Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762994 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1182866 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, those two bombs probably put ISIS on their heels.
Ignorance seems to be your strongest attribute. By the way there have been more than two bombs. You are clueless so perhaps you should go to the home cooking network.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1182867 Aug 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance seems to be your strongest attribute. By the way there have been more than two bombs. You are clueless so perhaps you should go to the home cooking network.
I saw your post yesterday where you were claiming ISIS was using rusty pick-up trucks. You have NO clue what is happening in Iraq

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1182868 Aug 9, 2014
An Egyptian court on Saturday dissolved the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), the political wing of the banned Muslim Brotherhood, dealing a crippling blow in the campaign to crush Egypt's oldest Islamist movement.

A court banned the Muslim Brotherhood itself in September, but that ruling did not mention its political wing, leaving open the possibility it could be allowed to run in parliamentary elections, due late this year.

Saturday's supreme administrative court ruling excludes the Brotherhood from formal participation in electoral politics, potentially forcing the movement underground, particularly as it has lost the sympathy of large swathes of the public.

The court's ruling called for the FJP to be dissolved and its assets seized by the state. Its decision is final and cannot be appealed, a judicial source said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/09/us-...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1182869 Aug 9, 2014
Gender equality was "one of the biggest mistakes of Western thought." Ayatollah Khomeini, Former Supreme Leader of Iran

https://twitter.com/igeldard/status/498093422...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1182870 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw your post yesterday where you were claiming ISIS was using rusty pick-up trucks. You have NO clue what is happening in Iraq
Once again you more than prove just how stupid yo really are. Their chief form of transportanion is old pick up trucks with guns mounted on the back of them, anyone pying any attention is aware of that. They have been successful in capturing some military vehicles from the Iraqis, but now with our air support they are worthless. Everytime ISIS is shown on TV all of our networks, also Al Jazerra and Chinese networks also all you see is lines of those idiots on the back of pick up trucks, you are as stupid as crazy Ray [Donavan} with the same degree of cluelessness. along with the bagger attitude of hopelessness.."Oh woe is me" pathetic cretins.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1182871 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Gender equality was "one of the biggest mistakes of Western thought." Ayatollah Khomeini, Former Supreme Leader of Iran
https://twitter.com/igeldard/status/498093422...
Right whiner justification for their war on women.

Chambersburg, PA

#1182872 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reported deaths of 40 children from minority groups who were displaced from Sinjar city and district by armed violence are of extreme concern.
According to official reports received by UNICEF, these children from the Yazidi minority died as a direct consequence of violence, displacement and dehydration over the past two days.
Families who fled the area are in immediate need of urgent assistance, including up to 25,000 children who are now stranded in mountains surrounding Sinjar and are in dire need of humanitarian aid including drinking water and sanitation services.
Sinjar, a district of Ninewa in northwest Iraq with a population of at least 150,000 children - including many who are internally displaced - was taken over by the Islamic State (formerly known as ISIS) on Sunday
http://www.unicef.org/media/media_74676.html

Children suffer in war. Are you advocating that the US get directly involved in every civil war? How many children died because Bush invaded Iraq? How many have died in drone strikes. How many have died in Africa due to war?

How many would die if we were not to accept the children crossing our borders? You were very happy to refuse those children our help.

Chambersburg, PA

#1182873 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Isis fighters trap thousands of Iraqis up a mountain and they're dying of thirst
Stranded on a barren mountaintop, thousands of minority Iraqis are faced with a bleak choice: descend and risk slaughter at the hands of the encircled Sunni extremists or remain where they are and risk dying of thirst.
Humanitarian agencies have estimated that between 10,000 and 40,000 civilians remain trapped on Mount Sinjar since being driven out of surrounding villages and the town of Sinjar on Sunday.
But the mountain that had looked like a refuge is becoming a graveyard for their children.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middl...
Keep making Progressives look like jerks, Dave
Supplies were air dropped.

Try to keep up.
Patrick

United States

#1182874 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, those two bombs probably put ISIS on their heels.
"...those two bombs" wet nursing off the web?
-Angela
Patrick

United States

#1182875 Aug 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Children suffer in war. Are you advocating that the US get directly involved in every civil war? How many children died because Bush invaded Iraq? How many have died in drone strikes. How many have died in Africa due to war?
How many would die if we were not to accept the children crossing our borders? You were very happy to refuse those children our help.
Good question! Wait for the asters provided :-)
Patrick

United States

#1182876 Aug 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Supplies were air dropped.
Try to keep up.
Support President Obama on this mission

--correction -

Good question! Wait for the --answers-- provided by ro'lo?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1182877 Aug 9, 2014
The pot-us can't comment or act upon the behavior of the Muslim Extremists, and the reason occurred to me when I was invited to the Renascence Faire.
The ELITE Liberal Class need 'serfs', pointed out and identified, by smell, maybe.
I made a joke that I would 'love' to go if I get to kill something.
The chain-mail suited one did not laugh.
Obviously the 15th century is different to different people.
It's summer, the tourists will be back in Washington, DC.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1182878 Aug 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That war along with the aftermath is and will always be Bush-Cheney's mistake and blunder along with all of the lies that they perpetrated. The 4, 500 American lives that they sacrificed, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of others. Iraq was ten times better off under Saddam, and so were we. All of you idiots that still defend and protect Bush Cheney laugh in the face of the fallen, and you are all a disgrace to the American flag along with our military. Just calling you a lowlife doesn't come near doing you justice.
Since Obama's Cairo speech, dozens of countries have had to deal with upheaval,death and destruction, and we have lost several leaders around the globe who have been allied to the United States. Part of the reason the middle east is so unstable is that Obama botched the withdrawal. Obama is this minute at his news conference blaming every one but himself. Obama was the 'one' that refused to properly negotiate a SOFA,because of his arrogance ill conceived notion of how world affairs effect his agenda.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1182879 Aug 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Twelve hours later and Progressives are still crying because McCaffrey said something negative about Obama.
I stopped responding to your post several days ago because you are a yolk.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1182880 Aug 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully one of these days you will be able to figure out the true meaning of global warming, before it kills you of course. Soo you are smarter than 97% of the scientist in the world? Idiots like you were the origin of the saying..."Don't confuse me with the facts my mind is made up".
You are confused,97% of scientists are not signed on to man made global warming. The number that have attached their name to that 'political' lie is closer to 11% and that is only because they are the ones receiving government grants or over compensation.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1182882 Aug 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't understand is evil prevails when good men do nothing. Obama did nothing and wanted to please his base by getting out of Iraq as soon as possible against all advise from generals on the ground on the U.S. side and the Iraqi side.
It was more important for Obama to say "I got us out of Iraq" on the campaign trail than to protect our interests there. He bragged about the stabilization of Iraq a few years ago while calling it a "dumb war" when it was politically correct.
He compared ISIS to a JV team a few months ago. A junior varsity team!
How can it be any more clear to you pacifists who think you're immune from this evil? Thinking that after 9/11 borders on insanity.
You people can NEVER get your facts right.

Yes, Obama kept his campaign promise by ending the war -- but he didn't have much of a choice. The troops weren't withdrawn because the U.S. wanted them out. They left because the Iraqi government refused to let them stay.

OCT 21 2011:

"The White House -- anxious about growing Iranian influence and Iraq's continuing political and security challenges -- publicly and privately tried to sell the Iraqis on a troop extension."

"Obama's speech at the White House was less a dramatic surprise than simple confirmation of what had long been expected by observers of the moribund talks between the administration and the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, which believes its own security forces are more than up to the task of protecting the country from terror attacks originating within its borders or foreign incursions from neighboring countries."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1182883 Aug 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman was right about IS weapons. They captured tanks, self propelled artillery, everything but air power.
That is where we can bleed them badly. They have no air defense.
Rumor is that they confiscated dozens or hundreds of Stinger type weapons. They are especially dangerous because they are hand held,hard to spot, and extremely mobile.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182884 Aug 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
She was talking about the two bombs she dropped this morning!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182885 Aug 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the children in Gaza? The Israelis justified it saying that Hamas used them as human shields. What a load
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1182886 Aug 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you don't have any money loser, second you haven't established any thing you lying freak. Ghost has a simple computer with no attachments moron, Your paranoia and obsession is fanatical. Ghost couldn't care less about your miserable ass. Ghost don't have any anger dumbo I'm happy, you and your bagger friends are the angry haters, hell just read here every day. The only thing for sure is just how stupid you really are...Eman knows that isn't me.You are a stone psycho. and if you weren't such an asshole I would almost feel sorry for you. You definitely have some serious mental issues. My woman and I have been gone for the last three hours having dinner, you need to look into getting some treatment soon.
The numbers don't add up. Did you say you played baseball at Wake Forest in 1963 or that you were a 92G in 1973?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Susanm 341,604
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Brew In 35,965
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480