Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431806 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1180946 Aug 5, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The people that don't want to have babies and even the people that don't want to love,support, or care for babies shouldn't have sex. Hobby Lobby has agreed on 37 forms of birth control, they disagreed with abortion and three types of mourning after pills. The big puzzle here is why are all the lesbians the ones suing about birth control?
in fact, Hobby Lobby health care plan provided those same contraceptives they said they abhor for years... they actually canceled that plan so they could file the suit they did.

they don't really care about it that much, obviously, they provided it for years and years.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1180947 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one would hope that would be the case; however, not all families are capable of doing so. There will always be that percentage of people who make mistakes; having children they are not prepared to care for. It seems that the rightwing evangelicals have a lot of hangups about sex; they think if birth control is available; that they are paying for them to have fun!
How distorted is that? Isn't it better to prevent?
Isn't it better to prevent?

Of course it is. Just sterilize the little black bunnies and be done with it.

St. Croix valley

#1180948 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
"mourning after pills" LOLL you're a stooge Frank. Hobby Lobby is a cult
Mourning after...that is what people who sleep with frank feel.

St. Croix valley

#1180949 Aug 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it better to prevent?
Of course it is. Just sterilize the little black bunnies and be done with it.
that was Hitler's plan...good to know you and he are best buds in that regard.

the eugenics started by the good christian folks of the US....
zzz

United States

#1180950 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Her brother isn't her brother. He's her son.
And Sarah won't allow DNA testing.
What does that tell you??
HA bet she would if you could get tranny Michael and Barack to agree to have their two daughters DNA tested...

Whata wanna bet?
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180951 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Mourning after...that is what people who sleep with frank feel.
NOT BAD, TICKERS... NOT BAD... I GOT MY EYE ON YOU, HONEY... YOU GOT POTENTIAL...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180953 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be throwing birth control pills at women on the streets if I knew they'd pick them up and take them to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
Birth control has been around and widely used since my 20s. Why has there been so many abortions since the 1960s knowing this?
Planned Parenthood gives away birth control pills for free.
The Democrats use women for political posturing. Birth control has been readily available, easy to get and free through PP for decades.
Yet, look up how many abortions took place just since January of this year.
Something is very wrong with our society losing its sense of being civilized and respecting life. And it's being perpetrated by an ideology that you defend and support. What makes you do that?
I do not like abortion.

I do not think it is any of my business if a woman decides to have one.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180954 Aug 5, 2014
... MUCH BIGGER ONE...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180955 Aug 5, 2014
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
HA bet she would if you could get tranny Michael and Barack to agree to have their two daughters DNA tested...
Whata wanna bet?
WHAT'A YOU WANNA BET, CRACKER?... YOU LIFE?... YOU WANNA BET YOU LIFE?...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180956 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If the progressive liberals spent as much money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion in an effort to make casual and unprotected sex more taboo as they do funding Planned Parenthood and ads to push a war on women using birth control, ironically enough, as the frontline of choice, there'd be a helluva lot less aborted babies.
It's an absolute certainty.
But they don't. Wonder why that is?
Oh come now, we have spent billions on public service advertising and education on "safe sex and birth control". Even you are not that uninformed.

Fact is, teen pregnancies are at an all time low under Obama. That is due to better access to contraception and family planning, and more funding for programs that prevent teen pregnancy.

Abortions went up under Reagan, up under Bush I, saw their largest decline since Roe under Clinton, leveled out again under Bush II and has gone down under Obama.

FACT: Democratic policies reduce abortions, and Republican policies result in more.

St. Croix valley

#1180957 Aug 5, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT BAD, TICKERS... NOT BAD... I GOT MY EYE ON YOU, HONEY... YOU GOT POTENTIAL...
how would you know?
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180958 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not like abortion.
I do not think it is any of my business if a woman decides to have one.
GIVE IT UP, HONEY,... JUS' SHOOT 'EM... THEY NOT TRYIN' TO REASON WIT YOU... YOU KNOW THAT... YOU SAY LEFT, THEY SAY RIGHT... WHATEVER YOU ACCUSE THEM OF.... THEY SAY IS YOU FAULT... IT THE CALCULUS BEHIND THEIR MOVEMENT... YOU KEEP TRYIN' TO REASON WITH THEM YOU MAKE THE RES' OF US LOOK BAD... JUS' SHOOT 'EM... THEY OL', THEY NOT HARD TO HIT....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180959 Aug 5, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The people that don't want to have babies and even the people that don't want to love,support, or care for babies shouldn't have sex. Hobby Lobby has agreed on 37 forms of birth control, they disagreed with abortion and three types of mourning after pills. The big puzzle here is why are all the lesbians the ones suing about birth control?
Shouldn't have sex. That's funny.

How has that ever worked??

Someone should have told Adam & Eve.

Don't know about the lesbians, but there are turkey basters.

Hobby Lobby has no business in women's access to birth control.

This was a stupid SC decision, based on the religion of the SC members.

That is not the way the Constitution is designed to work..\

The founders fought to keep religion out of Government.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180960 Aug 5, 2014
SO, UM, TICKERS... WHAT PART OF KOREA YOU FROM?..
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180961 Aug 5, 2014
WORSE THING IS THEY TRYIN' TO EDIT MY CREATIVITY... THAT A SERIOUS MISTAKE.... I NOT TRYIN' TO REASON WIT ANYBODY... I JUS' HERE AT THE KILL...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180962 Aug 5, 2014
HOW MANY TIMES YOU CRACKERS AN' RED DOTS WANNA HEAR THIS STORY? IT JUS' THE TROOTH, MY DEARS... YOU SCARED OF THE TROOTH?... IT SEEM TO BE A MOVIN' TARGET?... YOU GONNA TELL ME I DON' KNOW HOW TO SPELL "TROOTH?".... WELL, UM, MAKE ME....
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180963 Aug 5, 2014
TRICK IS IF YOU WAN' KILL A KOREAN YOU GOT TO PUT YOU EARPLUGS IN FIRST....THEY GOT THEM WHINEY, L'IL ASIAN VOICES LIKE FINGERNAILS ON THE BLACKBOARD... DRIVE YOU CRAZY...
zzz

United States

#1180964 Aug 5, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT'A YOU WANNA BET, CRACKER?... YOU LIFE?... YOU WANNA BET YOU LIFE?...
You wanna kiss/lick my what? Sorry I don't roll that way ask Nuc or one of the libs they get into that kinky stuff.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180965 Aug 5, 2014
Maddy wrote:
WASHINGTON — A government website intended to make federal spending more transparent was missing at least $619 billion from 302 federal programs, a government audit has found.
And the data that does exist is wildly inaccurate, according to the Government Accountability Office, which looked at 2012 spending data. Only 2% to 7% of spending data on USASpending.gov is "fully consistent with agencies' records," according to the report.
Among the data missing from the 6-year-old federal website:
• The Department of Health and Human Services failed to report nearly $544 billion, mostly in direct assistance programs like Medicare. The department admitted that it should have reported aggregate numbers of spending on those programs.
• The Department of the Interior did not report spending for 163 of its 265 assistance programs because, the department said, its accounting systems were not compatible with the data formats required by USASpending.gov . The result:$5.3 billion in spending missing from the website.
• The White House itself failed to report any of the programs it's directly responsible for. At the Office of National Drug Control Policy, which is part of the White House, officials said they thought HHS was responsible for reporting their spending.
For more than 22% of federal awards, the spending website literally doesn't know where the money went. The "place of performance" of federal contracts was most likely to be wrong.
That's a problem, said Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del., the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee.
"We live in a world in which information drives decisions," Carper said. "And, given the budget constraints that our government faces, we need reliable information on how and where our money is being spent.
The report comes as the Obama administration begins to implement the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act, which Congress passed last year to expand the amount of federal spending data available to the public.
The report said the Office of Management and Budget needed to exercise greater oversight of federal agencies reporting spending data. "Until these weaknesses are addressed, any effort to use the data will be hampered by uncertainties about accuracy," the report said.
OMB spokesman Jamal Brown said the administration is already working to improve the data following the passage of the DATA Act last year. "OMB is committed to federal spending transparency and working with agencies to improve the completeness and accuracy of data submissions," he said in a statement.
The administration is also transferring responsibility for the website from the General Services Administration to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service in the Department of the Treasury.
==========
Where's the money?
You just told us where the money is dummy. It isn't like it disappeared just because it wasn't included on the website. Tell me, how did the website work under the Bush administration? Oh, that's right, there was no website. His administration was know for zero transparancy.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180966 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know?
? I THE MASTER, HONEY... HOW WOULDN'T I KNOW? HEY, UM... LES' SEE YOU WRITE SUMTHIN'... ANYTHING... G'HEAD... SHOW ME YOU DESERVE A YELLOW BELT, MR. LEE......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min cpeter1313 311,871
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Les Miles 32,402
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 10,086
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web