Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403949 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1169433 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you're so confused. The propagandists must not have shown you that press briefing. Maybe you should be asking why they didn't. They were right there.
Or do you not even watch the news? Maybe they did. But probably not.
that didn 't even come close to answering the question...
N Otwaxman

United States

#1169434 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Am very anxious for someone on the left to comment on the global tranquility.
And explain why any president would think this - much less send his mouthpiece out to tell the press he thinks this.
So far, no one has offered an explanation. But maybe I just haven't gotten to it yet.
Well...check this out.

Obama's AG, Eric Holder, said last Sunday that the threat of undetectable explosives from Syria is "more frightening than anything" he has experienced in office. And the Wall Street Journal ran a front-page article Monday reporting that "the breadth of global instability now unfolding hasn’t been seen since the late 1970s" and that "U.S. global power seems increasingly tenuous."

Also last Monday, WH Press Sec. Josh Earnest, mentioning the disposal of Syria’s chemical weapons, Secretary of State John Kerry’s mediation of Afghanistan’s electoral dispute and progress in recent negotiations with China, argued that "there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has ... substantially improved the — you know, the tranquility of the — of the global community."

You with me so far?

St. Croix valley

#1169435 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how those Russian scientists at the scene of this mysterious crater and who are studying it on site said they've never seen another crater like this one before.
They should've called you first.
they should have called anyone that had taken a few geology courses at university...

didn't the pictures i gave you look just like it? i remember pictures just like it from class.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169436 Jul 19, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssince forever"
May be you should enroll in some night school classes. The US did ratify the UN charter but that does not mean that all UN actions are automatically approved by the US. I believe that UN offerings must be approved by our senate before they mean anything or apply to the US. You wish the UN made the rules and that the US obeyed them.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Yes, they must be ratified

St. Croix valley

#1169437 Jul 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
when a massive iceberg melts, does it change the sea level elevation???....
no. when ice in your drink melts does your cup overflow?

St. Croix valley

#1169438 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Am very anxious for someone on the left to comment on the global tranquility.
And explain why any president would think this - much less send his mouthpiece out to tell the press he thinks this.
So far, no one has offered an explanation. But maybe I just haven't gotten to it yet.
the problem you didn't understand what the pres secretary said. he didn't say the world was tranquil, he didn't say anything close to that.
N Otwaxman

United States

#1169439 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the problem you didn't understand what the pres secretary said. he didn't say the world was tranquil, he didn't say anything close to that.
Obama's PS said, and I quote "there have been a number of situations in which you've seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has ... substantially improved the — you know, the tranquility of the — of the global community."

Complete bullshit.
N Otwaxman

United States

#1169440 Jul 19, 2014
Tranquility? Where, in Iceland?

"Did you really believe that this president’s foreign policy has contributed to what you called the ‘tranquility of the global community’?" ABC News’ Jonathan Karl asked.

Earnest backtracked, declining to repeat his tranquility claim.

Gee...wonder why?

St. Croix valley

#1169441 Jul 19, 2014
N Otwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's PS said, and I quote "there have been a number of situations in which you've seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has ... substantially improved the — you know, the tranquility of the — of the global community."
Complete bullshit.
so he never even came close to saying the world was tranquil thanks...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1169443 Jul 19, 2014
N Otwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...check this out.
Obama's AG, Eric Holder, said last Sunday that the threat of undetectable explosives from Syria is "more frightening than anything" he has experienced in office. And the Wall Street Journal ran a front-page article Monday reporting that "the breadth of global instability now unfolding hasn’t been seen since the late 1970s" and that "U.S. global power seems increasingly tenuous."
Also last Monday, WH Press Sec. Josh Earnest, mentioning the disposal of Syria’s chemical weapons, Secretary of State John Kerry’s mediation of Afghanistan’s electoral dispute and progress in recent negotiations with China, argued that "there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has ... substantially improved the — you know, the tranquility of the — of the global community."
You with me so far?
Right beside ya. Posted the first part of your post just a few days ago. Sure hope woodtick reads the second part. He doesn't know Obama's mouthpiece told the press, us and the rest of the world his boss's interventions have made the global community more tranquil.

Which interventions? He willingly let the UN give the job of being Assad's WMD watchdog to Putin when Putin and Assad are buds. That's not intervention. That's thinking three's a crowd.

The question that was asked by Fox News, Ed Henry, was: "How does the White House react to the notion that the president is a bystander to all these crises?" He then cited the widening gaps between the sides in the Iranian nuclear talks, the conflict in and around Gaza, and the Syrian civil war.

Earnest's response was:“I think that there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way, that has substantially furthered American interests and substantially improved the, uh, you know, the – the tranquility of the global community.”

"...substantially improved the, uh, you know..."

"...the - the tranquility of the global community."

Good thing Earnest didn't add, "...yeah, that' the ticket...the - the tranquility of the global community."

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1169444 Jul 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Glenn Beck.
Don't worry about it... Dave. Like I said before, I'm not talking to you.

Orlando, FL

#1169445 Jul 19, 2014
English lesson for woodtick:

A 'tranquil' pond gives you a feeling of 'tranquility'.

A 'tranquil' global community gives the world a feeling of 'tranquility".

A sense of 'tranquility' comes from anything that is 'tranquil".

Both words have the same meaning.

Tranquil: free from commotion or tumult; peaceful; quiet; calm.

Tranquility: state of being tranquil; calmness; peacefulness; quiet; serenity.

(It's a slow night...)
N Otwaxman

United States

#1169446 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so he never even came close to saying the world was tranquil thanks...
Correct.

The [bullshit] claim was that the Obama administration had ¨substantially improved the tranquility of the global community."

You're welcome.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1169447 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I wasn't discussing immigration. I was discussing foreign policy. The United States needs to stop interfering in affairs overseas. We have enough to keep us busy right here on our own continent. Period.
* So if Cuba has Nukes 90 miles off of our coast pointed at Washington, it is none of our concern?

* If China decides to claim a 1,000 mile Territorial waters limit, it is none of our business?

* If Iran wants to sell Nuclear arms to the Taliban, it's none of our business?

Lady, you've got your head so far up you isolationist welfare butt that you will never see daylight in your lifetime.

Lapeer, MI

#1169448 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You NUT CASE
The plane crushed at 10:00 a.m. You lamely want to pretend that Reuters and AP made no comments until between 5:50 and 7:00 pm . I already linked to articles noting the earlier press releases of AP and Reuters and I can search out and post their tweets.
http://nypost.com/2014/07/17/malaysian-passen...
http://www.ibtimes.com/mh17-crash-23-american...
ukrainian-official-says-23-ame ricans-were-aboard-malaysia-fl ight-mh17-obama-still-checking -as-bodies-lay-scattered-on-sc ene-123492
I have a news feed and all you have is MMfA or some other far Left site--talk about needing to check out sources.
You guys need to realize that they played you for idiots and MOVE ON
Any other childish thing that you are wishing to have hysteria about or do have more Progressive website BS to post?
I'm drawing a conclusion here that we're dealing with a cocaine freak suffering from The Urban Reservation Education Blues.

Lapeer, MI

#1169449 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the woman who keeps ranting about Israel
I'm tellin' ya, that woman is riding on cocaine tonight.
N Otwaxman

United States

#1169450 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Right beside ya. Posted the first part of your post just a few days ago. Sure hope woodtick reads the second part. He doesn't know Obama's mouthpiece told the press, us and the rest of the world his boss's interventions have made the global community more tranquil.
And, as expected, Woodtick has twisted the subject into ¨he didn't say the world was tranquil.¨

I have to agree, but neither did we.

Orlando, FL

#1169451 Jul 19, 2014
Because experts are still unsure what caused this giant hole in Siberia and without any other explanation other than a "very extreme version of a pingo", they are now allaying fears of something supernatural.

Guess it COULD be a "very extreme version" of a pingo....

Wonder why it's so extreme.

Orlando, FL

#1169452 Jul 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
* So if Cuba has Nukes 90 miles off of our coast pointed at Washington, it is none of our concern?
* If China decides to claim a 1,000 mile Territorial waters limit, it is none of our business?
* If Iran wants to sell Nuclear arms to the Taliban, it's none of our business?
Lady, you've got your head so far up you isolationist welfare butt that you will never see daylight in your lifetime.
Isolationists make the mistake of believing we're immune from the rest of the world imploding all around us - with a lot of bad guys who want nothing more than to destroy us.

Night shinning.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169453 Jul 19, 2014
Hey Shinning, I spent part of my day watching Netroot--Progressive Bloggers-- meetings on the internet. It was sad but amusing especially the one on comedic social justice.

The Left couldn't figure out why they aren't funny and the advise they got was to hire a professional to tell you if it is funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick 255,964
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min Brian_G 311,489
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr litesong 9,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web