Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396282 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1169361 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not refuting what I stated but whining I see.
You can get all stompy foot you want--but the article claims it was all about EOs --that is a false claim.
Move on.
Where's you evidence supporting your personal opinion? Tick Tock
Nostrilis

Anonymous Proxy

#1169362 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull, we know where you get your news and it isnt Reuters.
REUTERS, July 17, 2014, 7:48 p.m. EST:
"U.S. President Barack Obama said it was unclear whether Americans were aboard. A Ukrainian official said there were 23."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/us-...
FOX NEWS, July 17, 2014, 10:07 a.m.
"Video shows Malaysia Airlines plane shot down; 23 Americans believed on board."
"Interfax reported Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashenko said 23 OF THOSE ARE AMERICANS."
"However, President Barack Obama said officials are still working to confirm how many U.S. citizens were on board."
http://fox13now.com/2014/07/17/cnn-malaysia-a...
Now, notice, no mention of 23 Americans:
CNBC, July 17, 2014, 6:09 p.m. ET
"Earlier, Obama said the U.S. is trying to determine if U.S. citizens were on board the crashed plane following reports that U.S. citizens were on board the plane.
Malaysia Airlines senior vice president Huib Gorter said there were at least 154 Dutch, 27 Australians, 23 Malaysians, 11 Indonesians, six Britons, four Germans, four Belgians, three Phillippinos and one Canadian aboard the Boeing 777 jet.
There were a further 47 passengers whose nationality was not yet known. All the 15 flight crew were Malaysian."
ABCNews, July 17, 2014, 5:53 pm ET
"President Obama, at an event in Delaware this afternoon, said, "Obviously, the world is watching reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border. And it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy. Right now, we're working to determine whether there were American citizens on board. That is our first priority, and I've directed my national security team to stay in close contact with the Ukrainian government."
As research has shown, Fox viewers are the most misinformed people on earth.
And we like it that way. Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169363 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing running away is your imagination
Then, stop running away. List the 13 SCOTUS decision against Obama. Or, just admit you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169364 Jul 19, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is less than a week from reclaiming the Gaza and they will NEVER give it back, partly because they know it was a mistake the first time and mostly to rub Odonothings nose in it. I wouldn't expect many sub-human trash left alive in the Gaza either.
Really? Israel invaded Gaza in 2006. Israel invaded Gaza in 2009. What's so different this time around?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169365 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ducking and dodging is all yours--still waiting for you to respond to the criticism of author's failed logic.
I'm waiting for you to provide proof that the author was not right. Come now. Where's your list of the 13 SCOTUS decisions against Obama? TICK TOCK . Stop stalling.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169366 Jul 19, 2014
Nostrilis wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does that make lowlife?
The real issue is O-retard has been btch slapped by Putin and the Teleprompter Stooge is irrelevant on the world stage you idiot.
LOL. Rethugs always changing the subject and running away when caught with egg on their face.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169367 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, senseless is demanding I fact check AP, Reuters, and all major news sources.
You are on crack!
You didn't "fact check" anything. You just parroted Fox News as you always do.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169368 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gasp, the press got something wrong! LOL
Very good, I posted this Progressive rule earlier
*Always* call the other person "rethug" or "tea-tards" it opens dialogue and makes you sound very intellectual.
If the shoe fits....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169369 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to sleep. We will wake you up when discussing stretch pants. It appears that is the only convo you can follow
There you go...duck and dodge. We have come to expect nothing else when you are proven wrong.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169370 Jul 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And you just showed yours--
Because OBVIOUSLY, you od NOT even comprehend the BIG (yet very SIMPLE) difference between-
Legal and ILLEGAL.
When Congress passed the INA, it defined an "alien" as any person lacking citizenship or status as a national of the United States. Different categories of aliens include resident and nonresident, immigrant and nonimmigrant, and documented and undocumented ("illegal"). The terms "documented" and "undocumented" refer to whether an arriving alien has the proper records and identification for admission into the U.S. Having the proper records and identification typically requires the alien to possess a valid, unexpired passport and either a visa, border crossing identification card, permanent resident card, or a reentry permit.
****The INA expressly refuses stowaway aliens entry into the U.S.*****
(There's YOUR clue-lemming jackboot licking ozombieTic type IDIOT.)
We were discussing "refugees" not illegals. Try to stay focused.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169371 Jul 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to stay focused.
You keep wandering away from the point of contention here.
You say we should be only concerned with immigration on our continent.
Why only this continent?
Try better drugs.
Well, I wasn't discussing immigration. I was discussing foreign policy. The United States needs to stop interfering in affairs overseas. We have enough to keep us busy right here on our own continent. Period.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169372 Jul 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Under international law, the Geneva Convention, or the laws of the United States, foreign citizens who have become disillusioned with their homeland CANNOT take temporary refuge within the United States.
( Refugee Act of 1980)
And gee boyz--doesn't THAT just paint the REAL whole big picture!!
Do you know the difference between asylum-seekers and refugees?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169373 Jul 19, 2014
LOL. Crickets as Roxlo and her fellow rethugs run away from the truth to bury their heads in the sand.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169374 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull, we know where you get your news and it isnt Reuters.
REUTERS, July 17, 2014, 7:48 p.m. EST:
"U.S. President Barack Obama said it was unclear whether Americans were aboard. A Ukrainian official said there were 23."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/us-...
FOX NEWS, July 17, 2014, 10:07 a.m.
"Video shows Malaysia Airlines plane shot down; 23 Americans believed on board."
"Interfax reported Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashenko said 23 OF THOSE ARE AMERICANS."
"However, President Barack Obama said officials are still working to confirm how many U.S. citizens were on board."
http://fox13now.com/2014/07/17/cnn-malaysia-a...
Now, notice, no mention of 23 Americans:
CNBC, July 17, 2014, 6:09 p.m. ET
"Earlier, Obama said the U.S. is trying to determine if U.S. citizens were on board the crashed plane following reports that U.S. citizens were on board the plane.
Malaysia Airlines senior vice president Huib Gorter said there were at least 154 Dutch, 27 Australians, 23 Malaysians, 11 Indonesians, six Britons, four Germans, four Belgians, three Phillippinos and one Canadian aboard the Boeing 777 jet.
There were a further 47 passengers whose nationality was not yet known. All the 15 flight crew were Malaysian."
ABCNews, July 17, 2014, 5:53 pm ET
"President Obama, at an event in Delaware this afternoon, said, "Obviously, the world is watching reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border. And it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy. Right now, we're working to determine whether there were American citizens on board. That is our first priority, and I've directed my national security team to stay in close contact with the Ukrainian government."
As research has shown, Fox viewers are the most misinformed people on earth.
You NUT CASE

The plane crushed at 10:00 a.m. You lamely want to pretend that Reuters and AP made no comments until between 5:50 and 7:00 pm . I already linked to articles noting the earlier press releases of AP and Reuters and I can search out and post their tweets.
http://nypost.com/2014/07/17/malaysian-passen...
http://www.ibtimes.com/mh17-crash-23-american...
ukrainian-official-says-23-ame ricans-were-aboard-malaysia-fl ight-mh17-obama-still-checking -as-bodies-lay-scattered-on-sc ene-123492

I have a news feed and all you have is MMfA or some other far Left site--talk about needing to check out sources.

You guys need to realize that they played you for idiots and MOVE ON

Any other childish thing that you are wishing to have hysteria about or do have more Progressive website BS to post?

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169375 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you've got nothing to back up your assertion except your personal opinion...which counts for absolutely nothing. Where is your llist of the 13 SCOTUS decision against Obama? If you can't provide them then we must all assume you are a liar.
It was author's personal opinion-moron-and his logic was deeply flawed!

I listed why it was.

You have repeatedly failed to refute what I have stated.

The poster stated -13 court cases against the Obama admin

See, you did it yourself--try to narrow what is being referred to. That is called being dishonest just like the author was being when he tried to narrow it to EO

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169376 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
LOL. Crickets as Roxlo and her fellow rethugs run away from the truth to bury their heads in the sand.
Why do you Progressive folks always try to make yourselves like naval gazing fools?

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169379 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never made the claim that these people are "refugees". If that were the case, we wouldn't have sent any of them packing. However, fact is, some of them have requested asylum and that is what we are discussing. Try and stay focused.
Oh, really?

I have posted from a law source above describing the only difference between the two is if the person is on US soil or not. The law is very clear WHO can qualify and is the same for both.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169380 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We do not turn people away at the border if they are seeking asylum. Where did you get that silly idea?
You do realize 35% of those requesting asylum were denied?
Obama The Worst

Matawan, NJ

#1169381 Jul 19, 2014
Liberal Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that he added ¨worthy¨ news sources. That translates to sources that mollycoddle and protect El Presidente Obama.
Since a majority of the media are leftists they support
Obama's one agenda, and it does not include a strategic view of the rest of the world.

His agenda is to solidify power in the executive branch bureaucracy to the point that Congress, the Supreme Court, and States are essentially irrelevant to most domestic issues.

The Progressive/Liberal ideology abhors the separation of powers in the Constitution and believes in the absolute validity in centralized control by bureaucrats (supposed experts). Of course, the political, social, and financial elites are exempted, but for the masses, we are stuck with the bureaucratic nonsense.

That is his agenda, he has zero interest in foreign policy, even if the rest of the world blows itself up and us with it. Obama has a very narrow vision, as with all liberals.

The only thing Obama's administration has an interest in is shooting hoops; brackets for the basketball playoffs; the next tee time; and wasting tens of millions on each of his frequent vacations when shooting hoops becomes too tedious.

But he won in 2008 on lies and deceit and repeated it in 2012. He is a radical lawless mule for self-described intellectual cartels of mushbrained, "sensitive" people who do not have a clue about how the world works. And that goes for their ideas in equality, which are completely off the charts (they decide who is equal, ask Lois Lerner).

And saddest of all: while Obama and his Administration has done more damage to this Nation than anyone ever thought possible, most People still do not see this.

Our Nation can only stand with informed citizens. When citizens don't pay attention or care any more, or wants free things instead of taking responsibility for the Nation, we will fail. And we will fail due to our own carelessness. We stand or fail due to the People.

Example, average citizens weren't paying attention to Benghazi--or they would have been bothered that Obama was absent and then jetted off to Las Vegas to campaign the next day. And now they are not really paying attention to the invasion on our southern borders. They won't wake up until someone they know is assaulted at the local mall by a new "child" MS-13 Illegal, or their local school taxes skyrocket when a bunch of illegals end up bussed and housed in their community.

Obama is pathetic, but so is the apathy of the American people.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1169382 Jul 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When jackasses like you want to let them at the border, how would they get food?
Christians would want to help these kids.
Fake Christians & selfish people would let therm pile up at the border.
Jesus said to help people that needed help.
He didn't say to judge them first.
How they got to the border is not relevant.
let the Mexicans feed them....they already admitted them to their country.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min ChristineM 255,535
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 9,882
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 311,360
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web