Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659779 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Dallas, TX

#1170959 Jul 22, 2014
I FOUND YOU PEOPLE YEARS AGO BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHO WAS USING THE CONSTITUTION AS A WEAPON AGAINST FREEDOM?... I FOUND OUT WHO IT WAS... 16 MISERLY WORDS IN A COMMERCE CLAUSE THAT SAYS, ESSENTIALLY, NOTHING... 16 CRAPPY WORDS... WHO, IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD TRY AND FINESSE 16 CRAPPY SLAVE-OWNER WORDS TO TRY AND BUILD AN UNASSAILABLE EMPIRE? WHO INDEED?... FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, I WILL WORK TO DESTROY THIS DISGUSTING TRAVESTY...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1170960 Jul 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration
An aide to Rick Perry is confident that the Texas Governor proved he “has what it takes to be President” with his decision on Monday to send troops somewhere for no reason.
By deploying a thousand National Guardsmen to the U.S.-Mexico border, Perry has shown that as President he would be “ready and willing” to use troops without a defined objective, mission, or exit strategy, the aide confirmed.
“Sending troops someplace with no clear idea of why they are going or what they are supposed to be doing once they get there is a key part of the Presidential skill set,” said the aide, Harland Dorrinson.“Rick Perry has just shown that he’s got that nailed down.”
Dorrinson acknowledged that the gold standard for using troops for no reason might have been set by Perry’s predecessor in Texas, George W. Bush, but added,“If anyone can beat that record, it’s Rick.”
According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters.“Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.
At least he's doing something besides flipping hamburgers and flitting around the country in campaign mode...his comfort zone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170961 Jul 22, 2014
Social Science!

Happiest:
' Male
39 years old
Married
Household income between $150,000 and $200,000
In a senior management position
1 young child at home
A wife who works part-time'

Unhappiest:
' Female
42 years old
Unmarried (and no children)
Household income under $100,000
In a professional position (doctor, lawyer, etc.)'

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/high-octa...
THE DEVIL

Dallas, TX

#1170962 Jul 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards. Israel has always tried to be the peacekeepers.
Palestinians are siding with fellow Arabs who have one desire - to annihilate Israel and every single Jew on the planet.
Galt is right. The Palestinians will never realize they've created their own misery and have the power to stop it. Not sure they can even if they wanted to at this point.
SHUT UP, YOU DUMB BITCH, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S IN CANCER-MAN'S INSURANCE POLICY - ISSUED BY A JEW...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1170963 Jul 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/justi ce/2014/07/22/3459165/halbig/
Punishing Millions For A Proofreading Error
The two Republicans’ decision rests on a glorified typo in the Affordable Care Act itself. Obamacare gives states a choice. They can either run their own health insurance exchange where their residents may buy health insurance, and receive subsidies to help them pay for that insurance if they qualify, or they can allow the federal government to run that exchange for them. Yet the plaintiffs’ in this case uncovered a drafting error in the statute where it appears to limit the subsidies to individuals who obtain insurance through “an Exchange established by the State.” Randolph and Griffith’s opinion concludes that this drafting error is the only thing that matters. In their words,“a federal Exchange is not an ‘Exchange established by the State,’” and that’s it. The upshot of this opinion is that 6.5 million Americans will lose their ability to afford health insurance, according to one estimate.
It wasn't a typo. They were so convinced that Obamacare would so widely embraced they failed to consider the possibility that there would be states who wouldn't have them.

There is a simple solution to this and it isn't Obama's pen. The Congress needs to re-write the law.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1170964 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo you aren't the least bit interested as to how we arrived to where we are today. Israel has been expanding ever since they have been there, along with treating the real owners of that land like animals. you are an idiot and you prove it daily...Your daily misery makes me smile. And is your punishment for being a moron.
Before 1948 it was - the British Empire
Before the British it was - the Ottoman Empire
Before Ottomans it was - fought over by Crusaders and Arabs
Before the Crusades it was - briefly held by Arabs
Before the Arab Jihad it was - The Byzantine Christian Empire
Before the Byzantines it was - the Roman Empire's Provence of Israel
Before the Romans it was - Israel, province of Alexandrian Greek Empire.
Before Alexander it was - Israel, province of Persian empire
Before Persia it was - Israel, province of Babylonian empire
Before Babylon it was - Israel
The Land was given to Abraham, Grandfather of Jacob/Israel

...Or so I've heard. Feel free to fact check.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEVIL

Dallas, TX

#1170965 Jul 22, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>

Or RICE ( If I was cooking Puerto Rican or Cuban Style Meal ).
I'll put the Anisetta and Amaretto On Ice....:-). And an Iced Cold Bottle of Milk..
Tell My Husband to put One more at The Table ... Bring your Two Girls, love to have them for Dinner. I'll invite some Cousins their Age to come over as well.
They can all hang out together The Girls and The Boys.
Non Si, they're Young Gentleman or "I'll" take all of their TECHS Away .... LOL !!!
So, they wreck The House ??!!?? LOL !!!

A New World Order Is Coming ...
Chin-Chin !
YEAH, HONEY, MORE FOOD, THAT'S THE ANSWER... WHAT'S "CHIN-CHIN" MEAN? IS THAT WHERE YOU BLOW HIM FOR RECIPES?... THANKS FOR THE INVITATION BUT I GENERALLY COME WHEREVER I WANT... ESPECIALLY ON THE GIRLS... CHIN-CHIN..
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170966 Jul 22, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
'All Jews'. Have you been an anti-semite long?
I judge others by their actions, I detest most Jews and most all baggers. Hell just read the un American bitches on here. daily.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1170967 Jul 22, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
I JUST LOVE THIS PLACE... IMAGINATION IS JUST SO MUCH FUN... I WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME BEFORE...
Told you WHAT before? That you HAD NO imagination ...

Well "I'M" tellin' you NOW!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170968 Jul 22, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron leftists like Lily don't understand how everyone in the Middle East have wanted Israel wiped off the map since Day One.
OBTW -- CT child poverty up 50% since 1990.
Way to go, blue, bluer, bluest CT!
I can't wait to leave CT and move to a red state. This state is infested with moron Democrats.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1170969 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama would likely not have been admitted to Harvard law School had he been white....
harder-working, more intelligent black men could have been admitted without affirmative action...
Half, or more, of the blacks that ostensibly graduate high school or college can barely speak English. Obama speaks passable English, when he wants to, he just uses it dishonestly and manipulatively.
WAKE UP DEM VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1170970 Jul 22, 2014
Tellmeitaintso 4 minutes ago

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day. His meals are provided at no cost to him. He gets regular doctor visits. For this he pays nothing , and nothing is required of him. His housing is also provided to him at no charge. If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. All of his costs are picked up by me who has to go out and earn a living every day. OMG, It just hit me, my dog is A DEMOCRAT.
Harveyfranf

Pittsburgh, PA

#1170971 Jul 22, 2014

Amazing hes a turd,,watch obama in action
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1170972 Jul 22, 2014
Well, you've inspired me, flack... here's one of my favorites and I've never told ANYone!

Boiled Jew..

First, parboil 2 jews.... I usually buy them at the Farmers Market but you can get perfectly serviceable jews at any establishment that handles large sums of cash... or, at ANY insurance company or bank...

While they're boiling, prepare a huge bowl of potato latkes and add to that a large handful of unleavened flour for flavor... pepper is expensive so skip that, and we ALL know what happens to jews if you add salt!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170973 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>I judge others by their actions, I detest most Jews and most all baggers. Hell just read the un American bitches on here. daily.
un American bitches would be you far left commies, son!
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1170974 Jul 22, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to leave CT and move to a red state. This state is infested with moron Democrats.
Who will eventually kill you and eat you, you know?
WAKE UP DEM VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1170975 Jul 22, 2014
Your personal freedom and your rights

The right to be free is endowed by our Creator and is the premise of our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the American way of life. The Constitution is a timeless document that guarantees our basic freedoms. We support personal freedom so all Americans can live life the way they want as long as it does not harm others, or infringe on another’s rights.

We are most free when the Constitution is followed and each branch of government serves as a check and balance to the others. We are a nation of written laws. One law for all and equal application of the law is a founding principle that distinguishes America from the lands immigrants fled to escape oppression. No American President, Republican or Democrat, should ever go around the Constitution, no matter how important the issue. No government entity is above the law, and no public official may act outside or above the law. Yet, we have seen that Washington has a reckless disregard for the rule of law and balance of powers.

When our leaders pick and choose which elements of the laws they choose to enact or grant waivers and exemptions to groups of their choice, they undercut the Constitution and demonstrate to us their belief that laws do not apply to them, and that they think they are different from the citizens who elect them. When government leaders lose the public’s trust, we will exercise our right to be outspoken, and to vote, and to say “No More.”

The government has become too big and too powerful and many of those in Washington have grown out of touch with the citizens they represent. We recognize the government is slowly taking away basic freedoms we each deserve. For instance, every American deserves the freedom to make a phone call and send an email without the government monitoring what we say and write. Every American should have the right to choose our own doctor and which insurance plan we want to purchase without the government penalizing us for not purchasing something we do not want or need. Washington continues to pass laws taking even more freedoms away. Americans sense a freedom gap, between how we value freedom and how free we actually feel today, with an elevated sense that the American Dream is becoming harder to reach.

We support policies that protect and defend personal freedom and individual rights, and the ability to pursue the American Dream without government intrusion. We also support policies that will reclaim those freedoms and rights that have been eroded through intrusive policies of unaccountable politicians and Washington bureaucrats, many of whom answer to special interests and lobbyists rather than their electorate.

We believe that our freedom is America’s greatest strength, and that any policy or action that restricts or erodes that strength is detrimental to the potential and growth of our country.
JOIN THE TEA PARTY
WAKE UP DEM VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1170977 Jul 22, 2014
The right to be free is endowed by our Creator and is the premise of our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the American way of life. The Constitution is a timeless document that guarantees our basic freedoms. We support personal freedom so all Americans can live life the way they want as long as it does not harm others, or infringe on another’s rights.

We are most free when the Constitution is followed and each branch of government serves as a check and balance to the others. We are a nation of written laws. One law for all and equal application of the law is a founding principle that distinguishes America from the lands immigrants fled to escape oppression. No American President, Republican or Democrat, should ever go around the Constitution, no matter how important the issue. No government entity is above the law, and no public official may act outside or above the law. Yet, we have seen that Washington has a reckless disregard for the rule of law and balance of powers.

When our leaders pick and choose which elements of the laws they choose to enact or grant waivers and exemptions to groups of their choice, they undercut the Constitution and demonstrate to us their belief that laws do not apply to them, and that they think they are different from the citizens who elect them. When government leaders lose the public’s trust, we will exercise our right to be outspoken, and to vote, and to say “No More.”

The government has become too big and too powerful and many of those in Washington have grown out of touch with the citizens they represent. We recognize the government is slowly taking away basic freedoms we each deserve. For instance, every American deserves the freedom to make a phone call and send an email without the government monitoring what we say and write. Every American should have the right to choose our own doctor and which insurance plan we want to purchase without the government penalizing us for not purchasing something we do not want or need. Washington continues to pass laws taking even more freedoms away. Americans sense a freedom gap, between how we value freedom and how free we actually feel today, with an elevated sense that the American Dream is becoming harder to reach.

We support policies that protect and defend personal freedom and individual rights, and the ability to pursue the American Dream without government intrusion. We also support policies that will reclaim those freedoms and rights that have been eroded through intrusive policies of unaccountable politicians and Washington bureaucrats, many of whom answer to special interests and lobbyists rather than their electorate.

We believe that our freedom is America’s greatest strength, and that any policy or action that restricts or erodes that strength is detrimental to the potential and growth of our country.
WAKE UP DEM VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1170978 Jul 22, 2014
We stand for economic freedom which means a growing economy with reduced tax rates and reduced government spending so we all have a chance to earn more money and businesses can hire more people. We support policies that allow you to keep more of your own money to do with as you see fit and policies that will provide for and enable opportunities to find good jobs or create and grow businesses. Likewise, we support policies that will present the best chances for the United States to grow and maintain its position as the world leader for economic opportunity.

Washington has made it very difficult [1] for the average person to get ahead and it has been very poor stewards of our tax dollars.[2] Many of its policies, no matter what the initial intent might have been, often end up restricting economic opportunities and job growth, the encumbrance of additional taxes and regulations [3] are sure means to failure.

With lower taxes, individuals and families will have greater resources and opportunity. It is in keeping with the principles of the American Dream: Working hard and being rewarded; keeping more of what you earn, and using it as you believe is in your best interest without harming others. The surest road to this economic growth and the freedom from our looming debt is through a tax policy that is fair, flat, and fixed. If it were, individual Americans would best determine the use of their money, and businesses would be afforded the predictability of tax rates, allowing them to grow and hire more employees.

While America’s founding principles began as a beacon to anyone running from tyranny, today’s permanent political class has become a significant roadblock to pursuing and achieving the American Dream. This has resulted in a lower standard of living for too many,[4] and the general feeling of financial uncertainty and despair among those who used to believe in hope, sensing that their American Dream is far out of reach. Tea Party Patriots support greater competition among producers and providers, which will compel competitive pricing for goods and services. We support policies that empower individual citizens, not Washington’s insiders, thus reducing what Washington spends so more can remain in your hands; empowering you to decide the best use of your money.
IT IS TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK !!!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170979 Jul 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a typo. They were so convinced that Obamacare would so widely embraced they failed to consider the possibility that there would be states who wouldn't have them.
There is a simple solution to this and it isn't Obama's pen. The Congress needs to re-write the law.
more than that, the bill was intentionally written in this manner to force states to set up their own exchanges....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min June VanDerMark 322,327
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Anthony Ramon 35,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web