Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457903 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1179955 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Please please please educate yourself about John Tiffany of Temecula California who owns the Barnes Book Review which caters to the ultra conservative nut job set with nonsense such as that supposedly written by one Robert M Groomes.on the topic of blacks owned slaves too.
You, Flack and many of the other scumbag teabags on here have posted that puke while skirting where it came from.
It came from the TBR Book Club www.barnesreview.org
You'll find a few of your other revelations at that site too.
Shows where Nobraina got the idea for his fake location.

He's likely a long term subscriber.

Carol knows all this, she just likes to play coy about it.

Where do you think she got the info for her screeds about blacks owning slaves recently.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179956 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you, but the housing bubble burst in 2007-2008. The Democrats were as guilty as some Republicans, even more so, for letting the housing market go unchecked despite warnings by both Bush and Bernanke.
The economy wasn't in the shape it's in now until around 2007 when the house of cards came crashing down. Unemployment and the GDP were doing quite well until then.
And now it's been six years for the new leadership to turn things around. It shouldn't take six years to turn anything around.
The economy has always improved within two years after any major recession under other president and their leadership.
This president doesn't want things to improve. But you still don't get that. The government can't control every aspect of our lives if things improved. But you still don't get that either.
Hate to break it to your stupid azz but the housing bubble "began to burst" in 2005 when the FHA inspectors began getting fewer calls for appraisal inspections even though the home sales pace was increasing at warp speed.

Journalist's at your hometown paper the Orlando Sentinel, particularly Mike Thomas and Dan Tracy wrote fiercely on the subject.

Where were you then?

Location hidden

#1179957 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any values? I mean other than big government taking care of you from cradle to grave?
Whose money are you willing to steal if that is, in fact, what you value?
Because that's not a value.
Maybe you should just tell me your values. I'd be interested. Really.
I'm not collecting Social Security, I'm paying for yours. How long until you ask me to pay for your Medicare??

What are your values?? To take everything yoy can get from Gov't, feeling entitled.

Tell me how you've earned me paying you.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1179958 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go there, Lorac. I really want to talk about your disgusting bigotry and hatred.
And it's clear that you don't.
Go back and read my reply, nitwit.
Why is it that Realtime saw it and you didn't??
Smoke gets in your eyes??
You have too many issues, nuc, that go far and beyond discussing them on this kind of forum.

Frankly, I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. How sad it must be to be trapped inside your brainwashed and totally confused head.

But keep defending the party who cares less about you, blacks, minorities or women. They care about power and using them to keep it.

That's how confused you are.

Orlando, FL

#1179959 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to break it to your stupid azz but the housing bubble "began to burst" in 2005 when the FHA inspectors began getting fewer calls for appraisal inspections even though the home sales pace was increasing at warp speed.
Journalist's at your hometown paper the Orlando Sentinel, particularly Mike Thomas and Dan Tracy wrote fiercely on the subject.
Where were you then?
Does it really matter if it "began to burst" in 2005 and came crashing down in 2007-2008?

Nitpicking makes you sound a lot like nuc.

Focus on the big picture. Which is a decline in median incomes since 2009 and Obamacare.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179960 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you lose...again.
"In those neighborhoods, 35% of residents are now considered to be below the poverty line, defined as a family of four making $23,492 or less in 2012."
It's about income and the decline in earnings in the middle class.
"Much of the outflow of population from urban cores to suburbs has historically been middle- and upper-income. That is less true now.”
http://news.msn.com/us/the-rise-of-suburban-p...
Obama should have spent more time focusing on turning this around than his failed legacy of Obamacare.
Think how much time was wasted on this - and him - and a decline in full-time jobs to part-time because of it is causing even more distress among the middle class.
It's about the economy, stupid.(Think whoever said that was talking about you.)
Not about Obama's self-imposed legacy that has failed miserably.
That's an opinion piece babe__from a news aggregator__and it's bullcht.

Location hidden

#1179961 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol again provers just how GD stupid she is. Racism in the South existed in both parties & she knows it. So Carol, are you just a liar? Or do you actually think you are fooling anyone
In the 1964 Civil Right Act, Democrats and Republicans in the South voted against it and Democrats & Republicans outside the South voted for it,.
The 1960 Segergationist Southern Democrats all became Repugnetards, after Kennedy/Johnson went big on Civil Rights....and she knows that.

Ronald Reagan. Strom Thurmond. Jesse Helms. So many others.

Carol creates history like a Bible story. Not a lot of facts there, but it sounds pretty.

Orlando, FL

#1179962 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not collecting Social Security, I'm paying for yours. How long until you ask me to pay for your Medicare??
What are your values?? To take everything yoy can get from Gov't, feeling entitled.
Tell me how you've earned me paying you.
Yeah, and I paid for the generation before me. That's what the Democrats wanted. So stop complaining about your own party's brilliant ideas if you're going to support more of them.

The question was for Grey - about his values. But since you piped in, what are yours?

I asked first.

Location hidden

#1179963 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have too many issues, nuc, that go far and beyond discussing them on this kind of forum.
Frankly, I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. How sad it must be to be trapped inside your brainwashed and totally confused head.
But keep defending the party who cares less about you, blacks, minorities or women. They care about power and using them to keep it.
That's how confused you are.
I like it when you get angry and moralize!!

You never could push your bullshit past me, Carol. That's not gonna change.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1179964 Aug 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And your chickens flew the coop long ago.
And you keep choking yours.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179965 Aug 4, 2014
Another we told you so…Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients!! One thing Obamacare does offer’ lower level of Care!!‘

Orlando, FL

#1179967 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's an opinion piece babe__from a news aggregator__and it's bullcht.
Of course it is. Apparently, so is every article I've posted including CNN, Time Magazine, USA Today, and I even recall one time when a New York Times article was just gibberish.

Or bullcht in this case - MSN.

Unless it's a Soros-funded website, it's always just gibberish.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179968 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The volunteer who referenced McConnell's wife's ethnicity as being "Asian" isn't nearly as bigotted as hateful as someone like kvetch who refers to her as a "chink". What's wrong with these people?
I know, right!

Wait a sec...what's wrong with what people?

Do you mean the party that has documented racists as sitting VP and Senate Majority Leader?

Of course you don't. You're a left wing hypocrite.

Lapeer, MI

#1179969 Aug 4, 2014
Shadow Ban wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't helping mamma.
Is it just more drama?
It's been said often and by many that Americans have the most expensive urine.

Are you drinking from the Toilet again?

Location hidden

#1179970 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I paid for the generation before me. That's what the Democrats wanted. So stop complaining about your own party's brilliant ideas if you're going to support more of them.
The question was for Grey - about his values. But since you piped in, what are yours?
I asked first.
I'm more concerned about your lack of honesty as a value.

Calling your bigotry a 'traditional value' is about as dishonest as you can get, eh??

Lapeer, MI

#1179971 Aug 4, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Ebola O'bama was never qualified to be a president of Anything.
Nor was his Guardian, Valerie Jarrett.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179972 Aug 4, 2014
Another we told you so…Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients!! One thing Obamacare does offer’ lower level of Care!!‘

Orlando, FL

#1179973 Aug 4, 2014
Liberals better sit down.

Your progressive liberal party could care less about you, blacks, Hispanics and minorities.

They care about power and control and keeping it all costs and by any means necessary even it means using and manipulating people and your bleeding hearts to do so.

This may not be what you want to know but it's for your own good.

Location hidden

#1179974 Aug 4, 2014
Alabama Abortion Clinic Law Ruled Unconstitutional

A federal judge ruled on Monday that an Alabama law requiring abortion providers to have admitting privileges at local hospitals is unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson said the new law, which evidence shows would have closed three out of Alabama's five abortion clinics, imposes an "undue burden" on women's ability to seek an abortion.

"A significant number of the women would be prevented from obtaining an abortion; others would be delayed in obtaining abortions, exposing them to greater risks of complications; and even the women who are able to obtain abortions would suffer significant harms in terms of time, financial cost, and invasion of privacy," Thompson wrote in the opinion.

The law also increases the risk that women who could not access legal abortion would take matters into their own hands, Thompson said. One abortion provider "testified that she has already begun to see a few patients a month who had attempted to self-abort using illegally obtained medications, because the medications were less expensive than a supervised abortion," Thompson wrote. "At the worst, there is a danger that women would attempt surgical abortions on themselves."

----------

what in hell is wrong with these right wing hate mongers??
Nostrilis Waxman

San Jose, CA

#1179975 Aug 4, 2014
I am about the only teabagger here right now! All me. Me and all my sockpuppets!!!!!!!!!!

JUST ME!

Baahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Brew In 32,590
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 312,664
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web