Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394588 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fiscal conservative

Los Angeles, CA

#1175325 Jul 28, 2014
I'll sue you!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175327 Jul 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I prefer to think how many Steven Hawking, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Nikola Tesla we have lost. How many people we lost that could have solved some of the worlds problems. It's a shame that it all boils down to money or convenience. But if people want to destroy their future who am I to stop them.
more likely the aborted would become street thugs or drug dealers who would kill the future Einsteins.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175328 Jul 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not talking about 1916 "imbecile".
Repeat: AT THE TIME OF THE RECOMMENDED PARTITIAN OF PALESTINE, the Jews owned less than 6% of Palestine. Population wise, they represented 31% of the population. Yet, it was recommended the Jews receive 55% of the land.
sounds like OCD dumbass Dave pretending to be USAsince......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1175329 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more likely the aborted would become street thugs or drug dealers who would kill the future Einsteins.....
I'm afraid I would tend to agree with you considering where most abortions are performed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175330 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're misunderstanding me and my point. I still think individuals should buy their own private health insurance for their own health care. But unless it becomes more affordable and competitive across state lines, nothing will change. It has to become more affordable first by making drastic changes in the health care industry by way of physicians and hospitals not overcharging their patients and adding to their bills unnecessary costs.
That's how health insurance can become more affordable and excuses for not having it diminish. Those who can afford it but choose not to go to walk-in clinics and those who still can't afford it go to any free health care clinic in every city and town across the country. Only in lifesaving circumstances should the ER be the first stop.
define "overcharging"......
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175331 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
Carol is a RINO
Galt is LINO
Now time for lunch
AND ROXY IS A WINO: WOMAN IN NAME ONLY
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175333 Jul 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Confucius....say....
dumm dumm
you blew that joke....
No joke dummy, I was simply mocking Flack..Now get back to your moronic posts that no one reads.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175334 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Specialty doctors are oftentimes necessary. The costs of seeing them are still too high.
There's too much going on involving too many people in the medical profession, tests and scans are done routinely and much too expensive and not enough competition in obtaining affordable health insurance or changing the laws with tort reform.
We're not addressing the real problem.
what would you prefer instead of "tests and scans"???....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1175335 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt favors "guest worker" programs that have a defined duration, no expectation of permanent residency or citizenship, and terminate when employment ends.....
Posit favors the same.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175336 Jul 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Nothing to see here...
'Cairo (AFP)- Egypt's army said Sunday it has destroyed 13 more tunnels connecting the Sinai Peninsula to the Gaza Strip, taking to 1,639 the overall number it has laid waste to.'
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-army-destroys-13-...
Egypt knows that the rabble in Gaza would like to overthrow the Egyptian government.....
Mr Z

United States

#1175338 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets see Columbo, you have been here what 2 days yet you are accusing a poster of being someone else.. That tells me that you are a liar Waxturd.
Let's see, Sherlock...using your brilliant deductive logic there can be only one Topix poster from CT?

Go tell it to your thousands of friends and fans, Mr. Baseball.

Phony geezer.
Patrick

United States

#1175339 Jul 28, 2014
Mr Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about ¨Mexicans¨, Realtime?
Don't you know the ILLEGAL ALIENS include Guatemalans, Ecuadorians and Hondurans?
Do they all look the same to you?
You know nothing of my ancestry. I may be related to Elizabeth Warren.
You are in obvious need of further education.
No problems here!
Are you returning to England to live or staying here as our guest?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175340 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt favors "guest worker" programs that have a defined duration, no expectation of permanent residency or citizenship, and terminate when employment ends.....
We had exactly that In California years ago dumbo, they were called migrant workers and lived in camps out side of town. There were rules that they had to adhere to, such as not being sable to be in town after 7 pm or after dark and had to check back in at a certain time, on and on.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175341 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, knowledge is not bullshit. It's power. Therefore, how much longer are we going to have to put up with your ignorant bullshit, leosnana?
If that is the case shouldn't you get started on the knowledge part????You could very well be the beginning of ignorance is bliss saying...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1175342 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Alzheimer's is a bad disease, Reagan did not know his family in the last years.
Both of my parents were struck with this dreadful disease. Dad died at age 84 and mom at age 86. My family said the long good-bye for 10 years between them both.

Dad forgot how to swallow in the final stage. It took six days for him to finally succumb in a vegetative-type state. I know this disease very well.

Mom was alert throughout her disease process but couldn't remember anything from one minute to the next. She still thought of my sister and me as being very young but was always delighted to see us. She ended up dying of a stroke.

It's not easy for families living with this disease. And there are a lot of us out there who know this.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1175343 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like OCD dumbass Dave pretending to be USAsince......
I knew it was someone already posting here. I was leaning towards Nuc
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175344 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
One Hamas tunnel takes 350 truckloads of building supplies...
What could have been built with those materials...
86 Homes
7 mosques
6 schools
19 medical centers
Each tunnel costs 3 million dollars. So far 30 tunnels have been found which brings the cost for the tunnels to 90 million dollars
https://twitter.com/peddoc63/status/493820946...
JUST LOOK AT IT AS BEING A SORT OF UNDERGROUND ECONOMY... I WONDER WHAT THEY DID WITH ALL THE DIRT? SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THESE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GIVE THE HISPANICS A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY AFTER ALL THIS, HUH?
Patrick

United States

#1175345 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
We had exactly that In California years ago dumbo, they were called migrant workers and lived in camps out side of town. There were rules that they had to adhere to, such as not being sable to be in town after 7 pm or after dark and had to check back in at a certain time, on and on.
Ayn Rand types are self reliant,........ on threads
"Hi fire department ...I am a libertarian ...oh never mind"
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175346 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
One Hamas tunnel takes 350 truckloads of building supplies...
What could have been built with those materials...
86 Homes
7 mosques
6 schools
19 medical centers
Each tunnel costs 3 million dollars. So far 30 tunnels have been found which brings the cost for the tunnels to 90 million dollars
https://twitter.com/peddoc63/status/493820946...
Latest Posts:
Shannon Hicks denies staging her fake "iconic" Sandy Hook photograph
The Sandy Hook "Smoking Gun": Game, Set, Match!
Sent worldwide, Shannon Hick's "iconic" Sandy Hook photo was faked

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 | Posted by Jim Fetzer
How Much does Israel Cost the Average American?
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on pinterest_shareMore Sharing Services461
By Alcibiades Bilzerian

While so many Americans are subsisting on food stamps, losing their homes, and accumulating credit card debt they will never be able to pay off, the US is giving Israel $3 billion in direct foreign aid every year and, according to Congressman James Traficant, another $12-17 billion in indirect aid such as valuable military equipment deemed “scrapped,” loan guarantees, and preferential contracts. Israel is an affluent country with more than 10,000 millionaires and, according to the International Monetary Fund, was one of the few economies that weathered the 2008 financial storm nearly unscathed.

It’s hard to calculate the exact amount of foreign aid America gives Israel every year because the Israeli lobby in America secretly campaigns to give the tiny desert nation as much under-the-table aid as they can secure. In 1992, AIPAC President David Steiner was caught on tape bragging about his organization’s incredible power in America. Steiner first admitted to manipulating the US Secretary of State into giving Israel more foreign aid. Steiner said he,”met with [Secretary of State] Jim Baker and I cut a deal with him. I got, besides the $3 billion, you know they’re looking for the Jewish votes, and I’ll tell him whatever he wants to hear … Besides the $10 billion in loan guarantees which was a fabulous thing,$3 billion in foreign, in military aid, and I got almost a billion dollars in other goodies that people don’t even know about.”

According to the General Accounting Office (GAO), Israel operates the largest spying operation on America of any of our allies, and they use some of their intelligence gathering to steal American business secrets, which costs the US jobs and money. The two largest and most powerful Israeli lobbies in America, AIPAC and the Anti-Defamation League, have both been caught red-handed spying for Israel (see the 2005 AIPAC Scandal and 1993 ADL Spying scandal). Shortly after the September 11, 2001 attacks, the FBI rounded up more than a hundred Israeli spies who were caught infiltrating dozens of federal agencies. It was one of the largest spy rings
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175347 Jul 28, 2014
carol wrote:
<quoted text>C unt- ime
I WUZ THINKIN' THE EXACT SAME THING....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 255,491
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 44 min Into The Night 9,791
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Chris Chris 311,323
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web