Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1779924 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1169860 Jul 20, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear that on FOX, imbecile? It didn't violate anything. That's why even the French sent some people, medics I think. All in all over 50 countries participated and they all were NATO countries. You're not only stupid, you're a FKing liar.
Not only did Bush violate the U.N. Charter, he violated the Geneva and Hague Conventions.

“It is a war crime to launch “an indiscriminate attack affecting the civilian population in the knowledge that such an attack will cause an excessive loss of life or injury to civilians.” Geneva Conventions, Article 85

“It is especially forbidden to kill treacherously individuals belonging to the hostile nation or army.” Hague Conventions, Article 23

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

"Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

Text of a letter published in The Wall Street Journal, the Times of London and other newspapers on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2003, against Bush, by the prime ministers of Spain, Portugal, Italy and Britain, the president of the Czech Republic and the prime ministers of Hungary, Poland and Denmark:

"The U.N. Charter charges the Security Council with the task of preserving international peace and security. To do so, the Security Council must maintain its credibility by ensuring full compliance with its resolutions. We cannot allow a dictator to systematically violate those resolutions. If they are not complied with, the Security Council will lose its credibility and world peace will suffer as a result. We are confident that the Security Council will face up to its responsibilities.”

The UN chief had warned the US and its allies a week before the invasion in March 2003 that military action would violate the UN charter.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/16/...

“Support Safe School Bill”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169861 Jul 20, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
And so, what happened?
I think we should be kicked out of the UN and the UN move elsewhere.
LOL, good point

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169862 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am stating that the author of your article is making too many excuses. I am waiting for a refutation that apparently senseless refuses to supply.
This convo has head a brick wall and I this point I really don't care.
Sorry clueless. I already provided proof that the list provided by Republicans was a lie. Now, you are the one who continues to pepetrate the lie. Put up or shut up.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169863 Jul 20, 2014
IT IS ISRAELS LAND wrote:
IS THE LORD UNFAIR??????
DO THE JEWISH PEOPLE RULE AN UNFAIR AMOUNT OF LAND?
HOW MUCH LAND IS RULED BY JEWISH PEOPLE COMPARED WITH
ARABIC-RULED LANDS?LOOK AT ALL THE ARBIC STATES LAND JORDEN,KUWAIT,LEBANON,U.A.E.,O MAN,YEMEN,TUNISIA,EGYPT,SYRIA,
MOROCCO,IRAQ,LYBIA,SAUDI ARABIA,ALGERIA AND SUDAN.THE PALESTINIANS COULD SET UP THEIR STATE IN THESE ARABIC STATES
NOT ONLY THAT AN ARAB PALESTINIAN STATE EXISTS 77% OF PALESTINE IS RULED BY ARABIC PEOPLE,THE LAND IS CALLED JORDEN.ONLY 23% OF
PALESTINE IS RULED BY ISRAEL .THE PALESTININIAN PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE ISRAEL OR STAY AND BE RULED 100% UNDER ISRAEL RULES.YET WITH 17 NATIONS AND 500 TIMES MORE LAND THAN ISRAEL WITH FABULOUS WEALTH FROM OIL,ARAB MOSLEMS DID NOT SETTLE THEIR BROTHERS.THIS IS THE CAUSE OF THE PALESTINIAN PROBLEM!!!! The Promised Land was again promised to the descendants of Isaac (Israelis), not to the descendants of Ishmael (Palestinians). Even though Abraham suggested that Ishmael might be the recipient of God’s covenant blessings and even though God promised to bless Ishmael and his progeny, God made it crystal clear to Abraham that His covenant to Abraham and his descendants would only be accomplished through his son Isaac.
And Abraham said to God, "Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!" Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year." (Genesis 17:18-21)
But God said to Abraham, "Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed [descendants] shall be called.(Genesis 21:12
Just go away dingbat.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1169864 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Do you bother to look up "Israeli rocket attacks on Palestine"? Of course not.
Fact is, you and yours judge israel and Hamas by different standards.
"Superficial observations in the Western news media that blame Hamas for the latest wave of violence ignore two important factors:
First, Israeli strangulation of Gaza through an air and land blockade in cooperation with Egypt have brought Palestinian frustrations to a boiling point.
The rocket attacks are a manifestation that Hamas feels cornered with its back to the wall. In fact, the attacks are probably the opening shots of a third Palestinian intifada.
Second, it is a fallacy to believe that the West Bank and Gaza are two separate entities. The bonds of Palestinian nationalism inextricably bind the two together, emotionally and politically.
Israeli excesses in the West Bank after the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens, especially the targeting and arrest of Hamas former prisoners in the West Bank, were bound to produce a reaction from Gaza.
Beyond the blame game, it is crucial to judge Israel and Hamas by the same standards and focus on how we can bring this tragic conflict to an end. Although it is true that Hamas doesn't recognize Israel's right to exist, no Israeli government has ever recognized the existence of a Palestinian state within its internationally recognized 1967 borders.
This needs to change, and both sides should recognize the political aspirations of each other. On this score, the Palestinian side has been more forthcoming than Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin NutandYahoo, if such recognition is tied to a final peace settlement.
Similarly, both camps, not just Hamas, should be forced to renounce violence and accept a cease-fire. This round of hostilities is a mirror image of similar operations in 2008 and 2012. It is happening precisely because of the absence of serious peace talks, and it's not a coincidence that violence immediately followed the breakdown of the Obama administration's diplomatic initiative.
The longer this conflict persists, the more it will fuel Islamist radicalism and destabilize the Middle East. Far from bringing Israel peace, the weakening of Hamas would likely sow the seeds of a new Islamic state that arcs through Iraq, Syria and the Palestinian territories."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/07...
What preempted the Gaza blockade?

How did the West Bank become occupied?

The 1967 borders wouldn't have changed if it weren't for muzzie intolerance.

Location hidden

#1169865 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry clueless. I already provided proof that the list provided by Republicans was a lie. Now, you are the one who continues to pepetrate the lie. Put up or shut up.
You nut case. You didn't provide proof--you provided an opinion piece.

You are acting like a cray-cray with all your threats.

People will post whatever they want and you have no power to change that!

Location hidden

#1169866 Jul 20, 2014
IT IS ISRAELS LAND wrote:
IS THE LORD UNFAIR??????
DO THE JEWISH PEOPLE RULE AN UNFAIR AMOUNT OF LAND?
HOW MUCH LAND IS RULED BY JEWISH PEOPLE COMPARED WITH
ARABIC-RULED LANDS?LOOK AT ALL THE ARBIC STATES LAND JORDEN,KUWAIT,LEBANON,U.A.E.,O MAN,YEMEN,TUNISIA,EGYPT,SYRIA,
MOROCCO,IRAQ,LYBIA,SAUDI ARABIA,ALGERIA AND SUDAN.THE PALESTINIANS COULD SET UP THEIR STATE IN THESE ARABIC STATES
NOT ONLY THAT AN ARAB PALESTINIAN STATE EXISTS 77% OF PALESTINE IS RULED BY ARABIC PEOPLE,THE LAND IS CALLED JORDEN.ONLY 23% OF
PALESTINE IS RULED BY ISRAEL .THE PALESTININIAN PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE ISRAEL OR STAY AND BE RULED 100% UNDER ISRAEL RULES.YET WITH 17 NATIONS AND 500 TIMES MORE LAND THAN ISRAEL WITH FABULOUS WEALTH FROM OIL,ARAB MOSLEMS DID NOT SETTLE THEIR BROTHERS.THIS IS THE CAUSE OF THE PALESTINIAN PROBLEM!!!! The Promised Land was again promised to the descendants of Isaac (Israelis), not to the descendants of Ishmael (Palestinians). Even though Abraham suggested that Ishmael might be the recipient of God’s covenant blessings and even though God promised to bless Ishmael and his progeny, God made it crystal clear to Abraham that His covenant to Abraham and his descendants would only be accomplished through his son Isaac.
And Abraham said to God, "Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!" Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year." (Genesis 17:18-21)
But God said to Abraham, "Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed [descendants] shall be called.(Genesis 21:12
You probably have noticed that senseless isn't open minded and makes threats and demands that people bend to her world view.

Pay her no mind.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1169867 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Our allies--nope?
in fact, Bush pursuing his personal war against Iraq, which had nothing to do with the war against terrorism, was the death knell of the world-wide coalition against global terrorism.

Bush pissed away our planet's only world wide consensus on this effort for his personal wants...

seems our allies did, in fact, care...

once again your view of history is absolutely wrong.

Location hidden

#1169868 Jul 20, 2014
As senseless seems to want to act like the message board bully. Why not stir the pot? Right folks?

Obama failures--
Obama gift to Queen Elizabeth? iPod featuring his own speeches

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1169869 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
Israel arrested hundreds of Palestinians, killed at least 10 and raided more than a thousand thousand private homes after the murder of the three israeli students while hitchhiking. I might add, there has been no evidence tying the murders to Hamas. So, why isn't Hamas permitted to retaliate against israel for the murder of a Palestinian teenager who was kidnapped and burned to death?
I don't understand why you people are so forgiving of the atrocities perpitrated by israel against the Palestinians.
Hamas needs to agree to a cease fire and stop sending rockets.
Very simple

You're tying to complicate this to your advantage but it's not working.

Hamas needs to agree to a cease fire and stop sending rockets.
Very simple

I know. You are Liberal. Simple doesn't work for Liberals because the truth is simple 99 times out of a hundred. That leaves you guys out.

Location hidden

#1169872 Jul 20, 2014
Obama failures--

Lawsuit threat against CIA officials who interrogated captured terrorists.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1169873 Jul 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the answer to the question babe__who wrote the book of Revelation and when?
Should be a real easy deal for an "Evangelical Christian' such as yourself. eh?
Maybe your East Hartford azzkisser can give you a clue.
You obviously have a computer. Look it up. I know already.

Location hidden

#1169874 Jul 20, 2014
Obama failures--

Ignoring generals' advice and giving up blood bought gains in Iraq to ISIS

Actually there is a very long lists of these and I try to do other things between posting here so I will be back--
In The Right

United States

#1169875 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
As senseless seems to want to act like the message board bully. Why not stir the pot? Right folks?
Obama failures--
Obama gift to Queen Elizabeth? iPod featuring his own speeches
USA is an enigma. When this topic started she was a conservative.

Now it's selective outrage, straw man, the ¨we care, we're compassionate¨ BS, hating anyone that criticizes Barry, calling people racists when she used to question Obama's citizenship...

Let me put it this way -- if you knew her back in '07 you wouldn't take her seriously today. Has to have something to do with receiving taxpayer money that she might lose when the GOP regains power.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1169876 Jul 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Earn extra money sharing videos?
FK you loser!
Not sure what happened to you in Vietnam or what you witnessed, but your military service and dedication to disabled vets is what I liked about you at the beginning.

Seems you also had a real beef about McCain winning the ticket in 2008 instead of Romney who was also a Vietnam War vet and, in the eyes of many, a hero.

Is there something that causes you to get so upset about patriotic videos and why you were so upset when McCain, a former Vietnam vet, won the Republican ticket in 2008?

Just wish I knew where all your anger stems.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#1169877 Jul 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Sarah Palin Claims That God Wants President Obama To Be Impeached
That is some serious crazy that was unleashed by Palin. Now, Barack Obama is trying to play God by carrying out his constitutional duties as president, and since a Democrat in the White House who is trying to do his job is the same thing as playing God, President Obama must be impeached.
See, it makes perfect sense. Only it doesn’t make any sense at all. It seems that God is always telling Republicans to do stupid things. God told Michele Bachmann to run for president. God told Republicans that invading Iraq was a great idea, and now God is telling Sarah Palin that Obama must be impeached. When public opinion is against them, Republicans always have God to fall back on. At least, their highly partisan version of God.
The God that Sarah Palin is talking about isn’t the God of any true person of faith. I think Sarah Palin has confused the Bill of Rights with the Ten Commandments. Contrary to what Republicans like to believe, our political rights came from the writings of Enlightenment thinkers like John Locke.
The argument that God wants Obama impeached is a serious dose of crazy that should be offensive to the millions of people of faith who support this president. Sarah Palin has gone completely off the rails. Her Obama hate is so strong that thinks God hates the president too.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/20/sarah-...
Well haven't you heard? God is a Republican. Of course he want's Obama impeached LOL!
IT IS ISRAELS LAND

Lillington, NC

#1169878 Jul 20, 2014
From the Horse’s Mouth
“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”— Barack Obama
“The private sector is doing fine.”— Barack Obama
“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”— Barack Obama
“I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”— Barack Obama
“I mean, if you think about — if you think about it, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? No, they are. It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.”— Barack Obama makes the case for socialized medicine in a rather odd fashion
“You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”— Barack Obama
“I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”— Barack Obama
“I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer’s lobby.”— Barack Obama
“…I’ve got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.”— Barack Obama
Rick Warren:“…Now, let’s deal with abortion; 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. As a pastor, I have to deal with this all of the time, all of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. Forty million abortions, at what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?”
Barack Obama:“Well, you know, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.”
“…I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment — this was the time — when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals.”— Barack Obama
“But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.”— Barack Obama
“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times … and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”— Barack Obama
“It’s very rare that I come to an event where I’m like the fifth- or sixth-most interesting person.”— Barack Obama
“The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.”— Barack Obama
“I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions.”— Barack Obama
“No, no. I have been practicing…I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics, or something.”— Barack Obama

Location hidden

#1169879 Jul 20, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
USA is an enigma. When this topic started she was a conservative.
Now it's selective outrage, straw man, the ¨we care, we're compassionate¨ BS, hating anyone that criticizes Barry, calling people racists when she used to question Obama's citizenship...
Let me put it this way -- if you knew her back in '07 you wouldn't take her seriously today. Has to have something to do with receiving taxpayer money that she might lose when the GOP regains power.
She is truly an enigma.

Obama failures--
Admin refused to call Boko Haram terrorists in 2012, despite regular, violent attacks.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1169880 Jul 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe he didn't get lottery number over a year before they were actually drawn?
do you know how to spell lying scum properly? let's here you say it...mdbuilder is a lying scum about his draft lottery number and most everything else he has ever posted...
c'mon, dear...the first word sounds like bullshit...sound it out, lying, pathetic little scum of a 'human"....
"Corpse-man". What an idiot. Just like you jeffrey. LMAO
In The Right

United States

#1169881 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Obama failures--
Ignoring generals' advice and giving up blood bought gains in Iraq to ISIS
Actually there is a very long lists of these and I try to do other things between posting here so I will be back--
But we have tranquility in the global community...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min Susanm 345,650
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Trojan 36,079
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2