Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394922 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

GaW

United States

#1184716 Aug 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He kept his politics to himself?
Robin Williams was batshyt crazy doll__from the very beginning. It's absolutely amazing that he made it to age 63.
Actually the fact (your doppelganger) Keith Richards is still breathing is much more impressive.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184717 Aug 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Was Carol your math teacher?
Or are you just a glutton for punishment?
Flack has always been a flake to me. I never believed a word that he says. He has all the characteristics of a wanna be. Not convincing at anything.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184718 Aug 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The grandfather clause is in the law.
If you don't know that well then you're as GD stupid asa we all knew you were.
you have to know your audience...

or..

"Some 30 percent of Americans cannot say in what year the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington took place, according to a poll published in the Washington Post newspaper."

http://arabist.net/blog/2006/8/10/poll-30-of-...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1184719 Aug 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concern for my personal life is troubling...Under how many names loser??? I dine out at least 6 times a week. I already had breakfast this morning for about three hours..My Wife plays with you idiots from time to time. She thinks you are all stupid and I agree...By the way would you like to compare the number of posts?
Congratulations on the marriage, ghost. Wish the best for you and the mrs.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184720 Aug 12, 2014
they opened a can...

1999 survey year...

"... A handful, 2%, think America's freedom was won from France..."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gaug...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184721 Aug 12, 2014
now we know why millions of Americans need fwee phones...

'When Americans are asked to identify the country from which America gained its independence....3% mention some other country (including Russia, China, and Mexico, among others named), while 19% are unsure.'

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1184722 Aug 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to know your audience...
or..
"Some 30 percent of Americans cannot say in what year the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington took place, according to a poll published in the Washington Post newspaper."
http://arabist.net/blog/2006/8/10/poll-30-of-...
That 30% must be Democrats!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1184723 Aug 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the video shows that the guy killed by Stewart was an idiot who essentially committed suicide.....
Darwin's Law in action.....
Stewart wrecked at that same track a year prior, many were hospitalized one young lady critical. Stewart also wrecked last year breaking his leg and missing several races ruining his chances at a good championship finish. He should probably just stay away from the local sprint car tracks.

Years ago the great open wheel and stock car drivers would appear at nearby local tracks to satisfy sponsor needs and pick up a few buck$. Most dealt with the experience responsibly__putting on a show while letting the race unfold ahead.

Stewart isn't cut from that cloth__he's driven to win and that's not a good thing when he's running against bulletproof twenty year old's.

Perhaps you recall when Stewart would race in the Indy 500 then hop on a jet__fly to Charlotte and compete in the World 600. That too was both stupid and careless.

So maybe he's taken a lesson from this experience__but don't bet on it.

I guess Galt was never twenty?

BTW one of the best ever sprint car drivers was from SE Pennsylvania__Jan Opperman.

He wasn't bulletproof too.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184724 Aug 12, 2014
word....

1999...the Clinton Years...

'85% of men compared to only 69% of women know that America's freedom was won from England

80% of whites vs. 54% of blacks answered correctly'

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184725 Aug 12, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations on the marriage, ghost. Wish the best for you and the mrs.
Thanks, it wasn't because we had too. Haha....Boone N.C.
GaW

United States

#1184726 Aug 12, 2014
Ghost has always been a fake to me. I've never believed a word that he's said. He has all the characteristics of a wannabe. Not convincing at all -- especially the ¨thousands of friends and fans¨ tall tale.

Garryowen!

LMAO
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184727 Aug 12, 2014
....now we know why people need someone to feed them...

2010...The Obama Years!!!!!!

'....(56% of Americans) know that there currently is more than one woman serving on the Supreme Court.'

http://www.people-press.org/2010/01/28/senate...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184728 Aug 12, 2014
...now we know why people need someone to give them helath insurance...

'...About four-in-ten (39%) know that Nevada Democrat Harry Reid is the majority leader of the U.S. Senate.'

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184729 Aug 12, 2014
*health
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184730 Aug 12, 2014
...why millions of people need a lot of things accomplished for them...

'About four-in-ten (41%) correctly say that Stephen Colbert is a comedian and television talk show host. This is the only question on the quiz that more people younger than 30 than older people answer correctly (49% vs. 39%).'

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184732 Aug 12, 2014
GaW wrote:
Ghost has always been a fake to me. I've never believed a word that he's said. He has all the characteristics of a wannabe. Not convincing at all -- especially the ¨thousands of friends and fans¨ tall tale.
Garryowen!
LMAO
Big difference, Ghost don't care what a phony sockaholic Waxturd like you thinks. After all that you have bragged about????? Hypocrite.
Patrick

United States

#1184733 Aug 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite much ??? Knoller — who always notes that presidents are never truly on vacation, given the demands of the job and the era of 24/7 communications — graciously shared his latest data with Yahoo News. So here it is:
As of Aug. 13, 2013, Obama is on his 15th vacation trip, covering all or part of 96 days total. He's spending this vacation in Martha's Vineyard with his family.
At the same point in his presidency — Aug. 13, 2005 — George W. Bush had made 51 visits to his ranch in tiny Crawford, Texas, totaling all or part of 335 days.(Note: Bush sometimes used the property to host world leaders.)
Bush also traveled seven times to his family’s oceanside compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, covering all or part of 26 days — bringing his total number of vacation days at this point in his presidency to 349 days.(335+26 doesn’t = 349, but remember the “all or part of” caveat
Baggers post to read their own lies.
Nonsense...... the President takes the job with him.
Trolls have time on their hands and tend to hate America and Americans
GaW

United States

#1184734 Aug 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> That too was both stupid and careless.
So maybe he's taken a lesson from this experience__but don't bet on it.
Now you're an expert on the psyche of race car drivers? LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1184735 Aug 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack has always been a flake to me. I never believed a word that he says. He has all the characteristics of a wanna be. Not convincing at anything.
He appears not to be a troll__which makes him special among the right wingers here.

His math still sucks though.

I turned 61 yoa just prior to Obama's victory over the hapless John McCain and his brainless running mate Sarah Palin.

I was bewildered and stunned by what eight years of George W Bush had done to my business and my nest egg.

I was even more bewildered and stunned by the early comments on this topix thread.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184736 Aug 12, 2014
Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text> Grey Ghost you an I agree, those nasty no bad for nothing Republicans , Hillary in 2016 we can do it Ghost we can do it together.
Yes we can....Besides the baggers are our best vote getters That Republican circle firing squad also helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,504
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Too Easy 9,818
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr zach 311,329
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web