in the process of reforming health care and agreeing on the stimulus package.

He intentionally and sometimes spitefully left them out of the process from day one.

You can't catch flies that way. And then expect them to kiss your ass.

Lapeer, MI

#1186451 Aug 15, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, the video demonstrates he wasn't the "kid" the media portrays him to be.
Very capable of punching out a cop and attempting to get the cop's gun. This guy could play in the NFL as a lineman if he had a half a brain.
A very similar scenario occurred with the Trayvon Martin case. The Liberal media kept plastering every media outlet with pictures of an innocent smiling grade school boy although Martin had grown into a monster street punk since.

It wasn't until better news media sources got hold of his social network rantings and Gangsta pics that a clear picture began to emerge.

But once this began, the Liberal Media shot back with how unfair it was to release the criminal record of a "child". He was in trouble for theft at school, he punched out a bus driver, etc......

Expect them same from Liberal Media on this one, too. Brown is going to be portrayed as being as innocent as the driven snow and his crime was a "minor" one undeserving death.

Robbery, in the black community, is considered "minor" crime.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186453 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those children in Chicago were white children killed by black gang members,shouldn't Holder bring in the DOJ and FBI and consider that a race crime? Holder has sued states ,why doesn't he sue Chicago?

Location hidden

#1186454 Aug 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and how has the federal govt been involved in this?
The Executive Branch and the Department of Justice are part of the federal government.

The Executive Branch has called on the Department of Justice as well as the FBI to get involved.

You can't get the federal government any more involved than that.

Lapeer, MI

#1186455 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks bad on the surface from the outside looking in - even with the robbery video - that an unarmed young man could be shot down in the street.
But there's a lot of information no one knows. The scuffle in the police car is one thing. The policeman's gun supposedly went off inside the car.
Some of the protestors said Brown was a "regular guy". Again, with no justification to shoot him even if with the robbery, Brown was obviously not a "regular guy". He looked like a guy looking for trouble and didn't have to answer to anyone in the video..
It's best like you said to wait for all the facts to come out.
The police officer in question had a sterling record and on the force for six years. His actions seem clearly like an overreaction, but there's probably more to this story than we know.
I'm waiting for the big-eared junior in the Oval Office to hold a press conference repeating his earlier stupidity of "What the Ferguson(Boston) Police did was stupid".

Maybe he won't. Maybe his handlers took him aside and convinced him that his stupid talk might work sucking up to the black community but it will just inflame the rest of America.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186457 Aug 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and how has the federal govt been involved in this?
FBI investigation to determine if any civil rights were violated.

St. Croix valley

#1186458 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama made it very clear to them very early on that "he won" when they respectfully asked to be included in the process of reforming health care and agreeing on the stimulus package.
He intentionally and sometimes spitefully left them out of the process from day one.
You can't catch flies that way. And then expect them to kiss your ass.
what a bunch of bullshit.. he openly invited them to participate in the process, they stuck to their pledge of opposing anything he did ,. regardless of its worth to those they had promised to represent for the betterment of their lives...

you toss more bullshit than a manure spreader...

St. Croix valley

#1186459 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Executive Branch and the Department of Justice are part of the federal government.
The Executive Branch has called on the Department of Justice as well as the FBI to get involved.
You can't get the federal government any more involved than that.
so they have not been involved to date... so your previous post was more bullshit from you.

Lapeer, MI

#1186460 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Magic Negro's butty Rahm Emanuel who was famous for saying "Never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Exploitation runs through the Magic Negro Playbook like stripes on a Hyena.

He will tell jokes at funerals to get votes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min ThomasA 312,696
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min Bruin For Life 32,599
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 17 hr Yin 17
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 2 Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web