Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383743 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1183077 Aug 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
You do not understand no surprize. Some of us choose to help the less fortunate on our own. You would not know about that.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Sure I understand son.

Nothings stopping you... but you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1183078 Aug 9, 2014
Today he will golf.
Tomorrow he will stop for photos on the way back to the rental from church with the family.
flack wrote:
Aug 9, 1:44 PM EDT
Women stoned to death in Syria for adultery
By BASSEM MROUE
Associated Press
BEIRUT (AP)-- A cleric read the verdict before the truck came and dumped a large pile of stones near the municipal garden. Jihadi fighters then brought in the woman, clad head to toe in black, and put her in a small hole in the ground. When residents gathered, the fighters told them to carry out the sentence: Stoning to death for the alleged adulteress.
None in the crowd stepped forward, said a witness to the event in a northern Syrian city. So the jihadi fighters, mostly foreign extremists, did it themselves, pelting Faddah Ahmad with stones until her body was dragged away.
"Even when she was hit with stones she did not scream or move," said an opposition activist who said he witnessed the stoning near the football stadium and the Bajaa garden in the city of Raqqa, the main Syrian stronghold of the Islamic State group.
The July 18 stoning was the second in a span of 24 hours. A day earlier, 26-year-old Shamseh Abdullah was killed in a similar way in the nearby town of Tabqa by Islamic State fighters. Both were accused of having sex outside marriage.
The killings were the first of their kind in rebel-held northern Syria, where jihadis from the Islamic State group have seized large swaths of territory, terrorizing residents with their strict interpretation of Islamic law, including beheadings and cutting off the hands of thieves. The jihadis recently tied a 14-year-old boy to a cross-like structure and left him for several hours in the scorching summer sun before bringing him down -- punishment for not fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
The group has also brutalized Shiite Muslims and others whom it views as apostates. In neighboring Iraq, Islamic State militants have driven members of the Yazidi religious minority out of a string of towns and villages. Thousands of the fleeing Yazidis have been stranded on a mountaintop for days, a humanitarian crisis that prompted the U.S. to airlift aid to them this week.
On Friday, Kamil Amin, the spokesman for Iraq's Human Rights Ministry, said hundreds of Yazidi women under the age of 35 are being held by the Islamic State group in schools in Iraq's second largest city Mosul, which the militants captured in June.
The stonings in Syria last month were not widely publicized at the time, but in the following days three photographs appeared online which appeared to document the grisly spectacle and were consistent with other AP reporting.
The pictures posted on a newly-created Twitter account showed dozens of people gathered in a square, a cleric reading a verdict through a loudspeaker and several bearded men with automatic rifles either carrying or collecting stones.
"A married woman being stoned in the presence of some believers," read the caption of the photographs on the Twitter account, which has since been suspended.
Abu Ibrahim Raqqawi, the activist who witnessed Ahmad's stoning, said locals where angry to see foreign fighters impose their will on the community.
"People were shocked and couldn't understand what was going on. Many were disturbed by the idea that Saudis and Tunisians were issuing (such) orders," he said in an interview via Skype. Ahmad, he said, appeared unconscious, and he had overheard that she was earlier taken to a hospital where she was given anesthesia.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1183079 Aug 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but most people don't buy into your ¨I'm never wrong/I know everything¨ bullshit.
lol! And I'm sure it's because you believe in the "¨I'm never wrong/I know everything¨ bullshit.'
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1183080 Aug 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
typos aren't a measure of ones education, something you'll learn when you grow up, kid.
lol! You obviously didn't read or comprehend your entire post son....

"discussing"

You're obviously more stupid than I thought. And growing up won't help you either!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1183081 Aug 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Between those two,who knows more about military strategy in the Middle East? "
notice the word "strategy". He didn't say anything about current Intel. Learn to read, libturd.
?????????

Huh?

So your point is 'what' exactly son? Or don't you know?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1183082 Aug 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the love of money is the root of all evil. Who do you think provides the soup kitchens and beds for the homeless? Atheists? No, it's Christians and Christian churches.
Christianity is a religion. Christians are being burned alive, beheaded and trying to survive total annihilation in the Middle East. Are they the root of all evil?
Your secularist liberal generalizations astound me.
ISIS is hanging and beheading children. They are a blood thirsty cult who live to slaughter.
Shouldn't they be the ones annihilated? And if we aren't willing to do the annihilating on behalf of the civilized world, then who?
So tell me... aside from complaining about what others are not doing and claiming to be Christian...

.... what are you actually doing to help these people AS A CHRISTIAN??????

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1183083 Aug 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of comparing other cultures with the USA??
Roxblow with the 'straw man' argument again.
Lame attempt to tie Dave to practices most Americans abhor.
You and Eman.
Chaep shots and lies.
Get lost.
Leave to nutcase to call the sadistic practices of terrorist "culture."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1183084 Aug 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to do whatever it takes to live in a civilized world and rid the world of an unprecedented evil the likes of which the world hasn't seen since Attila the Hun.
What are you willing to do?
I promise you the government would continue to function if half of federal government employees were no longer duplicate and triplicate paper pushers and had to take a less cushy job. Their salaries and benefits alone would go a long way.
The millions spent on wasteful research must stop immediately. We have to function like we're in survival mode.
Throw out everything that isn't nailed down and fund the best military in the world so they can wipe out every single parasite threatening humanity and our national security ASAP.
And if raising my taxes would help this cause, by all means, raise away.
your cult brethren are unprecedented evil? so would your sect of the same cult also be the same. hell you sect did all the same things they are doing and still do...

too funny how hypocritical you cult freaks can be...
ucc

United States

#1183085 Aug 9, 2014
FEATURED STORIESNEWS
Breaking: Eric Holder Was Just Slapped Down By Federal Court Over Voter ID
“It is an embarrassing defeat..."

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/breaking-eri ...

A Federal Court smacked down Eric Holder’s Justice Department today when it refused to block North Carolina’s “controversial” voter ID law. The law, which simply requires voters to bring a valid ID to prove their citizenship, was attacked in a lawsuit brought by the Justice Department last September.

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, decscribed the decision as a huge setback to Eric Holder:

“It is an embarrassing defeat for the Holder Justice Department. The court’s decision eviscerates Eric Holder’s politicized and racially inflammatory legal assault on commonsense election integrity measures. The court expressly rejected the Department of Justice’s contention that minorities are harmed by commonsense measures that help secure honest elections. The court’s dramatic rejection of Holder’s legal theory shows that that the DOJ’s lawsuit, which was coordinated with political activists at the White House, was always more about cynical political and racial appeals than upholding the law.”
You can read the full decision below.

NC Opinion On Voter ID by electionlawcentercom

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1183086 Aug 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
WHOA!!
What's with the anger??
Why are your comments so filled with anger??
Did you come back here to behave like the little attack dog you used to be and swore off??
Knock off the personal attacks. Discuss issues, knock off the dirty little cheap shots.
Maybe you need to answer your own questions and follow your own advise--HYPOCRITE

St. Croix valley

#1183087 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The ISIS fighters likely got some cash when capturing Mosul__certainly not 500 million US$, and they have to find a place to spend it.
The Iraqi Dinar is worth less than toilet paper.
so the whole story was bullshit as i stated? got lots of people backing me up tonight...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1183088 Aug 9, 2014
Did Obama tell Michelle (She Not Woman Enough) so to show Obama….Michelle Obama Took Off All Her Clothes At The White House! UGLY!!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1183089 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mindless yet real funny gibberish?
Was Carol your civics teacher?
Every single word was true.

Again, I'm not sure if the evil that's growing in the world frightens me more or people like you who refuse to see it for what it is and continue to defend a weak and inept leader who created the vacuum for it to prevail.

St. Croix valley

#1183090 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
FEATURED STORIESNEWS
Breaking: Eric Holder Was Just Slapped Down By Federal Court Over Voter ID
“It is an embarrassing defeat..."
A Federal Court smacked down Eric Holder’s Justice Department today when it refused to block North Carolina’s “controversial” voter ID law. The law, which simply requires voters to bring a valid ID to prove their citizenship, was attacked in a lawsuit brought by the Justice Department last September.
Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, decscribed the decision as a huge setback to Eric Holder:
“It is an embarrassing defeat for the Holder Justice Department. The court’s decision eviscerates Eric Holder’s politicized and racially inflammatory legal assault on commonsense election integrity measures. The court expressly rejected the Department of Justice’s contention that minorities are harmed by commonsense measures that help secure honest elections. The court’s dramatic rejection of Holder’s legal theory shows that that the DOJ’s lawsuit, which was coordinated with political activists at the White House, was always more about cynical political and racial appeals than upholding the law.”
You can read the full decision below.
NC Opinion On Voter ID by electionlawcentercom
can you show one single case of documented voter fraud that ID at the polls would have prevented?

why do you want to waste so many millions of dollars on laws that will do nothing at all..

St. Croix valley

#1183091 Aug 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm not sure if the evil that's growing in the world frightens me more or people like you who refuse to see it for what it is and continue to defend a weak and inept leader who created the vacuum for it to prevail.
how he create that vacuum? will you never learn to not parrot things you cannot understand or back up at all? now you have this bullshit post of yours hanging out there with your name on it forever that just shows what a fool you are...
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1183092 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get up to speed. ISIS has declared itself the Caliphate.
Bet you don't know what that is.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/897...
This fatwa has attracted lots of attention in the Muslim community as Muslims from numerous nations including Europe are coming to fight for glorious return of the Caliphate.
You insult and hurl irrelevant nonsense as a cover for your lack of knowledge about what is happening.
"Bet you don't know what that is...."
People who have gone to University don't need an online encyclopedia.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1183093 Aug 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
SO TRUE!!
ucc

United States

#1183094 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The ISIS fighters likely got some cash when capturing Mosul__certainly not 500 million US$, and they have to find a place to spend it.
The Iraqi Dinar is worth less than toilet paper.
Hey shat for brains how do you know what the Central Bank in Mosul had in deposits? Oh that's right you don't. According to reports from sources much more reputable than yourself ISIL stole over 500 million dollars and a undisclosed amount of gold bullion.

Progressive libs misrepresenting the facts if that doesn't work they outright lie. That's why they love Obama so much "LIAR OF THE YEAR" award winner!
ucc

United States

#1183095 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>can you show one single case of documented voter fraud that ID at the polls would have prevented?
why do you want to waste so many millions of dollars on laws that will do nothing at all..
Don't have to little Sherlock. Simple google effort on your part shows common sense laws of voter I.D. stops wannabe cheaters.

St. Croix valley

#1183096 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey shat for brains how do you know what the Central Bank in Mosul had in deposits? Oh that's right you don't. According to reports from sources much more reputable than yourself ISIL stole over 500 million dollars and a undisclosed amount of gold bullion.
Progressive libs misrepresenting the facts if that doesn't work they outright lie. That's why they love Obama so much "LIAR OF THE YEAR" award winner!
do try to keep up, dear. you are citing months old bullshit that has been debunked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) 1 hr Be Jesus like 36
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr ChristineM 255,314
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA Sat predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
More from around the web