Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509234 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

ucc

United States

#1183165 Aug 9, 2014
Of the many stunning revelations to emerge out of the wreckage of Mosul on Wednesday — 500,000 fleeing residents, thousands of freed prisoners, unconfirmed reports of “mass beheadings”— the one that may have the most lasting impact as Iraq descends into a possible civil war is that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria just got extremely rich.

As insurgents rolled past the largest city in northern Iraq, an oil hub at the vital intersection of Syria, Iraq and Turkey, and into Tikrit, several gunmen stopped at Mosul’s central bank. An incredible amount of cash was reportedly on hand, and the group made off with 500 billion Iraqi dinars —$425 million.

The provincial governor of Nineveh, Atheel al-Nujaifi, said that the radical Islamists had lifted additional millions from numerous banks across Mosul, as well as a “large quantity of gold bullion,” according to the International Business Times, which called ISIS the “World’s Richest Terror Force.”
Of the many stunning revelations to emerge out of the wreckage of Mosul on Wednesday — 500,000 fleeing residents, thousands of freed prisoners, unconfirmed reports of “mass beheadings”— the one that may have the most lasting impact as Iraq descends into a possible civil war is that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria just got extremely rich.

As insurgents rolled past the largest city in northern Iraq, an oil hub at the vital intersection of Syria, Iraq and Turkey, and into Tikrit, several gunmen stopped at Mosul’s central bank. An incredible amount of cash was reportedly on hand, and the group made off with 500 billion Iraqi dinars —$425 million.

The provincial governor of Nineveh, Atheel al-Nujaifi, said that the radical Islamists had lifted additional millions from numerous banks across Mosul, as well as a “large quantity of gold bullion,” according to the International Business Times, which called ISIS the “World’s Richest Terror Force.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mi...
----------
Besides the equipment we left behind for Iraq. These terrorists are better trained and are motivated beyond the point we dealt with AQ. AQ is even intimidated by ISIL.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1183166 Aug 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"I want whatever you're smoking or snorting."
wow, nuc getting belligerent again.
Wow!!

Eman is back to being my llittle doggie, following me around, hoping I don't swat him too hard.

Just like old times!!

I'll throw you another bone, little dawg.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183167 Aug 9, 2014
WHAT YOU WEARIN'?...(...I'M NOT GONNA STOP ASKIN' TIL YOU TELL ME THE TROOTH..)....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1183168 Aug 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, good catch. Too bad dumber than sh*t Dave claimed McCaffrey was criticizing obam for doing NOTHING. That was the point of my conversation with Dave no matter how you and nuc try to fit it into your arguments.
Whoosh. Right over your head. McCaffrey WAS criticizing Obama for doing NOTHING.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1183169 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize you had a brain the size of a 'tick' so sorry I will reiterate again for you. Obama is a liar and you claimed that was an year old story that had been debunked...so I clarified it for you.
If you can't follow that then I'm going on to the next subject as I don't have any crayons to draw you a picture.
and again, what does that have to do with anything we were talking about? i never claimed anything about the ACA at all... you brought that up to avoid confronting that i had smacked you down and was laughing in your face about your previous bullshit...

i am still laughing in your face.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183170 Aug 9, 2014
IF YOU DON' READ MY UM... SEXIER POSTS 16... WELL... YOU'RE LYIN'.... I KNOW WOMEN BACK TO FRONT AN' I KNOW WHEN YOU LYIN'...
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183171 Aug 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
Eman is back to being my llittle doggie, following me around, hoping I don't swat him too hard.
Just like old times!!
I'll throw you another bone, little dawg.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAVE WE ESTABLISHED DEFINITIVELY THAT THIS IS A MAN??? I WAS POSITIVE IT WAS A WOMAN???

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1183172 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I'd be willing to lay down good money to bet McCaffrey would have confronted ISIL in Syria BEFORE they became a problem in Iraq. That's what combat generals do they plan and execute toward a goal or mission. Mission should always be to keep safe our homeland and national security interest first what we are dealing with now is a larger, better trained, much better financed, superior equipped, terrorist organization which is in cahoots with AQ, Taliban, Hamas.
Oh yeah now our national security situation is in critical stage and Obama was forced to respond. Politically that's a problem for the progressive liberal in the W.H. so he's calling it a humanitarian response and hasn't taken the time to even 'name' the mission...lol. That's hasn't gone un-noticed by the military either! If Obama 'names' it then he owns it and by extension so do the democrats running for re-election.
Not doing things for political reasons like ignoring ISIL in Syria and now Iraq is dereliction of duty because as President the office requires him to always 'act' in the best interests of citizens of the United States of America.
Why is it conservatives are always so uninformed? We didn't ignore ISIS. Iraq did. They were convinced they could handle things themselves and didn't want us to interfere. Get your head out of the sand.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1183173 Aug 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Especially since we, technically, armed ISIS with all those weapons we provided to the Iraqi Army. Good to see enemies (Kurdish and Iraqi forces) coming together to right this terrible wrong.
so any US arms captured around the world are us arming those people? really?

Location hidden

#1183174 Aug 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
see nuc, if you didn't jump before looking you'd know I didn't"pick" anyone. And thanks for proving my point...he was not critizing Obama for doing nothing as Dave claimed.
Your obsession with me is growing!!

You've missed me!! You like the punishment. LOL

Though I'm bored with you already.

You need to understand the meaning of words before using them stupidly and incorrectly. Words like belligerent.

The only one displaying belligerence around here is you and Roxblow, with your wild accusations and outright lies.

Poor Eman. Already in the shithouse andvhe just returned!!
ucc

United States

#1183175 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what lie did i post, ignorant fool? man you just can't help making a fool of yourself, can you?
So long insect brain I have a date tonight I'll check back later and see if you've had any improvement on your cognitive skills.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1183176 Aug 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Straw man", anyone??
Quit being so stupid.
S"HE" can't help it. Doesn't possess an ounce of common sense.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183177 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> so any US arms captured around the world are us arming those people? really?
UM.... YEAH... DUH... 16, I DON' THINK HE LIKE YOU EITHER? SOUTH KOREANS WHAT YOU GONNA DO?...
ucc

United States

#1183178 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and again, what does that have to do with anything we were talking about? i never claimed anything about the ACA at all... you brought that up to avoid confronting that i had smacked you down and was laughing in your face about your previous bullshit...
i am still laughing in your face.
The insane often experience episodes of laughter....not surprised you're experiencing that yourself. Gotta run now parasite breath.

Later...

Location hidden

#1183180 Aug 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to imagine but Baghdad actually sent the Kurds some weapons and now we are considering doing the same. Changing times.
'The enemy of mine enemy is my friend' or 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'.

The funny thing is, it's hard to tell the players. Until IS, there was a motley crew of radicals in Syria.

That was McCaffrey's confusion. He said it was hard to tell who was who, so we shouldn't get involved.

FF 2 months and he becomes a hawk and can't understand why Obama hasn't attacked more vigorously and sooner. He's clairvoyant.

Pretty easy to make those calls when you're a TV reporter.

----------

This is all a result of Syria, if Congress had supported Obama in strikes against Assad, we might not be where we are today. That thing festered for 3 years, radicalizing everyone on all sides.

But the nitwits like Eman and Carol will blame it all on Obama, as if he can act without the support of the people, whe owere heavily against action n Syria.

The nitwits always leave that part out.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1183181 Aug 9, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S A MAN?.. YOU'RE KIDDING?... HOW YOU KNOW THAT?... SO.. UM... THE MUD THINGY'S GOT YOU INTERESTED, HUH?...
Well, I recall him talking about his love of fishing. Using chicken liver as bait and drinking beer. Just seems like a "guy" thing.

Location hidden

#1183182 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
<quoted text>
So long insect brain I have a date tonight I'll check back later and see if you've had any improvement on your cognitive skills.
Has that nasty Waxman smell about it.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183183 Aug 9, 2014
ucc wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: ME AN' MAW-MAW GOTS TO WATCH WHEEL OF FORTUNE...
RIP

United States

#1183184 Aug 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it conservatives are always so uninformed? We didn't ignore ISIS. Iraq did. They were convinced they could handle things themselves and didn't want us to interfere. Get your head out of the sand.
Nada. Maliki requested help from Obama 2 months before ISIS invaded and Obama ignored the request that's the record dear so you are either ill informed or misinformed.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1183185 Aug 9, 2014
I MADE YOU LAUGH OUT LOUD AGAIN DIN'T I?... SIDEBOOB.. RIGHT NOW... ON THE TABLE... HANDS OVER YOU HEAD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr John-K 313,666
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr AnyonePhartss 32,818
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Sat BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,478
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web