Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1182987 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What were they driving before they overran the Iraqi Army in Mosul?
You too are lost in the news videos which show Kurds in their newer Nissan, Toyota and Ford pick ups.
ISIS has a lot of rusty old trucks dearie.
You refuse to believe ISIS is well armed and dangerous for some reason. Is the reason is that you want to pretend ISIS--a terrorist group--overtaking a third of Iraq is nothing because it doesn't fit your narrative?

I'm old enough to remember when the media told me Iraq, Libya, and Egypt were successfully scratched off Obama's Smart Power to-do list.

I think you are clinging to a past that no longer exists.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1182988 Aug 9, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing that is man caused that can bring extinction to this planet is far left agenda that could cause hundreds of millions of people to die to protect the left wing lies.
and yet extinctions happen all the time on this planet...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1182989 Aug 9, 2014
Today...Obama warned Americans that the new campaign to bring security in Iraq requires military and political changes and "is going to be a long-term project." This will Differently set off the Loony Left!!
Ray Donovan

United States

#1182990 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What were they driving before they overran the Iraqi Army in Mosul?
You too are lost in the news videos which show Kurds in their newer Nissan, Toyota and Ford pick ups.
You blithering fool.

*ISIS has captured a vast array of U.S. military equipment including trucks, Humvees, rockets, artillery pieces and Stinger missiles. When the U.S. was pulling out of Iraq, we were extremely generous to the new Iraqi army.

*Now, with he Iraqi army folding like a 20 dollar suit in the face of ISIS jihadists, vast quantities of U.S. military equipment are falling into the hands of some of the most radical jihadists the world has ever seen.

*ISIS also recently seized the equivalent of nearly $500 million in cash from a bank in Mosul, the leadership of ISIS won't be having much problem buying anything else that they might need either.

St. Croix valley

#1182991 Aug 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this?
According to the environmentalist wackos at the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Earth's population will be forced to colonise two planets within 50 (now 38) years if natural resources continue to be exploited at the current rate.
A ¨study¨ by the WWF released in 2002 warned that the human race is plundering the planet at a pace that outstrips its capacity to support life.
and we are. clean drinking water being the primary one...
Ray Donovan

United States

#1182992 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to believe ISIS is well armed and dangerous for some reason. Is the reason is that you want to pretend ISIS--a terrorist group--overtaking a third of Iraq is nothing because it doesn't fit your narrative?
I'm old enough to remember when the media told me Iraq, Libya, and Egypt were successfully scratched off Obama's Smart Power to-do list.
He thinks he's another know-it-all, never wrong genius like Woodhead and Nutsack.

Apparently the anonymity of Topix attracts wannabe megalomaniacs and egotists.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1182993 Aug 9, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems to Hate America as long as President Obama is in office?.
We supported American when Bush was President of the USA!
Sad
GWB backed Maliki over the objections of many. BushCo owns Iraq__George W Bush owns Maliki.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1182994 Aug 9, 2014
Polling points:(Republicans are ALWAYS on the wrong side of issues)

17% called for the U.S. to do more to counter Russian aggression in Ukraine. 31% said the current policy is correct and 34% said the U.S. should be less involved.

67% believe that U.S. military actions should be “limited to direct threats to our national security.” Only 22% believe that as a “moral leader,” the U.S.“has a responsibility to use its military to protect democracy around the globe.”

77% support plans to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2016. Only 23% oppose the plan.

44% favor less involvement in Iraq’s civil war, versus 19% who favor more involvement and 23% who say the current level of involvement is appropriate.

A 51% majority said the situation in Iraq affects U.S. national security “a little” or “not at all.” 42% said it affects U.S. national security “a lot.”

Likely voters prefer less involvement in Syria’s civil war over more involvement, 42% to 15%. 26% support the current, limited level of involvement.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/21/bad-ne...

St. Croix valley

#1182995 Aug 9, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> The ambassador is dead and no matter how much Obama blames others for his action,he and the others will always be dead. Obama wanted to reduce the United States military presence in the region in order to make it appear that because of Obama's stature there was no longer hostility in the region. " Ambassador Stevens had sent out a diplomatic cable expressing concerns, on the day he was killed, that security at Benghazi was compromised " http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22146... "On the evening of September 11, 2012, Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith. Stevens was the first U.S. Ambassador killed on duty since 1979." " a second assault targeted a different compound about one mile away, killing two CIA contractors, Tyrone S. Woods and Glen Doherty. Ten others were also injured in the attacks." "In the aftermath of the attack, State Department officials were criticized for denying requests for additional security at the consulate prior to the attack." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_a... "The Benghazi attack consisted of military assaults on two separate U.S. diplomatic compounds. The first assault occurred at the main compound, approximately 300 yards long and 100 yards wide, at about 9:40 pm local time (3:40 pm EDT, Washington DC). The second assault took place at a CIA annex 1.2 miles away at about 4 am the following morning."
"Initially, it was reported by the media the Benghazi attack was a spontaneous protest triggered by an anti-Muslim video, Innocence of Muslims. Subsequent investigations determined that there was no such protest and that the attacks were premeditated," Obama and his administration lied about the video on multiple occasions,but more importantly Obama has never accepted personal responsibility for demanding to provide a facade that the area was stable and for pretending that his stature was enough to prevent this type of mayhem. Obama had an election coming up, and to Obama is was all about his own personal political agenda,not about the people in the Middle East.
Stevens was talking about the security of the city of Benghazi, not the consulate, you fool...

why do you continue to talk on issues you cannot understand?
Ray Donovan

United States

#1182996 Aug 9, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
We supported American when Bush was President of the USA!
Liar.
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1182997 Aug 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Pentagon said two F/A-18 aircraft from an aircraft carrier in the Gulf had dropped laser-guided 500-pound bombs on the fighters' artillery and OTHER AIR STRIKES had targeted mortar positions and an Islamic State convoy."
"The U.S. Defense Department said planes dropped additional bundles of supplies, bringing the total to 36,224 ready-to-eat meals and 6,822 gallons of drinking water, for threatened civilians near Sinjar, home of the Yazidis."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101908306 #.
nobama has issues keeping up with events that do not serve her mindset
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1182998 Aug 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You blithering fool.
*ISIS has captured a vast array of U.S. military equipment including trucks, Humvees, rockets, artillery pieces and Stinger missiles. When the U.S. was pulling out of Iraq, we were extremely generous to the new Iraqi army.
*Now, with he Iraqi army folding like a 20 dollar suit in the face of ISIS jihadists, vast quantities of U.S. military equipment are falling into the hands of some of the most radical jihadists the world has ever seen.
*ISIS also recently seized the equivalent of nearly $500 million in cash from a bank in Mosul, the leadership of ISIS won't be having much problem buying anything else that they might need either.
One more time__what was ISIS driving prior to capturing the US equipment abandoned by the Iraqi Army?

What was ISIS driving prior to the Mosul cash windfall?

Fkn dunce.

St. Croix valley

#1182999 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
when did the media tall you that? why would you listen to such obviously stupid statements?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1183000 Aug 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son. You wanted them to help the poor.
My goodness you people are so confused......
"yuck"
You do not understand no surprize. Some of us choose to help the less fortunate on our own. You would not know about that.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Ray Donovan

United States

#1183001 Aug 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
l
http://www.po liticususa
Politicus USA?

LOL!

Hang on...I have a poll to cite by Drudge...or was it Breitbart?

St. Croix valley

#1183002 Aug 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You blithering fool.
the story of them seizing that money has not be confirmed. the bank vault has been reported to have not been compromised, you are just spewing speculation as usual...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1183003 Aug 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Poor old Roxlo, I can see why so many posters have become irritated at her lying and her comprehension level, she added her own words to what I said.
Ray Donovan

United States

#1183004 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when did the media tall you that? why would you listen to such obviously stupid statements?
I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but most people don't buy into your ¨I'm never wrong/I know everything¨ bullshit.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1183005 Aug 9, 2014
So True…Iraq & Vietnam: How Democrats Lose Wars That Are Already Won!!

Liberals Domestic policies has Failed!! Here are three of the biggest Liberals failures in History!! FDR ‘The New Deal, LBJ Great Society, and soon to be added to this list Obamacare!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1183006 Aug 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
You do not understand no surprize. Some of us choose to help the less fortunate on our own. You would not know about that.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
In your case that would be called self serving, lying loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min ThomasA 312,696
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min Bruin For Life 32,599
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 17 hr Yin 17
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 2 Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web