Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601238 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1178970 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, now you're using profanity??
I really lit you up, Woody!!
Want to tell me just how many will be employed in the design, production, programming, and maintaining robots??
About 85% less than the people who will be replaced by the technology. DUH
It's not labor intensive, like spreading the manure you specialize in.
Sweeping streets?? You're a real grunt, eh?? LOL
You really don't appear to be your brash, braggadocious self Woody.
Time for a movie??
Or should I toy with you some more??
the more robots ae used in manufacturing, the more people will be employed making, designing, and programming them...gee too hard for you puny brain to figure out?

i use profanity a lot you little fuck..you must not be very observant, but then that was already a known fact. still making stupid statements, i see.
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1178971 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobraina has been whining about "Federal Workers" for 6 years!!
He wants to see them all fired!!
A perfect example of a Federal Worker is a member of the Military. DUH
A temporary employee, at that. Enlistment to enlistment, at the discretion of Command.
Nobraina is so stupid.
Have you EVER met a talkative Libertarian who'd didn't have government job?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1178972 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when were "whistleblowers" afraid to say anything? Seems to me it is the opposite.
Technically it's preposterous.

But I know that won't stop rolo!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1178974 Aug 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to attribute oil production to a president, same goes to gas prices. He has very little to do with either. Market demands and drilling on private and state property increased oil and gas production and the market demands increased gas prices. The point was if you're going to give credit for one, give credit for the other. Cherry pick much?
You're just whining because the optics between Bush and Obama's energy production make you look foolish.

Obama has increased domestic production at a faster rate than any of Bush's 8 years.

No relation between domestic production and energy prices, to start with.

Oil prices are global, in case that fact hadn't penetrated the TeaParty.

Natural Gas prices are lower in th eUSA than nearly anywhere else on the planet.

Your trying to conflate gas prices with Obama's energy policies are as lame and devoid of facts as I've come to expect from you.

cherry pick much?? Your existence here is based on that.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1178975 Aug 2, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't seem to work very well in this administration.
WASHINGTON ó Department of Veterans Affairs whistle-blowers took turns ripping their own agency during a congressional hearing Tuesday, not only for failing America's veterans and falsifying appointment records, but for retaliating against employees who try to expose safety and ethics violations.
The testimony refers to scores of whistle-blowers nationwide who have been victimized by retribution, with 76 instances now under investigation. "It is clear that the workplace culture in many VA facilities is hostile to whistle-blowers and actively discourages them from coming forward with what is often critical information," says the written testimony. "The number of cases increases daily."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
The majority of those whistle-blowers were victimized under the Bush administration but, in all fairness, you really can't blame a president for the actions of VA management no matter how much you try.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1178976 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are not too smart. Whistleblowers are free to file complaints that they believe reasonably evidences a violation of a law, rule or regulation; they can report gross mismanagement; they can report gross waste of funds, abuses of authority and specific dangers to public health or safety. What they cannot do is disclose classified information which puts out intelligence community at risk. If Obama is prosecuting those people at a greater rate than "any other administration", good for him. He is doing his job.
Says the person who isn't bright enough to stay up with the news and should have KNOWN there is numerous complaints about whistle blowers being punished by the higher ups.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1178977 Aug 2, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> $5 says that before Obama gets out of office we will need more military then we have now. You libtards have no clue what you are doing!!!
lol! You don't have $5 son...
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1178978 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because she's far smarter than you is no reason for you to hate on her..........
Or maybe it is.
WELL!!!... That explains IT!!! Your reason for hating on ME!!! LOL!!!

How 'ya doin', nukie-no-sacks ?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1178979 Aug 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone says something you don't like and you try to discredit who said it rather than what was said--clueless knee jerk reaction.
National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (H.R. 2647) established the bi-partisan National Defense Panel to provide the Quadrennial Defense Review to Congress. The Secretary of Defense appoints members of the council.
lol! Isn't that what you do son? On a regular basis?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1178980 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to diappoint you, lame one, but I posted two replies to Nobraina's ignorant post. DUH
Try reading, and quit obsessing ove how USA makes you feel so stupid.
Senseless is the one who keeps denying the authority of the Defense panel. She can't get any stupider than that. Good grief--it is part of a law and reports to congress.

So, how is you defending senseless lame post suppose to help your credibility?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1178981 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed is about your speed, Woody.
You're not too far avove him on the food chain, y'know..........
species above you, dear.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1178982 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People who refer to Obama as the "Magic Negro" and other racist remarks are against blacks.
If I call Joe Biden a "Magic Caucasian", is that racist??
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1178983 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Aahhh, the crazy people have arrived.
I didn't write the article about The Georgia Guidestones, Design, Finance, Build or Inscribe their principles in 12 different languages with Astrological Alignments built into the longitude and latitude of the stones' placements.

Those are the crazy people ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1178984 Aug 2, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Talk About Change
Coal Miners Union In Full Revolt After Supporting Obama In 2008
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/02/coal-miners...
unemployed coal miners will just love those $15/hour jobs in fast food....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1178985 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of those whistle-blowers were victimized under the Bush administration but, in all fairness, you really can't blame a president for the actions of VA management no matter how much you try.
LOL, let me get this straight it is Bush's fault and if it happened during Obama's admin--it isn't his is your claim.

Nothing like shouting your a hypocrite.

We are discussing whistle blowers and it specific those at the VA. The current scandal started when the ex-VA administrator--Shinseki-- offered bonuses for keeping up with requests for appointments. Yes, it happened during Obama's watch

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1178986 Aug 2, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
If I call Joe Biden a "Magic Caucasian", is that racist??
A skinny dipping Magic Caucasian

In Unicorn land all their leaders are magical

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1178987 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're so stupid you want to politicize the CDC and the UN.
With the threats of disease today, you'd better hope they function well.
There have been errors. No one has gotten sick, idiot. As with all organizations, they need to tighten up procedures.
For you to make it a liberal issue shows how big an
Can't you find another thread to be stupid in??
I want to politicize the UN, eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......What in the Hell do you think the UN *is*, Dood?

A Fast Food Service? An Amusement Park?

Civics is not taught in Urban Reservation Indoctrination Camps, I see.

Whoever said that Man is a Political Animal didn't know about primates like you:-)

Science - ALL Science has been politicized in this Magic Negro Era. From Global Warming to Cafeteria Nutrition to Birth Control to Healthcare and, yes, to Public Health.

You must have been beating yourself in the restroom for the past 6 years, eh?

That's unhealthy, Dood. I'm gonna tell the CDC on you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1178988 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying.
"Enlistment to enlistment, at the discretion of Command." Helpful.
why should any government jobs be "permanent"???......

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1178989 Aug 2, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Talk About Change
Coal Miners Union In Full Revolt After Supporting Obama In 2008
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/02/coal-miners...
I never understood why they supported him in the first place. Obama was never a coal booster.

Obama, 2008 (supposedly): "So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can ó itís just that it will bankrupt them, because they are going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas thatís being emitted."

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/02/obama-w...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1178990 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
so if we already spend more on defense than the next 14 top Nations COMBINED, how much is enough??
We can't help Americans facing problems, we have crumbling infrastructure nationwide, but we can spend anything to be the World's Policeman??
What the hell is wrong with you??
Yes, and when we cannot defend our self what difference will roads make?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr ROFLMAO 34,201
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weapon X 317,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr POPS 11,559
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web